Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 173. (Read 941260 times)

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

i don't see information about forging
who does it work ?

i have 2753 nxt  sins 2 weeks  forging enable   but no information about it
how long does it take for a reward ?  does i have enought nxt ?

No, try this: https://www.mynxt.info/forging_calculator.php

Forging doesn't even pay the electricity bill right now. It's main use is helping secure the network.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
There are hundreds of innovative DApps being developed for ETH.

For NXT, not so much.

Where could I see the list?
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

why not buy xmr and nxt ?

both are good coins, both are high risk of failure, reward if successful will be massive - only an idiot would buy one instead of both

I just don't get coin zealots at all

Mostly because Monero only has one feature, anonymity.  Nxt shuffling is just one of a dozen features.

That's right.  Monero does one thing better than anyone else, while NXT violates the KISS principle and fails at a dozen different useless "features."

But it's not Monero NXT bagholders should be worried about.  Turing-complete ETH is the real NXT killer (if NXT isn't already dead).
eth can probably do new features pretty easily with msft azure. But consensus protocol still remains mystery.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
[...]
Turning-complete ETH is the real NXT killer (if NXT isn't already dead).

Yes, iCEBREAKER, "turning-complete" as in you are turning into a complete yobbo  Grin

Agree Ethereum and Nxt are both top-notch, whereas Monero can do just one thing.

There are hundreds of innovative DApps being developed for ETH.

For NXT, not so much.
legendary
Somebody is playing naughty/hilarious games with NXT's difficulty, by driving it up sky-high and then removing their support, which causes a massive delay before the next block is found.  It's the equivalent of a market-based pump and dump, but at the protocol level.

Where have you pulled this from?  Shocked

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002
[...]
Turning-complete ETH is the real NXT killer (if NXT isn't already dead).

Yes, iCEBREAKER, "turning-complete" as in you are turning into a complete yobbo  Grin

Agree Ethereum and Nxt are both top-notch, whereas Monero can do just one thing.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

both are good coins, both are high risk of failure, reward if successful will be massive - only an idiot would buy one instead of both

Mostly because Monero only has one feature, anonymity.  Nxt shuffling is just one of a dozen features.

That's right.  Monero does one thing better than anyone else, while NXT violates the KISS principle and fails at a dozen different useless "features."

But it's not Monero NXT bagholders should be worried about.  Turning-complete ETH is the real NXT killer (if NXT isn't already dead).

And yet Nxt still has a higher marketcap......interesting.
legendary
who does it work ?

Somebody is playing naughty/hilarious games with NXT's difficulty, by driving it up sky-high and then removing their support, which causes a massive delay before the next block is found.  It's the equivalent of a market-based pump and dump, but at the protocol level.

That's a typical problem for abandoned crypto projects.  For all NXT's shameless self-promotion as The Next Big Thing, it didn't solve that very basic issue.
legendary
Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003
who does it work ?

legendary

Mostly because Monero only has one feature, anonymity.  Nxt shuffling is just one of a dozen features.

That's right.  Monero does one thing better than anyone else, while NXT violates the KISS principle and fails at a dozen different useless "features."

But it's not Monero NXT bagholders should be worried about.  Turing-complete ETH is the real NXT killer (if NXT isn't already dead).
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

Mostly because Monero only has one feature, anonymity.  Nxt shuffling is just one of a dozen features.
legendary
You are confusing stealth addresses and ring signatures.  Cryptonote (EG Monero) uses both.

Unlike NXT, Cryptonote does not use coinshuffle.

Coinshuffle needs proportional concomitant volume to effectively mix amounts larger than dust; Cryptonote does not.

I don't confuse, I'm talking about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring_signature.
legendary
Doesn't matter; if you're not mixing using protocol-level ring signatures, you're at the mercy of the coin's volume in terms of camouflage.

Ring signatures approach has the very same problem, doesn't it? It's just disguised in a manner similar to anonymity problem of Bitcoin where majority delusionally think that new address for each transfer somehow make you anonymous.

You are confusing stealth addresses and ring signatures.  Cryptonote (EG Monero) uses both.

Unlike NXT, Cryptonote does not use coinshuffle.

Coinshuffle needs proportional concomitant volume to effectively mix amounts larger than dust; Cryptonote does not.
legendary
Doesn't matter; if you're not mixing using protocol-level ring signatures, you're at the mercy of the coin's volume in terms of camouflage.

Ring signatures approach has the very same problem, doesn't it? It's just disguised in a manner similar to anonymity problem of Bitcoin where majority delusionally think that new address for each transfer somehow make you anonymous.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
legendary
NXT uses ad hoc coinjoin
This statement is false.
so tx are only mixed with whatever (if any) other tx are provided at the moment by intermittent volume.
This is also false. There is no mixing of transactions. Transaction volume at the time of shuffling makes no difference.

As usual, the troll is spreading misinformation without having checked the facts.

Fine:

NXT uses ad hoc coinshuffle.

Happy now?

Good.

Unless you are one of the very few people that already own a bunch of NXT, you'd have to buy a bunch in order to benefit from the mixer.

Since nobody else is buying NXT, you would stick out like a red flag.  Which defeats the original goal of discretion.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
Yeah, iCE.
If I was butthurt about anything Monero related: I'd probably spend my time posting in Monero threads about how crappy it is...... Cheesy

Activity: 392
NXT uses ad hoc coinjoin
This statement is false.
so tx are only mixed with whatever (if any) other tx are provided at the moment by intermittent volume.
This is also false. There is no mixing of transactions. Transaction volume at the time of shuffling makes no difference.

As usual, the troll is spreading misinformation without having checked the facts.
Activity: 405
Monero uses ring signatures at the protocol level, so regardless of daily volume, tx are mixed among all the XMR that have ever moved.

NXT uses ad hoc coinjoin, so tx are only mixed with whatever (if any) other tx are provided at the moment by intermittent volume.

Ah-ha, so Moneros low volume isn't a problem but Nxts is ?
Feels like you're clutching at straws now, iCE.

(BTW: the accepted definition of a liquid market is 1% of market cap traded per day.....so both NXT and Monero have pretty much the same level of liquidity: 50-75% of that 1%/day target)

Correct.  Monero's low volume isn't a problem but Nxt's is.  That's exactly right.

I already explained why protocol-level ring signatures don't require high daily volume to be effective.

You are just butthurt NXT's shitty ad hoc mixer requires more liquidity than currently available to be worth using.

Enjoy your chicken-and-egg paradox!   Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002
[...]  Monero's low volume [...]

Wow, what happened - did you stop playing with yourself iCY?  Grin

Oh and back on topic: you should do more research.
Jump to: