Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 386. (Read 941260 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
NXT.org
Only #2? Then you need to keep reading and learning  Cheesy

+1

We're not aiming to be some secondary bullshit. NXT offers sooooo much more than Bitcoin. I have incredible respect for Bitcoin's pioneer status and everything the Bitcoin community has done and continue to do for cryptos, but innovation and usability is king.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Only #2? Then you need to keep reading and learning  Cheesy
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I've been reading some of the posts from the original [ANN] thread and I'm hooked. Just a question about the current dev team though. Is it true that the original developer - BCNext, is no longer involved in the project? And Come-from-Beyond is running things now?

Jean Luc is the lead developer. CfB is still heavily involved.

Wesley is the client developer

There are other developers involved on some way (l8orre, CIYAM, jl777, ChuckOne, doctorevil, mczarnek, kushti)

Oh that's good then. I just wish the original dev didn't leave so early. Even Satoshi stayed around for a couple of years. Sad

BCNext delivered a single Java file with the basis of Nxt and notes to the community to Come-from-Beyond. Everything after that was done by the community. Come-from-Beyond said BCNext followed the posts on the megathread, he was watching our discussion.

Nxt has many references to George Orwell's book '1984' within it, a book where Big Brother was always watching. As CIYAM pointed out once, a theme in the book is whether Big Brother really existed at all.

When BCNext 'left', it caused much more of a stir outside of the community than it did within it  Cheesy I wouldn't worry about BCNext and his legacy, the direction of Nxt is in the hands of everybody who wants to get involved.

If there is something you want to see in Nxt, go to the Tech Fund committee for the cash and get a dev on the jobs board and go for it  Grin Or, as many are doing, launch it on the AE and fund it yourself. Exciting times.

P.s. Do you remember the useful role of Randall Stephens in the Shawshank Redemption? A hard man to find, could be relevant here  Grin The ghost of BCNext could still be walking among us, protected by the distance from his work he now enjoys.
(P.p.s ^ This ^ is speculation on my part )

Loved that movie though it's been a while since I watched it. I agree the direction of Nxt is in the hands of everybody now. Nxt has come a long way in 6 months and BCNext should be very proud of his creation.

Just bought 300 NXT today. I'm still kinda getting my head around the whole thing because this is nothing like any other altcoin I've used before. The others being Kittehcoin and Dogecoin. However the more I learn about it the more I think Nxt has a fair shot at reaching #2. Smiley
Activity: 478
Activity: 322
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Who's happy he listened and bought next last week?

THIS GUY.. shame it was only 100mbtc worth but still! Cheesy.
Activity: 182
NXT.org
I've been reading some of the posts from the original [ANN] thread and I'm hooked. Just a question about the current dev team though. Is it true that the original developer - BCNext, is no longer involved in the project? And Come-from-Beyond is running things now?

There are other developers involved on some way (l8orre, CIYAM, jl777, ChuckOne, doctorevil, mczarnek, kushti)

Oh that's good then. I just wish the original dev didn't leave so early. Even Satoshi stayed around for a couple of years. Sad

Satoshi's situation was different. Back then cryptocurrencies was such a niche.
And CfB has been a part of NXT since the beginning, so we still got him
Activity: 322
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002
Holy macaroni - just checked NXT price and volume on bter - what the hell is going on?!?

Nxt>>>>>>>>>>MOON Grin

Grin
Activity: 478
Holy macaroni - just checked NXT price and volume on bter - what the hell is going on?!?

Nxt>>>>>>>>>>MOON Grin
legendary
Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002
Activity: 155

Jean Luc and kushti are the lead developers. CfB is still heavily involved.

There are other developers involved in some way (l8orre, CIYAM, jl777, ChuckOne, doctorevil, mczarnek, kushti)

fify

BCNext delivered a single Java file with the basis of Nxt and notes to the community to Come-from-Beyond. Everything after that was done by the community. Come-from-Beyond said BCNext followed the posts on the megathread, he was watching our discussion.

Nxt has many references to George Orwell's book '1984' within it, a book where Big Brother was always watching. As CIYAM pointed out once, a theme in the book is whether Big Brother really existed at all.

When BCNext 'left', it caused much more of a stir outside of the community than it did within it  Cheesy I wouldn't worry about BCNext and his legacy, the direction of Nxt is in the hands of everybody who wants to get involved.

If there is something you want to see in Nxt, go to the Tech Fund committee for the cash and get a dev on the jobs board and go for it  Grin Or, as many are doing, launch it on the AE and fund it yourself. Exciting times.

P.s. Do you remember the useful role of Randall Stephens in the Shawshank Redemption? A hard man to find, could be relevant here  Grin The ghost of BCNext could still be walking among us, protected by the distance from his work he now enjoys.
(P.p.s ^ This ^ is speculation on my part )

Activity: 644

There are other developers involved in some way (l8orre, CIYAM, jl777, ChuckOne, doctorevil, mczarnek, kushti)
Activity: 862
Really glad we had that asset exchange implemented. It started this rally. Buying NXT is no longer just speculation. There are functionalities here that bitcoin itself can't offer right now. Godspeed to the devs!
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004
Jump to: