Pages:
Author

Topic: [NSFW] Girls of Reddit's r/GoneWild - page 9. (Read 144739 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
March 30, 2012, 10:25:23 AM
Is that accurate? because apparently instawallet shows outgoing transactions that are not related to particular accounts (?). I'd appreciate if someone could explain that in a few words, really not feeling like studying every service.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/rim7t/hey_rbitcoin_got_coins_enjoy_the_female_form/c46bi6t

You put a dollar in your bank account.  Someone withdraws a dollar after you and gets your dollar bill.  You still have a dollar in your account even though someone withdrew "your" dollar.

The bank doesn't have a separate cash drawer for every customer.  Neither does instawallet.

Every 'deposit' you see in blockexplorer is a real donation.  Not every 'withdrawal' you see is a withdrawal by the owner of that instawallet.

But my account balance wouldn't show a dollar being sent elsewhere from my account. My account doesn't show individual dollars as entities, they only show balances. Equivalently in Bitcoin, there is no such thing as individual bitcoins with their own entity, there's just transactions. So what is instawallet doing there? Still confused.

Looking at LadyBytes' second account:
http://blockexplorer.com/address/1J7T1xQk2mdEEb5wkP73EtXTox6vWvE7ML

There's a 1BTC "Sent" tx right before my 1.23 donation. Apparently it wasn't her. So what's going on?

don't know why you're confused by this... it's the same thing that happens at exchanges like mtgox.

even though you get a personalised deposit address, coins come out of that address to pay other people's withdrawals.

try to follow this...  

1. instawallet launches and is a brand new web site

2. two people each get an address, and each deposit 10 btc to 'their' address.

3. person 1 decides to withdraw 8 btc: this causes 10 btc to come out of his address, and 2 btc of that gets sent to a 'change' address belonging to instawallet. this change address does not correspond to any customer addresses.

4. person 1 checks block explorer and says WTF i only withdrew 8 btc but it says 10 btc sent.

5. person 2 decides to withdraw 2 btc, this causes instawallet to send it from the change address, since it has a 2 btc transaction there.

6. person 2 checks block explorer and says WTF i withdrew 2 btc but my address still says 10 received and none sent.

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
March 30, 2012, 10:23:32 AM
But my account balance wouldn't show a dollar being sent elsewhere from my account. My account doesn't show individual dollars as entities, they only show balances. Equivalently in Bitcoin, there is no such thing as individual bitcoins with their own entity, there's just transactions. So what is instawallet doing there? Still confused.

Blockchain =/= view of YOUR (or HER) account.

If you deposit funds at say Instawallet or MtGox or xyz bitcoin bank there will be tx that occur as the entity moves coins around, combines them, and handles withdrawals that don't correspond to YOUR indvidual account.

Nothing weird about what is going on @ Instawallet.  If you deposit funds @ Mt.Gox the same thing happens.

No online entity keeps all the funds in the deposit address.  They combine funds to be able to take some of that OFFLINE so only a small portion is available to hackers.

Her losing coins and the Instawallet tx in block chain have nothing to do with each other.
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
March 30, 2012, 09:41:48 AM
The old LadyBytes address is still getting coins send to it =/ Has InstaWallet done something that new donations to that address are going to LadyBytes?
According to the reddit post that was fixed already. Apparently the Instawallet site owner changed the link but was able to keep the address or something?

She the bitcoins are being redirected to her? what's happening to the bitcoins being sent to that old address?
This is what I saw: http://www.reddit.com/r/GirlsGoneBitcoin/comments/rk0hr/to_the_observant_l33t_hackers/c46g9vy
Activity: 784
Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas
March 30, 2012, 09:39:39 AM
The old LadyBytes address is still getting coins send to it =/ Has InstaWallet done something that new donations to that address are going to LadyBytes?
According to the reddit post that was fixed already. Apparently the Instawallet site owner changed the link but was able to keep the address or something?

She the bitcoins are being redirected to her? what's happening to the bitcoins being sent to that old address?
donator
Activity: 980
March 30, 2012, 09:39:05 AM
Is that accurate? because apparently instawallet shows outgoing transactions that are not related to particular accounts (?). I'd appreciate if someone could explain that in a few words, really not feeling like studying every service.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/rim7t/hey_rbitcoin_got_coins_enjoy_the_female_form/c46bi6t

You put a dollar in your bank account.  Someone withdraws a dollar after you and gets your dollar bill.  You still have a dollar in your account even though someone withdrew "your" dollar.

The bank doesn't have a separate cash drawer for every customer.  Neither does instawallet.

Every 'deposit' you see in blockexplorer is a real donation.  Not every 'withdrawal' you see is a withdrawal by the owner of that instawallet.

Looking at LadyBytes' second account:
http://blockexplorer.com/address/1J7T1xQk2mdEEb5wkP73EtXTox6vWvE7ML

There's a 1BTC "Sent" tx right before my 1.23 donation. Apparently it wasn't her. So what's going on?
rjk
Activity: 448
1ngldh
March 30, 2012, 09:38:19 AM
March 30, 2012, 09:37:56 AM

Maybe someone could ...

Please delete this quickly

Edit: fuck it. doesn't matter now. anyone with notify has it anyway.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014
Strength in numbers
March 30, 2012, 09:36:08 AM

Maybe someone could write a script that moves coin out of that wallet and to her?
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Bitbuy
March 30, 2012, 07:38:37 AM
staff
Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
March 30, 2012, 07:34:04 AM
Do you think that it can be a good idea to spam some photos ( with btc.to link ) on 4chan ?
March 30, 2012, 07:29:59 AM
Just thought of this... Who's going to start marketing Bitcoin to the makeup and beauty supply and women's clothing companies now that all the awesomely beautiful women are starting to earn bitcoin - and will eventually want to start spending them?
Activity: 812
March 30, 2012, 06:34:20 AM
by the way, i updated the payb.tc/ladybytes entry with her new address.
March 30, 2012, 06:16:31 AM
Can someone make a thing like the p2pool "patron_sendmany" that distributes a donation to all addresses in the GW tracker whose balance is below a user defined threshold.

Inputs: total donation, threshold, optional minimum payment
Output: {"address1": donation/n, "address2": donation/n, ... , "addressn": donation/n}
where address1 - addressn are all the girls addresses that have a balance of less than threshold.
If donation/n is less than minimum payment, then a random selection of enough addresses to just exceed minimum payment is used (this to avoid bitdust).

Bounty address could do this, after the original bounty is distributed, as an additional encouragement.

i'm pretty sure I can do this with in the next GW bounty. Sounds like a fucking GREAT contest.
March 30, 2012, 06:14:25 AM
btw: what about updating OP with the reddit link and a summary ?

Good call. This post has had me real busy.
Activity: 445
March 30, 2012, 06:14:17 AM
Can someone make a thing like the p2pool "patron_sendmany" that distributes a donation to all addresses in the GW tracker whose balance is below a user defined threshold.

Inputs: total donation, threshold, optional minimum payment
Output: {"address1": donation/n, "address2": donation/n, ... , "addressn": donation/n}
where address1 - addressn are all the girls addresses that have a balance of less than threshold.
If donation/n is less than minimum payment, then a random selection of enough addresses to just exceed minimum payment is used (this to avoid bitdust).

Bounty address could do this, after the original bounty is distributed, as an additional encouragement.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019
March 30, 2012, 06:02:12 AM
I added a post to the news on http://bitcoinx.com/charts

This thread is by far #1 in the top10 anyway.  Wink

btw: what about updating OP with the reddit link and a summary ?
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330
March 30, 2012, 05:48:31 AM

Every 'deposit' you see in blockexplorer is a real donation.  Not every 'withdrawal' you see is a withdrawal by the owner of that instawallet.
donator
Activity: 980
March 30, 2012, 04:51:21 AM
Code update! Now shows the exchange rated total

http://coinbus.com/GWTracker

code: http://sprunge.us/BTRj

donator
Activity: 2772
March 30, 2012, 04:03:21 AM
Hey if you made a script to track the scores, you should put it online auto-updating, then put a link on the reddit page so everyone can see.

Done! http://coinbus.com/GWTracker

Badass. Is it linked on the page somewhere? I dont' see it.

This does create an interesting phenomenon with public transactions. Everyone can see how much each girl makes - for better or worse. Now if someone has tons of coffee available and nothing else to do tonight, they should make a webpage, like a ladder of the girls. Something graphical, so that girls move up and down on the ladder and the top earners will be in the spotlight.

how about a greasemonkey script that runs on /r/girlsgonebitcoin?
donator
Activity: 2772
March 30, 2012, 04:01:57 AM
who ever stole ladybytes coins is a real douche.... Live and learn, now the instructions are updated hopefully it wont happen again. sending a coin to the bounty later. hoping to see someone write btc.to on themselves instead of paper. Smiley It looked like ladybyte wrote it on her hand in the youtube video she made but that doesnt could.

actually LadyBytes has a (hopefully non-permanent) tatoo with the btc/to address on her hand. can be seen in one of the shots.
Pages:
Jump to: