Pages:
Author

Topic: [NOW AVAILABLE] BTChip / Ledger HW1 : Bitcoin Hardware Wallet in a USB smartcard - page 10. (Read 62446 times)

Activity: 623
Merit: 500
CTO, Ledger
Ordered 2014 Black Friday promo  Wink

Thanks. It's available till Monday end of day PST  Grin
Activity: 288
Merit: 250
Ordered 2014 Black Friday promo  Wink
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
Hi

It's ok, you don't get an email confirmation.

TX #2 is ok and confirmed.

TX #1 is apparently not going to me

You are right, #1 is not yours, I made a mistake, but now that I know I won't get an email confirm, I won't bother you with the second order tx I.D.

Have a good weekend, I'll wait patiently for my orders.

Cheers

Art
CTO, Ledger
Hi

It's ok, you don't get an email confirmation.

TX #2 is ok and confirmed.

TX #1 is apparently not going to me
I placed a couple of orders on your store. Am I supposed to get a confirmation email after I pay?

Art

Transaction ID #1:

https://blockchain.info/tx/f560a2c5650e26006b60da56f32eb0afaafda530c73733234e20d1b316b87182

Transaction ID #2:

https://blockchain.info/tx/f4da0d52088512120b53bc96d8837c6cc5e0d8c008bca366634e738943c77546

These are from address:

1ArtBatXAdUxmWupydCQBFcvD3TkeJhwgC

Let me know if you need a signed message to confirm.

Cheers

Art
I placed a couple of orders on your store. Am I supposed to get a confirmation email after I pay?

Art
Activity: 313
There shouldn't be an issue to use those funds, so I'm afraid the answer lies probably in the middle with a BTChip Python bug dealing with long input scripts (around here) . I'll test that, might take a few days due to long trips.

Ok sounds good. No hurry, take your time  Cool
CTO, Ledger
I'll order one. It's a good offer today...hope shipping is fast Cheesy

shipping is fast, but manufacturing is done on demand (this is one of my new tests  Grin) so it'll ship end of next week, as stated on the website.
Activity: 560
I'll order one. It's a good offer today...hope shipping is fast Cheesy
Activity: 692
CTO, Ledger
There shouldn't be an issue to use those funds, so I'm afraid the answer lies probably in the middle with a BTChip Python bug dealing with long input scripts (around here) . I'll test that, might take a few days due to long trips.
Activity: 313
Hello,

I have a hw.1 and use it with electrum, it works fine overall,
but now I have an address where I can't send anything from.

It is this one: 1Jmv13FgTW1xeGGvATt2EP142efBq473bA
The coins on this address came from a greenaddress wallet (address starts with 3)
I've seen something about p2sh todo in the btchip plugin, not sure if relevant
because  I am not really a programmer, but maybe that could be the problem?
If this is a btchip limitation it would suck, or is it an electrum bug?

I added a "print tx" at the point where it fails and the transaction looks ok to me,
I can load it with electrum and look at it, but it is obv unsigned Smiley

Selecting send from other addresses works fine so it is no big deal,
but if this is a bug it would be good if it could be fixed Wink

Code:
  File "/home/user/electrum-git/electrum/gui/qt/util.py", line 37, in run
    self.result = self.run_task()
  File "/home/user/electrum-git/electrum/gui/qt/main_window.py", line 1156, in sign_thread
    self.wallet.sign_transaction(tx, password)
  File "/home/user/electrum-git/electrum/plugins/btchipwallet.py", line 330, in sign_transaction
    raise BaseException(tx.error)
BaseException: byte must be in range(0, 256)
Activity: 692
CTO, Ledger
Okay, will do.

Thanks. I'll publish a self test page soon.

Yes, after the update it works once again on both Android and Chrome apps.

BTW, did you get my PM yesterday?

yes, happy to see that postal service is behaving  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
I used it yesterday with no problem. Today the Android app said I had to update to at least version 1.4.8 and would refuse to even let me input PIN number.

This is the part I don't get. If it happens again please let me know and I'll give you some tools to investigate before you update.

Okay, will do.

Also to reset must be done on Chrome only, not app.

Yes, after the update it works once again on both Android and Chrome apps.

BTW, did you get my PM yesterday?
CTO, Ledger
I used it yesterday with no problem. Today the Android app said I had to update to at least version 1.4.8 and would refuse to even let me input PIN number.

This is the part I don't get. If it happens again please let me know and I'll give you some tools to investigate before you update.

Also to reset must be done on Chrome only, not app.

It should also work from the Android app once it's updated. For the time being it only works with older versions

And I hate to enter incorrect pin, remove card, insert card, incorrect pin again, remove card and incorrect pin again. That song and dance is not explained anywhere.

I'll mention it in bolder later in the firmware update page, but this is a security measure against malware trying to DoS the card by sending wrong PINs in a row. It could be made easier by sending the wrong PINs for you.

Also, after installing the two required chrome extensions, the first time updater said could not read my version number.

Might happen right after the chrome extensions are installed if you don't reload the page, or if another process is open and tries to access the dongle.

I had to remove it and start over and then it worked. Also, why does updating it require it to be removed and inserted so many times?

the dongle cycles through 3 different operating systems during the update, it tries to reboot automatically between each steps but there could be race conditions in this process and the updater errs on the side of caution if the dongle doesn't answer fast enough.
legendary
I was using my btchip HW1 with Green Address both Chrome and Android. All of the sudden the Android one refused to accept it and told me to upgrade the firmware. The Chrome one did not say that but did not seem to be functioning properly.

I'm not that sure about the "all of a sudden" part as there have been no updates in the applications recently.

I'd need more details to understand the process flow and how/when this occurred

After a very long and frustrating time I finally got the device reset, updated and restored seed. Need better instructions on this process for people. I just goT them within two weeks. Why do they come with old firmware? Can't they be updated before being mailed?

I'd need more details about the issues you had when updating the firmware to improve it.

Cards are usually shipped with the latest firmware, but there have been a lot of updates recently. They're not forced on the users though, so I don't really understand the problem.

I used it yesterday with no problem. Today the Android app said I had to update to at least version 1.4.8 and would refuse to even let me input PIN number. Also to reset must be done on Chrome only, not app. And I hate to enter incorrect pin, remove card, insert card, incorrect pin again, remove card and incorrect pin again. That song and dance is not explained anywhere. Also, after installing the two required chrome extensions, the first time updater said could not read my version number. I had to remove it and start over and then it worked. Also, why does updating it require it to be removed and inserted so many times?
CTO, Ledger
I was using my btchip HW1 with Green Address both Chrome and Android. All of the sudden the Android one refused to accept it and told me to upgrade the firmware. The Chrome one did not say that but did not seem to be functioning properly.

I'm not that sure about the "all of a sudden" part as there have been no updates in the applications recently.

I'd need more details to understand the process flow and how/when this occurred

After a very long and frustrating time I finally got the device reset, updated and restored seed. Need better instructions on this process for people. I just goT them within two weeks. Why do they come with old firmware? Can't they be updated before being mailed?

I'd need more details about the issues you had when updating the firmware to improve it.

Cards are usually shipped with the latest firmware, but there have been a lot of updates recently. They're not forced on the users though, so I don't really understand the problem.
legendary
I was using my btchip HW1 with Green Address both Chrome and Android. All of the sudden the Android one refused to accept it and told me to upgrade the firmware. The Chrome one did not say that but did not seem to be functioning properly. After a very long and frustrating time I finally got the device reset, updated and restored seed. Need better instructions on this process for people. I just goT them within two weeks. Why do they come with old firmware? Can't they be updated before being mailed?
CTO, Ledger
ok, so a system path issue maybe - vcvarsall.bat should be located in your path when building
Pages:
Jump to: