Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 495. (Read 941260 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
nice coin but it's too tedious to install java ,if not change anymore , other gen2.0 will take place of the coin

I've never had to install java before Huh
Activity: 535
Merit: 502
what's wrong with cryptsy withdrawals? they are not processing, aren't they on fork?

my cryptsy NXT withdrawals aren't going through either.

i logged a ticket and was advised the transaction got 'stuck' and to re-try.  I've retried and it's been "pending" for 2 days now!

will log another ticket i guess.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Well, first life isn't fair.  The sooner you learn that the faster you'll succeed.  PoS or PoW, doesn't really matter, those that put in the most will get the most out.  You're either spending $$$ on mining equipment or the actual crypto.

As for a solution, band together and lease out your Nxt.  I haven't tested it yet (anyone got a good pool?) but I like the concept.

Agreed.
Activity: 237
How can I get detailed account-balance statistics?

NXT blockchain explorer only lists 60 places...

You can see some interessant statistics there : http://charts.nxtcrypto.org/cDistributionTopAccount.aspx

Thank you, thats kinda interesting!
I had in mind in one specific client, one could list all NXT accounts with according balance... Ill take another look.
Activity: 386
Merit: 250
I am on OSX running the Nxt client through the Terminal. How do I properly shut it down so that it compresses the database? So far I've just been closing the Terminal window, but that's not ideal.

(I didn't see this addressed in the wiki, so I'm asking here.)

Is it control-C  ?

Same on windows

Yep, it sure is.
Thanks for the quick answer, Eadeqa!
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
I am on OSX running the Nxt client through the Terminal. How do I properly shut it down so that it compresses the database? So far I've just been closing the Terminal window, but that's not ideal.

Is it control-C  ?

Same on windows
Activity: 364
☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82
Thanks again to all those who helped to update the network.

I currently get a rate of updated peers of 79%.
Activity: 386

Activity: 714
How can I get detailed account-balance statistics?

NXT blockchain explorer only lists 60 places...

You can see some interessant statistics there : http://charts.nxtcrypto.org/cDistributionTopAccount.aspx
Activity: 338
How long until fork is done and stops causing any problems for clients?
Till you either update to a new client and all nodes are up-to-date.
Activity: 672
Well, first life isn't fair.  The sooner you learn that the faster you'll succeed.  PoS or PoW, doesn't really matter, those that put in the most will get the most out.  You're either spending $$$ on mining equipment or the actual crypto.

As for a solution, band together and lease out your Nxt.  I haven't tested it yet (anyone got a good pool?) but I like the concept.

how it works the nxt lease?

You lease out your Nxt to someone for a stated period of time (expressed in blocks).  You still have full control of your Nxt but you relinquish your forging power to the pool.  The combined amount gives you greater success of forging a block and the reward is then divided amongst the group by your % contributed.

Each pool would set up their own rules like any fees and such so what I'm saying is just a broad overview from my understanding.
Activity: 502
what's wrong with cryptsy withdrawals? they are not processing, aren't they on fork?
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
How long until fork is done and stops causing any problems for clients?
Activity: 311

how it works the nxt lease?
Activity: 672

Activity: 364
☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82
Im not a NXT pro, but AFAIS you would have to run a node for each account to forge? So you would have to set up several computers I suppose...

Nope. A node can forge for many accounts.
legendary
Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000
How do I blacklist the peers in the new client (Wesley's)?

You don't have to do anything. If you are on current version, you are not on a fork.

Thanks for the hint!
Activity: 644

You don't have to do anything. If you are on current version, you are not on a fork.
Activity: 121

+1

Paid C programmer required, help us get our features here sooner!  Cheesy
Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

You have to edit the file nxt-default.properties

# Known bad peers to be blacklisted
nxt.knownBlacklistedPeers=

Here you have to fill in the IP's of the nodes that you want to blacklist.

I never blacklisted a node so I hope this is the right way to do it  Wink

Quick point:
Its better not to edit nxt-default.properties. Create a new file called nxt.properties and then copy the lines that you wish to change over from nxt-default.properties.
On initialisation the values from nxt.properties will overwrite the same values from nxt-default.
This also means that when you upgrade, the nxt.properties file will not be overwritten by a new version, while nxt-default.properties will.

Heres my nxt.properties file:

nxt.myAddress=EvilWorld

nxt.myPlatform=EvilPC

nxt.myHallmark=

nxt.allowedBotHosts=0.0.0.0

nxt.apiServerHost=0.0.0.0

nxt.apiResourceBase=C:/nxt/html/tools

nxt.javadocResourceBase=C:/nxt/html/doc

nxt.enableUIServer=true

nxt.allowedUserHosts=*

nxt.uiServerHost=0.0.0.0

nxt.uiResourceBase=C:/nxt/html/nrs

This is mentioned in the release notes somewhere.....

Jump to: