Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 168. (Read 530606 times)

Activity: 249
Merit: 250
Hey cool, I did not read that about Gnosis! : )

I bought a little ANC today to express my support.

I hope the Webmaster will be doing a multilingual site so I'd be useful to this Community by translating into German. But well : )
Thanks for the offer to translate. I'm looking in to how to add multilingual support to the site, but this might take some time. In my opinion, the priorities are Chinese, Spanish, Russian, and French. We will probably put up a small bounty for whoever does this.
Activity: 189
Merit: 100
जगत् िमत
1,Exchanges
BTC/ANC: http://www.btc38.com/trade_en.html?mk_type=btc&btc38_trade_coin_name=anc
CNY/ANC: http://www.btc38.com/trade_en.html?btc38_trade_coin_name=anc

2,Transaction fee
0.1% for BTC and CNY markets

3, Deposit and withdrawal
1% bonus for Deposit, 1% fee for withdrawal.

4, Service.
Email: [email protected]
tiket system: http://www.btc38.com/trade/cs_qaa_en.html

Any problem or update news, please feel free to contact us.

btc38 announced in the forum that , they have started BTC/ANC and also CNY/ANC  : https://forum.anoncoin.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=589
Activity: 453
Merit: 261
Look Morty magic internet money
I dont think google sabotaged anc. Its to insignificant in my opinion to google. I think its due to less tekst on the internet reffering to anc. Dont know how tosay it exactly cause I am not familiar with these things but a friend of mine is. He is a seo expert and his his own company in it. I could ask him to help out but he wont do it for free.

just bought my first anc maybe I will stay buying everyday a bit depending on what I read here

Goodluck to the developers, would be nice if it is not to much to ask is someone can give me a update on what went on with anc in the last past months, what have been achieved and what has to come. I know anc since the beginning but never really had interest for it there was also no need for anon coins then .. That has all changed since drk. Everybody always praises his or her coin and why drk or cloak are the only real anon coins so please tell me why anoncoin, why zc?

Thanks 
Activity: 453
Merit: 261
Look Morty magic internet money
so what progress is been made on zc? Why is everyone so confident the devs will succeed?
Activity: 298
Nice theory.
Maybe it's like you said.

I however think it's about SEO and less texts about ANC.
ANC fastly lost its "magic" to the majority of people and I don'T know really why, maybe due to marketing ...

ANC was never held high like it's the solution to the anonymity problem .. like Dark or Cloak did.

Partly I think it's good that ANC is still a little in the shadows and grows within it.
For the later development of the Coin its however not quite what we want, ofc we want everybody to know what ANC is ... and I really hope it starts kicking off when ANC reaches the media after ZC implementation - That's the boost the coin needs, the eye catcher, the attention drawer, every Coin needs one.

Activity: 290

I hope the Webmaster will be doing a multilingual site so I'd be useful to this Community by translating into German. But well : )

Nice that some people are still buying  Smiley At this price I would show some support too if I had any money left.

Activity: 527
Merit: 500
It's true that we are a bit short-staffed (I and most of the other devs have full-time jobs). If anybody knows a developer who is interested in Zerocoin, forward him/her my way.

It would be useful for the dev to know at least one of these (but the more the better):

• C++ (especially bitcoin/litecoin/*coin clients)
  • cryptography (especially public key)
  • distributed computing

Just a status update: I am putting the finishing touches on the UFO server, which will talk to the UFO clients (source and instructions at https://github.com/Anoncoin/ufo_client ). I expect it to be ready by tomorrow at the latest.  Once again, if you want to participate and have CPU cores to spare, message me with your nick and pubkey, as described in the above instructions.  When this is up and running, I will return to working on libzerocoin improvements and integration with the Anoncoin wallet.

As for those concerned about price drops when deadlines are missed: I for one am thinking about the long haul, and I do not care at all about short-term speculators. When a working Zerocoin is released, the price will increase dramatically, and stay consistently high. If I try to rush this to meet a deadline, the quality will be sub-optimal. That's just how it is.

And pay no attention to those who say development has stopped on this. I have invested hundreds of hours of my time on this, and I am going to finish it even if it kills me.  Grin

I just want to rePost Gnosis , for new ppl who is visiting ANC chat thread
..it is time to DRK go under ANC where he belongs!
with high premined and fake anonymity not deserve to be over 0.01$

Grin

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/scam-darkcoin-instamine-2-millions-drks-50-of-darkcoin-in-circulation-560138

This made me laugh a little, I as well want to see anoncoin to succeed but we shouldn't be overly optimistic. Probably we're going to see a rise after the zerocoin release though.

Do not know what is funny except DRK , you are right about that : )

ANC without one leg has more value than DRK,
ANC with all team he have behind is more then a coin.

Bad thing for ANC is that now is under the pressure of short term players like DRK fans.
Short term is Zerocoin, and I can say now,  we almost have ZC inside ANC.
Fast rise is what I do not want.
But that is the fact, only thing we do not know how much damage will be when jump to 100$ then go back to 52$

Regards Smiley

Activity: 322

Grin

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/scam-darkcoin-instamine-2-millions-drks-50-of-darkcoin-in-circulation-560138

This made me laugh a little, I as well want to see anoncoin to succeed but we shouldn't be overly optimistic. Probably we're going to see a rise after the zerocoin release though.

Grin

My opinion is that votes are an obstacle to growth and innovation.

Our community is much more than that. We need more passionate people as all people already contributed to ANC (near or far, whatever).

If you have an idea, develops it. If it works, that's great, if not, just go next!

And... we already have voters... they are the people on Cryptsy that buy or sold ANC everday Grin

I think any way to attract new ppl is good way.
If you have 1000 of passionate ppl who are not buying , just talking how they awesome and make new project every day,
at the end they will go to some private room ,   that is not what will be interesting in this time for many ppl.
Metaphorically speaking.  

And that is why I mentioned voting. And it is democratic, Pablo can speak about US democracy and spread of it to the world. Smiley

I understand what you say, and what Pablo talking.  But that is good way for some other time, and when coin have many fans.

I do not want the best coin without fans. I do not want 100 devs with no marketing and who do not like marketing.
This is not btc, and we have many bad or fake anon coins who are higher then ANC.

Anoncoin is more rare then the price is showing, ANC have history of over one year without any problems on scene.
Now we have the best opportunity to become 1st true anon coin with zerocoin, and that will leave a mark on crypto scene.

Good thing is that meeh and team working on other privacy projects, and long term , zerocoin is not the only thing what will be new in ANC.
Again, people must know that..

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
How safe is chatting throught this?

Why do you think that Zerocoin is some sort of short-term fad with no value?

As you are certainly aware, having all of your transactions on a public ledger, open for all to see, is just inviting someone to connect addresses with real names: This is exactly what people in the government, international corporations, and law enforcement want to do!

Zerocoin offers a way to make transactions anonymously (in the sense that they can't link the origin and destination of a transaction). Isn't this a good thing? No other coin offers this kind of anonymity. This seems to fit in with your political philosophy...

https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Zerocoin

You midunderstand the point.

In the 1980s maybe there was a digital currency that was state of the art for 5 years.

In the 1990s the best deverlopment might have lasted 3 years.

When bitcoin was released it was the most advanced coin for roughly a year or two.

So if zerocoin is released today will all of the new developers flooding into coins just say "well, zerocoin has been released, there is no further development necessary, party's over, everyone go back to their regular job"?

Probably it will be a week or two until the first major improvement another developer adds to it.

Within 5 weeks the zerocoin protocol will be antiquated. Its a step not a destination.
Ok, agreed. Nevertheless, anonymity is a political statement in itself. Bitcoin turned down the opportunity to implement zerocoin...
Pablo , yes, sorry for my english, but I would feel like gay if I write every time sorry for.... Smiley

Things changing, and there is no template for success. I know you "hate" promoting on way that is not for reason.
I will think of that after we have bigger community then is now.

If tomorrow we have ZC in ANC, and price  is still down, you will say it is ok..
We have full anonymity , no buyers, who cares..
That is not how it should be.

I do not know why is bothering you site like anoncoinbuy..    bad english ...  but it is something.
And I buy and get fast very good t-shirt  : )

You are spend more then 10 minutes on ANC!

Meeh donating for real , and why, I think because he do not have 10 minutes to spend on forum or wiki or anoncoin site,
and that is why he thanks to ppl on that way, and encourages them to continue.

Please do not make fun of gay people.

The developers of gaycoin, Henry Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzhenry along with their Chinese developer Chu Man Chu are among the best developers today.

Why do you say anoncoinbuy bothered me? I do not care for coinpayments but anoncoinbuy is a good site. I think it is early in the coins development to promote it that way and I may criticize anoncoinbuy on technical issues but the site itself and the idea are good.

You keep tracking them, I do not have any problems , but you know what I try to say with that words,
or you don't,
but I hope my english is not problem for you.

Maybe I get you wrong, few times you mentioned anoncoinbuy,  so I respond on that.
Skaia can do much more, he made that site in few hours I think..

Like I wrote few times before, ppl waits for news, and then everything go straight..

I mean, the ZeroCoin implementation is a very big goal.
I believe the programmer/s are capable of doing so.

What I ask myself however if the ZC implementation brings this coin forward in a big way.

Will Anoncoin/Zerocoin not be obsolete once ZeroCash launches end of 2014?

In theory the Anonymity level is like that (from low to high)

Cloakcoin/Darkcoin - Anoncoin(with ZC) - Zerocash

That statement does not make the Development redundant, however I ask myself if the people holding the Coin will be able to profit from this : ) I hope it will go off like a bomb and gets the Coin to Coindesk and other famous news sites, but from my experience ... I'm not sure.

How do you guys feel about it?

Keep in mind

When bitcoin was released it was state of the art. Quickly others improved it. Now its algorhytm is considered primitive. People still value bitcoin because it was the first major attempt to take a credible poke at the corrupt financial system. It never needed hype yet it will always have value.

Looking at trends in crypto, it makes no sense whatsoever to imagine any coin will have long term value because of its algorhythm, sha or script or zerocoin or whatever. More and more devs are getting interested in coins. Soon govt wankers who make $200k a year writing Orwellian stuff for the nsa or gchq will realize they can make far more with coins. There will be coins with a 1 megabyte blockchain, etc etc. All completely meaningless because soon after that will be the 100 kilobyte blockchain etc. Maybe just one simple number that sums up all past transactions plus the current block.

Anoncoin and every other coin will either attract people for 'political' (using the term broadly) reasons, or it will sink.

Anoncoin has a huge headstart over almost every other coin but it seems people are backing away from its real value in favor of short term things like zerocoin. Important short term things but still short term.
I agree with almost everything you say, but....

Why do you think that Zerocoin is some sort of short-term fad with no value?

As you are certainly aware, having all of your transactions on a public ledger, open for all to see, is just inviting someone to connect addresses with real names: This is exactly what people in the government, international corporations, and law enforcement want to do!

Zerocoin offers a way to make transactions anonymously (in the sense that they can't link the origin and destination of a transaction). Isn't this a good thing? No other coin offers this kind of anonymity. This seems to fit in with your political philosophy...

https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Zerocoin

My opinion is that votes are an obstacle to growth and innovation.

Our community is much more than that. We need more passionate people as all people already contributed to ANC (near or far, whatever).

If you have an idea, develops it. If it works, that's great, if not, just go next!

And... we already have voters... they are the people on Cryptsy that buy or sold ANC everday Grin

Sellers, most of them are traders, try to catch more ANC.
You can see few days of no trading, and today dump..
and other sellers are miners, with 5+5+5 coins ANC going down..  it is sad to watch sometime

That will dramatically UP change soon : )
Interesting...

Thanks for the input guys!

After reading it I ask myself why they want to bring forward Zerocash and abandoned the idea of Zerocoin... until meeh and gnosis worked on implementation.
It is however a great advantage because all transactions are anonymous ... well well.  Huh

Pablo , yes, sorry for my english, but I would feel like gay if I write every time sorry for.... Smiley

Things changing, and there is no template for success. I know you "hate" promoting on way that is not for reason.
I will think of that after we have bigger community then is now.

If tomorrow we have ZC in ANC, and price  is still down, you will say it is ok..
We have full anonymity , no buyers, who cares..
That is not how it should be.

I do not know why is bothering you site like anoncoinbuy..    bad english ...  but it is something.
And I buy and get fast very good t-shirt  : )

You are spend more then 10 minutes on ANC!

Meeh donating for real , and why, I think because he do not have 10 minutes to spend on forum or wiki or anoncoin site,
and that is why he thanks to ppl on that way, and encourages them to continue.

I mean, the ZeroCoin implementation is a very big goal.
I believe the programmer/s are capable of doing so.

What I ask myself however if the ZC implementation brings this coin forward in a big way.

Will Anoncoin/Zerocoin not be obsolete once ZeroCash launches end of 2014?

In theory the Anonymity level is like that (from low to high)

Cloakcoin/Darkcoin - Anoncoin(with ZC) - Zerocash

That statement does not make the Development redundant, however I ask myself if the people holding the Coin will be able to profit from this : ) I hope it will go off like a bomb and gets the Coin to Coindesk and other famous news sites, but from my experience ... I'm not sure.

How do you guys feel about it?
Here is the anoncoin wiki article describing the difference between zerocoin and zerocash

https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Zerocash

Zerocash has two major problems: The setup requires trusted third parties, and the total money supply can not be monitored.
Jump to: