Pages:
Author

Topic: [Now Funded] Help build a better Bitcoin logo! - page 12. (Read 35221 times)

legendary
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1001
I would complete the circle (earth) underneath
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.
Maybe if the 'B' was transparent rather than white? (You can do this in a PNG file.) Otherwise, I like it!

*images*

More like that?

That works too, but IMHO the stereoscopic cut-out 'B' looks better.
Activity: 602
Merit: 508
Firstbits: 1waspoza
I like that, it looks great, only thing I see is that the 'b' in the lower 2 color graphic doesn't have the same tail as the one above it.

Good eye!  Grin Could not decide which version is better.  Smiley
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
I like that, it looks great, only thing I see is that the 'b' in the lower 2 color graphic doesn't have the same tail as the one above it.

Also, a brand must be complete. A logo is great to have, but a complete brand will include several logos for different print and screen applications, favicons that are clear and easy to distinguish, web-safe palettes for website use, a style handbook, and other supporting material and documentation.
legendary
looks quite professional  Smiley
Activity: 602
Merit: 508
Firstbits: 1waspoza
My entry:

Activity: 434
100%
Maybe if the 'B' was transparent rather than white? (You can do this in a PNG file.) Otherwise, I like it!

images removed, see above

More like that?

legendary
Good idea but i fear that we will be shocked with lots of weird and creepy designs.
http://i46.tinypic.com/2w3vmg5.jpg (NSFW)
100%
The thing is there won't ever be such a thing as an official Bitcoin logo. Every related project and business will come up with their own designs and just use the generally accepted "B" as the basic motif, I expect.

Funding one particular designer to make a logo is a waste of money.

I'd rather we called for a design competition and the winner by public vote gets the prize money and all other designs offered may be used freely by anyone.

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502
Thread was intended to be for ideas. He wants to crowdfund a new logo from professional graphic artists.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!
The submissions in this thread make me love the current logo. Seriously. The logo is fairly decent so if this is done it needs to be done Very Professionally. Otherwise don't do it at all.
It will be done very professionally. I'm actually getting a designer to come up with some teaser ideas.
What is this thread for then? Are you just hiring a designer and using pledges to pay for the design. Or are you looking for the best entry in the thread?
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Coinabul - Gold Unbarred
The submissions in this thread make me love the current logo. Seriously. The logo is fairly decent so if this is done it needs to be done Very Professionally. Otherwise don't do it at all.
It will be done very professionally. I'm actually getting a designer to come up with some teaser ideas.
Activity: 294
Bitcoin today is what the internet was in 1998.

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
Hello!

The one outlined in red is the idea, the two before show what I used to make it, while the two after are just some extras. You can make this one into a lot more things, it has a plus sign in it, it can look like a sword and shield, maybe a pipe, other stuff too. Also, it's pretty easy to write by hand. Another idea would just to be use the greek letter beta, and we can be like TAKING CURRENCY OUT OF BETA or something.
100%

actually it looks better smaller imo. use it if you want.

legendary
Merit: 1003
VIS ET LIBERTAS
Wise words  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056
Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004
Obviously the binary represents this: http://friendfeed.com/terrificclutter/5357ea4a
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Looks nice but very "greek"

racist! Tongue

i like it, someone replace the pancake one with this to see what it looks like smaller, everything looks good large Smiley
legendary
Looks nice but very "greek"
Pages:
Jump to: