Author

Topic: Nights Watch by Afrikoin - page 159. (Read 303310 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
alan watts is all you need
March 18, 2016, 04:35:47 PM
$404

Looking at $400
legendary
March 16, 2016, 04:53:46 AM
.@ekdromoi @77wHan any position you take as this triangle ends is extremely high Risk/Reward. Watch for fake outs and don't lose you're ass.

https://twitter.com/77wHan/status/710025272368607232
legendary
March 16, 2016, 04:45:23 AM
BTCC's Samson Mow on Block Size: The Bitcoin Community Must See Through Manipulation, Keep Calm and Write Code

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles//btcc-s-sampson-mow-on-block-size-the-bitcoin-community-must-see-through-manipulation-keep-calm-and-write-code-1458061357
legendary
March 16, 2016, 03:31:11 AM
Diversify your portfolio with an allocation to Bitcoin http://grayscale.co/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Grayscale-Paper-1.pdf

by grayscale.

//On another note, i don't see  why people still doubt bitcoin. It is real now. This report cites it as a wayto diversify a portfolio as per modern portfolio Theory. Shouldn't that atleast mean its not crazy internet money anymore?
Activity: 854
Merit: 503
Legendary trader
March 15, 2016, 08:42:03 PM
The period leading up to the first bitcoin halving and the period just before the coming bitcoin halving look quite similar to me.
Note that we are in the most lasting uptrend since the one that lead to the all time high. My guess is that we are breaking up before the halving.
legendary
Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061
March 15, 2016, 07:59:11 PM
I guess everyone is looking at this wedge. Which way will it break? (up)

legendary
March 15, 2016, 07:05:49 PM
legendary
Activity: 2101
Merit: 1061
March 15, 2016, 06:21:25 PM
legendary
March 15, 2016, 03:54:03 AM
Again, this is a problem which comes from asking the wrong question. Here is someone who has never seen a cat. He is looking through a narrow slit in a fence, and, on the other side, a cat walks by. He sees first the head, then the less distinctly shaped furry trunk, and then the tail. Extraordinary! The cat turns round and walks back, and again he sees the head, and a little later the tail. This sequence begins to look like something regular and reliable. Yet again, the cat turns round, and he witnesses the same regular sequence: first the head, and later the tail. Thereupon he reasons that the event head is the invariable and necessary cause of the event tail, which is the head's effect. This absurd and confusing gobbledygook comes from his failure to see that head and tail go together; they are all one cat.

The cat wasn't born as a head which, sometime later, caused a tail; it was born all of a piece, a head-tailed cat. Our observer's trouble was that he was watching it through a narrow slit, and couldn't see the whole cat at once.

The narrow slit in the fence is much like the way in which we look at life by conscious attention, for when we attend to something we ignore everything else. Attention is narrowed perception. It is a way of looking at life bit by bit, using memory to string the bits together-as when examining a dark room with a flashlight having a very narrow beam. Perception thus narrowed has the advantage of being sharp and bright, but it has to focus on one area of the world after another, and one feature after another. And where there are no features, only space or uniform surfaces, it somehow gets bored and searches about for more features. Attention is therefore something like a scanning mechanism in radar or television, and Norbert Wiener and his colleagues found some evidence that there is a similar process in the brain.

But a scanning process that observes the world bit by bit soon persuades its user that the world is a great collection of bits, and these he calls separate things or events. We often say that you can only think of one thing at a time. The truth is that in looking at the world bit by bit we convince ourselves that it consists of separate things, and so give ourselves the problem of how these things are connected and how they cause and effect each other. The problem would never have arisen if we had been aware that it was just our way of looking at the world which had chopped it up into separate bits, things, events, causes, and effects. We do not see that the world is all of a piece like the head-tailed cat.
legendary
March 14, 2016, 04:26:04 AM
The Trade 3

Starts at 9.00min

Tone is bearish. says he is looking at $300 - $250 as buy zone

Says RSI is overbought multiple times vs number of time oversold since November 2015 $504 high

Admits he would be bullish if some random bullish news came out and pushed up above $450 -$480
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKau7yXoX9c
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164
March 13, 2016, 07:29:11 PM
Sometimes reading charts can drive you batty. Plenty of great traders just wait for a trend to clearly establish, jump on board then sell before the rush for the exit starts. In other words the trend is your friend and don't be a pig. Good example is recent Ether action.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
March 13, 2016, 02:19:29 PM

Left is Bullish, Right is bearish
Being a continuation pattern, the direction the triangle is entered is the direction of the break. Ascending/Descending has no bearing on bullishness/bearishness.

The big triangle held at 390$, but time is running out for the bulls, so this time if 400$ will be broken, it should clearly break the triangle down and cause a massive selloff.

Still time for a false break, triggering stops in the process. As long as the C wave low holds (352.5), triangle is still valid. The 390 hit was lacking a completed structure, so I am still looking at the possibility of more down, even if truncated, to complete the triangle.

Edit:
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1094
March 13, 2016, 10:28:10 AM

Being a continuation pattern, the direction the triangle is entered is the direction of the break. Ascending/Descending has no bearing on bullishness/bearishness.

The big triangle held at 390$, but time is running out for the bulls, so this time if 400$ will be broken, it should clearly break the triangle down and cause a massive selloff.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
March 13, 2016, 09:17:59 AM

legendary
March 13, 2016, 04:58:12 AM
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
March 12, 2016, 06:34:57 PM
but but ..
We are going DOWN ?
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531
yes
March 12, 2016, 06:08:18 PM
Price is quite strong the last few months despite developer-fights. I'm quite positive for the medium term.
legendary
March 12, 2016, 04:15:58 PM

a few weeks ago there was the "The Bitcoin Roundtable Consensus", right after this i wrote the update above. well bitcoin didn't skyrocket to that 750 target i had... unfortunately the poeple seem to have little faith in "Consensus" reached at the round table, Core's roadmap does promise segwit and then 2MB HF later ( IF there is "widespread Consensus" ), but poeple aren't still convinced this is the best way forward. 2MB is popular, of course there are still many that loves cores vision of scaling bitcoin with a second layer solution but as far as popular opinion, main chain scaling is what "the poeple" want, And Core is playing a very dangerous game, they are going against popular opinion. They have a different vision than most when it comes to scaling bitcoin, and they are sticking to it. how exactly this is all going to play out is anyone's guess, and fuck i'm done trying to guess this, frankly i dont give a crap. My idea is that one way or another bitcoin will be made to scale, hopefully core can deliver segwit on time and this will allow the market to breath a sigh of relief ( breaking 500 ).  I'm currently buying the FUD about bitcoin being slow broken, unable to scale, i'm buying into this FUD because I thinking it is unjustified...

Despite the lack of resolution from "The Bitcoin Roundtable Consensus" ( if anything it seemed to have added fuel to the fire ) the graph still looks good doesn't it... this is the bullmarket effect, FUD can only slow down or temporarily prevent a rise. We are currently at a very important resistance / support line (415-420 ish) and appear to be moving above it. I do not believe the market will wait for segwit release to break up higher, this market likes to try and stay one step ahead, so this means we are moving up and we are doing it now.

Adam's prediction: >= 750 in < 2 months
Adam's Cheap Coins Target: 405
legendary
March 12, 2016, 01:55:36 PM
Jump to: