Author

Topic: Nights Watch by Afrikoin - page 144. (Read 303310 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
alan watts is all you need
July 26, 2016, 10:43:33 AM
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027
Permabull Bitcoin Investor
July 26, 2016, 10:32:35 AM
legendary
July 26, 2016, 09:54:43 AM
MUST LISTEN To THIS

https://www.hvst.com/posts/66742-raoul-pal-the-era-of-doing-nothing-and-getting-paid-for-it-is-over

Raoul Pal: "The Era Of Doing Nothing And Getting Paid For It Is Over"
Today's podcast is a little different. I speak with Raoul Pal and we cover a number of topics, running from one to another as they crop up. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I always enjoy speaking with Raoul.

For those of you who've never heard of Raoul - he is first and foremost one of the most congenial, open minded, and thoughtful guys you could ever have the pleasure of discussing the truly mind boggling and fascinating world of global macroeconomics with.

He's also a world renowned global macro investor, an investment strategist, economic historian, traveler, rum drinker, and co-founder of Real Vision TV, together with Grant Williams who I spoke with some time ago. Here's some of the topics Raoul and I cover in the podcast:

The end of financialization of the economy. The era of doing nothing and get paid for it is over. Why Raoul thinks that’s a good thing (especially if you’re an entrepreneur) and he also lays out the way to profit from it.
Why markets around the world are so fragile today and why the investment environment is so dangerous, especially for less liquid investments.
Helicopter money - as Raoul said, “We’re getting there, it just depends which format we’re going to get.”
Why debt is like 700 beers (plus Raoul’s take on the possibility of a debt jubilee).
Which chart is showing one of the biggest head and shoulders tops in history.
How Raoul looks at Bitcoin and why he thinks Bitcoin has a huge runway (but with one important caveat)... and why - on the other side - he doesn’t see a lot more runway left in startup investing, or as Raoul calls it, “lottery ticket investing”.
Why venture capital is, in fact, in a "terrifying situation".
And much more.
legendary
July 26, 2016, 08:03:58 AM
The EU Commission wants to monitor all cryptocurrency users. I think this is bearish, or at least bad news...
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/eu-central-database-bitcoin-users/

you know it. How it works

some *convenient* bad news emerges > whales use it to drag us down > people rationalize > moon talk goes down > repeat
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
July 26, 2016, 06:12:59 AM
The EU Commission wants to monitor all cryptocurrency users. I think this is bearish, or at least bad news...
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/eu-central-database-bitcoin-users/
legendary
July 26, 2016, 06:01:56 AM
Possible Bitcoin Price Explosion In Future

GBTC. The Winklevoss ETF. The new Europe ETI bitcoin fund.
If we see 20% of stock exchanges add a Bitcoin fund, or fund that has bitcoin in it (like ARK funds), consider the supply impact if these funds have 10-100K bitcoins. It means that more of bitcoin is tied up. Also, it creates competition with hedge funds, as some of them will want to buy bitcoin directly if enough of these other funds own bitcoin.
Just a thought on a possible future short squeeze and this says nothing about central banking interest.
(This won't happen immediately, so HODLer benefit only.)
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
July 26, 2016, 03:49:20 AM
Welcome back, let's all keep in mind Ryan bearish chart to be protected against big bearish moves  Smiley
Activity: 744
Merit: 500
July 25, 2016, 09:56:05 PM
Welcome back afrikoin !
legendary
July 25, 2016, 04:18:03 PM

from https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15561474

Re: Adam's BitMovements

"i'm moving my cheap coin target up, i was expecting another leg down post halving but the clock is ticking and we aren't dropping... its starting to look more likely that 599$ will not be reached, 630$ is a more attainable target.

if we aren't to paint a big fat red candle down, then i suspected we'll drift upward into 700's sooner then you might expect.

as i was typing this out we see a spike above 666, lol
Cheap Coin Target 649.99$"

https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs31.postimg.org%2Fhbxljs21n%2FUntitled.png&t=566&c=2ZSf5jZimGJ1Ew
legendary
July 25, 2016, 04:15:14 PM

it's heading to $888, try not to get in the way too much.

P.S ... 2 pages of Lightning network FUD, what happened the bullyjoeallen sock got neutered?
legendary
July 25, 2016, 03:53:43 PM
Miami Judge Rules Bitcoin Is Not Money; Dismisses Money Laundering, Transmitting Charges

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/miami-judge-rules-bitcoin-is-not-money-dismisses-money-laundering-transmitting-charges-1469471625
legendary
July 25, 2016, 03:44:15 PM
I am bearish short term. Look at $580 low $600s.

Think there is a chance we'll shoot to $1000. But all depends on how lower levels hold.

Like Tzupy said $480.

Also mAster luc says $550

Still think this is not the mega bull run. I am watching DanVs chart for possible plays.

People here (an on bitcoin markets and r/bitcoin) make fun of Danv.

But this chart here was perhaps his greatest work. It forecasted what we are in today (if you forecast by elimination).

Thoughts?
legendary
July 25, 2016, 03:37:35 PM
According to this count:

The weekly sma20 is gonna be revisited first.

IMO a correction down to 420$ could invalidate the bullish scenario, so permabulls better hope it stops at 480$.

IMO a correction down to 420$ could invalidate the bullish scenario, so permabulls better hope it stops at 480$.

How 62% retracement of $190 -> $800 move could invalidate something?

The bearish picture remains the same with target 450 through a bear flag and enormous support at 420. Daily bands coiling, bold move expected soon.

I even don't beleive ))

legendary
July 25, 2016, 03:34:55 PM
I'm back! Been lurking but was not logged in.

No much fanfare for my return like MasterLuc. But happy to be back.

I switched computers and have been putting off transferring my passwords. I got a dell XPS core i7. ANyway, finally got round to transferring my bitcointalk password. This article here prompted me to. just had to share.

Keep an Eye on Bitcoin as the Next Financial Crisis Starts

https://www.thestreet.com/story/13642875/1/keep-an-eye-on-bitcoin-as-the-next-financial-crisis-starts.html

Kind of media hype articles to expect in the coming years. When price finally decides to go out on a mega bull run, these kind of articles will play a crucial role in awakening the masses!

Will start posting charts soon
Activity: 681
Merit: 507
July 20, 2016, 12:25:03 PM
Hi afri,
kinda quiet here lately, hard to predict anything right now.

But would be cool if this turns out to be a bear whale pattern  Smiley

legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
June 24, 2016, 08:19:02 PM
RyNinDaCleM, your signature says Bearish sentiment, since like ever and also since the price was under 200 USD -> now we are 3x higher...Are you trying to manipulate the noobs or what is this sorcery? I don't get it... Grin

Not at all! I don't wish misfortune on anyone. It was mainly to show my personal sentiment since I closed my EW thread to show where I feel this is going, eventually. THEN, a few members had to make a big fuss about it, and now it stays.

I never tell people to sell sell sell, or that Bitcoin is dead. In fact, I have told many people both privately and publicly that I don't like to advise any action because it's bad enough if I lose my own money on a trade, but I would feel terrible if I told someone to do something that ends with them losing money. My sig sentiment is merely my opinion on where we ultimately go when this wave B completes (if not already done, though I don't feel the top of B has been seen yet)

He will probably remain bearish until we pass $1200 and or enter an exponential growth phase.

That is entirely possible, but I do not let it get in the way of my trading.
Activity: 268
Merit: 250
June 24, 2016, 08:10:45 PM
He will probably remain bearish until we pass $1200 and or enter an exponential growth phase.
Activity: 748
Merit: 500
June 24, 2016, 07:45:12 PM
RyNinDaCleM, your signature says Bearish sentiment, since like ever and also since the price was under 200 USD -> now we are 3x higher...Are you trying to manipulate the noobs or what is this sorcery? I don't get it... Grin
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
June 24, 2016, 07:12:34 PM
What was market sentiment during wave A ? I wasn't there so I can't tell, but waves B sentiment definitly looks as what's written in the books  Cheesy

A was (as with any A) still positive at the start. Every lower low was "the bottom" and "it cannot drop below XXX". Well it did... Many times. General sentiment waned a little over the months, but not enough to say the bulls were beaten enough, imo. There were definite capitulation events and surprise white flags flown by unexpected members, but it wasn't a grim outlook by the majority. It never made it to the point that a bounce was expected to be "Just a bounce" (clear bottoming sentiment).

The psychology is another reason for my mid term outlook. A wave-1 should be full of selling because it's "just a bounce". "lower lows are coming" should be the general sentiment. That never happened. Bulls snapped right back to their old ways of trains, rockets, moons and dead bears. That is not wave-1 psychology, but wave-B psychology. Since the first bottoming in January 2015, the price was as messy and uncountable as a low liquidity, high volatility penny stock with manic traders...Not an impulse! Action since the second margin event in August last year was a little better for the bulls, but it still isn't as clear-cut as most see it. ONLY BFX made a LL there, and the mess between those two hot knives did not amount to a triangle, so it isn't as easy to just say it was a complex that completed the bear market. It feels more logical to me that the move between is the beginnings of a wave-B (or X) because it is said that if it is messy and uncountable, it is likely a wave-B. Well, that is exactly what it looks like to me.
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
June 23, 2016, 04:05:48 AM
What was market sentiment during wave A ? I wasn't there so I can't tell, but waves B sentiment definitly looks as what's written in the books  Cheesy
Jump to: