Author

Topic: NULL - page 174. (Read 456104 times)

Activity: 1484
Merit: 101
November 06, 2017, 01:07:56 AM
I hope this year's price can reach at least $ 10, Monaco is a good project so it becomes hope to get profit for the long term.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
November 05, 2017, 10:10:45 PM
If Kris decided to bring back Smart contract, or propose wit better idea, the price could easily shoot to USD500M market cap at least.
Activity: 204
Merit: 20
November 05, 2017, 08:06:51 PM
is there a reason to this dump ? or it's just because of btc ?
It's because the asset contract got removed, which promised to share profits with investors.

any news about that ? no word from kris?
Activity: 1358
Merit: 834
November 05, 2017, 04:30:16 PM
It's because the asset contract got removed, which promised to share profits with investors.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 340
November 05, 2017, 04:28:24 PM
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
November 05, 2017, 08:24:02 AM
Even they will do workaround, they did something shady and there's a chance, they will do it again. This is not the right way of building trust for project.
Activity: 252
November 05, 2017, 07:48:47 AM
They dont have Visa license, but they have regular promises..
This guys have 2/3 of all tokens, which was unfrozen by smartcontract in September, and now selling their tokens...

Nope, this is the address of the majority holder.
And he is not selling it .
The perc is the same since its very 1st day
https://etherscan.io/token/Monaco?a=0xf9a5e0436c01cc15708449e480fa5f2d6a5b55ca
Dont try to FUD
Activity: 350
November 05, 2017, 05:42:52 AM
This guys have 2/3 of all tokens, which was unfrozen by smartcontract in September, and now selling their tokens...

What are you talking about? Visa already approved monaco as program manager

You're right, monaco already approved by visa. The team already gave announcement a week ago. You also can find  information about visa approval on monaco website on FAQ menu. Here it's : https://mona.co/faq
Activity: 270
November 05, 2017, 05:26:47 AM

What are you talking about? Visa already approved monaco as program manager
Activity: 168
November 05, 2017, 05:14:02 AM
Activity: 334
November 05, 2017, 05:10:41 AM
I was a long time ago a mco token holder, or did anyone finally get the promised black monaco payment cards?  Cool Cool Cool

I think all people still not received yet monaco card, because monaco team said that they will refrain from providing exact dates of when cards are going to ship, as a substantial testing is required in closed beta, before the platform is open to public.

I have become more and more convinced that ICO market needed some regulation, order, changes. Team collect big amount of money and don`t want to follow simple milestones. Show me some other area in software development, where you can do what you want, without any strictly stated day of reporting. If ICO like Monaco for example would have received payment from their fund for some finished part of work, without a doubt, their card would have been in circulation.

And this is why many big investors are not interested to play with that. Serious people are coming with serious many and what they see are stories like Monaco. With such amount of money from ICO I wouldn't be surprised to see the guys taking couple of months of holidays hence the delays (too much success Grin) The regulation is indeed key to success and stable growth .
Activity: 1358
Merit: 834
November 04, 2017, 08:33:06 PM

I'm 100% with you on this one and I've been just as upset when I heard the announcement. But I'm still willing to wait and see if they are going to address this anytime soon. Kris already stated that they are looking for a replacement of the asset contract that doesn't conflict with laws. Doesn't make it any better than they even tried to get rid off it without offering even an "ongoing attempt" at a replacement in the first place though....

The solution is very simple, and Kris knows it, instead of putting the 1% in the asset contract, just buy MCO tokens with them and burn them, that reduces supply and puts exactly the save added value to each token. It's a simple solution that doesn't make it a security at all, and is employed by many ICOs. The decision to scrap the asset contract was simply to increase the profits of Monaco company itself without considering MCO holders. It is not a coincidence that they announced the scrapping of the asset contract exactly at the same time as the VISA deal, hoping it will just fly under the radar.

But that's the danger of investing in an ICO, they are not legally obliged to offer any value to MCO holders. the token can go to 1 cent and the Monaco can still be successful and bring a lot of money to the devs, but nothing to the token holders, that applies to any ICO.
The amount of tokens is not high and they need them for global expansion,imagine hundred thousands custumers will lock each 50 mco up in certain time period,circulating amount will deeply fall down and the mco price will launch so high that becomes unattractive for next folks standing in line waiting to order their cards.This is one of the marketing problems.The mco price has to be not too expensive,not too many people now are ready to freeze thousand $$$ for 6 months even for the best world cryptocard. Otherwise they need to correct mco lockup amount with the current exchange price to make it stable.But Mco team must find the way to reward mco token holders.if asset contract is not possible may be some bonuses,privelleges Im sure they'll find the way to make us happy  Wink

We don't need any special bonuses. If Monaco will succeed MCO value will reflect that success. Period. Kris choice to burn contract asset thing was the best thing it could do to assure Monaco legality all over the world.
No it wasn't. It was either a lazy or a shady move, one of the both. There's always a workaround as can be seen with other crypto card projects that distribute fees to investors like promised. The fact that they have started backpedaling on this already shows that there are options even for them. They just didn't want to work for it because it meant billions of extra profits for the company.
Activity: 350
November 04, 2017, 07:47:53 PM
Do you have the bounty program?

This ico ended some month ago so you are too late. But if you still interested with mco coin you can buy this coin on bittrex, binance or other exchange that you can see on coinmarketcap
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
November 04, 2017, 07:18:45 PM
Do you have the bounty program?
Activity: 6
November 04, 2017, 06:16:52 PM
So they got rid of the asset contract because they don't want it to be a security. Saying exchanges will delist securities. What exactly is a security in crypto terms? Because there are a lot of coins who give some sort of dividend.
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
November 04, 2017, 05:26:28 PM
I was a long time ago a mco token holder, or did anyone finally get the promised black monaco payment cards?  Cool Cool Cool

I think all people still not received yet monaco card, because monaco team said that they will refrain from providing exact dates of when cards are going to ship, as a substantial testing is required in closed beta, before the platform is open to public.

I have become more and more convinced that ICO market needed some regulation, order, changes. Team collect big amount of money and don`t want to follow simple milestones. Show me some other area in software development, where you can do what you want, without any strictly stated day of reporting. If ICO like Monaco for example would have received payment from their fund for some finished part of work, without a doubt, their card would have been in circulation.
Activity: 27
November 04, 2017, 03:09:35 PM
Need Chinese translation
Activity: 392
Multiversum
November 04, 2017, 01:52:00 PM
"A code rewrite with the Monaco token, removing its asset smart contract scheme has seen the coin’s value plunge, leading to a loss of trust among investors as they move away.
At the end of October, the Monaco token was trading around $10.51, with a market cap of $103 million. However, on the 2nd November, it had plunged to $4.75, pushing its value down to $46.6 million, according to CoinMarketCap.
This was despite the fact that Monaco had announced that it is teaming up with Visa for a Monaco Visa prepaid card."

Seen at: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/monaco-token-price-drops-in-value-by-18-in-seven-days/

And?
Activity: 434
Merit: 255
November 04, 2017, 01:46:59 PM
"A code rewrite with the Monaco token, removing its asset smart contract scheme has seen the coin’s value plunge, leading to a loss of trust among investors as they move away.
At the end of October, the Monaco token was trading around $10.51, with a market cap of $103 million. However, on the 2nd November, it had plunged to $4.75, pushing its value down to $46.6 million, according to CoinMarketCap.
This was despite the fact that Monaco had announced that it is teaming up with Visa for a Monaco Visa prepaid card."

Seen at: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/monaco-token-price-drops-in-value-by-18-in-seven-days/
Activity: 392
Multiversum
November 04, 2017, 01:46:30 PM

I'm 100% with you on this one and I've been just as upset when I heard the announcement. But I'm still willing to wait and see if they are going to address this anytime soon. Kris already stated that they are looking for a replacement of the asset contract that doesn't conflict with laws. Doesn't make it any better than they even tried to get rid off it without offering even an "ongoing attempt" at a replacement in the first place though....

The solution is very simple, and Kris knows it, instead of putting the 1% in the asset contract, just buy MCO tokens with them and burn them, that reduces supply and puts exactly the save added value to each token. It's a simple solution that doesn't make it a security at all, and is employed by many ICOs. The decision to scrap the asset contract was simply to increase the profits of Monaco company itself without considering MCO holders. It is not a coincidence that they announced the scrapping of the asset contract exactly at the same time as the VISA deal, hoping it will just fly under the radar.

But that's the danger of investing in an ICO, they are not legally obliged to offer any value to MCO holders. the token can go to 1 cent and the Monaco can still be successful and bring a lot of money to the devs, but nothing to the token holders, that applies to any ICO.
The amount of tokens is not high and they need them for global expansion,imagine hundred thousands custumers will lock each 50 mco up in certain time period,circulating amount will deeply fall down and the mco price will launch so high that becomes unattractive for next folks standing in line waiting to order their cards.This is one of the marketing problems.The mco price has to be not too expensive,not too many people now are ready to freeze thousand $$$ for 6 months even for the best world cryptocard. Otherwise they need to correct mco lockup amount with the current exchange price to make it stable.But Mco team must find the way to reward mco token holders.if asset contract is not possible may be some bonuses,privelleges Im sure they'll find the way to make us happy  Wink

We don't need any special bonuses. If Monaco will succeed MCO value will reflect that success. Period. Kris choice to burn contract asset thing was the best thing it could do to assure Monaco legality all over the world.
Jump to: