Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 499. (Read 941260 times)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10
And here we go, Qora will have alias trading sooner than Nxt although Nxt has been launched over 6 months ago.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6545618

There is a new developer working on this right now..
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
the new client looks great and seems to work really well.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
And here we go, Qora will have alias trading sooner than Nxt although Nxt has been launched over 6 months ago.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6545618
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188
This is true. I also think it's important not to try to compete directly with bitcoin. The "NXT is better than bitcoin because..." strategy sets up a them-and-us dynamic that alienates people who might otherwise be really interested

+1000 !!

We do NOT want to be seen as thinking we're the next bitcoin.

Bitcoin and NXT occupy very different spaces in the cryptoeconomy and can happily co-exist. in fact all 2nd gens can happily co-exist. It's bad marketing anyway to dis competitors rather than promote your own benefits.
Activity: 145
Merit: 100
Check out the brand new NXT Online Wallet home page: https://wallet.mynxt.info
Cool!

A couple of questions:
if I create a wallet on this site, will my accounts be always forging? Or only when I'm online? Or never?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

Great!

Just a tip for making it even better:
It is always better instead of having a big login box for existing users, leaving that place for new users. Otherwise people (like me) are lazy to open a new account.
Activity: 280
Merit: 257
bluemeanie

cool.  what would be great is if you could have one codebase for the local JS client and web wallet.

-bm
Activity: 750
Merit: 500
www.coinschedule.com
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Followup:

Two secret admirers/benefactors have just sent me 500 NXT each! Their Nxt address has not been published on BTT or nxtforum, so I don't know who they are. But thank you for supporting me and affirming the gesture I made. Perhaps, in the right community, one does reap what one sows.

You well deserve them!  Smiley
Activity: 714
we can do asset exchange giveaway (create billion shares, give 1000 to million people) or testnet giveaway

I love this proposition !
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031
can someone send me a message to test this feature out?   11274042109288826540

-bm

Sent. Seems to work ok from my end.
Activity: 386
Merit: 250

-bm

You can create several accounts and send messages or NXT back and forth between them. Just open another tab in your browser with the localhost address, and create a new account.
Followup:

Two secret admirers/benefactors have just sent me 500 NXT each! Their Nxt address has not been published on BTT or nxtforum, so I don't know who they are. But thank you for supporting me and affirming the gesture I made. Perhaps, in the right community, one does reap what one sows.
Activity: 280
Merit: 257
bluemeanie

-bm

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031
Thank you for your comment, zorke.
I do have more than what you see in that account, but I've bought at market prices, which were often a lot higher than now. This is part of my retirement fund, so I have to be careful with it. But I do think it's important to contribute in some way. I can't write code, so donating to some members who seem like they can contribute to the community is the best I can do right now.

I suspect that some members of the community might not like such giveaways, since they, for the most part, have also had to buy NXT on the market. Giving away something that has value can sometimes undermine that value. So we should be careful with what and how much we give away and why. I was just getting impatient, I guess, and wanted to light a few fires to get something going and to feel like I was contributing.

You're doing things the right way.  I think the fallacy that some use is trying to compare a 2nd generation crypto to Bitcoin.  You simply can't do that because Bitcoin has a 5 year headstart.  When you're first to market you can get away with a lot of stuff that you cannot when you're trying to build upon that core infrastructure.  All these people using "Satoshi did this" or "early adopters own x" is just spinning their wheels.  You cannot be late to the game and expect to be afforded the same luxury as something that broke ground.

The entire goal right now is to entice people to use Nxt.  And you do that by giving them the opportunity to test it.  Luckily people like you and Damelon get that. 

This is true. I also think it's important not to try to compete directly with bitcoin. The "NXT is better than bitcoin because..." strategy sets up a them-and-us dynamic that alienates people who might otherwise be really interested. Instead, offering a change to test NXT, ideally with services they actually want and will use (decentralised crypto exchange, for one) is what's going to win people over.
Activity: 672
Thank you for your comment, zorke.
I do have more than what you see in that account, but I've bought at market prices, which were often a lot higher than now. This is part of my retirement fund, so I have to be careful with it. But I do think it's important to contribute in some way. I can't write code, so donating to some members who seem like they can contribute to the community is the best I can do right now.

I suspect that some members of the community might not like such giveaways, since they, for the most part, have also had to buy NXT on the market. Giving away something that has value can sometimes undermine that value. So we should be careful with what and how much we give away and why. I was just getting impatient, I guess, and wanted to light a few fires to get something going and to feel like I was contributing.

You're doing things the right way.  I think the fallacy that some use is trying to compare a 2nd generation crypto to Bitcoin.  You simply can't do that because Bitcoin has a 5 year headstart.  When you're first to market you can get away with a lot of stuff that you cannot when you're trying to build upon that core infrastructure.  All these people using "Satoshi did this" or "early adopters own x" is just spinning their wheels.  You cannot be late to the game and expect to be afforded the same luxury as something that broke ground.

The entire goal right now is to entice people to use Nxt.  And you do that by giving them the opportunity to test it.  Luckily people like you and Damelon get that. 
@sparta_cuss, if the big stakeholders were the half generous you are, NXT community would be the greatest and most developed community of all cryptos.

I can only thank you for your "donations" and your positive point of view.

Cheers man!  Smiley

Thanks, ShroomsKit_Disgrace. Just trying to do my little part.
Activity: 672
This is why the faucet is so ridiculous and I'm glad that it's being looked at.
I was looking at the faucet - there was a guy who used it 10x to register 30 aliases... There was a guy who used it 10x every day to collect some 400 Nxt. In past, threre was a giveaway of 500 Nxt on forums. What happened? One guy created 81 forum and nxt accounts and collected 41.000 Nxt into 1 single account after he gathered 80x500 from the giveaway

Exactly. Faucets don't exist to make people rich, but to send them some coins to play with. I'm confused that Hero fucking Member doesn't understand basics.

Not a completely valid point.
A faucet doesn't exist to make people rich, agreed.
A faucet exists to enable people to test the coin or check it out.

The current faucet does not meet that basic criterium. Being able to do 2 transactions of 1 Nxt is not testing. Worse: it's frustrating and to mé would feel like that someone is trying to sucker me into buying that coin to "enjoy testing it".

Now I knów that we are not trying to do that, but perception is very important, especially in a paranoid field like the crypto community.

So: we're going to try to fix it. Smiley That is álso an important part of the crypto world, and one that I love.

Also: the new faucet system will be less easily drained by sockpuppets, if we do it right. This is because it's based on handing out codes to people, which requires a human factor. That takes work, sure, but the returns in the way of trust and people actually being able to work with Nxt in my view are more than worth it Smiley

Thank you.  I was going to write something along these lines but you saved me the time.
Activity: 715
Nxter, would it be possible to have your opinions on this:
https://nxtforum.org/nxt-promotion/longterm-nxt-mining-pool-bounty/
thanks
Jump to: