Author

Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS - page 164. (Read 1053098 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
ASIC’s view is that digital currencies do not fit within the legal definitions of ‘financial product’ in the Corps Act or the ASIC Act. As a result, a person is not providing financial services when they operate a digital currency trading platform, provide advice on digital currencies or arrange for others to buy and sell digital currencies.

That's the better news. AFL could cost upwards of $45,000 (mentioned in paper at one point) and while I do want one I had hoped it was not necessary for 2-3 years. That's not on the agenda for at least a couple years now which is very positive for what I wanted to do. Smiley

The paper from ASIC is going to be a very important start for things we're doing. There will be work however about issuers (especially issuance - hence the token/perk/definition/crowd funding care), certain services, rights & responsibilities, grey areas - hence the crowd fund to better establish ourselves and legal/regulatory advice/licensing.

There appears to be at least some limited availability of facilities allowing persons to pay for goods and services using digital currencies in Australia. None of the operators of these facilities currently have an AFS licence. Relief given by ASIC in relation to low value non-cash payment facilities (Class Order [CO 05/736]) may be available to persons who provide these facilities. The relief given by ASIC provides that persons do not need to hold an AFS licence to issue a low value non-cash payment facility2 or comply with certain other obligations in relation to the facility.

I could go on. Obviously a lot of discussions, reading and tweaking of our paper/services/approach will become of it, but overall it's quite positive.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Australia <3

The Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) released a report today outlining action taken when businesses deal with digital currency such as Bitcoin in response to a senate inquiry. In their report, ASIC does not require Bitcoin exchanges to maintain any license because the commission does not believe digital currencies fall under the same definition as national currencies.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/%EF%BB%BFaustralian-securities-investment-commission-not-requiring-license-bitcoin-exchanges/

again, I think Rofo lives in the right country Smiley
legendary
Maybe Rofo should hire a secretary next year Wink

That was actually on the table until about 3 weeks ago. Smiley Unfortunately it fell through..

Next year would be nice!

NOXT should turn in revenue then though, not just the ICO money to fund one.

Yes exactly hence the focus on business and real-world, to build a business structure that can in turn support our coins. Else we're just in a startup cycle of asking for money (fail).
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

That was actually on the table until about 3 weeks ago. Smiley Unfortunately it fell through..

Next year would be nice!

It would certainly be professional and take a lot of work of your hands! NOXT should turn in revenue then though, not just the ICO money to fund one.
legendary

Next year would be nice!
legendary
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Indeed, Rofo is quite busy but was kind enough to answer to my PMs Smiley

I just burned 3M Noblecoins. Rofo, pls tell us when we should send you our NXT wallet ID.

Awesome!

Feel free to burn as much as you wish, and invest btc or nxt in the poloniex or secureae exchanges.

about 4000 noble are one NOXT atm?

I am not sure - feel free to consult the distribution page.

I just burned 3M Noblecoins. Rofo, pls tell us when we should send you our NXT wallet ID.

Awesome!

Feel free to burn as much as you wish, and invest btc or nxt in the poloniex or secureae exchanges.

about 4000 noble are one NOXT atm?
Activity: 420

Awesome!

Rofo, pls answer to the PM I sent you 2 days ago: how can I burn Noble for Noxt ?

Chill dude he's getting bombarded, I got a reply 2 days back from a PM sent a week previous. The man has real work to do.

It is very much true that rofo is swamped with work. Let us be considerate to his workload and have patience Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
Rofo, pls answer to the PM I sent you 2 days ago: how can I burn Noble for Noxt ?

Chill dude he's getting bombarded, I got a reply 2 days back from a PM sent a week previous. The man has real work to do.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

He answered your questions on the NOXT thread here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=841741.180;topicseen
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

NobleCoin v1.1.0.3

Non-mandatory wallet update has been running stable for us for a while. When we have PoS news I will let you know.

Windows version downloaded: https://github.com/jlcurby/NobleCoin/releases.

- Hardcoded super seed nodes (no more sync/.conf file issues)
- Fix .pro qt files and builds
- Fixed the windows thread problem (this is what caused the previous windows builds issues)
- Cleanup dead files
- Removed loops and updated codebase to qt5 compatible (longevity and greatly increased compatibility)
- Patched thread issue with Windows
- Made new windows 32 bit client all-in-one (static) one file/one click update (this has all up to date libs including SSL J,. etc)
- Fixed the ugly splash image!
- Special thank you to Palmdetroit

Thanks as always rofo!

NobleCoin v1.1.0.3

Non-mandatory wallet update has been running stable for us for a while. When we have PoS news I will let you know.

- Fixed the windows thread problem (this is what caused the previous windows builds issues)
- Cleanup dead files
- Removed loops and updated codebase to qt5 compatible (longevity and greatly increased compatibility)
- Made new windows 32 bit client all-in-one (static) one file/one click update (this has all up to date libs including SSL J,. etc)

Awesome! Thank you for the work.
legendary

NobleCoin v1.1.0.3

- Cleanup dead files
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
could not find us on https://www.coingecko.com/en

would be nice to see how we get ranked. So why not email them to take us into their service?

Your Favorite Altcoin Not Listed Here?
Each week we will be adding a few new coins to this ranking. If you want to see your coin on this ranking earlier, drop us some comments and feedback at [email protected]

Wow thats weird that service is been up for ages! Bad we arent in there! What do we do?

Drop them some comments and feedback at [email protected]? Wink

Done Wink hope you guys do the same, the community and dev deserves it
legendary

would be nice to see how we get ranked. So why not email them to take us into their service?

Each week we will be adding a few new coins to this ranking. If you want to see your coin on this ranking earlier, drop us some comments and feedback at [email protected]

Wow thats weird that service is been up for ages! Bad we arent in there! What do we do?

Drop them some comments and feedback at [email protected]? Wink
Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Jump to: