Pages:
Author

Topic: Nights Watch by Afrikoin - page 97. (Read 303310 times)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
March 15, 2017, 04:23:18 AM
Sorry gentlemen,

When is this HF decision going to be made ? are we expecting a flash crash or a slow progression short ?
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
alan watts is all you need
March 15, 2017, 04:16:05 AM
If bitcoin has a contentious HF it will be orders of magnitude more bloody than the ETH/ETC debacle.  I think it will set us back by years in terms of adoption and price.

it will be less bloody if both camps agree to Segwit + 2MB HF

Just saying there is also the option of a compromise
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
March 14, 2017, 06:01:19 PM
If bitcoin has a contentious HF it will be orders of magnitude more bloody than the ETH/ETC debacle.  I think it will set us back by years in terms of adoption and price.
legendary
Activity: 947
Merit: 1008
central banking = outdated protocol
March 14, 2017, 05:36:32 PM
To all those who are sure an intermediate drop or even a reversal is not possible: please explain how scaling will be resolved smoothly? Seems to me the best-case scenarios for this chronic problem are thin on the ground.

The TA in this thread seems to go quite nicely with the rate at which the percentage of Bitcoin Unlimited blocks are increasing.

When will the scaling happen? Do we have a firm time frame?

No, not really.

The problem is multi-faceted.

1. Scaling must happen soon to allow more transactions than the current 3 or 4 per second. The "mempool" (backlog of transactions to process on the blockchain) is frequently ballooning in size, causing increasing delays (anything up to a couple of days has been reported) and increasing transaction fees, at rates no-one thinks is safe.

2. Until recently it was more or less taken for granted among many that the Bitcoin Core team proposal to solve scaling, known as "Segwit", would be adopted willingly by miners and therefore activate. A threshold of 95% of mining power has to adopt Segwit for it to activate. This threshold now appears to have been hopelessly ambitious; Segwit adoption among miners has plateaued at around 25% for several months now.

3. There is another proposal on the table - "Bitcoin Unlimited". Taking a very different approach - some say the original intention of Satoshi - to the problem (not going to try to brief on the technicalities here), Bitcoin Unlimited appears to fast be gaining traction. As of recently Unlimited adoption has overtaken Segwit at speed. Check here: https://coin.dance/blocks

4. If Bitcoin Unlimited really gains enough traction for miners to be confident enough to begin using the scaling features it provides, there is a distinct possibility that this may split the Bitcoin chain, something that has been unthinkable until now. At any rate, there are a lot of claims that the software and the effects of its scaling features on the network have not been tested enough.

Thank you!

Please feel free to come back and share your opinion on the hard fork

I am glad to see someone else with a level head on the matter. You know, a lot of bitcoiners are permabulls and do not like the reality of any bearish news or bearish TA. Always in denial

Have you been following this thread for a while?

I ask because my TA has always made room for a possible surprise leg down and the hard fork (or possible HF) was my main reason for absurdly suppressed prices. You know, like $300 on the poll above

I've been generally lurking for years, including checking your thread for a while. Thanks for putting all the effort into keeping it updated.

Regarding the critical issue of scaling, which is coming to a head now whether anyone likes it or not, it makes me feel for the first time ever that the market really is entering a "greater fools" phase, where the only real hope of price increases is based on FOMO buyers who don't understand the implications of what is going on.

Some have been pointing to the Ethereum split last year for comparison. I think that will look like a piece of cake relative to a split in Bitcoin, if it happens.

It's not smart money that is buying bitcoin and the alts rights now IMO. How high it goes before coming down depends on the number of rich fools and how long it takes for the smart money that has been holding and/or bought months ago start to dump hard first. 
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
March 14, 2017, 03:49:35 PM
Let the HF wars begin:

critical bug in BU exploited, nodes drop by 60%
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/5zdkv3/bitcoin_unlimited_remote_exploit_crash/
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
March 14, 2017, 03:39:08 PM
if going parabolic then how can you expect a dip to 900$ afrikoin?

Actually @boyshx, parabolic means going UP then falling DOWN.

Yes but you don't know if the UP move will end up at 1300$ or at 13000$

I hope you are right by the way and the dip is coming. And I hope this time it lasts more than 5 minutes so I'll have the chance to buy
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Nothing worth having comes easy
March 14, 2017, 03:36:29 PM
To all those who are sure an intermediate drop or even a reversal is not possible: please explain how scaling will be resolved smoothly? Seems to me the best-case scenarios for this chronic problem are thin on the ground.

The TA in this thread seems to go quite nicely with the rate at which the percentage of Bitcoin Unlimited blocks are increasing.

When will the scaling happen? Do we have a firm time frame?

No, not really.

The problem is multi-faceted.

1. Scaling must happen soon to allow more transactions than the current 3 or 4 per second. The "mempool" (backlog of transactions to process on the blockchain) is frequently ballooning in size, causing increasing delays (anything up to a couple of days has been reported) and increasing transaction fees, at rates no-one thinks is safe.

2. Until recently it was more or less taken for granted among many that the Bitcoin Core team proposal to solve scaling, known as "Segwit", would be adopted willingly by miners and therefore activate. A threshold of 95% of mining power has to adopt Segwit for it to activate. This threshold now appears to have been hopelessly ambitious; Segwit adoption among miners has plateaued at around 25% for several months now.

3. There is another proposal on the table - "Bitcoin Unlimited". Taking a very different approach - some say the original intention of Satoshi - to the problem (not going to try to brief on the technicalities here), Bitcoin Unlimited appears to fast be gaining traction. As of recently Unlimited adoption has overtaken Segwit at speed. Check here: https://coin.dance/blocks

4. If Bitcoin Unlimited really gains enough traction for miners to be confident enough to begin using the scaling features it provides, there is a distinct possibility that this may split the Bitcoin chain, something that has been unthinkable until now. At any rate, there are a lot of claims that the software and the effects of its scaling features on the network have not been tested enough.

Thank you!

Please feel free to come back and share your opinion on the hard fork

I am glad to see someone else with a level head on the matter. You know, a lot of bitcoiners are permabulls and do not like the reality of any bearish news or bearish TA. Always in denial

Have you been following this thread for a while?

I ask because my TA has always made room for a possible surprise leg down and the hard fork (or possible HF) was my main reason for absurdly suppressed prices. You know, like $300 on the poll above

I've been generally lurking for years, including checking your thread for a while. Thanks for putting all the effort into keeping it updated.

Regarding the critical issue of scaling, which is coming to a head now whether anyone likes it or not, it makes me feel for the first time ever that the market really is entering a "greater fools" phase, where the only real hope of price increases is based on FOMO buyers who don't understand the implications of what is going on.

Some have been pointing to the Ethereum split last year for comparison. I think that will look like a piece of cake relative to a split in Bitcoin, if it happens.

legendary
Activity: 947
Merit: 1008
central banking = outdated protocol
March 14, 2017, 03:17:37 PM
Down we go. I'm all cash for the portion I'm willing to risk on exchanges.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
March 14, 2017, 02:54:35 PM

Actually @boyshx, parabolic means going UP then falling DOWN.
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
March 14, 2017, 02:36:10 PM
legendary
March 14, 2017, 01:29:21 PM
bitcoin is going parabolic

legendary
March 14, 2017, 08:33:40 AM

How about you share a chart with an alternative count and analysis?

Otherwise,  there's not much in your comment

my summed up analysis is already in your topic.

I have gone over a bit of your history, and posts on this thread.

You are a troll.

i am going to ignore you.

And delete your posts.

Is there any way to ban you from this thread?
legendary
March 14, 2017, 08:29:45 AM
Here is the GABI report to their investors advising a sell and 25% chance of COIN ETF approval before the ETF decision.

These guys IMO are some of the 'whales' and 'insiders'. ex Oil Ex commodity pro traders with 20 yrs experience treading on bitcoin noob traders.

GABI goes on to write that it projects a 25% chance of approval

http://www.globaladvisors.co.uk/media/Factsheets/gabi201702.pdf

Activity: 560
Merit: 501
March 14, 2017, 08:22:29 AM
Guys,

never listen to an investmend advice on internet, dyor.

I am really disapointed by what has becomed this thread.

I see partial count of EW, which absolutly make the latter irrelevant, you don't just start counting where ever you want.

I hope not everyone in here will lose money because of following blindly someone on internet, hope for you guys BTC will dump as so kindly advertised (ps: nothing is 100% sure in the market, please stop this fallacy), my money is on the other line of the table.

my summed up analysis is already in your topic.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013
Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC
March 14, 2017, 08:17:36 AM
Guys,

I see partial count of EW, which absolutly make the latter irrelevant, you don't just start counting where ever you want.

I hope not everyone in here will lose money because of following blindly someone on internet, hope for you guys BTC will dump as so kindly advertised (ps: nothing is 100% sure in the market, please stop this fallacy), my money is on the other line of the table.

I doubt people in here are so naive. I think it's great we have people who are willing to share their work like this. I've never seen someone who always delivers perfect TA (not even the one who shall not be mentioned), nor will I ever do so. But some, like me, like to gather as many data points as possible in order to have a comprehensive horizon for their decisions. I know not everyone likes to work like this. But for those who do, this thread is one (1) good source.
legendary
March 14, 2017, 08:13:23 AM
Guys,

legendary
March 14, 2017, 07:23:07 AM
Afrikoin, you think that a hard fork will happen anytime soon?
Will we get a warning before just like ETF so we prepare to get our funds out?
If I were you, would you cash out at $1290-1300?

sell now.
you should have sold last week

IMho

I hope you don't joke, because I am a vivid follower of yours and I am following you with blind eyes.

Never sell all. Like Vinny says have a core position you never touch.

if you can, sell all!

Buy back at $900 and save yourself some money + accumulate more coins.

This is what i would advise my clients

If you want to trade, trade on the simulator

Thanks for the advice, but according to your diagram the arrow > points to $600,
also when a HF happens, the price could be much lower of $900

I am saying $900 because its better than &1200

why hold at $1200 when we are sure it will go to $900?

Thus my $900 recommend

$600 has a less than 50% probability right now

$900 is 100% going to happen

So $900 is a safe bet.

Below that, is trading territory because the probabilities are less than 100%

Will reassess targets after a while.

HF could take us to $300, but to avoid trolls, this is an *if* *else*
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
March 14, 2017, 07:15:48 AM

sell now.

IMho

I hope you don't joke, because I am a vivid follower of yours and I am following you with blind eyes.

if you can, sell all!

Thanks for the advice, but according to your diagram the arrow > points to $600,
also when a HF happens, the price could be much lower of $900
legendary
March 14, 2017, 07:04:01 AM

sell now.

IMho

if you can, sell all!

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
March 14, 2017, 07:02:21 AM
The simplest explanation for the delays is that the matching algo at kraken is crap - probably O(n^2). We have seen it at MtGox, on big load it was just stuck (one time it was stuck I think for more than an hour).

If it was only matching, that could easily be emplyed by sorting the books and then only matching crossing orders. Nothing in O(n²) there. It begs the question what they're actually doing here.

Maybe they have some extensive logic regarding stop-loss orders and/or forced liquidation of position (do they offer leveraged trading at all)?

Even such stuff can be done efficiently enough, though, as bitfinex show (who also have quite the logic for forced liquidation casacde situations and such).
Pages:
Jump to: