Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 177. (Read 530606 times)

Activity: 527
Merit: 500
Anoncoin is now accepting donations:

Acoin7tkEib9d8BfomQYUK66z5fhwN3DgV

Most of your donations will be used for the setting up of bounties for public relations work, but some may also be used for specific code development tasks as well. Specific bounties that we envision for the immediate future include

• Creation of press releases
  • Writing of Blog entries
  • Writing of popular articles about Anoncoin
  • Writing of in-depth articles on the wiki and
  • Web design and support.

As soon as enough ANC has been donated, we will set up a dedicated page describing the conditions attached to these bounties.

For your info, the above public address is owned by the lead developer, Meeh.

I'll be the first in a series, the current value is small, it is better than nothing,
with lucky 7 at the end of the donation

Grin
Devs are active more than ever,
cryptsy deposit/withdraw work normal,

and ANC value go down??
Somebody want cheap coins before rise of volume, or I missing some news of new fake anonymity coin!

If you missed... meeh is on active vacation Smiley

https://github.com/orignal/i2pd/commits?author=meeh420

Most of your donations will be used for the setting up of bounties for public relations work, but some may also be used for specific code development tasks as well. Specific bounties that we envision for the immediate future include

As soon as enough ANC has been donated, we will set up a dedicated page describing the conditions attached to these bounties.

It would be good to have some list of donors?
Maybe it would speed up the desire for donating.

Activity: 290
Merit: 250
Cryptsy works again. Both withdraws and deposits seems to work fine now.
Activity: 420
Merit: 251
Moon?
I am mystified. If I'm to believe you it almost sounds like the aspect of anonymity in anoncoin is of little to no value and rather the value is in factors like political appeal. I always thought crypto-currency was about the viability of the coins. Should we perhaps abort the implementation of zerocoin and save Gnosis time and work?

Aprakin, your use of the word "we" makes me uncomfortable.

Gnosis is doing what he thinks is most important and many people support that.

I personally have an opinion and I share it, whether anyone agrees or even listens.

Each person should be able to say what they want without attempts to manipulate. This isn't kindergarten or the mafia.

The long term potential of anoncoin comes from factors already mentioned, not from any feature. Anonymity is a valuable feature. It helped propel bitcoin and if it is improved in anoncoin it will give it a push up in popularity. But I am very uncomfortable with anyone pushing any notion that any technology or feature in a coin will provide perfect anonymity.  For one it simply is not true. Any anonymity, any perfect code, any tech breakthrough, is fleeting. That's the simple truth. Pretending otherwise is dishonest.

Wow. Don't have a cow man. By all means keep your opinion, but don't post in in a public forum if you can't handle simple feedback. I happen to be in this coin for at least a year now due to the steady focus on anonymity.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
The work on the anonymity feature of the coin is why I am here. Implementation of this will be a major accomplishment. I support all the contenders efforts towards this goal, but I watch to see who the dev team is behind a coin. This coin has a really good dev team, and that is what I base my investment bias on. Keep up the good work guys.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

''''''''

make[1]: g++: Command not found

Installing GCC/G++ compiler usually solves this problem Smiley I myself prefer to install the meta package build-essential. It includes make, gcc etc.. including g++ IIRC.

I installed build-essential and the compilation got much further this time.  However it still exited with the following error.

Code:
alert.cpp:6:53: fatal error: boost/algorithm/string/classification.hpp: No such file or directory
 #include
                                                     ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [obj/alert.o] Error 1

So I installed libboost1.54-dev for a try and then got a much shorter compilation effort with the following error code.

Code:
$ make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-
g++ -c -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DENABLE_WALLET -I/home/bob/anoncoin/src -I/home/bob/anoncoin/src/obj -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/home/bob/anoncoin/src/leveldb/include -I/home/bob/anoncoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DUSE_NATIVE_I2P -I/home/bob/anoncoin/i2psam -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/alert.d -o obj/alert.o alert.cpp
In file included from serialize.h:22:0,
                 from netbase.h:10,
                 from util.h:34,
                 from alert.h:13,
                 from alert.cpp:11:
allocators.h:12:53: fatal error: openssl/crypto.h: No such file or directory
 #include // for OPENSSL_cleanse()
                                                     ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [obj/alert.o] Error 1

Although I have the package openssl already installed so got stuck there.
Moon?
I am mystified. If I'm to believe you it almost sounds like the aspect of anonymity in anoncoin is of little to no value and rather the value is in factors like political appeal. I always thought crypto-currency was about the viability of the coins. Should we perhaps abort the implementation of zerocoin and save Gnosis time and work?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Lean into the curves.

4) Lastly. Least important. Shiny things like anonymity perfection that 90% of folks, like me, don't worry about too much.

While I agree with your points I disagree that this is least important. As the crypto-sphere gets more and more regulated people will want options for black market dealings, and absolute anonymity will be the major requirement for the winning coin.

I really don't believe that only black market dealings will be a factor here.  Many people are just plain uncomfortable with the idea of anyone, especially government agencies, tracking their purchases, even mundane, daily shopping- but also such things as medications and other private but essential consumables.

So, I agree that anonymity is far from the least important factor in the long run.
Activity: 490
:)
When I follow this guide on compiling the Anoncoin wallet - https://anoncoin.net/index.php/guides2 - on Xubuntu 14.04LTS (64) I get the following error -

Code:
$ sudo apt-get build-dep bitcoin -y
[sudo] password for xxxx:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to find a source package for bitcoin

If I ignore it and carry on with the guide I then get the following error -

Code:
Building LevelDB ...
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bob/anoncoin/src/leveldb'
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DENABLE_WALLET -I/home/bob/anoncoin/src -I/home/bob/anoncoin/src/obj -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/home/bob/anoncoin/src/leveldb/include -I/home/bob/anoncoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DUSE_NATIVE_I2P -I/home/bob/anoncoin/i2psam -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -c db/builder.cc -o db/builder.o
make[1]: *** [db/builder.o] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bob/anoncoin/src/leveldb'
make: *** [leveldb/libleveldb.a] Error 2

Installing GCC/G++ compiler usually solves this problem Smiley I myself prefer to install the meta package build-essential. It includes make, gcc etc.. including g++ IIRC.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
When I follow this guide on compiling the Anoncoin wallet - https://anoncoin.net/index.php/guides2 - on Xubuntu 14.04LTS (64) I get the following error -

Code:
$ sudo apt-get build-dep bitcoin -y
[sudo] password for xxxx:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree      
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to find a source package for bitcoin

If I ignore it and carry on with the guide I then get the following error -

Code:
Building LevelDB ...
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bob/anoncoin/src/leveldb'
g++ -I. -I./include -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DENABLE_WALLET -I/home/bob/anoncoin/src -I/home/bob/anoncoin/src/obj -DUSE_IPV6=1 -I/home/bob/anoncoin/src/leveldb/include -I/home/bob/anoncoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DUSE_NATIVE_I2P -I/home/bob/anoncoin/i2psam -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -c db/builder.cc -o db/builder.o
make[1]: *** [db/builder.o] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bob/anoncoin/src/leveldb'
make: *** [leveldb/libleveldb.a] Error 2

Activity: 189
जगत् िमत
Moon?

4) Lastly. Least important. Shiny things like anonymity perfection that 90% of folks, like me, don't worry about too much.

While I agree with your points I disagree that this is least important. As the crypto-sphere gets more and more regulated people will want options for black market dealings, and absolute anonymity will be the major requirement for the winning coin.
Activity: 189
जगत् िमत
Thanks for the update! Is there a way to easily add a rich list to the block explorer?

Yes, I will add it to the block explorer within a week.
Activity: 101
I just wanted to make a quick update on the RSA UFO generation. It's close to being done, but at the tail end, I will make the B1 bound quickly increase (which will mean more CPU and memory usage).  Because of the memory usage, I advise you all to put -maxmem <#MB to use> in index.js (ask in IRC for help with this). This prevents your OS from killing the ecm workers due to out of memory conditions.

To tell if it is working, you shouldn't see warnings in the output like "ecm exited with code/signal SIGKILL" or "ecm exited with code/signal 1". If you have set -maxmem and you still see these errors, decrease the value and try again.

Also, to exit gracefully, in a separate console, run "kill -HUP `pidof nodejs`" (or `pidof node`, for OS X / Arch users). This means that the client will stop getting new work from the server, and exit after all existing work is complete and the results are sent back to the server. Another effect is that information about factors found is printed, like you see below.

Also, that's a lot to everyone who has participated so far!  Cheesy

Factors found so far:

r_ufos[0]:  [
  "343810981150389"
]
r_ufos[1]:  [
  "115412498689",
  "5723658356239",
  "883149015851"
]
r_ufos[2]:  [
  "61",
  "72389",
  "4990156296342055149130621"
]
r_ufos[3]:  [
  "27",
  "389496311485",
  "294124347865623446938813247186352083"
]
r_ufos[4]:  [
  "1487",
  "513185737"
]
r_ufos[5]:  [
  "2",
  "938392049867543128089"
]
r_ufos[6]:  [
  "2",
  "2",
  "2",
  "2",
  "12391943225"
]
r_ufos[7]:  [
  "2",
  "927970989233",
  "3709325652813743117",
  "63349504689419628697"
]
r_ufos[8]:  [
  "2",
  "2",
  "47",
  "14247753",
  "41774513100113",
  "13508957500516480069344262089789438931"
]
r_ufos[9]:  [
  "2",
  "3",
  "125240142769",
  "4847098997452479264547624149620773122209"
]
r_ufos[10]:  [
  "2",
  "2",
  "3",
  "57339689668273983034643"
]
r_ufos[11]:  [
  "2",
  "2",
  "11",
  "4821663504619",
  "1467940420233890879",
  "1626705360387841829553827447164829"
]
r_ufos[12]:  [
  "2",
  "2",
  "954281315724659097444271382229215179801"
]
r_ufos[13]:  [
  "1175",
  "52633631971",
  "1162610355722628661",
  "169824584474597274047951",
  "207324525547502120257409089",
  "9762819963164821775930726472633089",
  "336634520264174108651877520152312103"
]
r_ufos[14]:  [
  "81941098523"
]
r_ufos[15]:  [
  "2",
  "2",
  "31",
  "18536450704392727",
  "20153043929894944228905854901600084557"
]

Deactivated UFO candidates: 5, 7, 13. These were deactivated because, after dividing out all found factors, the results were found to be either prime or less than 3456 bits in length.

The thirteen candidates still active have been tested up to B1 bound 19,000,000.
Activity: 101
BUT  Do not spam. Give your legit opinion or input

The two most toxic things some coins do.

1) Overpromote and spam.
2) Use ridiculous exageration like "turdcoin is a revolutionary new way to send money instantly and will revolutionize the way people think about money".

The thing about adwords etc is you can make a nice banner, a nice picture ad with just the anoncoin logo and some simple understated words like "What is anoncoin?" No bullshit, no hype. With free credits you can put that picture on tens of thousands of peoples' webpages on sites that are not attractive to highbrow advertisers. For the price of showing 10 people that ad on the wall street urinal you could probably display it to half the people on every indian reservation in north america.

Sometime in the next few weeks I may raise the subject again if I can scrounge some free ad credits. The logo can be made with gimp, it just has to be exactly one of the sizes allowed for banner ads. Within a few months a lot of coins are going to start advertising like that, especially the worst coins. For that reason a landing page that someone suggested above that compares facts good and bad about each major coin would be useful. I won't try advertising like that though unless there is some positive consensus here.

Advertising is a sleazy business but the sleaze is in the content, not the advertising. If you make respectable ads that only inform, nothing else, you're good. Coins run by teenagers, fedora comes to mind, and dozens of others, blur the line between informing and selling. Anoncoin has no premine, probably no one has 50,000 anc so no one is going to get super rich when it grows. No one really has any motive to promote it dishonestly, unlike many other coins.

But a lot of people do want to see it succeed.

I completely agree.

[...]
Most important long term factors for all coins.

1) Most important. Ethical devs.

2) Stable history. Anc is the oldest of the altcoins in its genre.

3) Political appeal. As big money moves into altcoins they are going to become political statements, like countries. There will be probably a huge center of gravity around charitable coins as well as political coins. Once PETA puts out its own coin, Action Against Hunger, Unicef, etc anoncoin will be perfectly positioned as a main alternative political coin, but at that point 'alternative' will be mainstream. Anc is one of only a tiny few coins that could pass btc in a few years if conditions are right.

[...]

I mostly agree, but I think anonymity perfection can become a political thing and thus address #3. It's important!
Activity: 686
Hi,

Sorry for not updating more lately. Finally vecation from dayjob so time for actions. I still got a _lot_ to read up on in this thread (20+ pages). I will soon release new builds on ANC, but also a "i2p bundle" ish. I will get back to you real soon with at least a win32 prerelease. Also gonna update on what's happened in the last in the dark closet(I2P irc channels) lol.

I was asked to verify a address, here is it:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

mikalv@home ~ $ anoncoind getaddressesbyaccount Anoncoin_Signing_Key
[
    "Acoin7tkEib9d8BfomQYUK66z5fhwN3DgV"
]
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1

iF4EAREKAAYFAlPBes4ACgkQ4ZvcdFRooGVf/gD+PfduSNy+CUrSBZJ36wPYqs0r
/EybtL2sLu1LInPiw10A/01n3P5Fe4k6LCfoONncBC4zafzIKQ3DTEaseyGoRHF0
=N+po
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Siged with my (new) key; 0xB431B67770E4AA38.
Futrure validations can be done at https://sigterm.no

At last; All my PMs will be replied soon, you're not ignored, I've just don't had time yet.

Thanks for the update! Is there a way to easily add a rich list to the block explorer?
Activity: 779
Merit: 502
Right, you should be skeptical. It is posted here

https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Anoncoin_Wiki

(but I made the edit) and it was discussed in the #anoncoin IRC channel about an hour ago. I'll make sure to get him, or one of the other developers to confirm this here.

You seem like an honest person, but some precautions are really needed on this forum. Smiley
Activity: 490
:)
Hi,

Sorry for not updating more lately. Finally vecation from dayjob so time for actions. I still got a _lot_ to read up on in this thread (20+ pages). I will soon release new builds on ANC, but also a "i2p bundle" ish. I will get back to you real soon with at least a win32 prerelease. Also gonna update on what's happened in the last in the dark closet(I2P irc channels) lol.

I was asked to verify a address, here is it:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

mikalv@home ~ $ anoncoind getaddressesbyaccount Anoncoin_Signing_Key
[
    "Acoin7tkEib9d8BfomQYUK66z5fhwN3DgV"
]
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1

iF4EAREKAAYFAlPBes4ACgkQ4ZvcdFRooGVf/gD+PfduSNy+CUrSBZJ36wPYqs0r
/EybtL2sLu1LInPiw10A/01n3P5Fe4k6LCfoONncBC4zafzIKQ3DTEaseyGoRHF0
=N+po
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Siged with my (new) key; 0xB431B67770E4AA38.
Futrure validations can be done at https://sigterm.no

At last; All my PMs will be replied soon, you're not ignored, I've just don't had time yet.
Activity: 249
Merit: 250

I would not send anything before it is confirmed that Meeh control that adress.

I will donate when is is confirmed.  Smiley
Right, you should be skeptical. It is posted here

https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Anoncoin_Wiki

(but I made the edit) and it was discussed in the #anoncoin IRC channel about an hour ago. I'll make sure to get him, or one of the other developers to confirm this here.
Jump to: