Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 195. (Read 941260 times)

tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
The Greeks should be informed about this project   Cool Currently, it seems they are buying mostly Bitcoins and Litecoins when I take a look at the price charts^^

Drachmae project (which works with NXT via NXT2PAY platform) and NXT mentioned in the Daily Express.

http://www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/587781/Greece-holiday-cash-credit-card-advice-tourism-beach
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
Drachmae project (which works with NXT via NXT2PAY platform) and NXT mentioned in the Daily Express.

http://www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/587781/Greece-holiday-cash-credit-card-advice-tourism-beach
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
I thought the price of nxt might be under pressure but its not the case. So maybe TaunSew you checked the btc nxt exchange rates? You know, when bitcoin price is rising then its normal that nxt is worth less btc. Btc are simply worth more fiat then.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
I feel for you, TS.
Let's all hold hands and send TS our love in this difficult time for him.
Activity: 756
Merit: 506
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
For those not following the Supernet thread closely, this is an important message fron jl777. Bold is mine.

I'd like to know which supernet dev built the cryptocircuits wallet. That has got to be one of the sickest wallets I have ever seen. Whoever you are you did a great job.

Yeah I'd like to know too who thought it would be a good idea to put a web browser inside a wallet.

PS. Bob is just trying to pump the coin where he bought into his own ICO.
why do people keep linking this cryptocircuits to SuperNET?
I have no idea about anything cryptocircuits and SuperNET has nothing to do with it

James
Rumor has it that a supernet dev is part of the circuits dev team. Dont know how it started or who started it but that's word on the crypto block. Either way, the wallet is sick.  It's also not just the webview in the wallet. Its the 1st webview I've seen with audio and video capabilities. It also has a combination of unlocking panels which also unolck a bonus stake, also a 1st in crypto.

@illodin Instead of hating maybe you should check it out. Download the wallet, it costs nothing.
since anybody can start a rumor without any basis, there have been many projects that claimed some sort of SuperNET involvement without any basis. Even some fairly prominent ones.

With almost 800 in the SuperNET community and the stretching of the definition of "dev", it is possible for someone to signup in the SuperNET slack and then create an artificial association.

However, I can categorically state that no SuperNET core dev is involved with cryptocircuits. I make no assessment of this cryptocircuits as I havent event looked at it, but if they are actively spreading this sort of rumor, then you can make your own conclusions about this. Why doesnt the cryptocircuits make an official statement about non-involvement of a SuperNET dev? or disclose which person they are claiming is a SuperNET dev.

James
tyz
legendary
Confirmed! I have got my weekly NSCs again . Great program,  keep it up !  Smiley

Activity: 600
Merit: 500
Nxt-kit developer
tyz
legendary
it is coming around with coin shuffling feature. Last plan i read at nxtforum.org was verison 1.6.

when is nxt anonymity feature coming out and how does it work? any ideas yet?
legendary
it is very easy. the alias solution is max. simple and solid and it has zero side effects on trading.
for the issuer it means just ~20 lines of additional code, that's it. skynet for instance will support this
divi solution later just by traversing the shareholders list, scanning for a divi alias. if found, it is used,
if not, a standard nxt payment is made.

however, multigateway is good too.

Ok, then lets speak a bit more about that json. Im not so much into nxt that i know already what its about.

The json is a action directive that gets triggered when paying out divs?

So lets assume you implement the json, then you can have your bitcoins in your own wallet and how would you send out divs then? The shareholders could get their divs as real btc in their own wallets. Not btc tokens?

Im sorry but im very new to nxt and i did not understand the system so well.

the json example is, as mentioned, a more advanced solution where additional logic could be added but
let's stick with the simple and effective alias path.

you asked (for good reasons) for the possibilities to pay dividends in BTC instead nxt.
here is how skynet will handle this as soon divis and amount reaches an uncomfortable book threshold.

what the issuer do:

1. announcing to support additional currency divi support to shareholders and defining alias syntax (like below)

what the shareholder do:

1. register an alias e.g. sky2btc1...[1] with account holding the shares (duration: 10 sec. | costs: 1 cent one time)

that's it. nothing more todo. this has also an interesting effect. since this is a free decision, the shareholders are
voting with this alias bridge for constant buy pressure on NXT (due to conversion) or not.

issuer divi payment flow is very simple also:

1. api call for all shareholders and traversing shareholders alias for above mentioned alias prefix (sky2btc)
2. pipe divi payments to alias BTC address (real BTC) if found or NXT as usual if not

[1] since aliases are unique, a random sequence has to added at the tail.

Thank you for your answer. I found that SkyNET is a private project. Its not possible that it steals something?

Then, this solution would mean that the issuer would have to have both, bitcoins and nxt in their account. Though maybe shareholders would mostly switch to btc, so that only a small amount of nxt would be needed.

Im really a noob to nxt. So the issuer handles its security on a website and the shareholders have the jwallet or so, where they hold their shares. If the issuer wants to spread divs then he buys btc on an exchange, then he needs to bring the coins into the nxt system, otherwise they cant be spread. Then he starts the payout process.

Is this correct so far? If someone would set up this for a noob issuer that doesnt have the time to learn everything, then this might be a solution. Issuer then wouldnt have much to do anymore.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
Doesn't that duplicate some of the functionality going into SuperNET?
Activity: 574

Coin-shuffling?

*checks OP of https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/nxt-development-discussion-the-dev-plan-that-keeps-on-delivering-831202*

It is due for the next version, NRS v.1.6, the last I heard.

Info can be found here...
https://nxtforum.org/monetary-system/ms-coin-for-shuffling-nxt/
And...
https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt/issue/135

It is based around a shufflable MSCurrency, you buy the shufflable coin, it gets shuffled, then you sell back for Nxt (AFAIK, I might be out of date). I guess whichever shufflable coin has the biggest volume first will have more to shuffle, therefore more anonymity? Don't quote me  Grin

Activity: 597
it is very easy. the alias solution is max. simple and solid and it has zero side effects on trading.
for the issuer it means just ~20 lines of additional code, that's it. skynet for instance will support this
divi solution later just by traversing the shareholders list, scanning for a divi alias. if found, it is used,

Ok, then lets speak a bit more about that json. Im not so much into nxt that i know already what its about.

So lets assume you implement the json, then you can have your bitcoins in your own wallet and how would you send out divs then? The shareholders could get their divs as real btc in their own wallets. Not btc tokens?

the json example is, as mentioned, a more advanced solution where additional logic could be added but
let's stick with the simple and effective alias path.

you asked (for good reasons) for the possibilities to pay dividends in BTC instead nxt.
here is how skynet will handle this as soon divis and amount reaches an uncomfortable book threshold.

what the issuer do:

1. announcing to support additional currency divi support to shareholders and defining alias syntax (like below)

what the shareholder do:

1. register an alias e.g. sky2btc1...[1] with account holding the shares (duration: 10 sec. | costs: 1 cent one time)

that's it. nothing more todo. this has also an interesting effect. since this is a free decision, the shareholders are
voting with this alias bridge for constant buy pressure on NXT (due to conversion) or not.

issuer divi payment flow is very simple also:

1. api call for all shareholders and traversing shareholders alias for above mentioned alias prefix (sky2btc)
2. pipe divi payments to alias BTC address (real BTC) if found or NXT as usual if not

[1] since aliases are unique, a random sequence has to added at the tail.
Activity: 350
Merit: 252
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Can't the SAE work for this? Any Nxt user can go to secureae.com, click Sign In, Nxt Client Login, login with the secret phrase and click the Deposit BTC link, where you will be assigned a permanent BTC address for that Nxt account.

Any BTC deposits to that BTC address will be exchanged for you by the SAE and the nxt will appear in your Nxt account.

I'm not sure what the SAE fees are.
legendary

legendary
Its called multigateway and the backing is 100%. Its a multisignature setup managed by superNET. You can find out more here: https://multigateway.org/

So its this site. The bitcoin token are not part of the nxt network itself, like it is with bitmarket? but the advantage is that you can buy nxt without crashing the market. Right?

perhaps this is another, simple and solid solution for external divi payments.

shareholder register an alias pointing to a BTC address for dividends.
no need for tracking ownership now. query the standard api for shareholders
as usual when divis are triggered and pay out directly in BTC to the alias target.

target address can be modified also if needed. this approach can be used
to handle any coin for any divis. alias could be like this: divi2btc1... or divi2ltc1...

would cost one time 1 cent for a schareholder but it's worth and very flexible.

ps: an divi2nxt... could be use to redirect divi payments into a cold storage for instance.

Thank you for your tip but i think that will be too complicated for the issuer i have in mind. For the first things shareholders would need to act, which would make trading these shares a bit more complicated. And the issuer is no man who wants to invest much time unfortunately.

I wonder if nxt would have a problem when div payments are sent with btc, not with nxt.

For now it sounds like that multigateway is the easiest way. But still. It would involve another step. Exchanging fiat to btc and then to nxt, then pay out divs.

Hm... would be great it nxt would be as easy to use as one might imagine it. Wink
here is another, more complex solution.

send a plain text message to yourself, containing a 'action directive' json.
(this is not a valid json, just to show what i mean)

{

{
      asset: skynet
      action: { split: curr }
      accounts: {

{ curr: btc, acc: 1234567, pct: 50 }
         { curr: nxt, acc: 1234567, pct: 25 }
         { curr: ltc, acc: 1234567, pct: 25 }

}

}

{
      asset: supernet
      action: { split: acc, pct: equal }
      curr: btc
      accounts: {

{  1234567, 345678, 4567890 }

}

}
}

this way nxt could add complex but easy divi handling on user side.
a client plugin could provide this for the shareholder while asset
issuers could read it to handle directives without tracking issues.

just an idea. however, i am sure nxt needs something like this sooner
or later. a handfull succesfull assets, generating revenue streams
outside crypto (fiat) could run quickly into conversion/book draining
problems.
perhaps this is another, simple and solid solution for external divi payments.

shareholder register an alias pointing to a BTC address for dividends.
no need for tracking ownership now. query the standard api for shareholders
as usual when divis are triggered and pay out directly in BTC to the alias target.

target address can be modified also if needed. this approach can be used
to handle any coin for any divis. alias could be like this: divi2btc1... or divi2ltc1...

would cost one time 1 cent for a schareholder but it's worth and very flexible.

ps: an divi2nxt... could be use to redirect divi payments into a cold storage for instance.
Jump to: