Pages:
Author

Topic: Obsidian ODN - CryptoCurrency & Secure Anonymous Messaging - page 6. (Read 92706 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 254
The latest ODIN/ODN  Changelog can be viewed here:  WEEK COMMENCING 23-07-2018
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Claims site to get ODIN already works!  Cheesy
https://claim.odinblockchain.org

ODIN WHITEPAPER V0.1
https://odinblockchain.org/odin-whitepaper-and-claim-announcement/

I think that the price of the Obsidian will rise!
Activity: 22
Cool! I'd love to buy some Obsidian with some Obsidian <3 Embarrassed

When will you publish a detailed instruction and infographic ODIN receipt?
Interesting stuff, I'll have to join the discord, so will we be able to still keep our ODN? sad to see it sitting so low in the market...

was there an update I missed in the last little bit?
join the discord,this is the best option to be in the center of events Wink
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Kaspa
Interesting stuff, I'll have to join the discord, so will we be able to still keep our ODN? sad to see it sitting so low in the market...

was there an update I missed in the last little bit?
On Friday 27th July, as a holder of Obsidian (ODN), you will be able to initialize the ODIN Claim process   ODIN will only be distributed _after_ claim registrations have been closed. More information regarding the ODIN claim process will be released in due course. use #claim-portal-support channel in the ODIN Discord https://discord.me/odinblockchain for this purpose.
‘Initiative Update’ for ODIN. These updates will provide a bridge between operational change  and  ‘Announcements’, which indicate launched products or features.

Click through here https://medium.com/@odinblockchain/odin-blockchain-initiative-update-5bf1c7717f24 to read this full update which includes:
1) Sneak peek from  current draft version of the ODIN whitepaper
2) Update on regular AMAs
3) Bounty update
Quick summary of ODN and ODIN for anyone that has missed it or misunderstood what is going on right now

Obsidian Platform (OPL) is a privacy-focused crypto project which embraces open source and community involvement.

OPL has so far funded and supported the development of ODN, a fork of Stratis, and is working with developers from the community to add masternodes and service nodes with an aim to run decentralized applications on the ODN blockchain.

OPL has supported the development of the Obsidian Secure Messenger (OSM) mobile app which is currently hosted and maintained by Claus Ehrenberg (Blackstone).

A primary current focus is the development of a PoS privacy coin, ODIN Blockchain, and other technology around this. Legitimate ODN holders will soon be able to register on a claim portal in advance of a distribution of ODIN coins to ODN holders. The Whitepaper for ODIN will be published soon, and there is an active community around ODIN here.

OPL is continuing to support the development of the ODN chain, whilst building and assisting with the development of DApps on the ODIN Blockchain.

Official ODN Wallet Downloads

We look forward to revealing more information very soon. Please stay tuned on our Discord channel. Check out the community and social links on the ODIN Blockchain website.

To receive Odin compensation, where is it better to store the Obsidian coins?
Exchange or wallet?
Or on a new site it will be necessary to specify simply active addresses and number of coins?
How will Odin count?
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Quick summary of ODN and ODIN for anyone that has missed it or misunderstood what is going on right now

Obsidian Platform (OPL) is a privacy-focused crypto project which embraces open source and community involvement.

OPL has so far funded and supported the development of ODN, a fork of Stratis, and is working with developers from the community to add masternodes and service nodes with an aim to run decentralized applications on the ODN blockchain.

OPL has supported the development of the Obsidian Secure Messenger (OSM) mobile app which is currently hosted and maintained by Claus Ehrenberg (Blackstone).

A primary current focus is the development of a PoS privacy coin, ODIN Blockchain, and other technology around this. Legitimate ODN holders will soon be able to register on a claim portal in advance of a distribution of ODIN coins to ODN holders. The Whitepaper for ODIN will be published soon, and there is an active community around ODIN here.

OPL is continuing to support the development of the ODN chain, whilst building and assisting with the development of DApps on the ODIN Blockchain.

Official ODN Wallet Downloads

We look forward to revealing more information very soon. Please stay tuned on our Discord channel. Check out the community and social links on the ODIN Blockchain website.
Is there any update about the ODIN fork ? The total supply of coins ? The utility of each blockchain vs the other ?
all the latest news here https://medium.com/@odinblockchain/odin-blockchain-changelog-week-commencing-25-06-2018-be437b3bb555

ODIN has not been launched nor have details  Sad
legendary
Activity: 1364
Merit: 1000
Is there any update about the ODIN fork ? The total supply of coins ? The utility of each blockchain vs the other ?
There has been a wallet update to 1.0.0.8 on the Obsidian Github. This update is not released by the Core Team, nor has it been audited or checked for security in general.
discourage  from downloading this wallet until further notice
Activity: 394
Merit: 117
another exit scam or what?
Activity: 365
Merit: 100
hello friends
if you haven't already joined the odin telegram feel free to do so here:ODIN - Official
Proof of Stake (PoS) Cryptocurrency and Decentralised Ecosystem with Masternodes  https://t.me/ODINchain
good news ODN &ODIN soon  Wink

Is there even the remotest hint at something like a date for the mainnet for the ODIN side of things? This whole thing is really shrouded in mistery…
no updates  Undecided but hopefully we know more soon

I think joining Discord for updates is probably the best Idea. The Team or the community is quite active there and there are sometimes some sort of contests and rewarding events. I can only advise to join.

Not sure if the question makes sense, but is both the cryptocurrency transactions and the messages anonymous or only messaging?

Very good question as part of the new development especially. Since the messaging is anonymous, it makes sense to have at least the option to send the transactions anon too

Are you from the team or did you just provide an answer without knowing the truth?
Activity: 237
Merit: 110
I filled my indulgence tank with a new portion of delight thanks to seeing the spine bones and premordial limbs of your kicking project. However Im now feeling exhausted at keeping all that delight inside my receptacle of faith and am ought to take a drop or few off it to maintain the balance of permeability of substances contained within myself.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 506
Thanks for posting that Andro! Here's the info.

In the following we’ll provide a brief overview for the reasons for the upcoming split, as well the vision of ODIN.

During the process of working on Obsidian, the team realised they were utilizing only a small fraction of the potential that was possible from our project. In addition, many new technologies emerged as this whole field continues to mature.

The former development team's strategy was to adapt a centralized, non-crypto/blockchain based messenger into a decentralized, crypto supporting and blockchain based secure messenger. However, it became crystal clear that the original Obsidian project could be expanded far, far beyond this limited objective.

We could become a complete open source, mobile based development platform ecosystem with a privacy mandate. One that was ideally placed to target decentralized blockchain projects in a unique, compelling human-centered way; an ecosystem which encapsulates all our core values.

These realizations coming to light, coupled with the several deficiencies encountered during audits on ODN, led us on this new path. One where we could fix all the mistakes from the past, and which would allow us to create a stronger, much more future-proof foundation.

Thus, Odin was born.

To work on this much larger scope, we have brought in a new Odin core development team that had a much greater understanding of our key issues and who are much more capable in accomplishing this expanded vision than Obsidian's original core team.

They have completely revised and redesigned the old system, and are implementing a much more robust, cohesive and agile blockchain which enables us to meet our expanded vision both in terms of quality as well as rate of progression.

They have put decentralization, the coin, the blockchain platform first, as to have a solid foundation for further applications and other software to be built upon.

We will therefore soon release ODIN which is a uniquely human-centered blockchain development platform, that will hold community at its core much more than what we originally could have envisioned.
However, the release of ODIN does not mean we will pull all support from ODN. As a chain started by OPL, we consider it our responsibility to keep it viable and alive. Therefore, as part of our commitment to the ODN community we will continue to provide support and improve on this chain as well.

-Pete

Thanks for the major update. I am curious to see  how all this turns out. I am following the discord channel and I really like the steady updates and the ongoing discussion with the community. Also the contests are a great way in my eyes to be in direct contact.

Is there any comparisons of major targets in regards of other competing projects? Since the split did in fact cost some time and it would be great to see how it is planned find the necessary and fitting niche
Pages:
Jump to: