Author

Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS - page 310. (Read 1053098 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Finally, I found a coin that a newbie miner can get into...without feeling like you have to be ready to point your miners at whatever is behind door#1 each day...

and it only took me reading through about half of all 300+ pages to realize that my future investments lie with NobleCoin...

Welcome! Glad to have you on board.

Activity: 252
Merit: 100
Finally, I found a coin that a newbie miner can get into...without feeling like you have to be ready to point your miners at whatever is behind door#1 each day...

and it only took me reading through about half of all 300+ pages to realize that my future investments lie with NobleCoin...

Welcome Sir! If you need anything I'd be happy to help!
Activity: 491

*PROJECT*

Anyone able to take a crack at a paperwallet generator? Would just need to code, assuming it can be integrated into NobleMovement.com. Anyone interested please let me know. Thanks all!
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022
What´s happening now the price going down... It lose support?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
@Rofo:

I do have a question regarding the marketplace and the effects it may have on NobleCoin.
Is it known where NobleCoin goes after being sent to the market?  Say I was in the market to buy
some goods from Newegg, is it detrimental to Noblecoin for me to go and buy 1BTC in NobleCoin and
go buy $500 in Gift Cards on the market place due to the discounts there?

Excellent question, that is why a few of use have no issue with converting to BTC to cover just that. LOL

But it will cause Market cap to increase so it is a good thing. Go do it. I have a good stash myself.

75% of the items on the marketplace are sold by us, a number which should change dramatically soon as more people come on board. If we get 200,000 NOBL for a gift card at 30 satoshi level, we put 100,000 down on 35 and 100,000 down on 40 for sale to recover the fiat price. Also, because we don't need to recover sales straight away as we have money from 'real life' spare, we generally hold onto the NOBL for as long as possible and reduce downward pressure on price.

We expected and hoped for people to be spending 1BTC for example to buy NOBL and buy a gift card on the marketplace for a great discount. We had (and still relatively have) enough to cover most sales, and the trade/deals increase volume and attention to the uses of NOBL.
Activity: 778
@Rofo, thanks for answering my questions.

Regarding the discussion changing the algoritm and influence on the Noble price, I would like to say follwing; I think we can say that in the following situation we will have an exactly  double coinprice. When algorith is changed in a way where ;

1. The currently mined coins are halved.
2. The final total supply is halved.
3. The halvingtime is stayes the same.

As far as I can see these 3 changes should lead to an exact double in price.

Rofo's plans to change NobleCoin are not exactly like this.

We will not have a surge in price because of halving the existing coins ( they stay the same), so from this aspect we don't see a pricechange.
Final total coins will be reduced to 33,3% from what was planned. So after 14 years ( I think this was the Original mining time frame), this change will triple the price. But we will not feel when it happens probably.
The halvingtime starts earlier now ( this summer) and halvingtime is halved ( when I am right), so this will support the price as well.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
even if the hash is incorrect, it still counts as a submitted share. just like the other 500k hashes you make per second that are incorrect.

it is just more efficient, as the same algo means you can try the same hash on all coins.
Activity: 245

It's ok. Trying now to get my head around merge mining.
From here.
Merged mining allows a miner to mine for more than one block chain at the same time. The benefit is that every hash the miner does contributes to the total hash rate of both (all) currencies, and as a result they are all more secure.
Three key points to remember:

The Bitcoin chain doesn't get junked up with Namecoin stuff due to merged mining. At most, one tiny hash is inserted in the transaction tree.
The two hash chains remain fully independent. The "Bitcoin stuff" that goes in the Namecoin tree is basically ignored and only used to validate the proof of work. (It will bloat the Namecoin chain a bit as it means some blocks will have an extra header and an extra hash.)
Lastly, no special support is needed from Bitcoin.
The benefit for Namecoin is obvious. A lot of Bitcoin miners will probably do merged mining, since it costs them basically nothing and gives them a greater return than mining Bitcoins alone. As a result, their block generation timing will be more predictable and their transactions more secure against a 51% attack.
Does that help? If you follow the link it goes into more detail. Now, back to studying for my final Econ final before graduation! Wewt!

Not really because it doesn't answer this.....For that to be true then the block for each coin must be precisely the same. If one coin block is found, it will start on the next block and the other coin is 20 seconds behind, how does the GPU work then when it hasn't finish the current block and has to start on the other coin new block?
Maybe this?
Merged mining works like this, your generated hashes that could be the solution to the current block will be sent to two or more different blockchains to see if they are the solution. Since every blockchain which represents a coin would have a different solution, you are increasing your chances of solving a block by sending the hash to multiple blockchains. The data of both coins remain totally separate, you are merely running multiple clients on the same machine and submit the hashes to multiple networks. If your hash is the solution to a particular block, you will get the coin. It would be the same as if you are mining with a single cryptocurrency, except that instead of submitting your work to a single network, you are submitting your work to multiple networks to increase your chances of solving a block.
You're basically just submitting the same key to two different locks. If it opens one, you win. If not, you just keep switching out the keys till one does. They don't have to be simultaneous I don't think.

edit: I don't know for a fact that this is how it works. That's just what I gathered from this article, which could be total BS.
legendary
Activity: 924
In the long term, investors should not fear increasing supply.
If you believe Say's Law, then the supply automatically creates it's own demand, right? Wink

Say's law is when the cost of goods and services become cheaper via increased productivity and cost remained relatively the same, thus allowing poorer people to afford those goods and services hence increased demand. It doesn't apply to investment as good investment should go up in value not down (cheaper).
Good catch, though it was meant more in jest. It's been fun to read your posts in here. There aren't many coin threads that have intellectual discussion around economics, and I appreciate you for that. Thanks for contributing Smiley

From here.
Merged mining allows a miner to mine for more than one block chain at the same time. The benefit is that every hash the miner does contributes to the total hash rate of both (all) currencies, and as a result they are all more secure.

The Bitcoin chain doesn't get junked up with Namecoin stuff due to merged mining. At most, one tiny hash is inserted in the transaction tree.
The two hash chains remain fully independent. The "Bitcoin stuff" that goes in the Namecoin tree is basically ignored and only used to validate the proof of work. (It will bloat the Namecoin chain a bit as it means some blocks will have an extra header and an extra hash.)
The benefit for Namecoin is obvious. A lot of Bitcoin miners will probably do merged mining, since it costs them basically nothing and gives them a greater return than mining Bitcoins alone. As a result, their block generation timing will be more predictable and their transactions more secure against a 51% attack.
Does that help? If you follow the link it goes into more detail. Now, back to studying for my final Econ final before graduation! Wewt!

Not really because it doesn't answer this.....For that to be true then the block for each coin must be precisely the same. If one coin block is found, it will start on the next block and the other coin is 20 seconds behind, how does the GPU work then when it hasn't finish the current block and has to start on the other coin new block?
If you believe Say's Law, then the supply automatically creates it's own demand, right? Wink

Say's law is when the cost of goods and services become cheaper via increased productivity and cost remained relatively the same, thus allowing poorer people to afford those goods and services hence increased demand. It doesn't apply to investment as good investment should go up in value not down (cheaper).
Good catch, though it was meant more in jest. It's been fun to read your posts in here. There aren't many coin threads that have intellectual discussion around economics, and I appreciate you for that. Thanks for contributing Smiley

From here.

legendary

legendary
You can mine either coin and ignore the other if you want, it's mostly up to the pool you choose as far as I'm aware. I'll be honest I might have gotten ahead of myself with merge-mining, I simply said it will always be seriously considered. I don't think it will play a large role for quite a while still and when it does it will be to resolve any real or perceived 51% or ASIC problem in the future. By that point the majority of miners will be demanding it. For that reason we had no intent to rush into it nor will we add it this July fork at this point. We might simply be thinking too far ahead since we are of the opinion merge-mining in the years to come will become standard.

This image sums up how we feel about merge-mining. It assumes a future where there are many 'top-tier' coins for each algorithm, and whether the winners are based on technical innovation, community and network adoption or money will generally depend on an individuals perspective. If it doesn't come about that's fine, we're not immediately switching, but we do think if/when the alternative scene evolves as a 'system' it would lean towards merge-mining. Note, there will always be outside mining operations also mining particular coins based on current preference or profitability, but there will also be plenty of miners mining the lot and enjoying payouts from all.

Looking at the diagram of merge mining. If someone had a 500kh card and merge mine, does it implies that 500kh will be used for each coin or that 500kh will be divided among each coin? The GPU would need to calculate, say 5 coins, hence i can't see how 500kh each would stand. Another thing what if each coin has different block reward times. 1 coin has 1 block every minute and the other coin 1 block every 2 minutes. Surely then the GPU would have to mine each coin algorithm separately. Hence one wouldn't get 500kh for each coin?

As far as I understand, in merge mining, the calculated hash is used for each coin (hence merged mining). So you are trying to solve multiple coins with 1 hash, therefore using the full hashrate for each coin.

For that to be true then the block for each coin must be precisely the same. If one coin block is found, it will start on the next block and the other coin is 20 seconds behind, how does the GPU work then when it hasn't finish the current block and has to start on the other coin new block?

legendary
If BTC price goes up, will that trend follow for NOBLE? Last time I know it did for LTC and DOGE but I wonder if NOBLE will experience the same rise?

I ask because BTC is poised to probably double/triple in price over the next 4-5 months.

Why do you think BTC will double/triple in price?

With MTgox out of business, there's one less avenue to buy BTC.

If the BTC is predicted to go up via pumping, where is the money coming from? If new money comes in then ok but that new money must be higher than the current production of BTC via mining. If not then if there's a pump in BTC, the money has to come from somewhere. That would be the altcoins market where people dump their altcoins to convert to BTC and hold as the price in BTC soar. Hence the altcoins value would drop. Whether this would happen to Noble is anyone guess. I would expect it to happen to the shitscamcoins first.

Personally BTC going down because people are selling them to convert to altcoins is somewhat a good thing, assuming no new money coming in.

There are too many variables and unlike the stock market, we don't have quality streams of data to make a good prediction.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
From a marketing stand point, I would like to throw my 2 cents into the discussion.
when I first stumbled onto noble I found it difficult to find information, and pools to mine, etc, etc..
right now if you don't know where to keep up on all the information you are kinda lost.  we talked about finding more people for the community, but exactly where is the community hall? the meeting place? right now there are 317 pages of interaction here on this forum, and then there is the other link for the "state of Crypto currency" great reads and very informative, but why aren't we meeting or linking/copying this information onto the noblemovement.com page, break down the discussions from informative to technical, rather that lump it all into one string.  we keep talking about strengthening the community, but we first have to give them the address of the meeting hall.  we should utilize a link for here to the website to Facebook, that way everyone gets the updates.  we should have a member counter on the website, register get your first 25 noble for free, build the numbers, right now we only know our numbers by number of wallets.  so lets look at the foundation of our community, let more people know about us, lets get all the billboards pointing to one location, from there we can have the links to everywhere else. but a member ticker, price ticker (daily high low), volume, % and so forth. also the noble act aspect here is an idea( I was at a concert and they had jumbotrons linked to a text message service, you text, it flashes on the jumbotron,) so why don't we have active tickers on the website? it keeps it active and informative, tweets, forums, etc.  yes it does open us up for a little abuse, but the goal is always to be transparent right?  but if we can get more people to register and get there first 25 noble coin then the rest will fall into place.

I just think we should creat a plan and foundation for "we the Members"

mike
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
You can mine either coin and ignore the other if you want, it's mostly up to the pool you choose as far as I'm aware. I'll be honest I might have gotten ahead of myself with merge-mining, I simply said it will always be seriously considered. I don't think it will play a large role for quite a while still and when it does it will be to resolve any real or perceived 51% or ASIC problem in the future. By that point the majority of miners will be demanding it. For that reason we had no intent to rush into it nor will we add it this July fork at this point. We might simply be thinking too far ahead since we are of the opinion merge-mining in the years to come will become standard.

This image sums up how we feel about merge-mining. It assumes a future where there are many 'top-tier' coins for each algorithm, and whether the winners are based on technical innovation, community and network adoption or money will generally depend on an individuals perspective. If it doesn't come about that's fine, we're not immediately switching, but we do think if/when the alternative scene evolves as a 'system' it would lean towards merge-mining. Note, there will always be outside mining operations also mining particular coins based on current preference or profitability, but there will also be plenty of miners mining the lot and enjoying payouts from all.

Looking at the diagram of merge mining. If someone had a 500kh card and merge mine, does it implies that 500kh will be used for each coin or that 500kh will be divided among each coin? The GPU would need to calculate, say 5 coins, hence i can't see how 500kh each would stand. Another thing what if each coin has different block reward times. 1 coin has 1 block every minute and the other coin 1 block every 2 minutes. Surely then the GPU would have to mine each coin algorithm separately. Hence one wouldn't get 500kh for each coin?

As far as I understand, in merge mining, the calculated hash is used for each coin (hence merged mining). So you are trying to solve multiple coins with 1 hash, therefore using the full hashrate for each coin.
legendary

Regarding supply and demand, I don't think crypto currencies go via normal business rules. At todays market it is easier to compare it with letting kids go loose in a play store with the added benefit that the toys can be traded back. And some toys are just cool until something better comes along. So when that does, just make sure the old cool tool is traded before it is broken.
So currently the speed of creating new toys is super fast, there are lobyists (the pumpers) who will show what is the coolest new toy and will try to get people to buy it.
But as Rofo already stated, the amount of new money pooring into the system is relatively low. So in the end every kid has a few toys to play with and most will break at some point.

Now we all know what happens when we grow up. There will be growing pains, we make new mistakes and in the end find ourselves looking back at stupid decisions. But most of us in the end, will start to realize that buying a genuine product will get us more comfort. And regarding the genuine product, that is why I invested in NobleCoin.

But as for any genuine product, if the message is not clear for the audience, the audience will never see its true value as they do not have the time to do a deep search for the true strength of a product. So when we did get older, the decisions we make are becoming more rational but still rely on easy understanding.

So in my perspective what would be a good change to the way NobleCoin promotes itself, is via promoting its core values and sticking to them. Get the people to understand what the belief is behind NobleCoin.

In my opinion NobleCoin stands for:
Honesty
Open to all who come and talk to us
it positions itself as being in the middle market (slow = being no changer, middle = changing but with care, fast = the flavour of the day)
Helping people and the earth we live on
straigth forward
intelligent
And possibly a few other values which I do not think of right now.

Unfortunatly the values I see are not taken well in the current community as the core values do not automatically trade for value. Although the values should be the value everybody is searching for:)

So despite of all that, the only way to get there is to show yourself (show that NobleCoin is making the right decisions and doing and achieving the goals it sets) This, in the end, will be its true value and most likely an asset which no one can overlook.

I don't think I have read more accurate and better articulated analogies than these. Unfortunately, crypto being as young as it is seems to have a lot of the younger crowd partaking who don't care about long term and don't truly know the impact of actions and how this game should progress. That is why we such such popularity with things such as Coinye.....is that really a viable source with a real monetary value....of course not. Most kids these days have some cards laying around from gaming and are like, hey I can mine and get paid money, which is all they are trying to do is some short term ROI. However, I feel real coins, like ourselves, attract a more adult and professional side of things. We may not have the hash power to be considered top of the line, but on the flip side we have the knowledge and understanding of how to truly carry this forward and become a true powerhouse in the future. We are going no where, we are holding knowing the future, and we are not just going to be gone one day like most new alts are.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
@Rofo:

I do have a question regarding the marketplace and the effects it may have on NobleCoin.
Is it known where NobleCoin goes after being sent to the market?  Say I was in the market to buy
some goods from Newegg, is it detrimental to Noblecoin for me to go and buy 1BTC in NobleCoin and
go buy $500 in Gift Cards on the market place due to the discounts there?

Excellent question, that is why a few of use have no issue with converting to BTC to cover just that. LOL

But it will cause Market cap to increase so it is a good thing. Go do it. I have a good stash myself.
Jump to: