Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 382. (Read 941260 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1004
haha. my asset is the only asset where its a great thing for nxt if the price crashes Cheesy

*edit* wait maybe shortnxt?
yes,silver is much better for crash.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
Nothing violent or threatening ... then bring on the force of the US-law-enforcement on him

Wait wut Huh I don't get it. Which one of those two things is true?

You know the pitchforkgrabbing mob sayings: "Kill him", "track him down and send a few guys to break some of his bones!".

I don't want any of that to happen, just legal enforcement. Thats no threatening right?

I suppose there is a distinction in the sense that the mob would just kill you while the cops would give you the choice of being killed or locked in some dungeon with a bunch of horny homosexual neanderthals. more choice is always better but i wouldnt color it in terms of violence vs not violence or threat vs non threat.

I am no expert for financial crime law but do you really think he would serve jail time for such a thing? I was thinking in terms of restitution + big fine+ online shaming and killing his credibility associated with his real name.

Well idk but fraudsters deserve what they get so dont worry about it. +1 for the mob and leg breaking if he really defrauded people.

Turns out it was most likely a "she" and "asian"...
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
Nothing violent or threatening ... then bring on the force of the US-law-enforcement on him

You know the pitchforkgrabbing mob sayings: "Kill him", "track him down and send a few guys to break some of his bones!".

I don't want any of that to happen, just legal enforcement. Thats no threatening right?

I suppose there is a distinction in the sense that the mob would just kill you while the cops would give you the choice of being killed or locked in some dungeon with a bunch of horny homosexual neanderthals. more choice is always better but i wouldnt color it in terms of violence vs not violence or threat vs non threat.

I am no expert for financial crime law but do you really think he would serve jail time for such a thing? I was thinking in terms of restitution + big fine+ online shaming and killing his credibility associated with his real name.

Well idk but fraudsters deserve what they get so dont worry about it. +1 for the mob and leg breaking if he really defrauded people.
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Sometimes they don't even give you that choice...
legendary

Activity: 168
... just legal enforcement. Thats no threatening right?

I've got a few videos I could share you....
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Da fuck is going on? What attack. My NXT better be safe. Can someone explain in non technical terms how this attack effects NXT?

Its not an attack.

Lets assume you are a retard and use the same passphrase for NXT and NXTFORKCOIN.

You have 1 million NXT and 10 million NXTFORKCOINS in you wallet. Now someone comes to you and says "I want to buy 100000 NXTFORKCOINS from you and I pay you 1 Bitcoins for it." You think "NICE he offers me more than they are worth, snap buy!". He sends you the BTC and you send him the 100000 NXTFORKCOINS.
Now because the NXTFORKCOIN uses the exact same protocol and addressformat the rawtransaction will look exactly the same. The buyer can now take the transaction and submit it to the NXT network. If the account has the 100000 NXT in it, the transaction will work and the real NXT will be sent to the attackers account. You just lost 100000 NXT for 1 Bitcoin!

That's the size of it. And my point is that I don't believe it's even possible due to timestamp being in the transaction signature, unless the clone picks a genesis block from 2013 or earlier (which none have). The reverse might be possible (steal a clone's coin), if the clone doesn't defend against it. Let's see what CfB / JL say.

Anyway, golden rule of "do not use the same passphrase" applies, and then you have zero chance of having a problem.
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com

legendary

legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
I am starting a "Track down the shareXcoin scammer" campaign.

Nothing violent or threatening, just track him down, let him explain the situation and then bring on the force of the US-law-enforcement on him. Also the infos will be posted public for whatever anyone wants to do with them, but as always be cautious with information that is not 100% proven to be right, don't fall into the reddit frameing trap!

This is not a witch-hunt! So please leave your pitchforks at home!!!!

The first step will be a fundraiser for bounties and paying certain doxing experts. I will hold the funds escrow and organize this whole thing. I am certain with the right financial-motivation, every person can be tracked down. You shouldn't piss at the bitcointalk-crowd, they are full of spite, and so am I!

Two ways to donate:

BTC: 1NMrmhqs1s72UkRnSygS4Figm5Vdcb2RVN
QORA: QMt3gUxSM7jytGqfcyuZqJrwhx7bLFDNKF

or pledging parts of the funds you will maybe eventually get back from ziplibrary.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
Mintpal adding Nxt!

I know I know, not this again  Grin Here is the short history so everyone is up to speed.

A few months ago, Nxt won a vote to get added to Mintpal with some people using donating BTC for votes. Mintpal tried and for whatever reason, couldn't add Nxt os they refunded the money. So nice guys  Grin and that's where it ended.

Something happened today that got their attention (  Cheesy  ) and they tweeted Fatih87SK and Berzerk asking if they wanted Nxt to be listed. But on the condition a 1 BTC payment to cover implementation costs. Naturally, this annoyed some and others didn't mind.

It was too contentious for community funding so the 1 BTC was crowd sourced form the pockets of Nxters who believe it is a good idea. The Nxt is being exchanged as I type and will be sent very soon. I saw in all the discussion they could have Nxt set up in two days so we could have it by Sunday.

Full thread and keep up with the story here >>>> https://nxtforum.org/trading-exchanges/mintpal-and-nxt/100

Two new exchanges in less than a week, not bad going  Grin

One of witch ran away with all funds. I am pretty pissed...

That was the third (ShareXCoin). I was talking BTC38 today and Mintpal in due course.

so what happened exactly? I had deposited 1 btc for trading there. completely lost? why? any link? when i saw website down i assume they were only changing something... wtf if they just dissapeared. I genuinely thought these exchanges promoted here were serious and didnt worry about instacashing out from there...
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
Da fuck is going on? What attack. My NXT better be safe. Can someone explain in non technical terms how this attack effects NXT?

Its not an attack.

Lets assume you are a retard and use the same passphrase for NXT and NXTFORKCOIN.

You have 1 million NXT and 10 million NXTFORKCOINS in you wallet. Now someone comes to you and says "I want to buy 100000 NXTFORKCOINS from you and I pay you 1 Bitcoins for it." You think "NICE he offers me more than they are worth, snap buy!". He sends you the BTC and you send him the 100000 NXTFORKCOINS.
Now because the NXTFORKCOIN uses the exact same protocol and addressformat the rawtransaction will look exactly the same. The buyer can now take the transaction and submit it to the NXT network. If the account has the 100000 NXT in it, the transaction will work and the real NXT will be sent to the attackers account. You just lost 100000 NXT for 1 Bitcoin!
Activity: 224
Da fuck is going on? What attack. My NXT better be safe. Can someone explain in non technical terms how this attack effects NXT? Also someone just pulled 2 million out of the market cap
Activity: 617
Merit: 528
because both jl and CFB said it

Heh. I think I need a bit more than that!

You can resurrect the thread here : https://nxtforum.org/alternate-cryptocurrencies/nxt-clones/

The attack stuff starts on page 2 I think. Two Nxters were trying to prove it was possible but I think they both got busy  Grin

Thanks. Done. If anyone's interested in the outcome: https://nxtforum.org/alternate-cryptocurrencies/nxt-clones/msg37453/#msg37453

Glad to see you guys picked this up. Cloning next has been a thing since the source was sort of released but looking at your current performance one can only expect this to rise to new levels. Once this 'attack' vector hits the outskirts of Abuja its going to be a big circus. Better to have the general public aware.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Is anyone interested in  getting a NXTKey?

http://postimg.org/image/ji0yiugzv/ (Couldn't get it to display in the thread) Huh

It is safe against key loggers and spyware which is trying to get your passphrase! The passphrase will not leave the NXTkey. Transactions are send to the device over USB, signed in the device with the passphrase and then send back to the client.

Gr4ssh0pper has put a lot of time into developing it from scratch (making his on pcb circuit boards, programming etc) and is looking for community funding. Seems positive so far  Grin

See here for full details >>> https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/nxtkey-community-fund-bounty-request/msg36619/#new
Activity: 378
because both jl and CFB said it

Heh. I think I need a bit more than that!

You can resurrect the thread here : https://nxtforum.org/alternate-cryptocurrencies/nxt-clones/

The attack stuff starts on page 2 I think. Two Nxters were trying to prove it was possible but I think they both got busy  Grin

Thanks. Done. If anyone's interested in the outcome: https://nxtforum.org/alternate-cryptocurrencies/nxt-clones/msg37453/#msg37453
Activity: 273
Nxt is about to pass the $100mil market cap...
These 6 months have been quite interesting, to say the least.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Mintpal adding Nxt!

I know I know, not this again  Grin Here is the short history so everyone is up to speed.

A few months ago, Nxt won a vote to get added to Mintpal with some people using donating BTC for votes. Mintpal tried and for whatever reason, couldn't add Nxt os they refunded the money. So nice guys  Grin and that's where it ended.

Something happened today that got their attention (  Cheesy  ) and they tweeted Fatih87SK and Berzerk asking if they wanted Nxt to be listed. But on the condition a 1 BTC payment to cover implementation costs. Naturally, this annoyed some and others didn't mind.

It was too contentious for community funding so the 1 BTC was crowd sourced form the pockets of Nxters who believe it is a good idea. The Nxt is being exchanged as I type and will be sent very soon. I saw in all the discussion they could have Nxt set up in two days so we could have it by Sunday.

Full thread and keep up with the story here >>>> https://nxtforum.org/trading-exchanges/mintpal-and-nxt/100

Two new exchanges in less than a week, not bad going  Grin

That was the third (ShareXCoin). I was talking BTC38 today and Mintpal in due course.
legendary
CEO Bitpanda.com
Mintpal adding Nxt!

I know I know, not this again  Grin Here is the short history so everyone is up to speed.

A few months ago, Nxt won a vote to get added to Mintpal with some people using donating BTC for votes. Mintpal tried and for whatever reason, couldn't add Nxt os they refunded the money. So nice guys  Grin and that's where it ended.

Something happened today that got their attention (  Cheesy  ) and they tweeted Fatih87SK and Berzerk asking if they wanted Nxt to be listed. But on the condition a 1 BTC payment to cover implementation costs. Naturally, this annoyed some and others didn't mind.

Two new exchanges in less than a week, not bad going  Grin

Jump to: