Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 206. (Read 941260 times)

legendary
Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001
excuse me if i'm off topic but well i can't resist,
if someone has some BTC to claim from Gox here a way to reclaim and free trading on Kraken:
http://blog.kraken.com/post/116672768472/file-your-mtgox-creditor-claim-with-kraken-and
legendary
my coin is on NXT blockchain is Mwars
is going to be backed by my buy on ripple of the coin prosperity

i made a currency , Metalwars Mwars is tied with the
Lamb Cooper asset on ripple for fullMetalWars Game in Beta:
http://prosperitygames.net/news/full-metal-wars-closed-beta-is-here/
as my currency is buyed i buy the asset on Ripple the coin is
prosperity coin (on Ripple PRO)
and is tied with 10 % revenue on the game
1 000 000 coin all rewarded by the firm Lamb and Cooper
for 10 % revenue of the game !

Mamamae, that is good, however it sounds like it is on ripple's system.  Do you also have a currency on NXT's Monetary System?  

AMAZING IDEA:
NXT Community Support Request.

According to a core developer NXT MS currencies are not designed to work 'off the shelf' / 'out the box' at outside exchanges.  However, jl777 indicated that with a few code changes, exchanges that currently host NXT Assets can easily host NXT Currencies.   I'd like to see this wonderful new technology (NXT MS) introduced to a wider audience by way of inclusion of various MS currencies at other exchanges, as such I'm spearheading an effort to have NXT's MS currencies tested and integrated at non-NXT currency exchanges, I'd like your assistance in this regard.  

I've submitted Pi as the lead NXT MS currency for the effort -- Pi is the PICISI currency with the currency code NUMUS.  For various reasons I think it is an ideal test subject, but it is only one currency, for good and proper testing there should be variety.  If you have a currency tied to a specific purpose please submit your currency for inclusion in the testing.  

NXT developers did a tremendous job creating this new technology (MS), let's do what we can to realize its potential.   Let me know if you support the effort even if you don't have a currency to submit.  

ShroomsKit_Disgrace, thanks for that, can we count on your social media and crowdpressure assistance?

Regarding social media attention, please sent the following message to NXT MS Currency creators:

Hi, PICISI (a start-up under development) recently issued an NXT MS Currency, they are seeking to have the currency represented at various currency exchanges, however according to the NXT developers MS currencies were not created for off the shelf integration for outside currency exchanges.  However, Jl777 has indicated that with minimal code adjustment currency exchanges that currently host NXT Assets could also accept NXT Currencies.  As such, PICISI's team is locating and approaching various CC exchanges to request that they test NXT's newest technology (MS) using Pi and other active MS currency.  

If testing goes well the upside is your currency might get listed at various exchanges, your currency will have a wider market, and your currency will receive free publicity, if testing goes badly you might lose some of your currency.  Those interested in being part of this endeavor contact the PICISI team at the NXT or BCT forum.  

Please share this message with others  

Crowdpressure.

The PICISI admin team is actively reaching out to various CC exchanges asking them to use Pi to test the NXT MS currency at their exchange.  It would be great if you could help us apply the encouragement that comes with strategically applied community pressure.

Activity: 588
Merit: 501
GREAT EXPECTATIONS AHEAD FOR PICISI’S NEW CURRENCY

NXT has grown from an innovative cryptocurrency (CC) to a financial ecosystem. As a currency NXT performs at the upper levels of all ranking charts, as an asset platform NXT has a stable of high performers burning up the charts; and now with NXT’s new Monetary System more high performance is expected.

PICISI, a pre-launch start-up, is a crowdfunding site designed to accept national currency (USD, EUR, GBP, etc …) and CC. It is being positioned as an influential player in the CC space. Recently it quietly issued its currency (Pi) on NXT’s Monetary System.

Full article here: http://www.crowdfundingpr.org/great-expectations-ahead-picisis-new-currency/#  Please support the effort with your encouraging comment at the article.  It was published moments ago so 'it's fresh off the press' .
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
The Cereal Artist STRIKES again!!

http://www.liquidtech.info/
legendary
Activity: 1736
Is there ever a need to re-backup an NXT wallet like there is with BTC and other wallets?

Which client are you using to access Nxt? The answer is different, depending on this.

It's NRS.
you need your password

write here your passphrase

Umm... what?

Mamamae, that is good, however it sounds like it is on ripple's system.  Do you also have a currency on NXT's Monetary System?  

AMAZING IDEA:

According to a core developer NXT MS currencies are not designed to work 'off the shelf' / 'out the box' at outside exchanges.  However, jl777 indicated that with a few code changes, exchanges that currently host NXT Assets can easily host NXT Currencies.   I'd like to see this wonderful new technology (NXT MS) introduced to a wider audience by way of inclusion of various MS currencies at other exchanges, as such I'm spearheading an effort to have NXT's MS currencies tested and integrated at non-NXT currency exchanges, I'd like your assistance in this regard.  

I've submitted Pi as the lead NXT MS currency for the effort -- Pi is the PICISI currency with the currency code NUMUS.  For various reasons I think it is an ideal test subject, but it is only one currency, for good and proper testing there should be variety.  If you have a currency tied to a specific purpose please submit your currency for inclusion in the testing.  

NXT developers did a tremendous job creating this new technology (MS), let's do what we can to realize its potential.   Let me know if you support the effort even if you don't have a currency to submit.  

ShroomsKit_Disgrace, thanks for that, can we count on your social media and crowdpressure assistance?

Regarding social media attention, please sent the following message to NXT MS Currency creators:

Hi, PICISI (a start-up under development) recently issued an NXT MS Currency, they are seeking to have the currency represented at various currency exchanges, however according to the NXT developers MS currencies were not created for off the shelf integration for outside currency exchanges.  However, Jl777 has indicated that with minimal code adjustment currency exchanges that currently host NXT Assets could also accept NXT Currencies.  As such, PICISI's team is locating and approaching various CC exchanges to request that they test NXT's newest technology (MS) using Pi and other active MS currency.  

If testing goes well the upside is your currency might get listed at various exchanges, your currency will have a wider market, and your currency will receive free publicity, if testing goes badly you might lose some of your currency.  Those interested in being part of this endeavor contact the PICISI team at the NXT or BCT forum.  

Please share this message with others  

Crowdpressure.

The PICISI admin team is actively reaching out to various CC exchanges asking them to use Pi to test the NXT MS currency at their exchange.  It would be great if you could help us apply the encouragement that comes with strategically applied community pressure.
legendary
Activity: 1680
CEO Bitpanda.com
Is there ever a need to re-backup an NXT wallet like there is with BTC and other wallets?

Which client are you using to access Nxt? The answer is different, depending on this.

It's NRS.
you need your password

your passphrase
Activity: 85
Merit: 10

It's NRS.
you need your password

legendary
Activity: 952
Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!
AMAZING IDEA:

legendary

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Electrum recently switched from 12 word to 13 word seeds. Are there any plans for NXT to do the same?

Electrum's 13th word is just checksum. It doesn't add any entropy/security. You are free to add your own word if you want.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Electrum recently switched from 12 word to 13 word seeds. Are there any plans for NXT to do the same?
legendary
Activity: 1736
I am new to this. How long should the wallet password has to be at least? Is 50 chars enough?

It depends on the level on entropy. A randomly generated password of 12 or more characters is very strong.

What I suggest, get lastpass or 1password or keepass. Use diceware http://world.std.com/~reinhold/diceware.html to create a 7 word master password for whatever password software you chose.

Then, either generate a 15 or more character random password, set the tool to use upper/lower case, numerics and other characters. Or, let NRS generate a 12 word password and use that. Store it in your password manager.
Activity: 715

It's NRS.
you need your password

So as long as I back up my wallet passphrase, I won't ever need to back up that wallet again?

The beauty of a brainwallet Smiley

Yeah, I really like this feature of Nxt.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

It's NRS.
you need your password

So as long as I back up my wallet passphrase, I won't ever need to back up that wallet again?

The beauty of a brainwallet Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1554
I am new to this. How long should the wallet password has to be at least? Is 50 chars enough?
It's not about the amount of chars (since that can be a Bible quote), but about the randomness.
Just use the suggested random passphrase that the client gives you when creating a new account.

habraken is correct. Randomness is the number 1 priority when using a passphrase. Never never never use any phrase that can be found in a book, song, online text, etc.

50 characters has to be enough, or Bitcoin private keys would be broken. Actually if you include special characters, as well as numbers, and upper and lower case alphabet characters, 13 will be enough, with current computing power, but not recommended.

Personally, ive had the same NXT account for over a year, and i used the private key characters that this generated .... https://www.bitaddress.org

Activity: 251
Merit: 250
It's not about the amount of chars (since that can be a Bible quote), but about the randomness.
Just use the suggested random passphrase that the client gives you when creating a new account.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Activity: 574
Yassin is right. Your passphrase is your 'wallet'. Keep it safe and you will always have access to your account.

Most crypto users are used to wallet.dat files (which Nxt has too if you prefer them). Nxt uses a brainwallet > http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/Glossary#Brainwallet

I prefer the brainwallet, it is simple. Using the default 12 word passphrase is very very secure. Someone would be able to break the cryptography of Nxt (practically impossible gor a very long time) way before they bruteforced the client created passphrase.
Jump to: