Author

Topic: Nights Watch by Afrikoin - page 142. (Read 303310 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
alan watts is all you need
August 10, 2016, 06:18:32 AM
blocksize issue, ethereum at $1B, craig wright, the DAO, hard fork, ethereum classic, bitfinex... just the first half of 2016 for crypto.
legendary
Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061
August 10, 2016, 05:00:32 AM
Wow, thought this thread had become some sort of bear enclosure....$85!!

But then...LoLing at the fact the chart claiming $22K high is "good".

Smiley

Hey nanobrain, that chart is rather good in my humble opinion (not because I did it or anything). Its not a 'prediction' its just showing what would happen if history repeats after this halving as the first one. Anyway I think Afrikoin tries to be balanced showing both bearish and bullish opinion which is commendable.
legendary
August 09, 2016, 12:37:39 PM
Fundamentals not looking good. This is bad for sentiment and perception.

Bitfinex and a 36 per cent charge from the school of life

http://ftalphaville.ft.com/2016/08/09/2172299/bitfinex-and-a-36-per-cent-charge-from-the-school-of-life/
legendary
August 09, 2016, 12:26:02 PM
Bitcoin Price Analysis — Long term buy, short term hold

http://bravenewcoin.com/news/bitcoin-price-analysis-long-term-buy-short-term-hold/
legendary
August 09, 2016, 11:11:16 AM
The impulse had many primary wave extensions which is why it seems it has bottomed on just one sharp fell swoop. Having gone too far none the less I think the bottom very probably in.

We know theres a bottom here because of the triangle. We know abc's retrace at least 62% as a strong guideline. Not to mention that the abc could have been a wave ii of sorts.

Might actually play masterluc's Ping Pong game, which leads to another large triangle forming. 400-800-470-710-510-TriangleEnd

The lines in red perhaps explain what you mean. The larger pattern bouncing up and down.

But where will it break out? down or up?

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
August 09, 2016, 03:19:36 AM
The impulse had many primary wave extensions which is why it seems it has bottomed on just one sharp fell swoop. Having gone too far none the less I think the bottom very probably in.

We know theres a bottom here because of the triangle. We know abc's retrace at least 62% as a strong guideline. Not to mention that the abc could have been a wave ii of sorts.

https://www.tradingview.com/x/97PXe0Td

Might actually play masterluc's Ping Pong game, which leads to another large triangle forming. 400-800-470-710-510-TriangleEnd
legendary
August 08, 2016, 09:22:38 AM

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Dumb broad
August 08, 2016, 03:01:37 AM
Wow, thought this thread had become some sort of bear enclosure....$85!!

But then...LoLing at the fact the chart claiming $22K high is "good".

Smiley
legendary
August 07, 2016, 04:51:01 PM
From 4xForecaster
https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/r0mRcVxF-Resistance-At-Geo-s-Rule-2-Bears-Eye-170-70-bitcoin-BTC/

Hello @CaliCrypto - If I were a market maker and needed to rob people of their hard-earn money, I would:

1 - Bring price to nose-bleed levels ... Done (last historical reversal raising everyone's expectation of a "it's got to go higher" consecutive high)
2 - But then, bore them to death with a time-consumptive consolidation ... Done (ensuing consolidation up to today, prior to sudden decline)
3 - Bring price down against most expectations ... Done (today)
4 - Next? How about a stop-loss steam roller? ...
5 - ... Before another severely abysmal leg down.
legendary
August 07, 2016, 04:42:59 PM
Good chart by Afbitcoins.

legendary
legendary
August 04, 2016, 04:20:09 AM
I find the decline in the last 48hrs or so leading up to hack announcement surprising.  Its almost as if the "hacker" or his insiders knew about it and dumped whatever they had, I mean we went down rather quickly from what like 670 to around 605 at time of hack announcement.
To be honest anyone who is surprised by this happening is probably a fool, or more gullible than what you'd expect. It definitely seems like there was some insider knowledge before anything was announced, considering the movement of the market. It feels to start to trickle down at first, then the news broke and some of it went into freefall. I think that most exchanges are doing more behinds the scene than we think, and a lot of thee exchanges use this shit to run off with money. I have no real proof, but it's incredibly suspicious right now.
legendary
August 04, 2016, 04:09:49 AM
Hi guys,

I am new here and will be grateful for your welcoming me aboard. I am an Elliottician and I apply Elliott waves to currencies (forex), gold and bitcoin (BTC/USD). My current analysis suggests that bitcoin price is falling in a third wave and will likely fall to below $100 soon. NB: I know that's a shock to most  Wink . However I will provide more information as time progresses. My chart below is self explanatory (for those who understand the basic Elliott Wave theme) but I will endeavor to bring everyone on board and not lose people through unnecessary jargon.

As shown, I expect bitcoin to bottom at about $85, being the area of the last fourth wave (i.e the converging trend lines) of the rise from about $0 to >$1000 a piece.

legendary
August 04, 2016, 04:08:42 AM

More down
legendary
August 03, 2016, 07:42:15 AM
Long term bullish picture looks good. Need wait until december.

I like these arcs so far. However need some more downside...

Masterluc, how are you counting your green i? I can't see 5 waves that adhere to the EW rules in there. Either that, or green ii goes below the start of green i, which makes it invalid?

This is my count, a bit more bullish medium to long-term, less bullish in the very long-term.

legendary
August 03, 2016, 07:40:31 AM
Long term bullish picture looks good. Need wait until december.

I like these arcs so far. However need some more downside...

This is nice if it will happen as plotted in that chart. But usually that is not the case. We often see that the unexpected happens that's a lot of traders lose money in trading and investing. If the hack did not happen how would you plot the chart and would have foresaw the massive drop happening? I believe the answer will be a "no". Staying below $600 until the end of the year is a possibility here. I wonder how that will look like in the chart.
legendary
August 03, 2016, 07:37:32 AM
There was something of a road of improvement across exchange landscape after the Goxxing, during a 1.5 year extended bear market. Stamp got hacked leading to one of the lowest points of it, but it was a smaller scale of ~$5m, they obviously stayed solvent, customers did not incur loss, and market bounced well after the fact thanks to the Coinbase lunar bump.

I think it's safe to say that this is a catastrophic event that likely will close Bitfinex's doors, at a time when the trend should be smaller and smaller hacks and significance. Security, infrastructure, systems should have been getting better, and for all appearances they had been until now. Not to say that Bitfinex didn't make strides in that regard, but clearly it wasn't enough.

Looking at chart, this is almost resembling the drop after the ATH ~78% retrace bounce in early 2014, that marked the (start of the?) end of that bull market in Feb '14. From public loss of confidence at a critical time as ever, I'm feeling rather bearish for the medium term outlook. There will probably be some sharp spikes up and down in short term, but the effects of this will likely negatively ripple out for many months in the market.

There's quite a bit more similarity than I'd like to admit. Comparing Bitstamp and Hoobi between late 2013 and now respectively:

Peak of parabolic move up
~78% retrace down of base of move to peak in #1
~78% retrace up of peak to drop in #2
Triangular consolidation and somewhat sideways action for about a month
Fat red candles as news of hack spreads. Difference this time was that Gox was a prolonged uncertainty and vagueness over span of 2-3 weeks thanks to Karpeles, we had our massive candle all in span of a day when it was announced fairly quickly the nature and scope of loss.
Remains to be seen if we get some bounce but many months of decline again
I'm feeling too lazy to copy bars from the two time periods to illustrate my point though.

source  https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/4vwnmx/daily_discussion_wednesday_august_03_2016/d625gcs
legendary
August 03, 2016, 03:28:01 AM
Lol!

$599

I wonder what adamstgBit will say this time

Huh Shocked Roll Eyes Cry Grin Cheesy

look at the date when i posted this
price was 630ish
IMO 599 was holding just fine, until a bomb randomly went off.
a new bitmovements update is coming SOONTM

I see when you posted. I follow your thread. It is good, i like it.

Hmmm, regarding the hack lol! IMO the hack is part of a bigger conspiracy by 'whales'. The timing is coincidental. But you must have seen all the forecats for a low $480. I know you objected to most forecasts that were below $600, but plenty of people made this call.

Of course, we can rationalize now and say " Oh, price was holding welll until the hack happened". But , to me, that is rationalizing. Trying to fit events to suit your forecast.

Anyway, I love you work Adam. I mean well.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
August 03, 2016, 01:02:46 AM
Lol!

$599

I wonder what adamstgBit will say this time

Huh Shocked Roll Eyes Cry Grin Cheesy

look at the date when i posted this
price was 630ish
IMO 599 was holding just fine, until a bomb randomly went off.
a new bitmovements update is coming SOONTM
Jump to: