Author

Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS - page 309. (Read 1053098 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
I don't think I have read more accurate and better articulated analogies than these. Unfortunately, crypto being as young as it is seems to have a lot of the younger crowd partaking who don't care about long term and don't truly know the impact of actions and how this game should progress. That is why we such such popularity with things such as Coinye.....is that really a viable source with a real monetary value....of course not. Most kids these days have some cards laying around from gaming and are like, hey I can mine and get paid money, which is all they are trying to do is some short term ROI. However, I feel real coins, like ourselves, attract a more adult and professional side of things. We may not have the hash power to be considered top of the line, but on the flip side we have the knowledge and understanding of how to truly carry this forward and become a true powerhouse in the future. We are going no where, we are holding knowing the future, and we are not just going to be gone one day like most new alts are.

QFT

Finally, I found a coin that a newbie miner can get into...without feeling like you have to be ready to point your miners at whatever is behind door#1 each day...

and it only took me reading through about half of all 300+ pages to realize that my future investments lie with NobleCoin...

Welcome! Smiley glad it only took 150 pages! Cheesy

What exactly was the information that convinced you? Maybe that should be pulled out of the middle of the posts and placed on the Fist Page (OP).

I would assume that the 1st post tells one all you need to know and the next 150 pages confirmed that the 1st post isn't a scam.

It is always nice when one takes the time to research a coin.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
I don't think I have read more accurate and better articulated analogies than these. Unfortunately, crypto being as young as it is seems to have a lot of the younger crowd partaking who don't care about long term and don't truly know the impact of actions and how this game should progress. That is why we such such popularity with things such as Coinye.....is that really a viable source with a real monetary value....of course not. Most kids these days have some cards laying around from gaming and are like, hey I can mine and get paid money, which is all they are trying to do is some short term ROI. However, I feel real coins, like ourselves, attract a more adult and professional side of things. We may not have the hash power to be considered top of the line, but on the flip side we have the knowledge and understanding of how to truly carry this forward and become a true powerhouse in the future. We are going no where, we are holding knowing the future, and we are not just going to be gone one day like most new alts are.

QFT

Finally, I found a coin that a newbie miner can get into...without feeling like you have to be ready to point your miners at whatever is behind door#1 each day...

and it only took me reading through about half of all 300+ pages to realize that my future investments lie with NobleCoin...

Welcome! Smiley glad it only took 150 pages! Cheesy

What exactly was the information that convinced you? Maybe that should be pulled out of the middle of the posts and placed on the Fist Page (OP).
Activity: 735
Merit: 501
@Rofo:

I do have a question regarding the marketplace and the effects it may have on NobleCoin.
Is it known where NobleCoin goes after being sent to the market?  Say I was in the market to buy
some goods from Newegg, is it detrimental to Noblecoin for me to go and buy 1BTC in NobleCoin and
go buy $500 in Gift Cards on the market place due to the discounts there?

Excellent question, that is why a few of use have no issue with converting to BTC to cover just that. LOL

But it will cause Market cap to increase so it is a good thing. Go do it. I have a good stash myself.

75% of the items on the marketplace are sold by us, a number which should change dramatically soon as more people come on board. If we get 200,000 NOBL for a gift card at 30 satoshi level, we put 100,000 down on 35 and 100,000 down on 40 for sale to recover the fiat price. Also, because we don't need to recover sales straight away as we have money from 'real life' spare, we generally hold onto the NOBL for as long as possible and reduce downward pressure on price.

We expected and hoped for people to be spending 1BTC for example to buy NOBL and buy a gift card on the marketplace for a great discount. We had (and still relatively have) enough to cover most sales, and the trade/deals increase volume and attention to the uses of NOBL.

Thanks for the response.   Smiley
legendary
What´s happening now the price going down... It lose support?

No.

You need to look at the market and see what is happening. Mostly i am on Poloniex. Imagine that there is £1m of liquidity from all investors. Everytime there some shitscamcoins designed as P&D to fleeced noobies of their money added to the exchange, new money doesn't always come in. People then use their BTC to buy shitscamcoins and when it gain traction and the price soaring, people then sell their holdings in other coins and join the pump.....it's a cycle. If you watch the market other coins tend to go down a bit when money is diverted to the latest fad.

When the pump is over and the dump starts....money gets diverted back to their original coins before the pump.

It's nothing to worry about.
legendary
All stories are shared on all social media sites. It's fragmented because community members have a preference and will prefer one over the other. To be honest Twitter is the best, we retweet daily everything NobleCoin related, as well as actively engage with all the major alternative cryptocurrency players (from every spectrum in this scene).
[...]
What we really need is active user engagement, continued spread of the NobleCoin articles and information through all social media channels. We're at dozens of Reddit shares across all major cryptocurrency subreddits, 500 tweets and dozen of news articles on the website. The more people that chime in the better the word spreads.

OK, I agree with everything you wrote, so we really need an active user engagement — but our community is still relatively small, and not all of us know how to use and take advantage of such new social media.

For example — me. I'm in computers (as a programmer) since ZX81 and Atari 800 times. But today, for me Twitter is hard to learn, and Reddit is difficult to find entertaining.
Maybe those more experienced users (should teach those less clever (like me) — how to use all that media?
Or maybe together we should think how to use them to the max?

What should everyone of us do (often) to spread the word? And how?
Retweeting? Writing new threads? Commenting existing threads? Inviting people on FB? Writing e-mails to merchants/charities?

Twitter are for twits, Reddit is shit, just my humble opinion.

I like a forum like this where messages can be simply read in date order.
legendary

It's ok. Trying now to get my head around merge mining.
From here.
Merged mining allows a miner to mine for more than one block chain at the same time. The benefit is that every hash the miner does contributes to the total hash rate of both (all) currencies, and as a result they are all more secure.
Three key points to remember:

The Bitcoin chain doesn't get junked up with Namecoin stuff due to merged mining. At most, one tiny hash is inserted in the transaction tree.
The two hash chains remain fully independent. The "Bitcoin stuff" that goes in the Namecoin tree is basically ignored and only used to validate the proof of work. (It will bloat the Namecoin chain a bit as it means some blocks will have an extra header and an extra hash.)
Lastly, no special support is needed from Bitcoin.
The benefit for Namecoin is obvious. A lot of Bitcoin miners will probably do merged mining, since it costs them basically nothing and gives them a greater return than mining Bitcoins alone. As a result, their block generation timing will be more predictable and their transactions more secure against a 51% attack.
Does that help? If you follow the link it goes into more detail. Now, back to studying for my final Econ final before graduation! Wewt!

Not really because it doesn't answer this.....For that to be true then the block for each coin must be precisely the same. If one coin block is found, it will start on the next block and the other coin is 20 seconds behind, how does the GPU work then when it hasn't finish the current block and has to start on the other coin new block?
Maybe this?
Merged mining works like this, your generated hashes that could be the solution to the current block will be sent to two or more different blockchains to see if they are the solution. Since every blockchain which represents a coin would have a different solution, you are increasing your chances of solving a block by sending the hash to multiple blockchains. The data of both coins remain totally separate, you are merely running multiple clients on the same machine and submit the hashes to multiple networks. If your hash is the solution to a particular block, you will get the coin. It would be the same as if you are mining with a single cryptocurrency, except that instead of submitting your work to a single network, you are submitting your work to multiple networks to increase your chances of solving a block.
You're basically just submitting the same key to two different locks. If it opens one, you win. If not, you just keep switching out the keys till one does. They don't have to be simultaneous I don't think.

edit: I don't know for a fact that this is how it works. That's just what I gathered from this article, which could be total BS.

Since i won't be mining till Winter, i will find a merge mine pool and mine for an hour or so. I suppose that way i can see how it works.
legendary
Activity: 1100
Merit: 1032
Tip on its way.. Smiley
Thanks!

Also, I suspect some of the "unknown" pool in the stats is wafflepool (could be one of the 3 "hidden" coins they mine), need some confirmation though.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
CLOAKCOIN. NOBLECOIN. VERICOIN.
Update the block explorer!

You can now access historical charts from the extraction watch.

For instance here is Poolerino's, and as an extra bit of trivia, they mined 20.3% of all Noble blocks.

- and if you like the explorer, tips appreciated at 9gjo9WF4e9nW2HKw16D6YErdn1V4g5d4x7 Wink

Wow.. as always.. Smiley thanks very useful.

Tip on its way.. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1100
Merit: 1032
Update the block explorer!

You can now access historical charts from the extraction watch.

For instance here is Poolerino's, and as an extra bit of trivia, they mined 20.3% of all Noble blocks.

- and if you like the explorer, tips appreciated at 9gjo9WF4e9nW2HKw16D6YErdn1V4g5d4x7 Wink

Activity: 691
Merit: 500
All stories are shared on all social media sites. It's fragmented because community members have a preference and will prefer one over the other. To be honest Twitter is the best, we retweet daily everything NobleCoin related, as well as actively engage with all the major alternative cryptocurrency players (from every spectrum in this scene).
[...]
What we really need is active user engagement, continued spread of the NobleCoin articles and information through all social media channels. We're at dozens of Reddit shares across all major cryptocurrency subreddits, 500 tweets and dozen of news articles on the website. The more people that chime in the better the word spreads.

OK, I agree with everything you wrote, so we really need an active user engagement — but our community is still relatively small, and not all of us know how to use and take advantage of such new social media.

For example — me. I'm in computers (as a programmer) since ZX81 and Atari 800 times. But today, for me Twitter is hard to learn, and Reddit is difficult to find entertaining.
Maybe those more experienced users (should teach those less clever (like me) — how to use all that media?

Retweeting? Writing new threads? Commenting existing threads? Inviting people on FB? Writing e-mails to merchants/charities?

I don't really use twitter or reddit either. I know I should, I just can't be bothered to work out how to use them!

I think a Noble newsletter that you could sign up to with your email would be good.
legendary
Activity: 1232
IMHO perhaps a NobleCoin blast days/days arranged? with all members being involved and using the media they prefer on a limited number of topics?

That's a great idea. Usually our big news days are picked up pretty fast regardless, but we can make a point of it.

A quick thought, can the title of the ANN post be changed to include Bars? #|~NobleCoin~|~GOLD BULLION PURCHASE~|~MARKETPLACE~|#

Sorted to something similar and closer to how it used to be, better? Wink
Activity: 196
CLOAKCOIN. NOBLECOIN. VERICOIN.
Just a heads up on Twitter, I am building a following steadily, have set up a feed from RSS to post hourly on Digital Currency topics (as time moves on will add more, Alt coin/trading feeds. So far it is working (no figures), as pretty much all who have followed me, until I began the feed yesterday morning where follow backs. I tweet NobleCoin news and drop hints here and there but do not take it to far as I don't want to be pigeon holed and ignored.  Slowly slowly catchy monkey Wink

I like twitter over other social media, reddit is quite 'dull' cosmetically but very informative, Facebook users are in the most part only interested in quick giggles and selfies. :/ (imho)

IMHO perhaps a NobleCoin blast days/days arranged? with all members being involved and using the media they prefer on a limited number of topics?

Perhaps we can look at how other coins have used media to get noticed more.? < Something I will do as a matter of course.

A quick thought, can the title of the ANN post be changed to include Bars?

#|~NobleCoin~|~GOLD BULLION PURCHASE~|~MARKETPLACE~|#
legendary

I'd say a perfect yes to all those questions (without sounding like we preach or we spam). Personally I think the easiest way to understand Twitter & Reddit is just to sign up and go for broke.

Twitter: http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Twitter

Reddit: http://www.wikihow.com/Post-on-Reddit

We're also active on LinkedIn (I've accumulated quite the professional circle and have some great new contacts to throw ideas around with), and Facebook, but FB has a lot more bots these days.

That being said, use whatever you're most comfortable with, it doesn't have to be on the internet, just casually mentioning cryptocurrencies and NOBL when you see an opportunitely slowly but surely puts us in the mindset of everyone around. We have half a dozen people actively using Twitter & Reddit daily, retweeting and sharing NobleCoin news and promotional stuff. It's all there, we're out there everyday. Smiley But the more the merrier. We've done a few promotions since Mintpal and are up 200+ on Twitter and 50+ on Reddit, and we're still looking to reach out further.

Edit: Food for thought, cryptocurrency is still so young and small in the grand scheme of things. If NobleCoin reached a community today of 1,000 people who each wanted to hold on to .5 BTC worth of NOBL for long-term, the effect would be staggering in terms of increasing demand and cutting out downwards pressure. That is what we work towards every day, more long-term, genuine supporters. If they don't want to spend a dime that's fine, but many mine and hold, many like the coin and what it stands for and spreads the word or helps out with projects. The longer we work hard and find more holders and supporters to work with us, the stronger we grow.
Activity: 326
Merit: 250
[...]

Activity: 182
legendary
Well, I was thinking about ONE place where everybody meets in a first place.

We have here, IRC and the forum on the website, depending on personal preference.

Now, I'm googling for new tweets/retwit, read some new posts in ANN OP thread, read some posts / do some comments on reddit... this is all fragemented.

I think that our website forum should be such a meeting place. But now it doesn't seem crowded (or maybe I'm wrong...) and it's relatively hard to find (Community menu -> Forums).

I'm sorry, but we have so much information at this point on the website not every link can fit in the top-level menu! If I squeeze Forum in we lose links more preferred by others. With a front-page redo this weekend we will get more stuff/buttons/graphics on the landing page to keep everyone happy, as that has been the primary focus so far by everyone.

Well, I was thinking about ONE place where everybody meets in a first place.

Now, I'm googling for new tweets/retwit, read some new posts in ANN OP thread, read some posts / do some comments on reddit... this is all fragemented.

I think that our website forum should be such a meeting place. But now it doesn't seem crowded (or maybe I'm wrong...) and it's relatively hard to find (Community menu -> Forums).
https://www.noblemovement.com/forums/   <- Maybe this link should be bolded or highlighted or put somewhere visible?

Maybe it should be renamed ("Noble Hall" or smth)?
Maybe a big link should lead to it directly from a landing page?
Maybe there should be added some incensitives for users to stay longer? "Users online" count? Tickers? Graphs? Maybe even a trollbox?

I'm not saying that any particular social media is bad, but maybe we should maintain and develop a special NOBLE Place, a place where we look everyday and we can find all new tweets, interesting news, some new links, discussions, but also new gadgets and ideas about the "Hall" itself?

Edit: In my free time, I will try to create another Noblecoin website, I will call it maybe Noblecoiners or Simplynoble or something like that, and I want it to be very simple, with nice fat links and very short explanations. Maybe even with a trollbox Smiley  (so a newbie doesn't have to try this weird #IRC# thing.
legendary
We need a proprietary meeting place (not an IRC, not on reddit) where we can see how many of us are there.

I'm not quite sure what the issue is with our Twitter group, our Reddit community, and IRC channel? We've also got this forum and the forum on the website. What would a proprietary meeting place do that those don't?
From a marketing stand point, I would like to throw my 2 cents into the discussion.
when I first stumbled onto noble I found it difficult to find information, and pools to mine, etc, etc..
right now if you don't know where to keep up on all the information you are kinda lost.  we talked about finding more people for the community, but exactly where is the community hall? the meeting place? right now there are 317 pages of interaction here on this forum, and then there is the other link for the "state of Crypto currency" great reads and very informative, but why aren't we meeting or linking/copying this information onto the noblemovement.com page, break down the discussions from informative to technical, rather that lump it all into one string.  we keep talking about strengthening the community, but we first have to give them the address of the meeting hall.  we should utilize a link for here to the website to Facebook, that way everyone gets the updates.  we should have a member counter on the website, register get your first 25 noble for free, build the numbers, right now we only know our numbers by number of wallets.  so lets look at the foundation of our community, let more people know about us, lets get all the billboards pointing to one location, from there we can have the links to everywhere else. but a member ticker, price ticker (daily high low), volume, % and so forth. also the noble act aspect here is an idea( I was at a concert and they had jumbotrons linked to a text message service, you text, it flashes on the jumbotron,) so why don't we have active tickers on the website? it keeps it active and informative, tweets, forums, etc.  yes it does open us up for a little abuse, but the goal is always to be transparent right?  but if we can get more people to register and get there first 25 noble coin then the rest will fall into place.

I just think we should creat a plan and foundation for "we the Members"

mike
BUMP and +1

We need a proprietary meeting place (not an IRC, not on reddit) where we can see how many of us are there.

Is the forum at noblemovement.com the right choice ? Well, it is a forum = threads, posts... I'm not sure what do you mean by "community hall"?

Activity: 245

I'm glad you found us Smiley Do you mind if I ask what channel you heard about NobleCoin through?
Jump to: