Pages:
Author

Topic: Nintendo's rejection of gay relationships gives fans a lot to be angry about - page 2. (Read 5454 times)

legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever
I'm being serious - how would a genderless society even be possible, and why do you think that they think they can achieve it, or even want it? Why would they want it?

In the homosexual/feminist community gender is commonly thought of as a social construct not a biological state. If they can CONDITION people into a genderless society, the rest of the world is forced to change their social normality to accommodate an actively destructive minority, not by choice but by coercion. Basically they are trying to make things less confusing for themselves by confusing everyone else so everyone is equal. Way to be lazy and not bother checking into feminist ideology.

It is similar to two siblings, each with a toy, and one child breaks theirs and demands the other toy be broken so things are "fair". LIFE FUCKING SUCKS some times. Very few people get even a very small percentage of what they want in their lifetime. They can't seem to understand WE ARE ALL OPPRESSED, but some how the personal form of oppression they suffer is worse than every one else's and justifies the destruction of entire social structures to accommodate this victimhood, and in the process, create more victims.

True, but gays have it much worse than straights in this regard. Things have gotten much better in the US / W. Europe, but in eastern Europe, africa, asia, anti-gay violence is as bad as ever and often state-sanctioned. As for women, they are still the victims of 99% of all rape cases, so there's a way to go yet...
 So why are they sill so active in the US and EU? Why aren't they active in Africa, Eastern Europe, and Asia? I guarantee you the atrocities there will put this debate in perspective. I will tell you why, BECAUSE THE MONEY IS HERE. These events are almost always about collecting revenue for organizations, which is NOT equivalent to supporting actual homosexuals (unless of course they get a paycheck from the nonprofit).  

As far as women being the majority of rape victims, you are incorrect. The majority of rape victims in the US are male. Getting raped in the ass in prison doesn't magically make it not rape because Billy had a few grams more of weed than he should have when he got caught.  

There's more to equality than "being mostly safe from violence" - inclusion in public life, including films and video games, is important.
Seriously? This is their concern while in other countries gays are beat to death quite commonly? This is the best evidence yet they don't give a crap about gays. Homosexuals DO NOT HAVE A RIGHT to make other people represent them. If they are unhappy with the state they should produce their own media and build their own networks. Instead they demand everyone change their business model for something that will be destructive and not profitable. No one has a right to be represented in the media. This insecurity is an internal emotional issue, not the responsibility of everyone else.  

Have you ever noticed there are no Mexicans in space? Look back at any sci-fi you have ever watched and try to find a Hispanic character in the show. Do you see Mexicans crying about being underrepresented in the media? No? Maybe because they have real problems to take care of like taking responsibility for ones own life instead of expecting everyone else to do it for them.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Well they got nintendo to change there minds and got the gay parade in new york going im sure they can run to be president  IMAO. 

In the US? Not in the near future. That might be possible in the Europe, but I don't think that a homosexual candidate can win the POTUS election in the US right now. The only region supporting such a candidate will be New England.
Basically correct, because odd as it may sound, some of the most reactionary forces are in the Democratic party. 

Oh, now don't bring in FACTS!

You might cause some heads to explode!
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
Well they got nintendo to change there minds and got the gay parade in new york going im sure they can run to be president  IMAO. 

In the US? Not in the near future. That might be possible in the Europe, but I don't think that a homosexual candidate can win the POTUS election in the US right now. The only region supporting such a candidate will be New England.
Basically correct, because odd as it may sound, some of the most reactionary forces are in the Democratic party. 
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217

Activity: 364
Well I mean I dont like the part where homos have to try and control everything, they get a bitchfit on everything they dont agree on, there are alot of things in this world I dont agree, they should focous more in politics maybe they can make a change in the white house

With 1% of the population, the homosexuals can be ignored as a political force in the US. With some notable exceptions (such as Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York), they are not capable of tilting the election results.

Wait its gonna happen and then your going to see them all crying and saying now we  know we have a chance to fullfil any dream.

After then then we will see a man being a woman but keeps his beard and he will be eletected.   Im gonna be maybe 60 years old, by that time. 
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon
Get these minority groups that come out and cry oppression and then everyone has to bend over backwards to make them happy

Yes, like the people who complain that Subway sell Halal food and demand that their own food preferences be enforced on everyone else.
They really should get over themselves.

Yep... Roll Eyes
It's more likely something like 25-35% of the 1% who are homosexual PLUS 5% radical left wing drooling hipsters who just think they are better, smarter and more progressive than other people.

So it is some 5% of the population who want to suppress the rights of the remaining 95%.

How exactly are your rights being suppressed?
Get these minority groups that come out and cry oppression and then everyone has to bend over backwards to make them happy

Yes, like the people who complain that Subway sell Halal food and demand that their own food preferences be enforced on everyone else.
They really should get over themselves.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
The only organised "gay lobby" that actually exists is not concerned with convincing you that you secretly love a thick salami in the back passage...
This is false. The very thread you post in is evidence that it is false.

Also could you please not be disgusting?

The thread I'm posting in is about protest against a game that invites everyone to choose an idealised life to roleplay except those with uncommon sexual preferences, who they exclude. This is nothing to do with secretly turning people gay (which is probably impossible anyway) and everything to do with equality.

Seriously - none of the "gay lobby" could care less about what your sexual preference is - they just wish you'd return the favour, and not mock them, or bully them, or stone them to death, or lie about links to paedophilia, or deny them jobs, or make the effort in your video game to add code that specifically checks for their preferred type of relationship and blocks it.

50 years ago, interracial relationships would have been banned in the game as well.
damn, so you want the privilege to be disgusting, lecturing, and self righteous all in one, while spreading false pink.

Got it.
legendary
That's wrong in so many levels! F*ck dykes and fags...

Exactly that kind of reaction the pink mafia is creating.

Hmm... I thought that the comment by worhiper was tamer, when compared to some of the abuses showered towards me by the pink mafia here. Anyway... good to see people rising up.  Grin
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
My, my, this thread is certainly bringing out the best in everyone, isn't it?

"People Are People"

People are people
So why should it be
You and I should get along so awfully

So we're different colours
And we're different creeds
And different people have different needs
It's obvious you hate me
Though I've done nothing wrong
I've never even met you so what could I have done

I can't understand
What makes a man
Hate another man
Help me understand

Help me understand

Now you're punching
And you're kicking
And you're shouting at me
I'm relying on your common decency
So far it hasn't surfaced
But I'm sure it exists
It just takes a while to travel
From your head to your fists

Depeche Mode...  Smiley
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
That's wrong in so many levels! F*ck dykes and fags...

Exactly that kind of reaction the pink mafia is creating.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
Wasnt last month that OkCupid done the same thing for the firefox users, switching the homepage?

Here is the quote and news to it

Last week, the online dating site OkCupid switched up its homepage for Mozilla Firefox users. Upon opening the site, a message appeared encouraging members to curb their use of Firefox because the company's new CEO, Brendan Eich, allegedly opposes equality for gay couples—specifically, he donated $1000 to the campaign for the anti-gay Proposition 8 in 2008. "We've devoted the last ten years to bringing people—all people—together," the message read. "If individuals like Mr. Eich had their way, then roughly 8% of the relationships we've worked so hard to bring about would be illegal." The company's action went viral, and within a few days, Eich had resigned as CEO of Mozilla only weeks after taking up the post. On Thursday, OkCupid released a statement saying "We are pleased that OkCupid's boycott has brought tremendous awareness to the critical matter of equal rights for all individuals and partnerships."

http://www.buzzfeed.com/skarlan/okcupid-urges-firefox-users-to-switch-browsers-over-new-ceos

So tired of that oppression garbage
It's like Internet blackmail

Otherwise you risk getting thrown under the bus like they did with Mozilla.

The CEO made a personal donation, so now you call for users to ban software the company he works for creates?!!!
I can't take it anymore Tongue

Using the tool, JavaScript, he invented and created to attack him too...
legendary
And what percentage of the population believes that gays should have equal rights?

Across the world, it must be around the 15-20% mark. An example here:

http://rt.com/politics/most-russians-oppose-gay-marriage-and-gay-pride-events-poll-140/

Around 85 percent of adult Russians said they were strongly against a law that would allow same-sex marriage, the Levada Public Opinion Center reported; 87 percent said they opposed the idea of holding regular gay pride events in their cities. Researchers claimed that the percent of supporters of same-sex marriage in Russia fell from 14 to just 5 percent over the past three years. The number of those who do not oppose gay pride events is a consistently low 6 percent.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/07/prweb4286314.htm

Of the nearly 8000 respondents, 31% said they support legalizing gay marriage in India, with 69% opposed.

legendary
Well I mean I dont like the part where homos have to try and control everything, they get a bitchfit on everything they dont agree on, there are alot of things in this world I dont agree, they should focous more in politics maybe they can make a change in the white house

With 1% of the population, the homosexuals can be ignored as a political force in the US. With some notable exceptions (such as Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York), they are not capable of tilting the election results.
Activity: 364

legendary
I am not sure I can think of a safer place in the world for homosexuals and feminists than the US and Europe. Do people perpetrate violence against homosexuals and women? Sure they do, but violence and oppression isn't reserved exclusively for homosexuals and women.

What about the violence and oppression being committed by the homosexuals? Take the list of registered sexual offenders in any state or county in the US. You will find that more than one-third of the offenders had committed homosexual attacks (especially the case in attacks committed against minors), despite being only around 1% of the population. 
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

Kind of amusing actually, because this kind of thing always makes you know who the people worth hanging out with are, because these kind of attitudes usually reflect on their general lifestyle and how fun they are too Tongue
legendary
Activity: 3318
Merit: 2008
First Exclusion Ever

[citation needed]

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=feminism

I am not sure I can think of a safer place in the world for homosexuals and feminists than the US and Europe. Do people perpetrate violence against homosexuals and women? Sure they do, but violence and oppression isn't reserved exclusively for homosexuals and women. Additionally if you polled people on the streets 9/10 people would demonstrate no issues with gays being gay. I guess my point is there is no major threat to homosexuals as a group on a national level, meaning the optimal level of acceptance may have been reached, and they are only creating MORE DISDAIN for homosexuals as a whole because of the actions of a small group looking for a quick boost in donations. If they really cared about the welfare of homosexuals why aren't they focusing on a local level in areas where assault and discrimination is common rather than flame baiting international companies for attention? Truly good deeds rarely make the news.

EDIT: Just because some one opposes the gay lobby doesn't mean they are afraid of "secretly being turned gay" or even antigay, but I know that fits in nicely with your perception of constant bigotry and homophobia resulting from the wallowing in the victim status class just like the feminists.
legendary
The common theme is destruction of anything masculine or male oriented so that women can be equal. Why work to grow yourself when you can just destroy the lives of others and be relatively elevated in the process?

This is exactly what is happening in Sweden. And this will soon be the case in some of the left-leaning European states such as England and the Netherlands. Sweden was once known for its Viking culture.... now these are the news articles coming out from there:

http://www.thelocal.se/20091201/23592

http://www.visitsweden.com/sweden/Featured/Sweden-Beyond/Society/

I don't have any problem with fathers taking care of their children. But look at the facial expression. That tells everything.
Pages:
Jump to: