Pages:
Author

Topic: OC AsicBoost Antminer S9, T9+ Bmminer - Deploy Tool and access to set freq, volt, Fan Disable - page 3. (Read 23657 times)

Activity: 67
Merit: 24
I used for t9+ but not connect to pool and burn 17 asic😭

Hi, sorry to hear that you are having issues, the first firmware deployer is for S9 and T9+, the last update was posted for the user which wanted
to try a different firmware.. Perhaps I should start a new thread to avoid this kind of missunderstandings
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hi, yes, please send me the firmware which was working for you and will send you a patching file containing that firmware.

I was able to overclock the miner from outside the bmminer, Freq and Voltage. Right now I did it for the Asic Boost firmware from
Bitmain. Here's a link:

http://torrent-miner.com/tools/Antminer-S9-LPM-20181023_OC.tar.gz

I am working on disabling fan check, but for those interested on that, get in touch on discord or PM as that's not going to be released for free.

I used for t9+ but not connect to pool and burn 17 asic😭
Hi Alex, do you have an update?

Hi, yes, please send me the firmware which was working for you and will send you a patching file containing that firmware.

I was able to overclock the miner from outside the bmminer, Freq and Voltage. Right now I did it for the Asic Boost firmware from
Bitmain. Here's a link:

Attention!!! S9 only.
http://torrent-miner.com/tools/Antminer-S9-LPM-20181023_OC.tar.gz

Installation & Config:

1. Flash this from the upgrade page on the miner dashboard, the last option which says: Flash new firmware image
2. After the machine reboots, on the config page (http://192.168.xxx.xxx/cgi-bin/minerConfiguration.cgi) set the following:
    a. checkbox to enable fixed freq to enable setting frequency
    b. Set a frequency for overclock
    c. checkbox to allow voltage setting
    d. set a voltage (start from 890 to 920) for freq between 675 and 750.
    e. Press apply to save the settings.
3. Please report if it worked for you or not, as some users have problems setting this up and I am trying to understand if it's miners version or is Error Code: PEBCAK

I am working on disabling fan check, but for those interested on that, get in touch on discord or PM as that's not going to be released for free.
Activity: 16
I Alex, your dicuss threads not work. Do you gave another new threads? What is your username in discuss?
I Alex, your dicuss threads not work. Do you gave another new threads? What is your username in discuss?

Hi Alex, do you have an update?
Hi Alex,
I have problems with s9i 14 TH. The temp chip comme to 99 and 100. Before the update, the temperature is 72 to 74. I restore bmminer.conf, *.cgi files and bmminer executable and the s9 come to 72. Did you have this problems with S9i?

Thanks a lot!

Hi, there have been some issues with newer miners than the source code available on github. I am working now on a version which is going to be compatible with any miner version, including the latest so called "asic boost" low power firmware which is
just released. From what I understand it might be no time soon source code available, so I have found a workaround on setting frequency, voltage and will try disabling fans as well.

I am still trying to figure if there's any asic boost at all in the latest firmware or if it's better power management combined with different algorithm of communication with the pool.. Anways, will keep you updated.

Unfortunately I will be charging for the next firmware update because of the complexity of the task.

Join discord to stay updated : https://discord.gg/VugHH8

Alex
Hi Alex,
I have problems with s9i 14 TH. The temp chip comme to 99 and 100. Before the update, the temperature is 72 to 74. I restore bmminer.conf, *.cgi files and bmminer executable and the s9 come to 72. Did you have this problems with S9i?

Thanks a lot!
Hi, I finally managed to get an S9! and I tried your mod, and for the S9 it works perfectly (I only recover the files)! play well;)

The only downside, the reporter's temperature seems much higher than the reality ... and moreover the fan-fixed operation has been removed?

in my test, I also flash firware S9J on my S9 13.5, and pushing the minor on the frequencies, the kernel displays voltage - 454? at take it will seem that it runs under 900mv I pence, and rises very easily at 16Th;)
But this is only for information;)

Hi, I've seen some cases where temperature looks different from original, that's because there are so many versions of boards, will try to split the firmware in multiple board versions in the future if possible, but for this will need to test on a lot of machine types and is not an easy process.

In the meanwhile there's an update to the deployment tool available. I made it to detect the miner version and copy the proper bmminer, there were quite a few users which put the wrong settings when deploying to T9+.
http://torrent-miner.com/tools/Antminer-MassDeployer-v.1.0.zip , also a video on how to use the tool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkB6ymB01c4

Good luck!
Activity: 446
Merit: 347
Hi, I finally managed to get an S9! and I tried your mod, and for the S9 it works perfectly (I only recover the files)! play well;)

The only downside, the reporter's temperature seems much higher than the reality ... and moreover the fan-fixed operation has been removed?

I think the problem is windows 7 not having some libraries to load this. This script is made with python and compiled, it contains all the libraries needed to run ssh commands and python it's self, which is about 7-8 MB,
that's how python gets compiled to run as an .exe .

We plan making this in a different language in case we decide to make this in the end a project to focus on, it will be smaller in size when done in c# or c++.

You can also try running this as Administrator, see if it's doing any difference. Will install a VM in the following days to test on other windows versions, as I am working with win10 and it's where it's compiled on.
the spaces are the result of the translator (I'm french)
the xxxx are my masked name (I'm stupid lol)

I just decompression in a folder, configure the "ip_list.txt" with the ip address of my minor 192.168.1.xx and inform minerversion = T9 + in the "config.txt"

And run in admin mode the deploy.bat, i run with windows 7 pro

I think the problem comes from your software that will look for the DLL ==> AppData \ Local \ Temp \ _MEI23962 \ python36.dll '

but it does not find it because I do not have it ... and it's not a common file for DLLs ... I'm wrong?

Off topic but a question ... your bmminer-deploy.exe does 8MB? it seems huge to me for simple scrypt ....
I would suggest trying in a more friendly path location, without xxx spaces and others. And run the .bat file after setting the config file.
You can place it in D:/bmminer-deploy or something like this, see if you still get an error.

Which windows you run it ? I work with windows 10.
yes i know, i also copy the set-miner ....

I understand, you do not have that to do to explain how to do and this is not the subject here;)

I will try your method ... with your application deploy ...Wink

Edit : i try this ... i past the log :

Code:
C:\Users\xxxx\Desktop\Firmware antminer D3 et L3+\Unlock T9+ S9 bmminer>bmminer-deploy.exe
Error loading Python DLL 'C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\_MEI23962\python36.dll'.
No error messages generated.
FormatMessageW: ParamÞtre incorrect.
LoadLibrary: PyInstaller: FormatMessageW failed.
C:\Users\xxxx\Desktop\Firmware antminer D3 et L3+\Unlock T9+ S9 bmminer>pause
yes;) it's already what I did:

Before i connection only hashboard for test

1 - remove original Bmminer
2 - copy Bmminer-T9 +
3 - rename to bmminer
3 - Attribution of the right attribute
4 - replace minerConfiguration.cgi
5 - delete from minerConfiguration2.cgi (if in doubt)
6 - in page configuration, modified the value and apply

and after you know more ...

In my newer version I added a set_miner_conf.cgi to setup the extra veriables I added to turn off or on voltage setting, that must be added otherwise it will not write properly the config file.

There are some files which you did not copy/set. I am not going over the entire logic of the tool, as the purpose is not to teach others to program or how to make their own tools for this.

This bmminer file is made to include new interface variables. If you want your own bmminer, stripped of the interface stuff, you can use the video to build a bmminer and set things inside bmminer
then build every time you want to change a value.

Hope it makes sense. Spend a little more time with this if you want to do it your own way then in 1-2 days can post your solution, we are crowding this topic already.
yes;) it's already what I did:

Before i connection only hashboard for test

1 - remove original Bmminer
2 - copy Bmminer-T9 +
3 - rename to bmminer
3 - Attribution of the right attribute
4 - replace minerConfiguration.cgi
5 - delete from minerConfiguration2.cgi (if in doubt)
6 - in page configuration, modified the value and apply

and after you know more ...
it's more than 3 months that my T9 + turn at about 12.5Ths without problem, I had tweak this minor since long time: p

so I prayed the Bmminer T9 + that I copy on my minor, I also gave him the right to know rwxr-xr-x ...

I do not see where the mistake is ... anyway it is absolutely necessary to execute your deployer? Did I miss something ?

I must recognize that the possibility of changing the tension of your bmminer greatly interests me: p

Do a search on youtube for my video where I show to build the bmminer and how to install it, I am not sure if I am allowed to post
youtube links on this forum, but you should be able to find it easy enough. The tool was made for mass deploy, so for 1 machine I guess is not
really needed if you know what you are doing. It's helpful to learn anyway what needs to be done. I guess you renamed bmminer_t9+ to bmminer .

Also, you can try with one board if you are unsure of your results, maybe you have a different T9+ miner, who knows.
it's more than 3 months that my T9 + turn at about 12.5Ths without problem, I had tweak this minor since long time: p

so I prayed the Bmminer T9 + that I copy on my minor, I also gave him the right to know rwxr-xr-x ...

I do not see where the mistake is ... anyway it is absolutely necessary to execute your deployer? Did I miss something ?

I must recognize that the possibility of changing the tension of your bmminer greatly interests me: p
Thank you I know lol I'm not at my test shot on the minor, I'm also in hardware! Wink

on your tweak, i did not run the "bmminer-deploy.exe" but i just copy the "bmminer-t9 +" and "minerconfiguration" on my minor, i got the config page, i take 700mhz and 870mv ...

But that did not work, I took care not to use the bmminer-S9 but beautiful and well the T9 + bmminer;)

not sure what to say, I did that tool to avoid doing this kind of support because there are some steps which must be followed when copying these files, permissions set etc.

Someone on my discord channel got it overclocked to 13.7 using same files, also had issues before using the deploy tool.

The guy on discord used 750 frequency, but temp was 100 deg, a bit to much I would say. Let me know if you manage to do it, I am sure you would find a way eventually if you don't
want to use my tool.
Thank you I know lol I'm not at my test shot on the minor, I'm also in hardware! Wink

on your tweak, i did not run the "bmminer-deploy.exe" but i just copy the "bmminer-t9 +" and "minerconfiguration" on my minor, i got the config page, i take 700mhz and 870mv ...

But that did not work, I took care not to use the bmminer-S9 but beautiful and well the T9 + bmminer;)
Pages:
Jump to: