Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 205. (Read 941260 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
How does NXT benefit from the torrent client plugin?

Incresed fees, possibly demand too, is the main benefit. As I understand it, the torrents are based on prunable data. They stay around for an initial period (2weeks is the default I think) but if you or anyone else wants the data to persists, you pay another fee(s).

I've not looked into it detail but that is the basic idea

So you pay a fee to upload data to the NXT blockchain which is retrievable by anyone via a torrent?  Is that how Torrentcoin works too?

I can't say anything definitive as I don't know the details. You could try in the threads I posted above, they might even work differently to each other. I don't know anything about torrentcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
Don't forget! Mind the Gap panel with kusthi is this afternoon!

http://www.mindthegapexpo.com/expos/inv2
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

Incresed fees, possibly demand too, is the main benefit. As I understand it, the torrents are based on prunable data. They stay around for an initial period (2weeks is the default I think) but if you or anyone else wants the data to persists, you pay another fee(s).

So you pay a fee to upload data to the NXT blockchain which is retrievable by anyone via a torrent?  Is that how Torrentcoin works too?

I dont see demand for it if you have to pay fees to upload... it should be other way around.. but its to stop bloat.. however if its prunable perhaps it should be free to add and donation tips or fee to download or use.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

So you pay a fee to upload data to the NXT blockchain which is retrievable by anyone via a torrent?  Is that how Torrentcoin works too?

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
when is the torrent client released?

I missed this one
https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/(preview)-torrents-plugin/

Seems a version was released for testing a couple of days ago  Grin
thanks for reply I have been holding nxt for years now very impressed with development

You're welcome. I think any torrents will be released as an optional plug-in for the client. That way, those that don't want to be involved with torrents don't have to be but can still use Nxt (like they can object to torrents now but still are happy to use the internet that torrents run on). 
Activity: 784
thanks for reply I have been holding nxt for years now very impressed with development
Will be on the panel tomorrow @ Mind the Gap online conference Smiley

On the 5th of May 2015  14:30 GMT the financial and the crypto community will gather online to network, exchange information and discuss the future of the blockchain technology.

Keynote speaker
Alex Batlin Research and Development Director in Group Technology at UBS, and leader of UBS's Crypto 2.0 Pathfinder program.

Alex is a panel member of the Fintech50 and mentor for both Fintech50 and Level 39. He has over 15 years hands-on IT development experience in blue chip financial services

Special announcement from Brian Kelly - investor, author, and financial markets commentator.

Join now @ mindthegapexpo.com and enjoy the opportunity to meet repersentatives from some of the leading financilal organizations, international corporations, blockchain and crypto companies and developers.

Among the event attendees you will be able to find people from IBM, CitiBank, PWC, KPMG, Standard Bank, Swisscom and many blockchain and crypto companies.

Participate in a live debate featuring some of the leading blockchain platforms such as NXT, Ethereum, Blackcoin, Omni, Factom and Getcredits, To establish who is a market leader and who is vaporware in this the Blockchain Crypto 2.0 space.

Q&A- Get your questions ready and if you like you send them before the event and we will make sure that our panelists will get them.
send to [email protected]

Who are the Panelists?

Moderator: Ron Quaranta - Ron is co-creator of the Bitcoin Volatility Index (xBVIX), and previously served as director at Falcon Global Capital, one of the first bitcoin investment funds. In addition, he is co-founder of the Wall Street Bitcoin.

Representing NXT  : Alexander Chepurnoy - Nxt developer & smartcontract.com cofounder

Representing Ethereum : Vitalik Buterin - Vitalik Buterin is a programmer, writer, founder of Ethereum, the decentralized web 3.0 publishing platform and co-founder of Bitcoin Magazine
Representing Factom: Peter Kirby - President at Factom Representing Omni: David Johnston board member at  Omni foundation and Dapps fund MD
Representing Getcredits: Nick Williamson CEO and  founder of Pythia, the startup behind the cryptocurency Credits protocol.
Representing Blackcoin:David Zimbeck Blackcoin Core  Developer             

Join at  www.mindthegapexpo.com for a concentrated 60 to 90 Mins starting from 14:30 GMT "share this around your co-workers and communities this will be one of a kind virtual seminar

Blow them away Kushti  Grin

I don't know but keep up with these two project threads to see how they are progressing:

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/%28preview%29-torrents-plugin/
https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/nxttorrents-my-efforts-updates-and-need-help/

They are the two torrent projects that I know about.
Activity: 784
Activity: 315
Merit: 103
Will be on the panel tomorrow @ Mind the Gap online conference Smiley

On the 5th of May 2015  14:30 GMT the financial and the crypto community will gather online to network, exchange information and discuss the future of the blockchain technology.

Keynote speaker
Alex Batlin Research and Development Director in Group Technology at UBS, and leader of UBS's Crypto 2.0 Pathfinder program.

Alex is a panel member of the Fintech50 and mentor for both Fintech50 and Level 39. He has over 15 years hands-on IT development experience in blue chip financial services

Special announcement from Brian Kelly - investor, author, and financial markets commentator.

Join now @ mindthegapexpo.com and enjoy the opportunity to meet repersentatives from some of the leading financilal organizations, international corporations, blockchain and crypto companies and developers.

Among the event attendees you will be able to find people from IBM, CitiBank, PWC, KPMG, Standard Bank, Swisscom and many blockchain and crypto companies.

Participate in a live debate featuring some of the leading blockchain platforms such as NXT, Ethereum, Blackcoin, Omni, Factom and Getcredits, To establish who is a market leader and who is vaporware in this the Blockchain Crypto 2.0 space.

Q&A- Get your questions ready and if you like you send them before the event and we will make sure that our panelists will get them.
send to [email protected]

Who are the Panelists?

Moderator: Ron Quaranta - Ron is co-creator of the Bitcoin Volatility Index (xBVIX), and previously served as director at Falcon Global Capital, one of the first bitcoin investment funds. In addition, he is co-founder of the Wall Street Bitcoin.

Representing NXT  : Alexander Chepurnoy - Nxt developer & smartcontract.com cofounder

Representing Ethereum : Vitalik Buterin - Vitalik Buterin is a programmer, writer, founder of Ethereum, the decentralized web 3.0 publishing platform and co-founder of Bitcoin Magazine
Representing Factom: Peter Kirby - President at Factom Representing Omni: David Johnston board member at  Omni foundation and Dapps fund MD
Representing Getcredits: Nick Williamson CEO and  founder of Pythia, the startup behind the cryptocurency Credits protocol.
Representing Blackcoin:David Zimbeck Blackcoin Core  Developer             

Join at  www.mindthegapexpo.com for a concentrated 60 to 90 Mins starting from 14:30 GMT "share this around your co-workers and communities this will be one of a kind virtual seminar
Activity: 600
Nxt-kit developer
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004
New version of FreeMarket is available now,enjoy it now.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001
Some news that got posted on the original ANN thread:

PURCHASE ON AMAZON.COM WITH NXT: ShapeShift.io‬ has partnered with Purse.io, a service that matches customers wishing to purchase ‪bitcoin‬ with bitcoin holders wanting to purchase items with retail giant Amazon.com. You can now make your purchases with Nxt: http://bit.ly/1JTnSdP

TL:DR You can buy stuff on Amazon using NXT (+others) via http://Purse.io

http://www.virtual-strategy.com/2015/04/29/purseio-integrates-shapeshift-allowing-digital-asset-deposits

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004
Hey,Damelon
Updated to 1.4.17 on OP. Smiley
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
Great news! Love to see NXT is becoming more and more attractive for startups and fintech companies  Cool
GREAT EXPECTATIONS AHEAD FOR PICISI’S NEW CURRENCY

NXT has grown from an innovative cryptocurrency (CC) to a financial ecosystem. As a currency NXT performs at the upper levels of all ranking charts, as an asset platform NXT has a stable of high performers burning up the charts; and now with NXT’s new Monetary System more high performance is expected.

PICISI, a pre-launch start-up, is a crowdfunding site designed to accept national currency (USD, EUR, GBP, etc …) and CC. It is being positioned as an influential player in the CC space. Recently it quietly issued its currency (Pi) on NXT’s Monetary System.

Full article here: http://www.crowdfundingpr.org/great-expectations-ahead-picisis-new-currency/#  Please support the effort with your encouraging comment at the article.  It was published moments ago so 'it's fresh off the press' .

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-5-6e/

This is a development release for testing only. Source code is not provided.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Release 1.5.6e

https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt/downloads/nxt-client-1.5.6e.zip

sha256:

e9733f755961468bd7684862394bd564c1e80c1a7f1af075c490bf9e54a37985  nxt-client-1.5.6e.zip

This is a development release for testing only. Source code is not provided.

Change log:

This is an experimental release. It is a required update for all testnet nodes,
but is also possible to run on main net.

Peer networking improvements.

Announced addresses are always verified to resolve back to the peer address and
not accepted if they don't. Old peer instances and old announced addresses are
removed when a peer with dynamic IP changes address.

If nxt.maxNumberOfKnownPeers (default 2000) is exceeded, the peers pool size is
reduced back to nxt.minNumberOfKnownPeers (default 1000), keeping the highest
hallmarked peers first.

Peers are only identified by IP address now, not by address and port. Multiple
nodes sharing the same IP address will be treated as one peer, with announced
address and port as of the most recent GetInfo request or response sent out of
or received from this address.

Incompatible change: If using non-default port, the hallmark must also include
that port, otherwise the hallmark is ignored.

Optimizations in unconfirmed transaction propagation. When forwarding newly
received unconfirmed transactions to peers, if their count exceeds 10, the
broadcast is done in multiple batches of 10. When requesting unconfirmed
transactions from a peer, the ids of the transactions currently in the pool
are included in the request, so that the remote node does not need to include
them in the response. The response size is also limited to 100 transactions,
unless the requesting node does not provide such exclude parameter.

Each tagged data can now also have a channel field. The searchTaggedData API
can filter the search results by channel, and a new getChannelTaggedData API
has been added to retrieve tagged data by channel, optionally filtered by
account too.

Fixed the UI for AddPeer and BlacklistPeer to accept admin password if needed.

"Approve Transaction" action is now available in the transaction info actions
tab.

"Reveal Secret" field is added to the "Approve Transaction" modal when voting
model is "By Hash".

Enhanced the /test page to accept and pre-fill the test forms with any parameter
values supplied in the url, e.g.:
http://localhost:7876/test?requestType=getBlocks&lastIndex=10&includeTransactions=true

This release will perform a full rescan on test net.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)

iQIcBAEBAgAGBQJVP+4+AAoJEFOhyXc7+e2ABmQP/3S4AenMy0UX8LHNdvWgVR6r
w680wxxk/vgsGbqdxc+mc5InypXxtlQSjfkGwc8wurFik6zC0ufqNcTizglfoBUx
zuFYEYSIdbls8VLSwwrvFpsi8OFVvCmomUcDIjwwU/FuhiJGOhfq1yxrOPrOwJ8Z
H5R4ekoo7YjtzcyPofiGImZxtXMDtF4fKn5X4pEid7uGdBLGdGpCqjOkebh5azEd
3Oy9fp9hGE/8jgtv5/3e7nHFK7WnUFv0doVZm4xqZquIOL21d+VvoZjhuqyNNuG/
n6T/4U7NjFaRU0SFM/DE55xbEBSaXq6xFEzAVCrSL4epd7y7ojlyHbezNz8qOG82
HPY6Yxi+tpz377RViqlsAxW6/oZPMCs81TTalwizKK/0bEC+fGwTcPlIlihEcqcI
kDuFtyqADdwqMSu2AjcZDz1CnhOFc5q5gro96JFKRm7cLLoWtJbCefRmHpc2keHu
qn1MhA5OuI2sh4QotC1mIK2eqiQXlBwEAn8zRcyp3gTrS/DjRwc04WKgbfKP246T
ShAYk/xciK1LHTREgZuyCey4kLzE5+rOXIGWFdGW+IDxvI8nJ6gXkX5V+JkFvnz/
bYXD1JI+0sDSAVv9McNBfgKFAPOs0k8qvMRH0XNiQTqjVtEjssEKggEkhFqmyG2V
t5xJqhI7RqnnyPIIbew+
=Wl/f
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Activity: 251
Merit: 250

PICISI, a pre-launch start-up, is a crowdfunding site designed to accept national currency (USD, EUR, GBP, etc …) and CC. It is being positioned as an influential player in the CC space. Recently it quietly issued its currency (Pi) on NXT’s Monetary System.[/i]

Could PICISI collaborate with http://www.nxt-starter.com/ ?
Jump to: