Pages:
Author

Topic: | Nxt | Blockchain Platform | Proof of Stake | Official - page 90. (Read 941260 times)

Activity: 934
Merit: 257
HAIL THE KING!
Is there a guide how to backup and restore my local nxt wallet?
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
Will Nxt price double in July?
The ignis is coming, and Nxt stakeholders are given ignis just for holding it.

It is possible but ghost month is coming. Last year a month before ghost month started, market already at steady decline. Well this year is a big year of the alts and aths so who knows. Let's ride the bull and slay the bears.

It is said that the snapshot will be taken the quarter of 2017, I guess price will be increased a lot before that happen.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860

It is possible but ghost month is coming. Last year a month before ghost month started, market already at steady decline. Well this year is a big year of the alts and aths so who knows. Let's ride the bull and slay the bears.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Come-from-Beyond maybe was indeed the original developer of Nxt, although as far as I know he has not acknowledged that clearly nor provided proof so far.

That BCNext disappeared was one of the positive aspects about NXT - it's a wise decision in the long run. It removes a risk, a profit motive and a game of reputation. Would disappoint me a lot if CfB would confirm it was him. If it is true he would give up this positive aspect to gain reputation to boost his new project. If it was a lie then that would be of course doubly horrible.
Activity: 460
Hi all, how is Iota joined to Nxt? There is discussion on nxtforum but I don't see the link. If Iota goes up, is Nxt going up too?

Thanks all

There's essentially two links between IOTA and Nxt.

One, the initial distribution for IOTA happened with two types of investment: 1) Direct BTC investment, and 2) Holders of the JINN token ( https://mynxt.info/asset/3061160746493230502 ) that was issued in the Nxt asset exchange, could swap their JINN for a participation in the IOTA project.

And two, Come-from-Beyond, IOTA core developer, has always been rumored to be an alter ego of BCNext, the original creator of Nxt who started the platform and transferred development to Jean-Luc, the current Nxt lead core developer who has been working on it since late 2013/early 2014. Recently David Sønstebø, founder of IOTA along with others including Come-from-Beyond, claimed in an interview that "before IOTA, we also invented full Proof of Stake through Nxt". That "we" is clearly out of place since David himself or other members of the IOTA foundation had no role in the invention of Nxt. Come-from-Beyond maybe was indeed the original developer of Nxt, although as far as I know he has not acknowledged that clearly nor provided proof so far.

Regardless, price of IOTA and NXT are independent.
Activity: 289
Merit: 100
Also reread this post, the initial promotional content, as always optimistic about you, see you have been making progress, I spent a lot of money to buy Nxt, hoping to bring me good returns
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
Awesomeness, that's how I'll describe the $NXT phenomenon over the past two days.  Did you all see the stalwartness of the $XVG price in this last correction?  12,500 Sats is our next stop.   Grin
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Hi all, how is Iota joined to Nxt? There is discussion on nxtforum but I don't see the link. If Iota goes up, is Nxt going up too?

Thanks all
Activity: 280
One of the very nice coins to follow with new features that are more simple and dynamic and will preserve the security of nxt users,
Whether to use smart token like ETH in myetherwallet
Activity: 378
From your experience, what's more rewarding the Lease or Forging?

Wonder if NXT have a calculator for both

Essentially it's the same -> same stake same reward.

It only gets tricky if you have a very small amount of NXT. So under 1000 NXT you couldn't forge - so a pool is the only option. With something like 10k NXT it might still be a good idea, as you have such a low chance of finding a block (similar to how pools help in Bitcoin).
Problem here is to get your reward from the pool - it takes a transaction, and a transaction costs 1 NXT. Very low stakes might take time to make that worth it.

Anyways, it's not a get-rich-quick scheme. With middle sized stakes it's rewarding right now though, with the lotteries. And you help your investment by securing the blockchain.

So with 6K Nxt's will you recommend forging or leasing from your experience? I don't plan to make any transaction during this year. so I prefer the "lock and forget" method now, put it in a wallet and use nxt next year.

If you lease to a pool you'll need to renew the lease every 45 days as this is the maximum period the lease can be set for (65535 blocks to be exact ~45 days).
Activity: 308

It only gets tricky if you have a very small amount of NXT. So under 1000 NXT you couldn't forge - so a pool is the only option. With something like 10k NXT it might still be a good idea, as you have such a low chance of finding a block (similar to how pools help in Bitcoin).
Problem here is to get your reward from the pool - it takes a transaction, and a transaction costs 1 NXT. Very low stakes might take time to make that worth it.

Anyways, it's not a get-rich-quick scheme. With middle sized stakes it's rewarding right now though, with the lotteries. And you help your investment by securing the blockchain.

So with 6K Nxt's will you recommend forging or leasing from your experience? I don't plan to make any transaction during this year. so I prefer the "lock and forget" method now, put it in a wallet and use nxt next year.

Got it! thanks.

And I don't have to keep my wallet opened by mistake right lol

No, you don't have to keep the wallet open. For leasing you just make one transaction.
When you are forging yourself, then you have to login - start the forging process and keep the software running. The wallet itself is closed.   

If you have a lot of NXT you could get a cloud server and run the Nxt-software there. It's a bit advanced, but doable for anyone a bit handy with tech.

Got it! thanks.

No, you don't have to keep the wallet open. For leasing you just make one transaction.
When you are forging yourself, then you have to login - start the forging process and keep the software running. The wallet itself is closed.   

If you have a lot of NXT you could get a cloud server and run the Nxt-software there. It's a bit advanced, but doable for anyone a bit handy with tech.
What is the min. coins for a node?

In order to lease i just keep them on my wallet and close the pc? Is there an annual fee?

Check the NXT forging Calculator for how much you can make. It notes there that 1000 NXT is the minimum to forge. 

For leasing all you have to do one lease-transaction with the wallet. There it gives you the option to choose for how long it will be leased. There is a maximum ... I think it's roughly 3 months.
Some pools give you the earnings that your stake made. Some give it to the NXT-foundation. It's all up to the pool. You could start looking for pools on the NXT forum I suppose.

Got it! thanks.

In order to lease i just keep them on my wallet and close the pc? Is there an annual fee?

Check the NXT forging Calculator for how much you can make. It notes there that 1000 NXT is the minimum to forge. 

For leasing all you have to do one lease-transaction with the wallet. There it gives you the option to choose for how long it will be leased. There is a maximum ... I think it's roughly 3 months.
Some pools give you the earnings that your stake made. Some give it to the NXT-foundation. It's all up to the pool. You could start looking for pools on the NXT forum I suppose.
Activity: 870
Merit: 500
Trading will make me rich)
Is it worth mining NXT? I already invested some bitcoins on this but Its just staying on the exchange? I want to know if its worth it running a node here to mine this coin. Or just better hold it.

Better not keep your NXT or any other crypto at exchange if you don't plan trading it... check bter and otehrs, people lost billions already
Is it worth mining NXT? I already invested some bitcoins on this but Its just staying on the exchange? I want to know if its worth it running a node here to mine this coin. Or just better hold it.

If you "just hold it" you might as well forge. If you have a good bit of NXT, then you can get some additional ones - and with the lotteries it adds up.
All it takes is to run a node. I run one on a cloud server, which costs just 3 euro a month. Next to updating occasionally, there is to no maintenance necessary.
More nodes, and more stake doing the forging also helps make NXT secure - so protects your investment.

Alternatively you can lease your funds to a forging pool. Again, that supports the network by raising the staking Nxt.

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000
There's no longer any available time for this back and forth rhetoric.  It's all hyperspeed now.  Pumpers will Pump,  FUDsters Will Fud,Developers must Develop and thank God HODLRs will HODL.  No luxury is now available to Devs except for being Geniuses in their creativity.  Powerfully backed projects are now invading the space raising millions for development out the door.  Significant implementations must now take place for any project that wants to keep being relevant.

If your holding $NXT and you've decided to keep holding community support is now necessary.  The community must rise up against haters so that Devs can concentrate on development.  If you're a HODLR you have a reason why you are.  You have a self benefiting reason to express "the why" you're sticking to the project.  Let us rise against the haters and let's kick them out by shear brut force of thought and logic.  Now I'm not suggesting that the community remain not vigilant and hail everything that comes down the pike - we must remain objective!

No reason now why $NXT should not be $1.00 NOW, TODAY!

yay, good perspective!
Yeah, nice rally-call.  Cool A CEO of NXT in the making  Tongue
Pages:
Jump to: