Pages:
Author

Topic: NXT/NEM or Monero/Bytecoin? - page 7. (Read 5164 times)

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
amarha
June 08, 2014, 03:41:56 PM
NXT and Monero, these two are completely different coins and they cannot be compared IMO.

Which one has a better chance of becoming a successful alternative to btc/ltc?
I'm sure Darkcoin or(and) Zerocoin/Zerocash will overcome Bitcoin someday.

Why can two different coin technologies not be compared? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each tech?
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
June 08, 2014, 03:41:33 PM
Bytecoin
Activity: 300
Merit: 250
June 08, 2014, 03:36:26 PM
NXT look like a share rather than a currency.
Activity: 910
Decentralized Jihad
June 08, 2014, 03:28:13 PM
NXT and Monero, these two are completely different coins and they cannot be compared IMO.

Which one has a better chance of becoming a successful alternative to btc/ltc?
I'm sure Darkcoin or(and) Zerocoin/Zerocash will overcome Bitcoin someday.
legendary
Activity: 826
amarha
June 08, 2014, 03:10:56 PM
It seems to me from my limited knowledge that these are the two new competitors to bitcoin and I was wondering which one had more advantages over the other.

Mainly I'm wondering about the underlying technology, i.e. NXT vs CryptoNote. Which one has a better chance of becoming a successful alternative to btc/ltc?

Are there any glaring problems in either technology that I should know about?

How about the dev teams? Are both technologies supported by a robust and active development team?

People's main argument in favour of bitcoin is that bitcoin can always add whatever features are implemented on altcoins. But from what I can tell bitcoin is the old dinosaur very resistant to change and anything but agile. Bitcoin doesn't even seem to be interested in addressing the problems that it has, let alone adding new features or upgrades.

So what features really stand out about either technology?

Does anyone feel that either codebase is objectively better than bitcoin? Or are we not quite there yet?
Pages:
Jump to: