Pages:
Author

Topic: Nights Watch by Afrikoin - page 93. (Read 303310 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
alan watts is all you need
March 19, 2017, 02:28:24 AM

Antminer is the only miner leading the crusade. The others are not joining. Its much ado about nothing, and a debate that has been going on for a couple years now. BU is not a solution - its like climate change - 95% of experts agree.

Scaling will figure itself out on the current chain.

What about beyond BU?

i mean, its not as if BU is the only HF alternative out there
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
March 19, 2017, 02:14:32 AM
Current state and obvioius solution

After spending the last day to figure out WTF is happening to my investment, it boils down to this:
1) Core devs are pushing Segwit to fix a bunch of issues, give a slight bump to on-chain scaling, and open up second level scaling. There is some controversy about conflicts of interest suggesting they are controlled by Blocksteam and are avoiding on-chain scaling so they can offer paid second layer solutions. The counter argument is that on-chain scaling creates centralization, and on-chain scaling will never be able to scale to what is really needed.
2) Led by Antminer, miners have become super powerful, well capitalized, and very centralized. There seems to be evidence Antminer controls more mining power than most people realize. Not happy with CORE/Segwit, they and other miners have backed BU. Proponents claim BU won't enable unless 80% (currently ~33%) of hashing power is BU. Opponents are worried about giving the the miners too much control over the blocksize and the competence of BU devs.
3) Most exchanges are saying BU will only be listed if replay attacks are mitigated. BU will initially be it's own symbol (i.e. an alt) even if BU has more hashing power than Core. At some point however, they will recognized BU as Bitcoin if it becomes the clear winner.
My comments:
Segwit will not activate in it's current form because it needs 95%. By definition, the miners must have a block size increase. As the block reward disappears, ~2000 transactions per block are not going to pay for all the security (centralized or not) we enjoy. Miners aren't trying to destroy Bitcoin with BU (they want the BTC price to go up), but allowing BU to activate will give miners even more power. Allowing them to set the blocksize is like giving OPEC the right to control the size of your gas tank. Unfortunately, there is a good chance they already have the 80% needed to make it happen. As a side-note, it is worth mentioning that most of the community (even in China) still support Core (or they just don't want a fork).
Obvious Solution:
Core needs to get off their ass and increase the block size ASAP regardless of segwit activation. No one reasonable expects all transactions to be on-chain, but there needs to be enough space for miners to make money as the block reward decreases. Miners are just trying to defend their future economic interests. If they just had a plan to increase it to say 8mb over the next 5 years, all of this would go away and the BTC price would soar. Instead, these super smart guys will lose control of this generation's biggest financial innovation.
edit: I've done my best to be a good Bitcoin supporter here. I've spent many hours analyzing the situation, described it in a non BS way, and offered a clear solution. If you disagree with something, please articulate rather than just downvoting.

source : https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/605wo3/current_state_and_obvioius_solution/

Antminer is the only miner leading the crusade. The others are not joining. Its much ado about nothing, and a debate that has been going on for a couple years now. BU is not a solution - its like climate change - 95% of experts agree.

Scaling will figure itself out on the current chain.
legendary
March 19, 2017, 12:02:19 AM
Market Update: Don't Stop Bullievin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGtrLFtuKvo
legendary
March 18, 2017, 11:19:33 PM
legendary
March 18, 2017, 10:37:13 PM
Bitcoin as a social movement

legendary
March 18, 2017, 10:36:29 PM
legendary
March 18, 2017, 10:11:58 PM
Current state and obvioius solution

After spending the last day to figure out WTF is happening to my investment, it boils down to this:
1) Core devs are pushing Segwit to fix a bunch of issues, give a slight bump to on-chain scaling, and open up second level scaling. There is some controversy about conflicts of interest suggesting they are controlled by Blocksteam and are avoiding on-chain scaling so they can offer paid second layer solutions. The counter argument is that on-chain scaling creates centralization, and on-chain scaling will never be able to scale to what is really needed.
2) Led by Antminer, miners have become super powerful, well capitalized, and very centralized. There seems to be evidence Antminer controls more mining power than most people realize. Not happy with CORE/Segwit, they and other miners have backed BU. Proponents claim BU won't enable unless 80% (currently ~33%) of hashing power is BU. Opponents are worried about giving the the miners too much control over the blocksize and the competence of BU devs.
3) Most exchanges are saying BU will only be listed if replay attacks are mitigated. BU will initially be it's own symbol (i.e. an alt) even if BU has more hashing power than Core. At some point however, they will recognized BU as Bitcoin if it becomes the clear winner.
My comments:
Segwit will not activate in it's current form because it needs 95%. By definition, the miners must have a block size increase. As the block reward disappears, ~2000 transactions per block are not going to pay for all the security (centralized or not) we enjoy. Miners aren't trying to destroy Bitcoin with BU (they want the BTC price to go up), but allowing BU to activate will give miners even more power. Allowing them to set the blocksize is like giving OPEC the right to control the size of your gas tank. Unfortunately, there is a good chance they already have the 80% needed to make it happen. As a side-note, it is worth mentioning that most of the community (even in China) still support Core (or they just don't want a fork).
Obvious Solution:
Core needs to get off their ass and increase the block size ASAP regardless of segwit activation. No one reasonable expects all transactions to be on-chain, but there needs to be enough space for miners to make money as the block reward decreases. Miners are just trying to defend their future economic interests. If they just had a plan to increase it to say 8mb over the next 5 years, all of this would go away and the BTC price would soar. Instead, these super smart guys will lose control of this generation's biggest financial innovation.
edit: I've done my best to be a good Bitcoin supporter here. I've spent many hours analyzing the situation, described it in a non BS way, and offered a clear solution. If you disagree with something, please articulate rather than just downvoting.

source : https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/605wo3/current_state_and_obvioius_solution/
legendary
March 18, 2017, 09:59:13 PM
legendary
legendary
March 18, 2017, 09:54:00 PM
Brian Armstrong

CEO COinbase

My goal is to have Coinbase be neutral in this debate. I think SegWit, BU, or other solutions could all be made to work in bitcoin. We're here to provide whatever our customers want as best we can across all digital currencies, and work with the wider community to make forward progress.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/606fot/coinbase_responds_to_industry_letter/

legendary
March 18, 2017, 09:39:14 PM
This is how I feel about all of my cryptocurrency holdings this weekend

Check out more here https://cryptopop.net/

source https://twitter.com/helloluis/status/843268899508535296

legendary
March 18, 2017, 09:30:04 PM
legendary
March 18, 2017, 09:29:14 PM
Looks like we might be in for a bounce.

Long entry

legendary
March 18, 2017, 09:27:52 PM
Bitfinex just released a prediction market for "chain split tokens", BCC and BCU.

https://www.bitfinex.com/posts/195

Today, Bitfinex proudly introduces trading on Chain Split Tokens (CST). The first such product of its kind, CSTs will allow Bitfinex customers to speculate on future fork events of the Bitcoin blockchain, specifically, the potential fork between Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin Unlimited. We are designating these CSTs as BCC (Bitcoin Core) and BCU (Bitcoin Unlimited).

legendary
March 18, 2017, 07:51:05 PM
Gillete,

i was going over your history

and i am starting to think you have a personality problem and use the keyboard to hide.

And you are a party pooper.

Going to put you on ignore
legendary
March 18, 2017, 07:49:33 PM
The Vinny Lingham Indicator

I think here, with this article he is one of

a) preparing his audience for a burst of the bubble
b)covering his ass
c) just sharing another article

a nd b more likely meaning he just found out/ or has known for a while, but he is most certainly expecting a drop in price soon of more than 10%

$700 coming soon....

Preventing Another Bitcoin Bubble

https://vinnylingham.com/preventing-another-bitcoin-bubble-98dee44e2c7c#.ve9lkcmbl

I am SO fed up with your catastrophology issues Afrikoin.
Always something negative to share.
If you have been regurarly following him on Twitter, by now, you would know that he was always saying that IF BTC price rise up TOO quickly at above 1200-1300$ BEFORE the ETF, we will see then a drop of 10-15% to the price the MAXIMUM and after that the price will MOVE UP to 2000$ by end of 2017.

You are right: Lingham is bullish in his article. Here is what he says:

Expectations are very high that Bitcoin will break $2,000 this year and my expectations are that we will hit $3,000 — but preferably much later in the year.

Africoin is a looser: some weeks ago he was hoping he would grab some coins at $465. He failed. Now he`s hoping to buy some coins at $700 and he`s fudding btc.

BTC will never go below $920. Mark my words!
legendary
March 18, 2017, 07:47:27 PM
let's open a quick debate...

Looking at the chart objectivily, don't you see a huge buying interest?

LedgerX, Cme Future, crowd has been focusing in what they're all speaking about, smart money doing the opposite...

If you are asking to the OP, of course he does not! He only sees bearish news and trends.  Grin

Go to adams` thread if you want to talk with permabulls  Wink

Also, shannen87 sorry for you that you listened to africoin and sold your 20 BTC at $1000  Sad
legendary
March 18, 2017, 07:41:06 PM
Interesting world we live in where

Hater's gonna hate
legendary
March 18, 2017, 07:39:10 PM
I am getting a lot of inbox mails asking about trading advice. A LOT!

Grin

Ok, here's the deal

I post *some* stuff here

If you feel you want more

Send me an inbox

send me an email at [email protected]

And also send a tip 0.02 BTC to 1P1jyUGjQpnZ5daExhvccWPcdZ2AVCviTW

Talk to me via email.

Happy to share my foerecasts, buy sell signals on the medium long term.

Else,

please DO NOT inbox me

Hey stop bragging here man. We all remember your failed forecast in the beginning of February: when the price was ~950 you predicted the fall to 465. Instead bitcoin began slow climb to 1350.

Nobody is 100% right in his prediction especially in btc. 

Hmmmm

Not bragging

Show me where i said this

b/c i have my price analysis records from Feb here and here

Feb 23 https://www.deepdotweb.com/2017/02/23/bitcoin-price-analysis-february-23-2017/

Feb 14 https://www.deepdotweb.com/2017/02/14/bitcoin-price-analysis-febraury-14-2017/

* where i made an exception for a random unexpected ETF pump

""In the coming weeks, I expect at least a retest of $800, even as low as $640. It is a bad time to be in the market for medium term traders. Best to be out of a position now and wait for $600s to reevaluate. But then, there is the other matter of the ETF, an unexpected event.
Seeking Alpha said,“We assign a probability of 35% for approval against 65% probability for rejection, making our final weighted average expected price $1645.45 or a +67.8% expected return above the current price.”My summary is $465 if ETF is rejected by SEC, $1800 if it is approved.""

I have not yet ruled out $465, especially with the HF drama resurfacing b/c of trolls.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
March 18, 2017, 05:45:56 PM
I am getting a lot of inbox mails asking about trading advice. A LOT!

Grin

Ok, here's the deal

I post *some* stuff here

If you feel you want more

Send me an inbox

send me an email at [email protected]

And also send a tip 0.02 BTC to 1P1jyUGjQpnZ5daExhvccWPcdZ2AVCviTW

Talk to me via email.

Happy to share my foerecasts, buy sell signals on the medium long term.

Else,

please DO NOT inbox me

you should use https://21.co/pieceofchalk/app/disposable-email/
Pages:
Jump to: