Pages:
Author

Topic: Nobody Can Have Benefit From a Big Pump - page 2. (Read 8225 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
If Bitcoin price pumps from $1300 to $3000 in few hours, nobody would make profit from it, because the exchanges wouldn't allow you to sell your Bitcoins and make the fast profit, it would bring a big loss for exchange sites.

Do you agree with this?

Reputation is one of the important things for service providers such as these exchanges. If an exchange declines its customer in selling his assets then that would definitely ruin the reputation of the exchange. And surely, that is not good for them. Instead of having profits, the might end up without customers at all.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
If Bitcoin price pumps from $1300 to $3000 in few hours, nobody would make profit from it, because the exchanges wouldn't allow you to sell your Bitcoins and make the fast profit, it would bring a big loss for exchange sites.

Do you agree with this?

You can make quick transactions on many exchanges like poloniex. Exchanges like Coinbase however are not set up for quick transactions.

Exactly, that's why I disagree with the OP because you can actually benefit for a few hours and not necessarily that everyone cannot benefit, some can actually profit quickly from the exchanges.
You people mean how quickly we will be executing our sell orders ? That is the requirement only when prices falling down immediately after hitting a big peak prices. But not just due to exchnages, usually we cannot sell at exact peak prices. I also disagree with OP because we can benefit from big pumps given that there will be enough time for that peak prices to sustain.

When a pump is falling down suddenly then obviously no one can get benefits out of it. When a pump involves more than $200 gaps, we can be sure to get some benefit from that.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
True believers, hodlers, will not sell even in times like these, when 95% of alts are pure pumps.
I do believe that the crypto market is overvalued at the moment. Or maybe I'm wrong and this is only the beginning phase of an incoming dot com.
I'm a hodler, with 99% of my portofolio in a single coin in which I believe. I know this is bad, but I'll stick with it till the end.
But yea, to the op, day traders, speculators will benefit from this pump.
Activity: 574
If you haven't invested while the price is still cheaper in the bitcoin market, I believed nobody wull benefit from a big pump. That's because when price pump will happen, you cannot buy bitcoin at a lower price value due to expensive price that arises. Those old holders will only benefit from a big pump and yet they will enjoy the opportunity of selling their holdings, in order to gain what profit earned for a long time waiting of price to became higher.
Activity: 490
I do not seem to know that the system of the exchange site is automatically setting so if the price goes up then he will also go up, but different if it caught the same admin site then the possibility of the price of its site rise will slowly follow the market price
Activity: 686
Merit: 253

Do you agree with this?

You can make quick transactions on many exchanges like poloniex. Exchanges like Coinbase however are not set up for quick transactions.

Exactly, that's why I disagree with the OP because you can actually benefit for a few hours and not necessarily that everyone cannot benefit, some can actually profit quickly from the exchanges.
Activity: 378
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Do you agree with this?

Merit: 504
You are aware that the cryptocurrency space is almost complete unregulated?

Therefore, there is nothing stopping an exchange from front-running trades, controlling volume in their favor, outright hacking prices, and arbitraging other exchanges. With transaction volume at all-time highs, there is even more opportunity to "time the markets" and profit handsomely. Have you noticed the volatility on these exchanges? Prices will stay static for 2 weeks and then suddenly leap 100% - that's basically a huge red flag that a market is being manipulated

Have you ever traded yourself?

I mean at a currency or commodity exchange that would count as a regulated one? Obviously, you haven't since otherwise you would have known that this pattern of price behavior is omnipresent. It is the same with major currencies, commodities like oil as well as precious metals. The price may stay frozen literally for weeks and then crash or spike many percentages within a day or two (oil has been particularly notorious in this regard recently). I guess there should be a theory explaining this phenomenon (likely tied to market inertia), but it certainly has nothing with price manipulation as you mean it (i.e. something illegal which is possible only at cryproexchanges). Just in case, regulated exchanges are using the same tricks that unregulated ones employ, and they even get caught (sometimes). I'd rather say it is you who is really naive here

I took you off my ignore list just in time to see this response. First off, trading at an exchange is not required to examine the suspicious coin price charts. But of course I have traded BTC and other cryptos.  Do you really think that the massive price shifts for every crypto are "market driven", or normal?  What other financial asset class has such rapid price growth and collapse? I guess it's time for you to start googling. And don't give me "penny stocks"

I asked you about trading at a "real" regulated exchange

Such as a commodity or currency exchange like NYMEX or MICEX. I'm not talking about cryptoexchanges like Bitstamp or Bitfinex. The price shifts there are absolutely the same, and they follow the same patterns. There is nothing unusual with that. You can ask any experienced trader, and he will tell you that prices don't change gradually, they almost always move in sudden bursts, either up or down. Some assets are more susceptible to such changes, some less, but that has nothing to do whether the exchange is regulated or not. In this sense, they are "normal" and as market driven as any price could ever be. I don't need to Google anything, I have already told you about crude oil since I traded oil futures myself and I remember the days when the price changed a dozen percentages within 24 hours. I can also tell you about silver which grew a few times within months in 2011. It kinda looks that it is you who needs to get first-hand experience first

Just LOL. You act as if there is something legitimare about your "real" exchanges. Prices there are manipulated in the same ways as I am discussing, if only to a lesser degree due to some mild regulations by SEC and CFTC (agencies that very rarely do anything about the widespread fraud and are in the pocket of major corporations). Oil futures must be one of the most rigged markets in the world. COMEX, forget it, they might have 5% of the "gold" they've sold over the past 20 years...

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
But if one can time and assume the market is overly pumped and expects a serious dump, why can't one simply cash out fiat for a few weeks and be a spectator?
Weak hands? FOMO? Or?
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Many people are getting the benefits from exchanges that generate huge profits and as much as possible. Since bitcoin prices will rise within hours, they may exchange bitcoin levels.

Everyone who owns or earns btc, or any other altcoin would benefit from a big pump though that's for a short term only. Pumps can't br sustained in the long run that's why there will always be a time for the price to go down, it's always been that way
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
Many people are getting the benefits from exchanges that generate huge profits and as much as possible. Since bitcoin prices will rise within hours, they may exchange bitcoin levels.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

Do you agree with this?
Exchanger still make profit from fees. I think one who hold bitcoin will buy dollars when bitcoin is in the peak price, and wait bitcoin to fall again. When the bitcoin is lower they begin to buy bitcoin again. I think only the lucky ones who can predict will gain profit.
While there is some luck to the market (and in fact there is a lot due to the hair-trigger sell button usage from some bigger holders at the sign of any kind of bads news), there is some merit to looking at the market and making haphazard guesses on where the market is going to go in the future. It isn't entirely based on luck, but it doesn't exactly have large margins of error either.

A lot of people can make money, but often it is a zero-sum game and you don't want to be on the losing end.
Bitcoin is big enough so the predictions of technical analysis can work on it but at the same time bitcoin is small enough to still being manipulated by the whales and that is why we see such wild swings in one direction of the other and if you are in the opposite side of what the whales want to do you will find yourself with heavy losses very rapidly.
Merit: 260

Do you agree with this?
then how do you know the bitcoin price in the pump if the exchanger doesn't allow to sell bitcoin. I think if you sell bitcoin when at the pump $3000 the loss is who people buy bitcoin at that price so why exchange site must loss if there's pump. (buy and sell not just sell)
Yep . I agree with you also if a reputable trading exchange doesn't permitted traders to sell their site will lpse its reputation .In both sides they will not have a big loss with it because in every buys and sell they have a commission and they only follow on price . In my own opinion only .
Activity: 490
Merit: 256
If Bitcoin price pumps from $1300 to $3000 in few hours nobody would make profit from it, because the exchanges wouldn't allow you to sell your Bitcoins and make the fast profit, it would bring a big loss for exchange sites.

Do you agree with this?

I do not.

Exchanges exist to provide their services to people by allowing them to exchange alts to bitcoin, bitcoin to alts, fiat to bitcoin/alts, and alts(if applicable or alts to bitcoin)/bitcoin to fiat. They do not choose the time when can their costumer be able to use their services, instead, the costumer chooses the time when they will use the services offered. If an Exchanger declines the costumer in using theis services such as selling their btc to fiat just because the price pumped hard, it would ruin their image and users may shift to other exchange that offers much better services and not only up to the profit.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

Do you agree with this?
then how do you know the bitcoin price in the pump if the exchanger doesn't allow to sell bitcoin. I think if you sell bitcoin when at the pump $3000 the loss is who people buy bitcoin at that price so why exchange site must loss if there's pump. (buy and sell not just sell)
Activity: 2996
Merit: 609

Do you agree with this?
What?
Why would the exchanges not allow for their users to sell their Bitcoins in the event of something like this? You almost never sell to the exchange itself, always to other people. If others are buying it for that value, then the exchange should just let it happen since it doesn't affect them.
Are you sure you know how most exchanges work? You're kind of making me think you think that you only ever sell to the exchange.
Maybe he does know on how to sell and not to buy bitcoin on exchangers. He dont know actually what an exchanger do operates why he have said this kind of thing. What in the hell an exchanger will hold up withdrawals? Since its users money and he do gain it on other people not on the site itself.Theres nothing to do with those money that they had. Normally they will surely process withdrawals without any hesitations since they are still making money out of fees.To OP, try to buy on an exchanger and analyze how it works.
Activity: 924
Merit: 506
Stay away from those exchanges denying you their services when a pump is happening, because they are the ones involved bypassing their clients and manipulating prices by entering the deal,and then you are no longer trading with other traders and essentially doing trades with exchange's staff.
Since there is no regulation supervising and auditing their records and trade history they are freely doing business by using insider information.
Also miners are the ones profiting by selling their mined coins and they should keep selling otherwise if not then others holding so who sells to the ever growing crowd of buyers?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Do you agree with this?
Exchanger still make profit from fees. I think one who hold bitcoin will buy dollars when bitcoin is in the peak price, and wait bitcoin to fall again. When the bitcoin is lower they begin to buy bitcoin again. I think only the lucky ones who can predict will gain profit.
While there is some luck to the market (and in fact there is a lot due to the hair-trigger sell button usage from some bigger holders at the sign of any kind of bads news), there is some merit to looking at the market and making haphazard guesses on where the market is going to go in the future. It isn't entirely based on luck, but it doesn't exactly have large margins of error either.

A lot of people can make money, but often it is a zero-sum game and you don't want to be on the losing end.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
Yesterday when bitcoin prices rose uncontrollably, I was on a rural project for a week. Unfortunately, big pumps happen when I'm not online. To be honest I'm disappointed with this but I'm still optimistic bitcoin will continue to increase although not as hard as yesterday.
Well, this is the nature of the game, that is why those day traders seems to be glued to their computer screen, they do not want to lose a single second of anything that may happen if they are away from their computer, although I find that to be too much I can definitely understand why they are that committed to do that.
Activity: 322
I can't see that the exchanges wouldn't allow you to exchange your bitcoin. I mean why would they do that? It is even favor in them. The thing you are saying right here is impossible.
Pages:
Jump to: