Pages:
Author

Topic: [Now Funded] Help build a better Bitcoin logo! - page 11. (Read 35221 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
I am loving the way this is turning out!
The old logo definitly needs to go now.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Inactive
My entry:

This logo is very nice but has a problem, it is not clear when it is small... too much small details

I like these quite a bit.  Not to say they're perfect.

Could the starfleet insignia be incorporated here in any way?

Cheesy
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Coinabul - Gold Unbarred
We're nearly halfway there in pledges!

If you don't want to publicly pledge an amount send me a PM and I'll keep your pledge anonymous. (I'm looking at you Bitcoinica Hacker Wink)

Cheers,
-Jon
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
Can someone design a B with two lightning bolts or swords piercing it?

Kinda like a hash symbol at the top
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
Can someone design a B with two lightning bolts or swords piercing it?
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
--------------->¿?
My entry:

This logo is very nice but has a problem, it is not clear when it is small... too much small details
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
(:firstbits => "1mantis")
Coinabul - Gold Unbarred
I'd have to agree...the current logo is ok...a little cute and unserious looking, but friendly and unthreatening. I'd like to see something better. I'll throw in BTC10 for a set of vector format public domain logos. I'd like to see a three colors (or less) version, a full color version, one that looks good in grayscale and in binary black and white. That set should all be "the same logo," so to speak (clearly each will be slightly different to accommodate the constraints). We need at least two logo sets with different aspect ratios: a square logo and a rectangular logo...not the same as each other, although one might contain the other.
Thank you so much for your pledge!

I'll make sure to forward your specifications to the designer.

Cheers,
-Jon
donator
Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047
I outlived my lifetime membership:)
I'd have to agree...the current logo is ok...a little cute and unserious looking, but friendly and unthreatening. I'd like to see something better. I'll throw in BTC10 for a set of vector format public domain logos. I'd like to see a three colors (or less) version, a full color version, one that looks good in grayscale and in binary black and white. That set should all be "the same logo," so to speak (clearly each will be slightly different to accommodate the constraints). We need at least two logo sets with different aspect ratios: a square logo and a rectangular logo...not the same as each other, although one might contain the other.
legendary
Activity: 945
Merit: 1003
I think this thread has seen some pretty interesting graphical ideas, so lets keep it alive.
Coinabul - Gold Unbarred
Bump,

I'll revive this thread a couple more times... If the community doesn't want it, I'll let her die.
legendary
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001
Even if there is good logos, I still prefer the actual one. Clean, simple and clear.
Clean, simple, pancake.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
--------------->¿?
Even if there is good logos, I still prefer the actual one. Clean, simple and clear.
Activity: 418
Merit: 250
Reminds me of these pictures I made last year when I was *really* into bitcoins!

Activity: 60
dwda
Here's an old concept I came up with a while back when people were discussing the currency symbol for bitcoin:
Here's something I came up with real quick.
It's a combo of the cent symbol and a b.

Handwritten:

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred
Still looking for pledges.
legendary
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001
Onthe bottom one, make the blue color clear, the text black, the "o" orange and the earth grey. I think you should also make the ridges on the earth coin thing more straight and it would look cooler!

And I would complete the circle (earth) underneath.
Activity: 88
I rather like the logo we have now.

If we decide to change it, please consider that the logo should be reproducible in one color, and without areas of tiny detail. I make vinyl decals, but this is also important to use in print, and for screenprinters and the like.

I'll add the new logo to my store if one comes from this. Here's the link today: http://gadsdengraphics.com/products/bitcoin

Embarassingly, there is currently no way to pay with Bitcoin in an automated fashion. I've just moved to a new eCommerce solution and haven't gotten around to dealing with that yet, but I'm happy to take Bitcoin of course.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
My entry:

Onthe bottom one, make the blue color clear, the text black, the "o" orange and the earth grey. I think you should also make the ridges on the earth coin thing more straight and it would look cooler!
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067
Im not poo-pooing the idea of a revised bitcoin logo, aren't we a little too far down the road now ? Wouldn't a new logo give the impression of a re-launch of sorts like bitcoin 2.0 ? I have used the Bitcoin logo in a few projects not directly related to bitcoin so I'm probably biased towards the current design, regardless I'll be interested to see what may materialise

The silver copper art rounds did ok ,but I never got the mobile mining rig past the prototype stage  Grin

Pages:
Jump to: