Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 175. (Read 530606 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Coinpayments.net dropped a few coins yesterday, one being ANC. You can confirm at https://www.coinpayments.net/supported-coins  

If you look at the coins they support obviously there is more to the story.

Why would they carry several coins with extremely low volume and marketcap but drop Anon? Some of their coins average well under 10%  of Anon's volume and have less than 5% of the market cap Anon has.

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=21125.0
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
but which coin in your opinion would be the most attractive to somebody who is new to this?
The problem is that most people don't do the research: None of the altcoins you listed are truly anonymous (even anoncoin today is not anonymous). For the most part, they are at best just using fancy ways to mix transactions to make it harder, but not impossible, to figure out transaction linkages. The best solution doesn't always win on the open market, as the rise of DRK attests.

Zerocoin and Zerocash are the only solutions that I am aware of that provide 100% provable anonymity, and Anoncoin will probably be the first to implement zerocoin. So, to answer your question: Anoncoin is the most attractive for not only provable anonymity, but because it's price is currently in the gutter...

I am not sure how long the price of ANC will remain in the gutter..... it is up over 10% recently with the size of the buy walls continuing to increase.  I think the recent update from Meeh has sparked a renewed excitement in the coin.

Demand has increased. Ppl quietly buying.
The worst is that the price will rise sharply, the resistance is low, and will be even weaker.
The weakest hands will sell on the first jump, but it's the only way to clear up the situation and get a stable price as it is now.
Activity: 686
but which coin in your opinion would be the most attractive to somebody who is new to this?
The problem is that most people don't do the research: None of the altcoins you listed are truly anonymous (even anoncoin today is not anonymous). For the most part, they are at best just using fancy ways to mix transactions to make it harder, but not impossible, to figure out transaction linkages. The best solution doesn't always win on the open market, as the rise of DRK attests.

Zerocoin and Zerocash are the only solutions that I am aware of that provide 100% provable anonymity, and Anoncoin will probably be the first to implement zerocoin. So, to answer your question: Anoncoin is the most attractive for not only provable anonymity, but because it's price is currently in the gutter...

I am not sure how long the price of ANC will remain in the gutter..... it is up over 10% recently with the size of the buy walls continuing to increase.  I think the recent update from Meeh has sparked a renewed excitement in the coin.

I heard you could get an ugly rash if you download the darkcoin wallet. At the very least, you should wear some thick gloves. Smiley

That is like the red light district, everyone wants it, regardless of consequences
hope Meeh have equipment

Grin
Activity: 779
Merit: 502
Is the Zerocoin implementation going to be trustless? As I understand it, there's a key that needs to be destroyed. If that can't be overcome, this coin has no future.

You just shook my knowledge and belief,
right now selling all of the ANC, and you set buy order,
then I will buy DRK, total anonymity with only 2 millions premined   

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560138.700

Instead of being a moron, can you just answer my question?

My knowledge is not for everyone, and was formed by reading and spending of my own time.
I advise you not to listen to anyone, go study and you will not be in doubt.

I can not be put down to yours level, I tried a couple of times, but it's hard.
Better for you to stay in your beliefs.
You asked and answered to the question yourself...

The course will cost you, I will accept even a DRK payments.

I heard you could get an ugly rash if you download the darkcoin wallet. At the very least, you should wear some thick gloves. Smiley
Is the Zerocoin implementation going to be trustless? As I understand it, there's a key that needs to be destroyed. If that can't be overcome, this coin has no future.

My knowledge is not for everyone, and was formed by reading and spending of my own time.
I advise you not to listen to anyone, go study and you will not be in doubt.

I can not be put down to yours level, I tried a couple of times, but it's hard.
Better for you to stay in your beliefs.
You asked and answered to the question yourself...

The course will cost you, I will accept even a DRK payments.
Activity: 826

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Lean into the curves.

Ha!

Activity: 826
Very easy to buy cheap coins these days : )

btw , where are you ppl?? 

Meeh is on vacation, no-ice-please run away from himself,

others have not left a note for absence ??

Grin
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Coinpayments.net dropped a few coins yesterday, one being ANC. You can confirm at https://www.coinpayments.net/supported-coins  
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
$ sudo apt-get build-dep bitcoin
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to find a source package for bitcoin

While yes the offical Bitcoin repo is installed and I've apt-get update 

It doesn't matter now as I've gone with the launch pad.  I just wanted to try and go through the guide as basically your average *buntu novice with a fresh build of Xubuntu 14.04LTS (64) so that it can maybe be improved.  For other general non CLI wizard *buntu users until their's official Ubuntu binaries or an official Ubuntu repository.  Anyway there's a new 24/7/365 I2p node up now  Smiley

Also how do you go about helping with the RSM UFO generation if more help is needed?  As I have a spare core on my AMD A10-6700
AFAIK http://killyourtv.i2p/ 's repository has anoncoin builds for ubuntu.
Activity: 686
Blog update finally; https://sigterm.no/blog/30/

Other news; Nothing is decided yet, but it might end up in a agreement where I work some % of my dayjob to speedup the i2pd process, meaning I'm founded to program on it, again resulting in i2pd would be ready faster and I can implement it. But I will get back to you guys if this becomes a reality/actual deal.

I would also like to add this; fluffypon(the dev) and the Monero coin is someone we might co-work with to increase anonymity, but again, we haven't decided much else than that we don't shittalk eachother. So not you fans too Wink
Side note; Yes, We're still working on Zerocoin, no problems there, so don't start thinking that because we're might co-work with Monero in the future we have given up on Zerocoin or anything in that form. Smiley

Thanks for the exciting update. Good luck with your work situation!
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
$ sudo apt-get build-dep bitcoin
Building dependency tree       
E: Unable to find a source package for bitcoin

While yes the offical Bitcoin repo is installed and I've apt-get update 

It doesn't matter now as I've gone with the launch pad.  I just wanted to try and go through the guide as basically your average *buntu novice with a fresh build of Xubuntu 14.04LTS (64) so that it can maybe be improved.  For other general non CLI wizard *buntu users until their's official Ubuntu binaries or an official Ubuntu repository.  Anyway there's a new 24/7/365 I2p node up now  Smiley

Also how do you go about helping with the RSM UFO generation if more help is needed?  As I have a spare core on my AMD A10-6700
legendary
/dev/null

> I installed build-essential and the compilation got much further this time.  However it still exited with the following error.

Great to hear it worked better, however sad to hear it didn't compile 100%. Do you got the libssl-dev package installed? IIRC that's the name of openssl development files. you can simply do a "ls /usr/include/openssl/", if it's listing files it's something wrong with our build scripts, if you get a error you're just missing the development files Smiley
he could just follow the compilation documentation in doc/ Smiley

I've now managed to finally build anoncoind, but when I try to build anoncoin-qt it exits with an error.  Any idea on the missing dependency?
see doc/readme-qt.rst
should tell you which packages you need

yeah I followed the guide in there but got the following error -

Code:
$ sudo apt-get install qt5-qmake libqt5gui5 libqt5core5 libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev-tools
Building dependency tree       
Package libqt5core5 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
  libqt5core5a:i386 libqt5core5a

E: Package 'libqt5core5' has no installation candidate

So I tried the following which also gave an error.

Code:
$ sudo apt-get install libqt5-dev
Building dependency tree       
E: Unable to locate package libqt5-dev

So then gave up and just used the launch pad to install it.
do you have the package bitcoin? try $ sudo apt-get build-dep bitcoin
if so, it will install everything neccessary. f not you can drop that specific lib and just install qt4/qt5 (i always used qt4). See if you have a qt4-dev-tools package.
legendary

> I installed build-essential and the compilation got much further this time.  However it still exited with the following error.

Great to hear it worked better, however sad to hear it didn't compile 100%. Do you got the libssl-dev package installed? IIRC that's the name of openssl development files. you can simply do a "ls /usr/include/openssl/", if it's listing files it's something wrong with our build scripts, if you get a error you're just missing the development files Smiley

I've now managed to finally build anoncoind, but when I try to build anoncoin-qt it exits with an error.  Any idea on the missing dependency?
see doc/readme-qt.rst

yeah I followed the guide in there but got the following error -

Code:
$ sudo apt-get install qt5-qmake libqt5gui5 libqt5core5 libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev-tools
Building dependency tree       
Package libqt5core5 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
  libqt5core5a:i386 libqt5core5a

E: Package 'libqt5core5' has no installation candidate

So I tried the following which also gave an error.

Code:
$ sudo apt-get install libqt5-dev
Building dependency tree       
E: Unable to locate package libqt5-dev

So then gave up and just used the launch pad to install it.
legendary
/dev/null

see doc/readme-qt.rst
legendary

Anoncoin is now accepting donations:

Acoin7tkEib9d8BfomQYUK66z5fhwN3DgV

Most of your donations will be used for the setting up of bounties for public relations work, but some may also be used for specific code development tasks as well. Specific bounties that we envision for the immediate future include

• Creation of press releases
  • Writing of Blog entries
  • Writing of popular articles about Anoncoin
  • Writing of in-depth articles on the wiki and
  • Web design and support.

As soon as enough ANC has been donated, we will set up a dedicated page describing the conditions attached to these bounties.

For your info, the above public address is owned by the lead developer, Meeh.

It would be good to have some list of donors?
Maybe it would speed up the desire for donating.

One last point then I will drop this userid, I know I've irritated a few people.

Donations for writing articles *yawn*, press releases and so on.

Making the focus of anonymity political would solve that problem.

A press release like 'Anoncoin is creating country specific solutions to anonymity. Currently we are working on a wallet that would be easily used in Whateverthefuckistan and would allow users to hide the wallet from computer searches' etc etc, could easily be picked up by a major news outlet and syndicated. Some thought would have to go into side issues of course, you don't want to read in the jew york times '20 n koreans executed for having anc wallets'.

There would be plenty of donations and plenty of offers of help from top notch amateurs.

On the other hand, 'please donate so we can write articles about our coin' doesn't cut it.

Oh wait, 'please donate and we will put your name on the donation hero list'. No disrespect intended drAgon, i like all of your other comments and learned a bit from them. That one flopped though.

auf wiedersehen

I just wanted to say, don't drop your username. I don't agree with everything you write, but your focus on the political quality of anoncoin is refreshing. There has to be room for different opinions.

+1

I like to read no-ice-please posts,  and in the same time drink whiskey with ice

Grin 
Jump to: