Author

Topic: NobleCoin[NOBL] - 8% PoS | 1Yr+ | MARKETPLACE | PAY | GIFT | CHARITIES/MERCHANTS - page 484. (Read 1053098 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
why all this talk about craptsy...

coinex seems to be much better and the dev over there is adding more servers and looking to add some more currencies to the exchange in about a week ( from what i have read in the chat box). craptsy sucks, point blank, also vicurex doesn't seem to bad....

Yeah I like CoinEx alot. Vircurex oth costs to much to withdraw BTC.

one of the biggest points for vircurex is the ability to exchange btc for USD or EUR

but i do know that captainfuture at coinex is wanting to implement something similar.

coins-e seems to be okay, but i would like some time to keep and eye open and an ear to the ground to see how they do business. ( just my opinion)

swisscex, i have been reading mixed reports about them, seems that transferring takes a while ( the complaint i have come across the most). but trades within the exchange are said to be lightning fast. but doesn't seem to be a way to cancel an order.( yet)
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
Fair enough.  Or I should say, how noble of you.  I'll keep an eye on them and give them the space to improve.  At least deposits and withdrawals went easily Smiley

I notice that difficulty updates with each block.  Does Noble utilize KGW?  If so, you may want to put front and center as I know some miners/investors are looking for coins that utilize it.

We don't use Kimoto (at the moment anyway), but as far as I'm aware the 1-block difficulty retarget essentially does the same thing (correct me if I'm wrong?). We've been well protected from the sudden fluctuations when multi-pools or whales hop on us and then immediately leave. We should make a stronger point of that.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
legendary

coinex seems to be much better and the dev over there is adding more servers and looking to add some more currencies to the exchange in about a week ( from what i have read in the chat box). craptsy sucks, point blank, also vicurex doesn't seem to bad....

Yeah I like CoinEx alot. Vircurex oth costs to much to withdraw BTC.
Activity: 854
Fair enough.  Or I should say, how noble of you.  I'll keep an eye on them and give them the space to improve.  At least deposits and withdrawals went easily Smiley

I notice that difficulty updates with each block.  Does Noble utilize KGW?  If so, you may want to put front and center as I know some miners/investors are looking for coins that utilize it.
legendary
Fair enough I can understand that. While it's not necessarily an acceptable excuse to some, they are very new and have picked up a lot of the coins before the larger exchanges to support them early on (saving a number of asses in the meantime). They've also personally dealt with the massive wave of support tickets they get during busy periods. I'm pretty certain they're working on implementing improvements to address what you've pointed out, just don't know when.

I am trying to defend them a little here but I know where you're coming from - the single bids per price annoy me too. Tongue Just trying to point out they've been good for coins like Noble who haven't been picked up by the larger exchanges (for whatever legit or nefarious reasons people are attributing it to).

Still again, appreciate the support. That's a decent buy - and if you've got any questions or concerns feel free to PM me or ask away here.
Thanks.  Gripes about coinmarket.io include but are certainly not limited to:

1.  Utilizes mongodb which no financial software should ever do.
2.  Couldn't handle me putting in an order for 1,000,000 noble at 80 when the current bid was 76 to buy up all the coins up to 80.  I had to hit each bid individually.
3.  I had to accept terms after I joined the site as I was trying to enter my first order.
4.  At the top of the site I found this very unprofessional:

This is a untested beta version of the exchange - use it at your own risk.

Do not use small automated deposits from a pool account.

Please leave feedback at the bitcointalk thread.

Trying to abuse or flood our system will result in account/balance loss!
legendary
Cheers mate and welcome! To be honest someone not liking coinmarket is a bit of a first - We've been pushing as hard as any coin for acceptance to the other expected exchanges - as hard above-table at least anyway. Hoping it will come as our core marketplace-merchant adoption becomes stronger.
Just bought my first NOBL on coinmarket.io.  Good lord, what a terrible exchange.  I like Poloniex but the market for NOBL there was illiquid so I went with coinmarket.io.  I'll never send money THERE again.  I hope NOBL can get some new exchanges or Poloniex becomes more liquid.
legendary
NobleCoin is now at 24 Merchants/Causes, with more in the works!

NobleCoin is Now Supported by CoinPayments.net

NOBLE Merchants
1. Glivet (Thread info. here)
2. LotWin (Lottery Software)
3. CryptoTycoon's Store (Craigslist Style Marketplace)
4. AdFountain (Web Solutions, Design Services & Internet Marketing)
5. Iquidus (Open Source Solutions)
6. OEMConcept (Quality Wheels)
7. CryptoGameKeys (PC/PlayStation/Xbox Game Keys)
8. CryptoCoinStuff (Crypto Stickers & Stuff)
9. Black+Blanco (Real Food For the Waking Spirit)
10. 2EuroInks (Ink Cartridges & Laser Toners)
11. BitStickers (Bitcoin & Alt-coin Stickers)
12. CryptoDirectory (Cryptocurrency Directory Listings)
13. MePlusOne (Music Digital Downloads)
14. EC Habit (Buy eJuices Online - Under Construction?)
15. Le Cupcakerie (Montreal Cupcakes - Waiting for Order Confirmations?)

NOBLE Charities & Causes
http://www.noblemovement.com/charities/

1. The Water Project - Unlocking Human Potential by Providing Access to Clean, Safe Water & Proper Sanitation
2. SPICES - Support for Parents, Infants and Children through Early Services
3. Lifeboat Foundation - Safeguarding Humanity
4. We The People – Educational Repository
5. FarmBot – Automated Precision Farming Machines
6. CryptoArticles - Crypto-enthusiasts Keeping Us All Up to Date!
7. PeaceGeeks - Global, Non-Profit, Volunteer Organisation
8. Save the Greyhounds - Help & Shelter for Suffering Greyhounds
9. Virtual Labs - Video Platform for Connecting Researchers Globally

Merchant & Charity Resources Available Here

legendary
No worries, sorry it was a bit of a pain. Might be download/internet issues along the line somewhere messing with the download file..
Trying to download the windows wallet and it appears corrupted.  Can this please be checked.

Just re-downloaded, unpacked and ran it fine from the website. What message are you getting?
Worked that time.  First two times it didn't.  It does take me 3 minutes to download though.

Regardless, thanks for the help!
Activity: 126
Geister?! Geister?! Geister???!! Weißbroooot!
Trying to download the windows wallet and it appears corrupted.  Can this please be checked.

Downloaded the client and it is working for me
legendary

Just re-downloaded, unpacked and ran it fine from the website. What message are you getting?
Activity: 126
Geister?! Geister?! Geister???!! Weißbroooot!
legendary

I like the idea of bringing in the "average" guy however I think we should start getting the nerds / IT people in as that is more simple. They have a better understanding and trust in online payment and I see many of them not being involved in mining (or crypto at all).

So a while ago I had this idea to write a " simple"  instruction for mining Noblecoin using Windows Azure (cloud mining with 20CPU's with no cost). This would be a win-win situation as we would get more mining power and users could get into minining without any cost. Howeverrrr the manual was written by me and really needs some adjustment (I'm not native English as you might have noticed)!!!
http://easycoinmining.blogspot.nl/2014/01/noblecoin-mining-using-windows-azure.html

So I think we as a community should step up and write more manuals / guides on how to mine Noblecoin. I think we should target specific groups, for example gamers so they can use their GPU when not gaming and buy gamecodes (http://www.cryptogamekeys.com/) with the mined coins (or donate of course).

You want to recruit? Go here and Start a NobleCoin thread.

http://www.overclock.net/f/18042/distributed-computing-general
Activity: 196
I like how organised the OP's post is, gonna hold my noble

Im holding too. Thing is really it should be sitting around 4x this price!

yes it should be. i've kinda been fighting with someone on the site, they keep trying to drive the price down to around 70 to 75 sat range.

and it's kinda weird, multiple bids at the same price ( 4 -7 ) at the same time and being filled instantly.

someone is trying to push the price down, either to push it down far enough to purchase a crap load at a cheap price then dump it after it raises. or someone trying to keep us out of the market.

personally i think it is the former option.

Yeah I've noticed some fishy goings on on there too! Want a hand with the fight?  Wink

Grin

Careful, I really admire Noble, but I wouldn't try forcing the markets to be honest. I say let things take the course it needs to.

Twas a joke. I dont play the market like that. I am holding NOBLE and know it will come out on top.
legendary
Activity: 896

coinex seems to be much better and the dev over there is adding more servers and looking to add some more currencies to the exchange in about a week ( from what i have read in the chat box). craptsy sucks, point blank, also vicurex doesn't seem to bad. i guess the freashmarket just got hacked a little bit ago. and from what i have been reading some people are even wanting to do a protest ddos on craptsy for all the bs that they pull.

personally i like that fact that we are building a community as well as a consumer/user base, while staying independent from craptsy. and i really like the fact that we seem to be building a stable base/ foundation, for this currency before getting onto a big exchange ( which can only help our value and usability in the future).

but as i said before, i believe that if we get onto craptsy we will be treated like a back alley whore on st. patties day. and the only advantage that we will have is that this community will hold the majority of the currency, then again all we have to do is look at the value drop on coinmarket.io to see how well that is working. but i can tell you that it will be 10X worse on craptsy. why anyone would want to put us into that situation at this early stage is beyond me.

there are other exchanges, more popping up every day. if we were ( and we will NEED to) to get onto a bigger exchange i think that we should do some more homework and observe how the other exchanges operate and perform with other coins.

some of the points ( not all) that we should pay attention to is speed, reliability, and customer service. these seem to the the biggest issues that i have been observing while reading chat boxes damn near 24/7. yes it sucks. yes, we all know ( at this point) that we need to get onto a bigger exchange and gain more visibility. but lets not do something stupid in the interest of doing something fast.

we have already come much further that many others, and in a very short period of time. lets not undo what we have already built and undermine the potential of this currency.
There is truth in this. Cryptsy does tend to negatively affect most cryptocurrencies that land on it (well, besides the big ones of course) unless there is continued hype. But in the usual case, it is used for tons of dumps. I really want Noble to succeed because it actually brings a new paradigm to an already dirty and muddy cryptocurrency scene and that's why I'm glad it isn't on Cryptsy. I say once more of the coin's infrastructure is developed (merchant markets, further development with it's long-term plan, and further distribution of reserves for developing awareness and viability) then being ported over to a "major" exchange would end up doing a decent amount of good. Sure the service can be quite reacted to quite abhorrently to, but it is a major exchange and you can't really knock that.

For those who want to go long on Noble, I personally say patience is the way to go. There is tons of inherent and untapped potential with this cryptocurrency and rushing it would be the wrong way to go.
legendary
Activity: 896
I like how organised the OP's post is, gonna hold my noble

Im holding too. Thing is really it should be sitting around 4x this price!

yes it should be. i've kinda been fighting with someone on the site, they keep trying to drive the price down to around 70 to 75 sat range.

and it's kinda weird, multiple bids at the same price ( 4 -7 ) at the same time and being filled instantly.

someone is trying to push the price down, either to push it down far enough to purchase a crap load at a cheap price then dump it after it raises. or someone trying to keep us out of the market.

personally i think it is the former option.

Yeah I've noticed some fishy goings on on there too! Want a hand with the fight?  Wink

Grin

Careful, I really admire Noble, but I wouldn't try forcing the markets to be honest. I say let things take the course it needs to.
Jump to: