Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 498. (Read 941260 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82
You can start forging when you reach 1440 confirmations.  Technically with confirmations every minute you should hit that in 24 hours but I think confirmations aren't quite that fast so it may be a little longer than that.  I'm hearing 1.5-2 days.  So long as you're connected to the server you will be forging.

You do not need to be connected to any server. If the server stores your private key, it can forge until the end of the universe.

Thanks for the correction.  I'm also thinking the timeframe is closer to 2 days to hit 1440.  It's been almost 2 days and I haven't hit 1440 yet.

Have a look at these recent numbers http://www.nxtexplorer.com/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=40&sub=7

I think the average amount of blocks per day = 800. So, 1.8 days.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
You can start forging when you reach 1440 confirmations.  Technically with confirmations every minute you should hit that in 24 hours but I think confirmations aren't quite that fast so it may be a little longer than that.  I'm hearing 1.5-2 days.  So long as you're connected to the server you will be forging.

You do not need to be connected to any server. If the server stores your private key, it can forge until the end of the universe.

Thanks for the correction.  I'm also thinking the timeframe is closer to 2 days to hit 1440.  It's been almost 2 days and I haven't hit 1440 yet.

WARNING TO EVERYBODY

NODE PROVIDERS: HARD FORK IMMINENT AT BLOCK 130K. PLEASE, UPDATE TO V1.0.0 ASAP.

USERS: If you know node providers, please inform them.
Their coins will be fine.

But their transactions will fail, as they won't get enough confirmations.

Depends on how many servers are still around to forge. At least one with positive effective balance will continue this fork for eternity.

legendary
Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000
What happens to nodes that didn't upgrade?

They will be on fork

Are they going to lose their coins?

Their coins will be fine.

But their transactions will fail, as they won't get enough confirmations.
Activity: 561

They will be on fork

Are they going to lose their coins?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I installed the recommended Nxt client and has some Nxt sent to it from the faucet. When I tried buying an alias or sending 1 Nxt to my bter account it showed up in transactions, but with no confirmations. Hours later it still showed zero confirmations and when I restarted the client there was no trace of my transactions and my Nxt from the faucet were all back in my client.

What did I do wrong?

Maybe the confirmations expire before get confirmed. try setting a longer deadline.
Activity: 644
I installed the recommended Nxt client and has some Nxt sent to it from the faucet. When I tried buying an alias or sending 1 Nxt to my bter account it showed up in transactions, but with no confirmations. Hours later it still showed zero confirmations and when I restarted the client there was no trace of my transactions and my Nxt from the faucet were all back in my client.

What did I do wrong?

Not sure what went wrong. Try again?

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

What did I do wrong?
legendary
Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000
So the asset will be up in 10 days?
6 days, 18 hours  Smiley
Activity: 378
Merit: 265
So the asset will be up in 10 days?
Activity: 180
Nxt CPU silver 3d printed item.

The auction will end soon!

Don't hesitate.

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
This is great Nxt is back in Bitcointalk!!!!   Cheesy

It'll never be the same Smiley But yeah it's still great to have a new thread to read.
Activity: 672
Hi all, i'm a long time miner (Go DRK!) but new to NXT.  So i've installed the "one click install" wallet on my Windows 7 PC and all seems to be OK.

I've got 100 (less a couple for fee and test transaction) NXT in there, the wallet has been running for less than a day.

How long until i start forging? I think i read i need to keep it open for atleast 24 hours?  On my Dashboard screen, when i click "forging" it says my net account balance is 0.  yet I have 97 NXT?

Is there anything I need to do now?

Once I start forging, if i reboot my PC for example, will i loose the 'forging' status when i re-launch my wallet? 

Thanks,
Ili

If anyone feeling generous pls help me build my NXT account: 13132972958635556559

ta!

You can start forging when you reach 1440 confirmations.  Technically with confirmations every minute you should hit that in 24 hours but I think confirmations aren't quite that fast so it may be a little longer than that.  I'm hearing 1.5-2 days.  So long as you're connected to the server you will be forging.
Activity: 644

They will be on fork
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
And here we go, Qora will have alias trading sooner than Nxt although Nxt has been launched over 6 months ago.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6545618

There is a new developer working on this right now..

Awesome!
Activity: 132
Check out the brand new NXT Online Wallet home page: https://wallet.mynxt.info

hmm, i just registered for an online wallet. i get this error message when i login: "Balance value: Error fetching balance, please try again"

i also sent my coins from cryptsy to the online wallet. i checked my newly created wallet number in the block explorer to track the transaction and when i enter the wallet number it says "nothing found".

did i do something wrong? or is this normal and do i simply have to wait longer for things to appear?

thanks.
Activity: 535
Merit: 502
Hi all, i'm a long time miner (Go DRK!) but new to NXT.  So i've installed the "one click install" wallet on my Windows 7 PC and all seems to be OK.

I've got 100 (less a couple for fee and test transaction) NXT in there, the wallet has been running for less than a day.

How long until i start forging? I think i read i need to keep it open for atleast 24 hours?  On my Dashboard screen, when i click "forging" it says my net account balance is 0.  yet I have 97 NXT?

Is there anything I need to do now?

Once I start forging, if i reboot my PC for example, will i loose the 'forging' status when i re-launch my wallet? 

Thanks,
Ili

If anyone feeling generous pls help me build my NXT account: 13132972958635556559

ta!
Jump to: