Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 479. (Read 941260 times)

Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Hey guys, what about changing title of this topic ? Something like " NXT | Decentralizing the Future | Asset Exchange go live 20hours left "
We need to attract attention.
What do you think ?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000
… and here we go again!  Roll Eyes

legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000
Jean-Luc is on fire! There is already a new version: NRS v1.0.3  Cheesy

https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-0-3/
Activity: 574
New Client NRS v1.0.2 software available

https://nxtforum.org/nrs-releases/nrs-v1-0-2/

Client Updates:

Do not forge automatically when downloading the blockchain.

Wait until blockchain finished downloading before allowing form submits.

Update notification fix.

Make blocks and peers page auto-update.

Show buy/sell notification of assets
Activity: 468
Merit: 100
so many stupid scams these days! people are so greedy.
Activity: 546
Merit: 503
The only one reason for me to being paticipate in that scam ipo was the wesleyh  nicname in order list.

My first and last IPO experience was unsuccessful Sad

Still can not believe that I decided to participate  in this foolish fair Angry
Activity: 1680
Merit: 506
Trphy.io
NFD was a scam;

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wallets-stolen-by-hackerswere-sorrycontact-anon136-for-escrow-580537

NHZ, NAS, NXTL and NEM (not a copy of NXT) are the only ones that are serious i guess.

With NXTL I'm not 100% sure though.

Damn al ready had this feeling, lucky I only send 0.0015.
Still to much for a scammer
Activity: 616
NFD was a scam;

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wallets-stolen-by-hackerswere-sorrycontact-anon136-for-escrow-580537

NHZ, NAS, NXTL and NEM (not a copy of NXT) are the only ones that are serious i guess.

With NXTL I'm not 100% sure though.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82
from https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/rxt-r-package-for-analyzing-the-nxt-blockchain/msg15278/#new

Hi,

I have created an R package for analysing the NXT blockchain via the H2 database generated by the NRS client.  The package is available on github at:

https://github.com/dmkaplan2000/Rxt

There is a "releases" branch that contains .tar.gz files.  The package requires a version of the RH2 package that is not yet out, but can also be found on the releases branch.

Once the package is installed, you can do things like:

library(Rxt)
con=nxt.dbConnect(file="/PATH/TO/nxt.h2.db")
data=nxt.newAccountsTimeSeries(con,"daily")
plot(data$TIMESTAMP,data$D_ACCOUNT,type="l")
nxt.dbDisconnect(con)

Comments welcome.

If you find this useful, don't hesitate to send me NXT: 409265435876025552.

Cheers,
David

Support this guy, guys.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
thanks for the advise. I don't think I can do new lines.

that's kind of scary that i have to put in a location for people to send to. its so permanent. what if i move ten years from now, what if the post office moves to a new location. i could put a url for details but what if i lose my domain name someday for unforeseen reasons.

That's easy enough, just link an alias you own with it's URI pointing to any address. If you need to change it, just update the alias.

In the future, I suspect clients will allow users to simply mouse over these aliases in your description, and in this case, the address would pop up, letting the user copy the address. It should also show the history of alias updates, to make sure users know if the address has changed - just a thought.

Pandaisftw
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
What are "warehouse receipts"?

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warehouse_receipt - A warehouse receipt is a document that provides proof of ownership of commodities (e.g., bars of copper) that are stored in a warehouse, vault, or depository for safekeeping.

And you said that they can return the physical silver bar to you at any time and receive a warehouse receipt. Does this mean that once they buy from you, they will own either physical silver or a warehouse receipt (a claim on silver) and you will not exchange that receipt or the silver for NXT (or any other virtual or fiat currency)?

Edit: It's late and I need to sign off. I hope I have helped you. I think it's a very interesting asset, and one I might use myself.

You have it right. However they will be able to get nxt for their receipt from someone other than me by placing a sell order or filling a buy order on the asset exchange.
Activity: 386

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warehouse_receipt - A warehouse receipt is a document that provides proof of ownership of commodities (e.g., bars of copper) that are stored in a warehouse, vault, or depository for safekeeping.

And you said that they can return the physical silver bar to you at any time and receive a warehouse receipt. Does this mean that once they buy from you, they will own either physical silver or a warehouse receipt (a claim on silver) and you will not exchange that receipt or the silver for NXT (or any other virtual or fiat currency)?

Edit: It's late and I need to sign off. I hope I have helped you. I think it's a very interesting asset, and one I might use myself.
many revisions later. tell me if you think this is getting closer.

Each of these tokens is a warehouse receipt for one troy ounce of 999 fine silver payable to the bearer on demand. In order to receive physical silver bullion in exchange for a token the bearer must send to NXT address 6940620385974416496 an arbitrary message containing his/her mailing address and an amount of tokens greater than or equal to ten and divisible by ten. Both the tokens and the arbitrary message must be sent from the same NXT address. [Insert something in here about how and when you will send the bars to their address.] Bars in good shape and issued by me may be returned to me for full credit in warehouse receipts. - For more information visit http://radicalmoney.com/silvergateway - The act of purchasing an amount of this product shall constitute the expression of agreement to the terms and conditions expressed at http://radicalmoney.com/silverterms

I think that's clearer. What the potential purchaser needs to know is what to do in very clear steps, and what they are getting.
legendary

legendary
many revisions later. tell me if you think this is getting closer.

Each of these tokens is a warehouse receipt for one troy ounce of 999 fine silver payable to the bearer on demand. In order to receive physical silver bullion in exchange for a token the bearer must send to NXT address 6940620385974416496 an arbitrary message containing his/her mailing address and an amount of tokens greater than or equal to ten and divisible by ten. Both the tokens and the arbitrary message must be sent from the same NXT address. Bars in good shape and issued by me may be returned to me for full credit in warehouse receipts. - For more information visit http://radicalmoney.com/silvergateway - The act of purchasing an amount of this product shall constitute the expression of agreement to the terms and conditions expressed at http://radicalmoney.com/silverterms
legendary
comments on my description

Send an arbitrary message containing your real world physical address in addition to an amount of tokens greater than 10 and divisible by 10 to NXT address 6940620385974416496 in order to receive the corresponding amount of physical silver in the form 999 silver bars. Be sure to send both the message and the tokens from the same NXT address. Bars returned in good shape may be exchanged for full credit in warehouse receipts at any time.

any way you think i could make it simpler or less confusing while still communicating the same information would be helpful. also i need to do everything i can to keep it brief so thats why so much information is packed so tightly.

Here is my suggestion. Break it down into individual bites/steps like this:

Send an arbitrary message containing these two pieces of data:
     Your real world physical address
     An amount of tokens greater than 10 and divisible by 10

Send the arbitrary message to:
     NXT address 6940620385974416496

Then you will receive:
     The corresponding amount of physical silver in the form 999 silver bars

Be sure to send both the message and the tokens from the same NXT address.
Bars returned (where? how? to whom?) in good shape may be exchanged for full credit in warehouse receipts at any time.

thanks for the advise. I don't think I can do spaces.

that's kind of scary that i have to put in a location for people to send to. its so permanent. what if i move ten years from now, what if the post office moves to a new location. i could put a url for details but what if i lose my domain name someday for unforeseen reasons.

Don't worry about spaces. Just break up the block of text so that each step is discrete.
As for your return address, you don't need to specify it now. You can just say "to me," or "to the asset issuer" or something so that it's clear what you mean by "return."

Also, in place of "physical address" what about "physical (mailing) address" instead so that people understand that this is for their package delivery?

ah ha mailing address is defiantly an improvement!

Send an arbitrary message containing your real world physical address in addition to an amount of tokens greater than 10 and divisible by 10 to NXT address 6940620385974416496 in order to receive the corresponding amount of physical silver in the form 999 silver bars. Be sure to send both the message and the tokens from the same NXT address. Bars returned in good shape may be exchanged for full credit in warehouse receipts at any time.

any way you think i could make it simpler or less confusing while still communicating the same information would be helpful. also i need to do everything i can to keep it brief so thats why so much information is packed so tightly.

Then you will receive:

Bars returned (where? how? to whom?) in good shape may be exchanged for full credit in warehouse receipts at any time.

thanks for the advise. I don't think I can do spaces.

Don't worry about spaces. Just break up the block of text so that each step is discrete.
As for your return address, you don't need to specify it now. You can just say "to me," or "to the asset issuer" or something so that it's clear what you mean by "return."

Also, in place of "physical address" what about "physical (mailing) address" instead so that people understand that this is for their package delivery?
legendary

Then you will receive:

thanks for the advise. I don't think I can do new lines.

Jump to: