Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Announcement Thread - page 15. (Read 653184 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
July 30, 2017, 06:55:48 PM
jesus christ this whitepaper is long

i know ive prolly said that before before Im actually starting to get into reading the whole thing and i didnt realize it before

any condensed versions?

No not really
Activity: 617
Merit: 251
July 30, 2017, 06:45:22 PM
Congratulations on the website! What would this social experience be like? Is it possible to test the functions offered by this project? Is the actual product ready or about to be finalized? Sucess for you and team, dev!
Activity: 13
July 30, 2017, 06:39:34 PM
Getting annoyed because the image for the forum thread is taking forever to load

Is there an easier way to load it all?

its probably your interent speeds, its fine for me
Activity: 20
July 30, 2017, 06:31:29 PM
Getting annoyed because the image for the forum thread is taking forever to load

yeah they shouldve broken them down a little more

its a little tough because it has to load one huge image at once
Activity: 10
July 30, 2017, 06:12:22 PM

Activity: 25
July 30, 2017, 06:05:35 PM
Has anyone else seen these two reddit posts:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/6qav73/karbon_is_a_scam_dont_be_drawn_in_by_their_fake/
&
https://np.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/6qablq/karbon_is_being_pumped_by_thousands_of_fake/
Huh

They are quite discouraging.
I've invested a smaller amount in the ICO, so I don't hope they're on to something, but the authors of these posts seem pretty convinced.

Any thoughts/comments on this?

It was already dismissed as FUD, if you actually read the threads, people just state they are scamming, but there is actually no proof.

Sure they may have paid for some Reddit advertisement, but why is that a scam?

Anyway, if you read their subreddit, they already defended the accusations.

BTW, OP, you should just start a new thread due to all these false accusations being started.
Activity: 6
July 30, 2017, 03:21:59 PM
As Ive commented before, Im interested in this but I want to wait before I put more in. Anybody else in the same boat?
Activity: 31
July 30, 2017, 11:38:13 AM
This is probably the most hyped project I've seen in a while. Tried the app, it was good but had a few bugs. If you guys can actually work out some of the kinks this project can really get huge. By the way, these cards work anywhere right? Like I can use them with Amazon and other top sites?

Where can I try the app? There is no mention on the website...

The subreddit mentions only allowing 50 people to try the demo...wtf is that? If you want mass adoption and as many people as possible to invest in your ICO, you need to let us try the app. I do not understand why they would limit the demo to 50 people.
July 30, 2017, 10:53:02 AM
So, even if the MINIMUM amount of contribution is reached, they are saying that ONE karbon token will be worth appx. $1? Doesn't that seem really, really high? Even the over-hyped Status ICO only valued their tokens at about $0.035/ea.

Also, 20,000 subscribers on the subreddit, but only ~18pgs of conversation here.....

Also, one member who's name, "matrixdog" isn't even seemingly related to the Karbon project is their spokesperson here.....

This smells.......fishy to me. I will be passing.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
July 30, 2017, 10:51:06 AM
Does anybody have any idea as to when this was posted exactly? Like I know I can look at the thread creation date but usually thats not accurate
Activity: 473
Merit: 250
July 29, 2017, 04:54:14 PM
Another ICO with a credit/debit card. Which one will this be - MasterCard or Visa?

How is it different from other debit cards that previously held ICO?

Our debit card will utilize a substantially lower fee system.

The Karbon Platform is an easy way to use your earnings through your eCommerce store to spend fiat, so that you are not tied down to strictly crypto.

Thanks for your interest.

How low could the fees be compared to others. Have you made partnerships or in the process of making partnership with Visa or Mastercard?
Activity: 19
July 29, 2017, 04:39:58 PM
Why is it the KARBON subreddit has 20,000 subscribers, yet long running projects like Golem, Augur & Antshares have significantly lower subscribers. Also each thread only has a couple of comments.

Looks very suspicious!

Activity: 5
July 29, 2017, 12:04:02 AM
I had to register because I do not see anybody raising this question:
 - WHEN WILL THE KARBON TOKEN BE RELEASED INTO PUBLIC TRADING ON EXCHANGES?

On your website (karbon.io) there is a roadmap graph showing Karbon Token Trading will begin on May 2018:
http://imgur.com/ZMQ5rGQ

But then reading into your Whitepaper v1.1 (page 31) you say Karbon Token Trading will begin September 2017:
http://imgur.com/6SVHypF

When will the token be available on exchanges? Or is there something I do not understand? Yes, relative newbie here.

Hey there, we have corrected the image to match the September 2017 expected trading announcement. 

Thank you for pointing that out to us, and enjoy your night!

Nobody here's sees this as disconcerting?

NO, most ICOs pay someone to do their graphics, so there could have been a slight mixup.  Big whooop, I put eth in more this morning

right, good ICOs have also good oversight. somebody who is looking over the entire project. you don't just pay the designer and upload whatever you get. it's a no for me.
Activity: 69
July 28, 2017, 03:54:51 PM
Another ICO with a credit/debit card. Which one will this be - MasterCard or Visa?

Our debit card will utilize a substantially lower fee system.

The Karbon Platform is an easy way to use your earnings through your eCommerce store to spend fiat, so that you are not tied down to strictly crypto.

Thanks for your interest.
July 28, 2017, 02:46:29 PM
Thoughts on this vs building in the Status ecosystem?

I'm curious what status is. Do they have a subreddit or anything?

They have a whitepaper if you want to check that out

Yeah but no one is probably going to want to read that much. There should be a site that simplifies all of those types of very long PDFs

Lazy much? lol
Activity: 473
Merit: 250
July 28, 2017, 02:45:41 PM

Activity: 67
July 28, 2017, 02:42:04 PM

They have a whitepaper if you want to check that out

Yeah but no one is probably going to want to read that much. There should be a site that simplifies all of those types of very long PDFs
July 28, 2017, 02:36:59 PM

Activity: 166
Merit: 100
July 28, 2017, 02:03:22 PM
July 28, 2017, 01:46:52 PM
Any social media bounty campaign?

Yeah that's what I'm waiting for as well
Pages:
Jump to: