Pages:
Author

Topic: [NUD ₦ ] New Universal Dollar | Bcrypt | 0% Pre-mine | First Anonymous Crypto - page 19. (Read 127535 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
how many coins in circulation
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
Wow.  24 hr volume is at 22 BTC on Bittrex.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
There is a day to be born, and another to die
tor ar tri,this 3 new coins have all finished the anon feature,which nud want to finish but still not release.

Dev has already said that the anon feature has been released and is fully functional and surpasses any coins abilities in regards to anonymity, he has also said that he could further improve it. How is it "not finished"?

From OP:
(You need to install Tor yourself and turn your wallet into a hidden service)
But tor ar tri don't need to install Tor myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Great coin and DEV come here. Grin
Activity: 350
tor ar tri,this 3 new coins have all finished the anon feature,which nud want to finish but still not release.

Dev has already said that the anon feature has been released and is fully functional and surpasses any coins abilities in regards to anonymity, he has also said that he could further improve it. How is it "not finished"?
Activity: 336
There is a day to be born, and another to die

I also think that DEV's progress is too slow and DEV too inactive Undecided
Activity: 462
On a different note, where in the hell are all these massive NUD dumps coming from?  It's nice to be able to grow my stash relatively cheaply but damn.  I'd say botnet but lack of an external miner suggests otherwise.  Although anyone clever enough to operate a botnet may have an external miner they aren't sharing.  Someone must have access to some servers free or very cheap and they are making a killing dumping even at these prices.  One of the downsides to CPU only coins is issues such as this.  But then you have massive ASIC and GPU farms and rumors of x11, x13, x whatever FPGAs, no matter what system you choose someone will find a way to abuse it and monopolize as much control over a coin as possible.

Yet another reason to put an emphasize on the need for an external miner and pools.  It will help mitigate these issues my putting more control back into the hands of a larger base of community members.

I pledged something toward that bounty.....can't remember what.  I think 500 NUD but I will try scraping up some extra BTC as well.  Will return and post on the official NUD forum to lock myself into something.
Now all we need - as someone so delicately put it - is a new "sophisticated logo".
Dev, it is time to divert a little bit of your technical efforts into marketing efforts Smiley

We decided to change the logo, it"ll take some time because we want it to be perfect, in the meanwhile we removed the old one and instead put an image header from the new site I've been working on.

Further cleaned the OP as well, I'm sure you all will like it better now.

New ANN page looking nice.  Very clean.  Yes, a logo change is certainly a good idea.  The edison thing was fine for a while, but at a certain point it seems a bit silly and people get distracted.  They would rather know why edison is in the logo than ask about the coin.  Keep up the good work!
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
good job, keep going and try to be more positive.
Activity: 48
Now all we need - as someone so delicately put it - is a new "sophisticated logo".
Dev, it is time to divert a little bit of your technical efforts into marketing efforts Smiley

We decided to change the logo, it"ll take some time because we want it to be perfect, in the meanwhile we removed the old one and instead put an image header from the new site I've been working on.

Further cleaned the OP as well, I'm sure you all will like it better now.

As stated before, if there is enough interest in the community, I would be available to contribute towards a coin which works in favour of the community still left. I would do so no matter if the "dev" decides to abandon his release or not. Using the already existing blockchain(s). After all, we have almost everything needed: a network with nodes, helpful people on the forum, a source code repository, and ideas to move forward. After all, this is a cryptocurrency, and not a centralized service like PayPal. So even if the "dev" decides to act like a prima donna just because not everybody likes to lick his boots, and provides the community with yet another "fuck yourself", cryptography protects our investments.

To be clear: Some people like to play down my comments, stating that I would not like the "dev". I do not even know the "dev". I like some things he did. I don't like other things he did. I'm just doing my best to be objective in presence of controversial decisions I see.

To be more clear: I think creating a clonecoin is a stupid idea. Those who read the earlier posts know that I even found the "dev" creating a clone blockchain to be a stupid idea. But we don't need a third blockchain on the same codebase. So I would hope that those thinking about creating a clonecoin would rather join forces with a possible community effort we may create. By working together, we have a much higher chance of being competitive.

Awesome, we have all those things, the NUD "devs" are here, you have stated a clonecoin is stupid, so you collaborate and contribute to development, or continue harping on what is a moot point because you have a vague notion something is amiss but can't explain how or why exactly.
That's great, and I want to help with a bounty toward an external miner (.1 BTC), but keeping the bounty list on an external site will limit exposure.  Why not put it in the OP?s

Done, added you to the committed list.
It's also time to increase the attention to our own forum, I"ll add the link to the OP.
NUD
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
I agree. If the "dev" implemented scrypt as the sole algorithm that allows mining in the beginning, then it's weird to call those who also figure it out and try to also get some coins "scammers". I fully understand if the "dev" is upset considering that it may have costed him quite some coins to have someone post the scrypt thing publicly. But calling it "scamming"? If at all, then releasing a coin and advertising a wrong algorithm could be considered "scamming".

Anyway, there are still people left who did not let themselves scare away by the shady actions early on. I would be glad if the "dev" would also see the community thing more positively. I doubt that any one of the early miners who found the coin through this forum thread had anything bad in mind when they decided that they would not want to leave all the early mining to the "dev" team.

I understand that starting a new chain and meddling with the balances can be frustrating for the users and it is not in my intention to do it ever again as it goes against the whole premise of cryptocurrencies, but given the situation damage control was needed and the logical choice to go with the least damaging path was chosen. Everyone had the freedom to chose between the new chain and the old chain so the proof is that the old chain is non-existent. As far as I know there is but 1 hardfork ahead of us for the new blockchain, other than that no one will be required to update, we will release the update on the network in a proper manner.

It was implied that a lot of scamming took place in the early days of the coin, my point was that the scrypt miners would be "scammers" before I would be a "scammer" since I have no coins in the old chain. Guess I should convey my points more clearly in the future.
Activity: 245
And what about a GPU miner? Is not possible?

Possible but no plans for the near future.
Maybe it"ll be implemented a few years down the road, even then it wouldn't be a whole lot more efficient than CPU.

I guess when we have stratum running and a cpuminer available it takes a few weeks before we see some gpu implementations. I cannot say much about efficiency.. The only thing i know about bcrypt that it isnt GPU friendly because of the amount of memory the algo uses but there are some smart coders on this board.
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
I'm pretty glad to see those clones, makes us proud that our work is deemed copy worthy  Smiley

As a community, especially the enthusiasts who want to fork the coin, why not help us with moving the coin forward instead?

We have lots of new features planned, a smaller blockchain is a huge one for example, meanwhile you could work on the miners and help us get this coin to where it belongs - on top.

We will not offer bounties because the little money we do have is going to further development. Each donation is greatly appreciated and would help us a lot - Thanks for everyone that already donated.

Not a skilled programmer? you could still help out by committing to a bounty - I've made a thread for the external miner and will keep track of everything.
Please commit here or PM me and I"ll keep track on our forum
s @ http://nud.fi/forums/index.php?topic=18.0

Please be patient and bare with us - "It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness".

That's great, and I want to help with a bounty toward an external miner (.1 BTC), but keeping the bounty list on an external site will limit exposure.  Why not put it in the OP?s

And can we keep the racist name-callling to a minimum?  That's just garbage.

Possible but no plans for the near future.
Maybe it"ll be implemented down the road but even then it wouldn't be a whole lot more efficient than CPU.
Activity: 406
I'm pretty glad to see those clones, makes us proud that our work is deemed copy worthy  Smiley

As a community, especially the enthusiasts who want to fork the coin, why not help us with moving the coin forward instead?

We have lots of new features planned, a smaller blockchain is a huge one for example, meanwhile you could work on the miners and help us get this coin to where it belongs - on top.

We will not offer bounties because the little money we do have is going to further development. Each donation is greatly appreciated and would help us a lot - Thanks for everyone that already donated.

Not a skilled programmer? you could still help out by committing to a bounty - I've made a thread for the external miner and will keep track of everything.
Please commit here or PM me and I"ll keep track on our forum
s @ http://nud.fi/forums/index.php?topic=18.0

Please be patient and bare with us - "It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness".
Activity: 170
Merit: 100
Well, considering that you probably also hold some NUD, I understand that you may think that it is best to mute me so no one looking into this thread will become aware of the scams that were ran using NUD. But a good altcoin doesn't need such tactics. We can work together to create an altcoin community which is actually perceived as a benefit by all involved parties, with no exchanges being scammed, no one noticing that his coins are gone, etc.

It is not rocket science to run a coin in a reasonable way. But it requires the dedication to actually do so.

No one is denying the fact that scams were ran on NUD by scrypt miners exploiting a bug in the early release, thus it was decided upon that the "scammers" will be rewarded 10% of their scrypt mined coins for their contirbution to the network for revealing the bug. If you don't think that the decision was just you can freely open your own thread and start a fork, I very much doubt that you'd get a lot of followers that are willing to sabotage the well-being of the network in exchange for their unjustly mined NUD.

The decision was made in such a manner as to upset the least miners, had we not reduced the fraudulently mined coins to 10% people would claim that I abused the bug to mine coins for myself (e.g. a premine).

Where there is original innovation there will always be bugs present, if you don't like that you might want to invest into some clonecoin.

Referring to the coins mined in the first few days as "fraudulently mined coins" is rather disingenuous.  They were mined by the ONLY means with which it was possible to mine them, because of a bug.  Nobody is perfect, you said you made an honest mistake, that Scrypt being enabled was a bug.  But, the network continued and until you announced the hard fork it wasn't exactly clear what was going to happen with the coin.  You might say those who continued to mine kept the faith and kept the coin alive whilst you came up with a game plan.  Most people, some begrudgingly at first (myself included), accepted the 10% exchange and moved on from that initial hiccup.

I would posit that most of the post-fork Bcrypt network comprised the same miners who mined NUD initially with Scrypt, certainly that's the case for myself.  If those who mined in the first few days ALL turned away, muttered scam and stopped mining then we probably wouldn't have an active network now.  I understand that you're short and impatient with FUDsters but referring to loyal day 1 miners as fraudsters and scammers is hardly endearing.  Shocked

I agree. If the "dev" implemented scrypt as the sole algorithm that allows mining in the beginning, then it's weird to call those who also figure it out and try to also get some coins "scammers". I fully understand if the "dev" is upset considering that it may have costed him quite some coins to have someone post the scrypt thing publicly. But calling it "scamming"? If at all, then releasing a coin and advertising a wrong algorithm could be considered "scamming".

Anyway, there are still people left who did not let themselves scare away by the shady actions early on. I would be glad if the "dev" would also see the community thing more positively. I doubt that any one of the early miners who found the coin through this forum thread had anything bad in mind when they decided that they would not want to leave all the early mining to the "dev" team.
Activity: 245
To be more clear: I think creating a clonecoin is a stupid idea. Those who read the earlier posts know that I even found the "dev" creating a clone blockchain to be a stupid idea. But we don't need a third blockchain on the same codebase. So I would hope that those thinking about creating a clonecoin would rather join forces with a possible community effort we may create. By working together, we have a much higher chance of being competitive.

Great! So lets join forces on this coin instead of pointing fingers. The dev stated before he dont have much resources available so if we help with additional fixes and expending the infrastructure we all benefit on the running codebase.

Myself did some research the last hour on pool software and implementing the bcrypt hash shouldn't be a big hurdle. I know that i will have more problems implementing the hash into cpuminer so if someone can start looking into that? After next weekend i will be back in my office and have my tools and a proper connection available so i can start testing\building the pool..
Pages:
Jump to: