Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 21. (Read 530493 times)

legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite
ExchangeD.I2P is now available over clearnet at http://exchanged.i2p.rocks

Happy Trading!

Thanks man!
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Lean into the curves.
So, are there any reliable mining pools for ANC?
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
ExchangeD.I2P is now available over clearnet at http://exchanged.i2p.rocks

Happy Trading!
Activity: 209
Do I understand correctly that there is going to be 2 hard-forks?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1162
Progress has been made on the book titled "Anoncoin - History of the First Year".  As you may know, I am writing several books based solely on cryptocurrencies which were launched in 2013.  

Preliminary pages counts of the monthly chapters are:

JUNE 2013:             10
JULY 2013:               8
AUGUST 2013:          8
SEPTEMBER 2013:     8
OCTOBER 2013:        8
NOVEMBER 2013:      4
DECEMBER 2013:      4/6
JANUARY 2014:         4
FEBRUARY 2014:       6
MARCH 2014:           4
APRIL 2014:             8
MAY 2014:               6
JUNE 2014:             2/4

If you would like to help towards this project (ink, paper, overheads, proof readers etc), please donate:

BTC: 1CRLy4xUZbh9rj2GPANiNNBZGZKRKLYYwJ

ANC: AGUtrWEYnP37CEGfkNh3VJH5RDKBXXTzb5

Activity: 150
We are currently doing a live testnet to try the hardfork setting! Anyone who wants to join us is welcome to join!  Smiley

Please come check on #anoncoin on I2P we will tell you how you can participate (windows, OSX or linux)...

Thank you for your help

CS
Hey!

0.8.5.6 is newest wallet?
It looks pretty old, any ETA on new release?

Hi Conqueror,

Well, as said in February , I have now finished version A for my part of the work, taking over GroundRod work. You can check the commits at Github. Right now Ssuag is finishing to optimize the I2P parameters encoding that will ask for less interaction from the user in his branch. When he will have finish his work, we will merge both branchs, do another testnet and this will become the new master.

Meanwhile I am now working on implementing multi POW for release B, this will include 3 algos: Scrypt (ASIC Friendly), Lyra2RE2 (GPU Friendly), YEScrypt (CPU Friendly). This is not an easy task because our codebase is 0.10.99 and we cannot copy/paste the code of others coins like it is mostly done due to our multiple optimization and I2P code. Thus we will launch release A with Scrypt only before release B with multi POW enabled.

CS
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
Hey!

No its not, get the current master.
legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite
Hey!

I am sorry guys. Couldnt maintain ancblockchain.com website.. anyone wants to control it?

Well can you come discuss with us in #anoncoin-dev for specific details? Thank you geekz!
Any updates on plans to switch to multi-algo (like Myriad)? I would prefer to see it before the zerocoin/zcash hard fork, just because the multi-PoW switch could be completed within a smaller timeframe, and it would be easier to make a PoW change while the coin is still small.

Hi, yes you are right. I am now working on implementing the multi-PoW. Preliminary investigation make me think it shall be based on Digibyte code, without the multishield. What I mean is the difficulty for each algo will probably be adjusted by not only a block on that algo but a new block template will be created with an adjusted difficulty even if another algo find the block. This will reduce the likelyhood of actual attacks due to multipool jumping off the blockchain leaving high difficulty block to be mined by faithful miner and jumping on much later, as soon as the faithful miner found the block and the difficulty dropped. The least time is needed for this last interval, the least number of easy block the multipool will get. Hence it is better for each algo to not be completelly independent but able to change the difficulty of the others algo too, like digibyte do with multishield. We will use GroundRod's RetargetPID instead of the digishield for difficulty adjustment tough.

We are discussing the three following algo to be included: Scrypt, Lyra2REv2, Qubit. This can be subject to change depending of the ideas of the dev team or community tough, but we will keep one algo Scrypt.

I cannot give a date for this multiPOW release, I am not advanced enough in the code to have an idea. The following release will be or Scrypt only, or multiPOW. But for sure we will introduce multiPOW as we think it is needed to resist the constant attack of multipools, which will be reduced with GroundRod's RetargetPID but not completelly until a multiPOW is introduced IMHO.

CS
I haven't kept up to speed on Anoncoin since the crash around November 2014.  So it's been awhile!

If possible could someone fill me in on what's been going on with Anoncoin or where I could find development updates and future plans? That would be great thank you! Last I knew we had the RSA UFOs generated and work on implementing zerocoin was started but not finished by gnosis.  Also, the devs were trying to fix the difficulty algorithm and some issues with sending transactions.

Thanks!

It was explained recently in the quoted post below. There is no issue in sending transaction, although exchanges may try to make user believe so, like Cryptsy which we all saw was a scam. There can be an issue to include transaction in blocks tough, as there are so few faithful miners it can take times to include them in blocks. Multipool often do not care. Yes the difficulty algo is finished now and will be part of the next hardfork. Gnosis is active for the moment, as well as ssuag which will do the zerocoin GUI. I cannot give a date for zerocoin tough, but it will not be part of the next hardfork, which will be used to replace the entire codebase to bitcoin 0.10.99.

Besides this most recent wallet release and client update, can you still use the older wallet or do you NEED to upgrade. Just wondering.

The version above is a develop version. It is not the master release. The version above is very similar to the following HARDFORK release A. You can help us simply by running it and reporting bugs to us.

As previously discussed, pretty soon, we will do an HARDFORK to Release A : Anoncoin Core 0.9.6.9

The new release will include:

- An upgraded to bitcoin 0.10.99 code
- Many excellent improvements such as for instance header-first synchronisation, leading to much quicker I2P synchronisation and block download
- Deterministic fork selection
- A rewritten communication protocol (I2P and clearnet)
- No more using IRC for synching peers
- Anoncoin's test network (testnet) and regression test mode (regtest) available
- A new Kimoto Gravity Well v 2.0 using curves that is much quicker to calculate (it will be useful only for blocks before the hardfork and for first synching as KGW will be obsoleted by PID)
- A second new innovative difficulty algo "GroundRod RetargetPID" using a PID (Proportional - Integral - Derivative) controller, that will be enforced as the new difficulty retargetting system
- Real hashes calculation and not pseudo difficulty (we will be the only Scrypt coin to use true hashes in calculus of difficulty)
- Multisig Anoncoin address
- An improved mining through I2P only, to go forward a fully I2P darknet coin
- Themes support (currently for Win32, OS-X and linux)
- SAM support ported to 0.10.99 and working with both Java and C++ implementation of I2P (Orignal's i2pd, LibI2Pd)
- New I2P and DNS seednodes
- Headless building with toolchain
- Bug fixes

This hardfork will not include:
- Anci2pd: Anoncoin embedded with i2pd c++ router (LibI2Pd)
- Zerocoin
- Merge mining and multi-POW

All those will be separate releases that will be done after this hardfork is completed. In short the upcoming HARDFORK release will upgrade all the old core code from 8.5.6 to the newest version 9.6.9 (from bitcoin 0.10.99). The network shall then be more healthy and ready for future upgrades to anci2pd, zerocoin and merge mining/multi POW.

Right now you can still use 8.5.6 or this 9.6.9 version. The community will be updated on the date of the soon to be released HARDFORK version, this will be a mandatory upgrade, we will give some time for people to switch of version though. The version above and the 8.5.6 will be obsolete when the final master HARDFORK version will be released and enforced.

CS
ExchangeD.I2P handles anoncoin withdrawals with no issues, and there is also Cryptopia which also is pretty good

YES,I agree those two exchanges shall be more used!  Smiley

Finally BTC38 rebroadcasted the transaction which is now confirmed.

...but the users shall be prudent and if something like this happen again link them to https://wiki.anoncoin.net/How_to_rebroadcast_transaction and if they do not rebroadcast do not hesitate to contact me or another dev on #anoncoin or #anoncoin-dev @ IRC2P or post here in the thread at bitcointalk. We do not want a scam like GOX, Cryptsy or Vircurex happen again!

CS
ExchangeD.I2P handles anoncoin withdrawals with no issues, and there is also Cryptopia which also is pretty good
I was asked by an user to help him retrieve his coin that BTC38 refuse to rebroadcast. Because we do not want the users to be stealen by BTC38 like they were already by crapsy, I compiled the following guide.

https://wiki.anoncoin.net/How_to_rebroadcast_transaction

Certain exchanges fail to rebroadcast the transaction and claim a network error, and then refuse to give the user the RAW TXID (which would allow the user to get the transaction confirmed).

If they follow this guide, the exchange can broadcast the transaction in a two very easy step process.

If they fail to do it the user can definitelly conclude he was robbed by the exchange.

We all know this happened with mtGOX, this happened with Cryptsy and that this happened with Vircurex.

I have recent complain this also happened with Coin-E:

Hi guys. Just want to report, in case someone is interested, that coins-e didn't execute a withdrawal of mine after what is now 3 weeks, in case you have more warnings like this you could start advising people not to use the service.
are they trading anoncoin?
* vergedev has quit (Connection reset by peer)
I did not know that
Yep, I bought my first ones there a couple of years ago, maybe
* vergedev (dogedDEV@rwuatg7bpte5jzpyb6pwapw3vh7yb7sncnai5g473yhgpjf7f4za.b32.i2p) has joined
usually they handled the withdrawals without problems, don't know what has changed now
mhh
thx to tell
Sure, thanks to you for the coin Smiley

And I also received two other complains that this is happening with BTC38 too!

Because they are withdraw-unfriendly.
The user there even don't know what the wallet is...
btc38 just like a black hole sucking money...
did you ever try to withdraw from them?
well they have proof of holding at least
my friend did, failed.
really?
what happened?
they jest let us wait.

Hey Cryptoslave, can you help me, BTC38 refuse to let me withdraw my anoncoins! Sad
They say they did the transaction, showed me a pic but it is still not in the blockchain despite hundred of blocks passed.
https://coinplorer.com/ANC/Transactions/69c9369368c9dc2dbca8361c3297c2089dd26e99b07dac40bd1bb7eabd41cf67
Hi Jukil, they shall provide the raw transaction to you if they are too much incompetent to rebroadcast them themselves, K1773R or me can then mine it!
Rightly so I asked them to provide me with the Raw TX but they said they can only prove it was in blockchain and are talking bullshit like it is a block error.
yeah do not listen to them it cannot be a block error, if they broadcasted the transaction then I shall have received it and would have mined it during those last 100 blocks.
getrawmempool return emptiness
I am sorry to tell you but they are stealing you and thinking you are stupid and not knowing how a cryptocoin works
Sad

Do not listen to their bullshit, if they broadcast the transaction K1773r or me would see them in our mempool as we are well connected miners with many peers and mining 24/24 7/7. The fact is they do not want to rebroadcast because if they broadcast the transaction will confirm, and they will then lose the coin they just stole from their users!  Angry

SO I advice everybody to NOT USE BTC38 and COIN-E as long as they fail to allow withdrawals!
project alive or dead?

Alive, just go see in #anoncoin-dev forum
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
project alive or dead?
server back online
What's wrong with exchanged i2p? I wanted to check and it seems it's always down...!

True... haven't seen Abyss around for a while either. Are you trying to reach exchanged.i2p.xyz or the real exchanged.i2p via i2p? I have never tried the latter, but exchanged.i2p.xyz has not been answering for quite long a time

still around, we are down right now for RAM upgrades, will update when back up
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
What's wrong with exchanged i2p? I wanted to check and it seems it's always down...!

True... haven't seen Abyss around for a while either. Are you trying to reach exchanged.i2p.xyz or the real exchanged.i2p via i2p? I have never tried the latter, but exchanged.i2p.xyz has not been answering for quite long a time
Pages:
Jump to: