Pages:
Author

Topic: OC AsicBoost Antminer S9, T9+ Bmminer - Deploy Tool and access to set freq, volt, Fan Disable - page 4. (Read 23657 times)

Activity: 67
Merit: 24
I tested this for T9+!!! but ... i'm sorry, big problem, PIC SW error see :

[...]

i restored my board with my PicKit3

Hi,

It seems that you did not read nor the post nor the read me file. You deployed with the config left for S9.

I plan to add a check for the miner version and choose bmminer automatically, but I will implement that when I have some free time.

For now you open config.txt and for minerversion type T9+

Great! so, if I understand correctly, can not change the voltage via this BMMINER for T9 + but only the ratio "voltage / freq" has been changed?

in addition, your BMMINER for T9 + thus brings the freq control, and the deactivation of the fan check?

I'm just going to take the BMMINER and the configuration page and test all that to see how it's done;)

Hi, no, you can change voltage and freq independently, you just need to be more careful with the readme files delivered with this kind of scripts.

Good luck!
Activity: 446
Merit: 347
I tested this for T9+!!! but ... i'm sorry, big problem, PIC SW error see :

Code:
Miner Type = T9+
set_reset_allhashboard = 0x0000ffff
set_reset_allhashboard = 0x00000000
chain[2] PIC jump to app
Check chain[2] PIC fw version=0x03
chain[2] PIC need restore ...
dsPIC33EP16GS202_get_pic_sw_version failed on Chain[2]!
After restore: chain[2] PIC fw version=0xff
chain[2] PIC need restore ...
After restore: chain[2] PIC fw version=0xff
Chain[J3] will use voltage=930 [1] to open core
set_Voltage_S9_plus_plus_BM1387_54 failed on Chain[2]!

Chain[J11] will use voltage=930 [1] to open core
Chain[J12] will use voltage=930 [1] to open core
Fix freq=675 custom_voltage_value=870 custom_voltage_enabled=1 disable_fan_check=0 fixed_frequency=1
Fix freq=675 Chain[2] voltage_pic=11 value=870
 voltage_config=7792282
Fix freq=675 Chain[10] voltage_pic=11 value=870
 voltage_config=7792282
Fix freq=675 Chain[11] voltage_pic=11 value=870
 voltage_config=7792282
dsPIC33EP16GS202_enable_pic_dc_dc failed on Chain[2]!
set_reset_allhashboard = 0x00000000
Chain[J3] has 0 asic
Chain[J11] has 0 asic
Chain[J12] has 0 asic
miner total rate=0GH/s fixed rate=0GH/s

i restored my board with my PicKit3
Great! so, if I understand correctly, can not change the voltage via this BMMINER for T9 + but only the ratio "voltage / freq" has been changed?

in addition, your BMMINER for T9 + thus brings the freq control, and the deactivation of the fan check?

I'm just going to take the BMMINER and the configuration page and test all that to see how it's done;)
Alex, thanks for providing this to the BTC Talk community.

Hi, You are welcome! let me know if you find any problems while using it.
copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 32
Alex, thanks for providing this to the BTC Talk community.
My experiance on 2 x T9 + is:

675Mhz - 810Mv (display in kernel log) and about 12.4 Ths for 1400W at maturity

Strongly your Bmminer that I can adjust the voltage! because to mount the Freq does not give good result because the card hash moin quickly ...

https://nsa39.casimages.com/img/2018/10/03/181003103711543667.jpg

Hi,

I finished testing today bmminer for T9+ and it runs stable for 3 days without issues, I tested with 675 Freq and 920 mv, had 12.3 TH/s. I did not had time to measure power, but is not much
I can do in the bmminer anyway, this is tweaking of voltage per frequency ratio. If you have the chance to test it, would be great to post the results here as well.

I updated the deploy tool and contains now a setting to switch between bmminer for T9 and S9.

One thing to be careful, is to make sure you deploy for the right machine, the bmminer from the S9 has a different firmware version for the pic which controls voltage on the board
and it can make the firmware of the pic rewriten and fail to boot up. It can be fixed by rewriting the PIC software from a working board, but it's easier to be careful in the first place.

In the future I might add this check for machine version in the deployment tool to autodetect the miner, that will allow deploying on mixed ip list.

Here's the download link:
http://torrent-miner.com/tools/bmminer-deploy-S9-T9+.zip

Again, no dev fees, I will update this thread in case I change my mind in this matter, for now I am still making my mind if I should ask money for bmminer or for deployment tools, some feedback would be greately
apprecciated! We need to get some cash support as well to keep adding new features, but I want to make sure that the stuff we release is helpful for others as well and that we develop in the right direction.

I saw a lot of versions on the forum changing config files, installing .sh scripts on the miner, running online 3rd party miner management interface, so I am not sure what users really want. This would be
an interesting quizz I guess.

Good luck! Smiley

Alex
My experiance on 2 x T9 + is:

675Mhz - 810Mv (display in kernel log) and about 12.4 Ths for 1400W at maturity

Strongly your Bmminer that I can adjust the voltage! because to mount the Freq does not give good result because the card hash moin quickly ...

https://nsa39.casimages.com/img/2018/10/03/181003103711543667.jpg
Activity: 287
Merit: 18
Hi, I am still running stability tests of the bmminer, I don't think running at 14 TH/s will be ok for T9+ with regular cooling, so far I run it for 2 days on 12.3 TH/s with a freq of 675 . With 675 MHz it stays at 83 Chip temp, which is resonable.

I did not do any consuming tests, as this is not usually my thing to do, the clients tune their machine by their environment, hashing rate required, wattage etc.

I will post an upgrade soon which will include T9+ firmware and a config to switch between which miner you want to deploy.

very nice...thanks for your contribution to mining community!
looking great!
is the T9 available yet? cat it oc as well to 14TH?

Hi, I am still running stability tests of the bmminer, I don't think running at 14 TH/s will be ok for T9+ with regular cooling, so far I run it for 2 days on 12.3 TH/s with a freq of 675 . With 675 MHz it stays at 83 Chip temp, which is resonable.

I did not do any consuming tests, as this is not usually my thing to do, the clients tune their machine by their environment, hashing rate required, wattage etc.

I will post an upgrade soon which will include T9+ firmware and a config to switch between which miner you want to deploy.
Activity: 434
Merit: 30
looking great!
is the T9 available yet? cat it oc as well to 14TH?
What conssomation?

my T9 + test indicates

Code:
Fix freq = 643 Chain [1] voltage_pic = 28 value = 820
Fix freq = 643 Chain [2] voltage_pic = 28 value = 820
Fix freq = 643 Chain [8] voltage_pic = 28 value = 820

perfectly stable at 7.9Ths and 0.0003% hw (only 2 hashboard) and 920W
Hi,

It's just one minerConfiguration.cgi in the package because there are 2 files the same, but with different name. I replace both files on the miner.

For T9+, I tested and foltage setting works fine. I set it to 675 mhz and 920 mv for now to see how it holds. I think 930 or 940 is the hardware limit set on the pic as well as on the s9.

Will post an update to this thread when it's live.
Hi, that makes me look nice! I nevertheless "find" a problem, in the "set-miner-config" ...

Code:
cp /www/pages/cgi-bin/minerConfiguration2.cgi /www/pages/cgi-bin/minerConfiguration.cgi -f

This will just erase the new configuration page once "apply" ... a simple oversight?

As far as I'm concerned, I'm looking forward to the Bmminer for T9 + because it's actually exactly what I'm working on now, because of the decreasing voltage variant with freq, I'm limited to 12.5Ths stable in overclock (1400W at wall).
Hey guys,

I have decided to make our deploy tool available, as many asked for a complied bmminer after I did the video on how to compile it from bitmain git source.

There's no dev fees, the only limitation is that you can deploy to 10 machines at the time using the tool. We plan making a full version available
for sale in case there will be more users requesting it.

Let me know what kind of features would be helpful for such a tool, I included the things I needed in our production environment and deploying to
other clients, but there might be interesting suggestions from others which I would like to hear.

Here's the tool: http://torrent-miner.com/tools/bmminer-deploy-demo.zip

The features:
1. IP list with machines to deploy to
2. No other scp / ssh needed, the miner will reboot automatically after deploy
3. It keeps settings on the bmminer.conf, including pool and username (useful when you deploy to machines in a working environment)
4. You have a bmminer.conf template where you can modify default settings like voltage and freq to be automatically set on all machines
5. Shows in console which machines were successfully deployed and which failed to connect to
6. In the interface you can disable fan check, this is helpful for those which are using alternative cooling.

I also managed to build the bmminer for Antminer T9+ and I will be releasing that soon as well.

Good luck!

Alex
Pages:
Jump to: