Pages:
Author

Topic: Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) Discussion Thread - page 3. (Read 945 times)

Activity: 1960
Merit: 329
www.Artemis.co

The Remo and Heartland match finally held today after much shifts. It was not much of an interesting game because Heartland would have been better with a win and not a draw. The match ended in a goalless draw and a share of spoils for both teams. Heartland is likely to go on relegation. The club is unable to win its home matches. If it can not win home games, it will not be an easy thing to expect a win away.
www.Artemis.co

Remo Stars match with Heartland FC billed for tomorrow Saturday April 9, is now shifted to Tuesday April 12 by 4pm. The shift is due to the late arrival of players to the state who could not train today because of the sit at home in the state capital. This is a condemned match for Heartland as a host team with relegation staring at them. This is match they have to win but will that happen? Remo is 4th on the table while Heartland is last 20. It will take alot of hardwork for Heartland to even get a draw. The Naze millionaires will be without their strong midfielder Jimoh Gbadamosi who will be serving 5 yellow card ban. This is the latest development.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 116
Today games at the NPFL

Plateau United vs Niger Tornadoes
Rivers United vs Lobi Stars
Wikki Tourist vs Sunshine Stars

Plateau United vs Niger Tornadoes - I am tipping Plateau will get a win against Niger Tornadoes as they aim for the top spot; Plateau United is second, 2 points from 1st position, A 2 nil victory

Rivers United vs Lobi Stars - League leaders Rivers face relegation threatened Lobi stars as they aim to retain their 2 points lead over Plateau United, Can Lobi get a draw? I predict a 1-1 home draw.

Wikki Tourist vs Sunshine Stars - 2 teams struggling for form after losing 3 out of their las 5 games; a fair result will see Sunshine stars of Akure getting away victory
What are your predictions ?

www.Artemis.co

After Heartland FC's two zero trashing by Nasarawa today am now convinced that the Nazi millionaires are going to be relegated this season. They are bottom of the league at number 20 with 21 games played and only 20 points earned. That is a poor stats. It pains me that the handlers of this club have allowed politics to over shadow everything in my darling club. There is dissatisfaction from players that are still owed salaries. And this is affecting players's commitment to the club.
Activity: 966
Merit: 701
@Maestro75, you are not exceptional too, since 2017. Better to post what is related to NPFL rather than repeating what someone has corrected and making the part of your post not to have any useful information added.

Do not bring that spirit here. This place is not your classroom to show you know more than others and decide who is exceptional and who is not. You did not watch a life game and did not follow a review of it and someone corrected your mistake and you are attacking those who did. Are you that way, thinking you are too big for correction or you feel anyone bruised you? You checked my profile and I have been here since 2017 and still a Full member that is what you are thinking, and so what? Grow up man.
If this thread was self moderated I would have delete your (@_act_ @ Maestro75) posts cause they are off-topic and irrelevant to the topic of discussion. Your quarrel should be settled in pm or another thread. This thread is for football discussion only. Please end this! Merits, signature and ranks do not matter here as long as you keep it clean and talk football. If you don’t care about the NPFL, don’t bother coming here.
www.Artemis.co
@Maestro75, you are not exceptional too, since 2017. Better to post what is related to NPFL rather than repeating what someone has corrected and making the part of your post not to have any useful information added.

Do not bring that spirit here. This place is not your classroom to show you know more than others and decide who is exceptional and who is not. You did not watch a life game and did not follow a review of it and someone corrected your mistake and you are attacking those who did. Are you that way, thinking you are too big for correction or you feel anyone bruised you? You checked my profile and I have been here since 2017 and still a Full member that is what you are thinking, and so what? Grow up man.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1267
Lightning network is good with small amount of BTC
This one is serious o, when did that happen? Even if you did not watch the live match you can at least still watch the highlight or the complete broadcast.
Do not mind that mistake, I did not watch the match, I just knew Ghana won after it played draw with Nigeria, I have edited that and corrected it.

Lmao, funny to see the response and i had a great and good laugh from this.
Lmao, I checked your account and saw when you registered and your progress, I had a great and good laugh from this too. @Maestro75, you are not exceptional too, since 2017. Better to post what is related to NPFL rather than repeating what someone has corrected and making the part of your post not to have any useful information added.

The home clubs won or drew all matches played last, even Rivers United was unable to win Akwa United. Akwa United is not a bad club either though but I was expecting more from Rivers United.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 555
Katsina United has signed three players Omoyele Tosin, Anthony Amaka,  all former players of Enyimba Fc. Enyimba didn't sign any new players over the transfer window yet they are letting their players go to their competition. Its quite worrisome for Enyimba Fc. I don't know how important these players were to Enyemba. It could be they are getting go of the excesses and are focusing on the important players. What is the point of paying players you are not going to use?
It is a matter of concern that Enyimba Fc failed to sign players. The big question is what is your tactics? What's their game plan? All the guys that should be getting Enyimba the goals are not delivering. Enyimba is a big club like Real Madrid of La Liga. I was expecting Enyimba to get one of those names that are getting the numbers. Fenidi George should have signed more players.
www.Artemis.co
No penalties Broo, it was all the away goal that got them proceeding to the world Cup.

I had a good laugh too and was asking myself if what I watched was a different Nigeria/Ghana match hahahaha.

It's a good thing we didn't go,so we can learn from our errors, Nigeria haven't gone further than the group stage,so let others give it a trial.

That is a type of comment a heart broken fan will make, hahahaha. I know you are consoling yourself the same way alot of us did that night. Nigeria needs total overhauling in every sector, not just in sports. Otherwise nothing will ever work. Bad luck will continue to pose a challenge to us. If it is anything I think President Buhari has to step into this matter and disband the Super Eagles and face the consequence with FIFA. Nigeria needs to step back and take stocks on sports. Our local league is almost dead and I did not expect anything better at the national level.
Katsina United has signed three players Omoyele Tosin, Anthony Amaka,  all former players of Enyimba Fc. Enyimba didn't sign any new players over the transfer window yet they are letting their players go to their competition. Its quite worrisome for Enyimba Fc. I don't know how important these players were to Enyemba. It could be they are getting go of the excesses and are focusing on the important players. What is the point of paying players you are not going to use?
Activity: 686
Merit: 19
After playing a no goal match in Ghana, we all thought Nigeria can win the second match, it was a hard match, Ghana was leading but Nigeria had penalty which was scored by William Troost-Ekon. The match led to penalty shootouts and Ghana won with penalty in Abuja stadium.

This one is serious o, when did that happen? Even if you did not watch the live match you can at least still watch the highlight or the complete broadcast. The match did not result to a penalty shootouts at the end of the game. It was decided within 90 minutes of play and it ended in 1:1 apiece but the away goal rule gave Ghana the victory. It was not decided through a penalty shootout.

No penalties Broo, it was all the away goal that got them proceeding to the world Cup.
It's a good thing we didn't go,so we can learn from our errors, Nigeria haven't gone further than the group stage,so let others give it a trial.
www.Artemis.co
After playing a no goal match in Ghana, we all thought Nigeria can win the second match, it was a hard match, Ghana was leading but Nigeria had penalty which was scored by William Troost-Ekon. The match led to penalty shootouts and Ghana won with penalty in Abuja stadium.

This one is serious o, when did that happen? Even if you did not watch the live match you can at least still watch the highlight or the complete broadcast. The match did not result to a penalty shootouts at the end of the game. It was decided within 90 minutes of play and it ended in 1:1 apiece but the away goal rule gave Ghana the victory. It was not decided through a penalty shootout.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1267
Lightning network is good with small amount of BTC
The much awaited fixture Ghana - Nigeria is tomorrow. This is a very tough fixture. Super Eagles are pretty much strong. Every other department seem sorted out. We need to control the midfield, Ndidi is going to be absent in tomorrow's fixture. We will have to find a way to manuever our way out of the jungle.
After playing a no goal match in Ghana, we all thought Nigeria can win the second match, it was a hard match, Ghana was leading but Nigeria had penalty which was scored by William Troost-Ekon.

Next NPFL lead fixture (April 03, GMT +1)
Akwa United ? - ? Rivers United FC
Enyimba ? - ? Wikki Tourist
Gombe United ? - ? Kano Pillars
Katsina United ? - ? Abia Warriors
Kwara United ? - ? Remo Stars
Lobi Stars ? - ? Enugu Rangers
MFM FC ? - ? Heartland Owerri
Nasarawa United ? - ? Shooting Stars
Niger Tornadoes ? - ? Dakkada FC
Sunshine Stars ? - ? Plateau United
www.Artemis.co

Am happy Wikki Tourists did not get away with their hooliganism against Enyimba FC of Aba in their match 19 encounter where fans of Wikki attacked Enyimba players in Bauchi at the northern club home ground. The League Management Company LMC has banished Wikki to Kaduna and all their matches will be played behind closed doors with a suspended 3 points deduction and a fine of N4 million. I think the 3 point deduction is small. Something like 10 points would have been okay. This sanction will save Wikki Tourists FC players the severe beating they would be receiving in Aba on April 3 for the second leg fixture because of reprisal attack. Now fans will respect themselves. This sanction came at a good time.

Source link: https://bestchoicesports.com.ng/enyimba-attack-wikki-tourists-banished-to-kaduna-fined-₦4-million-face-suspended-3-points-deduction/
www.Artemis.co
The much awaited fixture Ghana - Nigeria is tomorrow. This is a very tough fixture.

Me too I can not wait for it. It is going to be 8:30pm Nigeria time today. I want to see how that so much noise about Ghana voodoo will be defeated today on the pitch of play in Kumasi. We are going to miss Wilfred Ndidi in the midfield and I pray it does not affect our chances to bring Ghana down and show them we are the superior team.

Their political views is different from their skill

Their political view is ruled by greed. Okocha and Kanu have to be looking at Eto and Weah and what they are doing for their countries. It is a shame for both of them and the way they sold their personalities for cash.
The much awaited fixture Ghana - Nigeria is tomorrow. This is a very tough fixture. Super Eagles are pretty much strong. Every other department seem sorted out. We need to control the midfield, Ndidi is going to be absent in tomorrow's fixture. We will have to find a way to manuever our way out of the jungle.

Forget those two. Both of them only care about their pocket not the welfare of anybody. The only business Jay Jay Okocha manage to bring for us is betting nothing again. Although Papilo has an academy of footballers in Imo State.
The way our ex-Super Eagles players are after money is very tiring. Should I say they didn't pay them well during their football time or did they misuse their opportunities?
We can agree they were both incredible on the football pitch. Their political views is different from their skill
Activity: 1064
Merit: 501
Jay Jay Okocha had skills that would make Ronaldinho jealous, and Nwakwo Kano aka Papilo was one of the best players Arsenal ever had. These two players made me love inlove with football.

Jay Jay Okocha and Papilo remains the two most selfish Nigerian internationals of this age. I know you people will not like what I have said. They were great during their playing days on the pitch. But since they left active football, nothing has been heard about them in regards to football. They should have taken to coaching or found their way into football administration whether in Nigeria or anywhere else. But they are no where to be found on that. They want to die with their talents without passing it on to anyone. That is selfishness.
Forget those two. Both of them only care about their pocket not the welfare of anybody. The only business Jay Jay Okocha manage to bring for us is betting nothing again. Although Papilo has an academy of footballers in Imo State.
The way our ex-Super Eagles players are after money is very tiring. Should I say they didn't pay them well during their football time or did they misuse their opportunities?
www.Artemis.co
I did not read it on the news. If this is true then it is a shame that the club and their fans do not share the spirit of sportsmanship. Their actions was uncalled for and will cause retaliation from other state clubs. Football as a sport isn't perfect anywhere in the world, I know for a fact that fans in international leagues sometimes make racist slurs at players. The club addresses the matter immediately, Wikki Tourists should do the needful and first make a formal apology to Eyimba fc

National news no deh like carry this type of yawa events because na big shame to 9ja. But if you get media handles of this local teams or independent journalists to follow na him better pass for real gist behind the scene. National papers are only forced to carry the news once e result say person die for the wahala. If Wikki Tourists like make them no go beg NLC to sanction them before the return leg for Aba, na them go collect the beating on top the matter weh their fans cause.
The race for the trophy is between Rivers United and Plateau United. One can say that no one else can win this league this season outside these two teams. Rivers United are looking a little better than Plateau United, they have more experience as champions of the NPFL. It’s a pity that former NPFL giants Enyimba FC and Kano pillars have been reduced to clubs that go to regulation zone.
Sad news coming from the female football league clubs as there just lost one of the female Queen, sunshine queens just lost one of their goalkeeper Elizabeth Johnson,  one of the clubs goalkeepers, she was confirmed dead on the way to the hospital from the training ground.

sunshine Queen RIP

May her soul rest in peace. Such a sad moment for her family and the women football teams.
Gone too soon. I'm short of words

The consequences is not only for Finidi George and his coaching crew. There is also consequences for Wikki Tourists for beating up Enyimba FC players for sharing the points with them. I do not know when all these beating by away teams will stop. The league organisers need to do something and put heavy fines and penalty of either banishment or point deductions on this. Otherwise what Wikki Tourists FC will encounter in Aba will not be something pleasant. Already Enyimba fans have started threatening to beat up Wikki players when they come for the return leg in Aba next two weeks. It will be bloody if no sanction is imposed on Wikki Tourists before then.
I did not read it on the news. If this is true then it is a shame that the club and their fans do not share the spirit of sportsmanship. Their actions was uncalled for and will cause retaliation from other state clubs. Football as a sport isn't perfect anywhere in the world, I know for a fact that fans in international leagues sometimes make racist slurs at players. The club addresses the matter immediately, Wikki Tourists should do the needful and first make a formal apology to Eyimba fc
Pages:
Jump to: