Author

Topic: Nights Watch by Afrikoin - page 141. (Read 303310 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009
August 25, 2016, 07:20:37 PM
Banks won't use btc directly. They will make their own that they can control like fiat.
Fine with them. Their bankcoin won't even compete with Bitcoin. As Bitcoin's main value proposition is that it's not controlled by anyone as a whole, yet you control your own bitcoins. And it mostly eliminates banks as intermediaries.

Whatever banks come up with, I strongly suspect it will be worthless garbage. For me, at least.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
August 25, 2016, 06:44:29 PM
Bearish for Bitcoin IMO. In the medium term

Big banks plan to coin new digital currency
Group of major lenders seeks industry standard for settlements

https://www.ft.com/content/1a962c16-6952-11e6-ae5b-a7cc5dd5a28c?siteedition=uk&utm_content=buffer478b8&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer#axzz4IC8aFbQA

Bitcoin is yet to come up with a solid use case. Everything we talk aboout - lightning, wimblenimble, sidechains, seg wit, uncentralizing mining are not yet with us. We have to wait for the real work on the foundations to happen.

Right now, bitcoin is kinda taking a bashing. Blockchain hype/ distribited ledger hype is growing.

This is exactly what I said. Banks won't use btc directly. They will make their own that they can control like fiat. Bitcoin started as an experiment, and it was a damn good on3. Unfortunately, it won't be the final iteration of decentralized blockchain tech. All those new ideas for scalability are just band-aids on bullet wounds. They aren't permanent fixes.  They will ultimately just introduce more bugs
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
alan watts is all you need
August 25, 2016, 04:14:44 PM
Bearish for Bitcoin IMO. In the medium term

Big banks plan to coin new digital currency
Group of major lenders seeks industry standard for settlements

https://www.ft.com/content/1a962c16-6952-11e6-ae5b-a7cc5dd5a28c?siteedition=uk&utm_content=buffer478b8&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer#axzz4IC8aFbQA

Bitcoin is yet to come up with a solid use case. Everything we talk aboout - lightning, wimblenimble, sidechains, seg wit, uncentralizing mining are not yet with us. We have to wait for the real work on the foundations to happen.

Right now, bitcoin is kinda taking a bashing. Blockchain hype/ distribited ledger hype is growing.
legendary
August 25, 2016, 04:10:43 PM
Settlement Coin Creators Seek to 'Liberalize' Central Banks With Blockchain

http://www.coindesk.com/ubs-clearmatics-bny-icap-deutsche-liberalize-central-banks-settlement-coin/
legendary
August 25, 2016, 03:22:09 PM
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
August 22, 2016, 01:47:26 PM
I cannot see how it would hit $100..

HOWEVER.. I have buys ready!!!!
legendary
August 22, 2016, 01:18:03 PM
From 4 months ago

Activity: 560
Merit: 501
August 21, 2016, 10:08:06 AM
As I've always maintained, I expect bitcoin to fall to below $100 a piece. This chart is the long term one. Bitcoin is falling in wave (3) of C of II. Wave A is a leading diagonal. Wave B is a combination while wave C ( fall from 782.12 high, the part labelled ( Y ) ) is a developing impulse wave where waves (1) and (2) are complete. If bitcoin reaches to below $100 (as I expect), that will be your best opportunity to snatch as many as you can. Remember that once wave II completes , bitcoin will then make a sizable gain to beyond $2000 a piece.

source: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/elliott-wave-analysis-of-bitcoin-btcusd-price-1542671

The author of that prediction is a newbie here. Only fools can hope the price will dip under $100 !

Who cares he is a newbie ?? if his count is correct, we have to keep it as an option ( I personally think that this count is the best of all, it would be a miracle for all of us to buy as many cheap btc as we can even imagine)

+1.

Looks unbelievable now. If it does happen, I will buy shit load of bitcoins.

I have seen bearish forecasts of $300 to $100.

So i say its wise to start buying up once we hit (if we hit) $300

But have to admit, looks surreal and almost impossible to imagine $100.

Looks very unreal indeed, but as we saw with some great EW analyst, forecast of "unreal" price swings can be really accurate  Grin

That's why learning EW is my goal on the long run.
legendary
August 21, 2016, 07:36:59 AM
As I've always maintained, I expect bitcoin to fall to below $100 a piece. This chart is the long term one. Bitcoin is falling in wave (3) of C of II. Wave A is a leading diagonal. Wave B is a combination while wave C ( fall from 782.12 high, the part labelled ( Y ) ) is a developing impulse wave where waves (1) and (2) are complete. If bitcoin reaches to below $100 (as I expect), that will be your best opportunity to snatch as many as you can. Remember that once wave II completes , bitcoin will then make a sizable gain to beyond $2000 a piece.

source: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/elliott-wave-analysis-of-bitcoin-btcusd-price-1542671

The author of that prediction is a newbie here. Only fools can hope the price will dip under $100 !

Who cares he is a newbie ?? if his count is correct, we have to keep it as an option ( I personally think that this count is the best of all, it would be a miracle for all of us to buy as many cheap btc as we can even imagine)

+1.

Looks unbelievable now. If it does happen, I will buy shit load of bitcoins.

I have seen bearish forecasts of $300 to $100.

So i say its wise to start buying up once we hit (if we hit) $300

But have to admit, looks surreal and almost impossible to imagine $100.
legendary
August 21, 2016, 07:34:29 AM

He is a newbie here true.

But i have known him for a while before he joined bitcointalk. He used to post BTC EW charts on facebook and a different forum
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
August 21, 2016, 05:56:06 AM

Activity: 744
Merit: 500
August 21, 2016, 04:54:47 AM

legendary
August 20, 2016, 08:10:02 AM

legendary
August 20, 2016, 07:56:18 AM
Is there a pattern here?

If true. Then i epxect some sort of move up to $620 ish, then back down in the short term

legendary
August 16, 2016, 07:13:05 PM
Not another cup and handle! Grin

Havent seen any that was hyped that worked

What about a cup of tea guys ?

legendary
August 14, 2016, 06:28:06 PM

This was a response to this chart above. Can be found here.

My main interest has been highlighted in bold

@eYou1 - First and foremost, I very much appreciate the distinctive, point-by-point analysis you have laid out on the Geo. This is very much how I would have expanded the analysis, so it makes it very easy to follow, despite the complexity that would otherwise be forming to anyone's eyes.

Second, I agree with your analysis, that by the sole dependence on price analysis (aided by the overlaid pattern analysis), one might expect a retracement from recent highs to Point-3 (BLACK), which appears to have already occurred. So, one might tend to expect further rallying to occur from current levels.

However, the Predictive/Forecasting Model remains expectantly bearish - This Model does not use price, volume, news or fundamentals, and is purely driven by quantitative data manifested as fractals. The current outcome of the Model suggests a higher probability of a down-turn than an up-turn.

Now, mind you that we are resting only in the realm of probabilities, and that price or not, Model or not, all remains a matter of weighing possibilities against probabilities, which is really all that I can go by, as neither my directional opinion nor my bias will ever count in my analyses and forecasts - What comes out of the Model is what is, until proven otherwise.

Over the years, I have had the chance to test my opinion and bias against the Model by taking live trades since I felt that the market direction and strength (predictive analysis) and extent (forecast) appeared so ridiculously far off to me that it could not possibly "get there". However, I have lost too many times at this second-guessing that I decided to simply and mechanically report and put my faith in it - not something I recommend to anyone, as I would expect that any good trader would do his/her own due diligence. But for the sake of having to compare what I think and what the Model "says", I have taken the quiet position and waited for further confirmations outside of the Model, even if this meant to come late into the trade.

In terms of confirmations OUTSIDE of the Model, I recommend looking at structural analysis (i.e.: looking at breaking of recent/prior highs and lows). In addition, a "total" analysis of Elliott Wave would be a good idea, since the current price action might cause myopia as we might risk to look too closely at the wave counts.

My position in those terms has remained bearish on the basis that the impulse that carved the highest historical high (across the year 2013), has been followed by what appears to be a protracted consolidation (large a-b-c across the year 2014) as a first A-Wave, followed by a B-Wave across the year 2015 into recent June 2016 (expressed by your points 2-3-4-5'' in BLACK).

So, expectedly, a conclusive C-Wave remains afoot to the DOWN-side, even if speculative, as there is yet no other price action that exposes a clear impulse development to the UP-side for now, and no clear counter-argument to the current 3-3-3 pattern still unfolding.

In any case, this remains a very challenging and interest object of curiosity for the Predictive/Forecasting Model, as Bitstamp has not followed the surest path, and the temptation to follow a reasonable geometric pathway has been too often proven wrong by the Model, retrospectively. So, as I remain bound to second-guess the Model (by virtue of having to question the Model in a constant exercise of its refinement), I would love to see your geometry-based scenario unfold in your favor, and see the Model proven wrong, so that it can be "tweaked" to its smallest detail.

In the 4-Hour chart I posted recently, I marked 666.02 as a possible ultimate level, based on a reciprocal ab=cd symmetry, against 645.00 as a probable target to the upside. I would chance that IF price were to transgress BOTH of these levels and continue above the 775.00 level, then the Model would stand little to no chance to remain credible as far as this bearish scenario goes.

Time is a good teller, and that is the story I will have to wait for patiently.

Much appreciate sharing your thoughts and detailing that analysis.

Keep posting and always assume that the Model is wrong - This remains the only way to improve on a system and keep all subjectivity out of the trades.

Have a very safe week-end,

Regards,

David Alcindor
legendary
legendary
August 13, 2016, 08:44:00 AM
legendary
August 12, 2016, 11:07:53 AM
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
August 10, 2016, 11:35:30 AM
Wow, thought this thread had become some sort of bear enclosure....$85!!

But then...LoLing at the fact the chart claiming $22K high is "good".

Smiley

Hey nanobrain, that chart is rather good in my humble opinion (not because I did it or anything). Its not a 'prediction' its just showing what would happen if history repeats after this halving as the first one. Anyway I think Afrikoin tries to be balanced showing both bearish and bullish opinion which is commendable.

I believe this as well.  I think he is just trying to do unbiased TA.  It is nice to take a gander.  I've made a decent amount of cash playing ascending triangles on penny stocks lol.  Haven't worked up the courage to play shorts on descending triangles yet though.
Jump to: