Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 223. (Read 530599 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
:)
Hi all!

Been a little afk from internet the past week, but back now!

Many has wondered and asked about whats Anoncoin going to do when v2 of zerocoin is released, if it's gonna affect it's development, etc etc etc. And it's not time effective to answer one at a time Smiley

I will write a blog entry about it, where I will answer where,what,when,why and hopefully the rest of w's :p

We're about to release a new site as well. I'll get back to you in short time! Also, I think Matthew is going to give a talk on Monday at New York City College, so I think I post the blog entry after that, in case he says anything that could become a question.

Any closer to the blog entry? Really keen to see what's going on regarding ANC and Zerocoin. Waiting for this announcement before making the next move  Smiley

bold Smiley (first off, I need to get a copy of what he said, next I need to think trough it, after that discuss it with the rest of the team, then get time to write the blog)

I'm a little bit confused of Matthew Green's speech right now, as he doesn't mention Anoncoin anywhere as far as I can see... but it was mentioned a few times already that Zerocoin will be implemented into Anoncoin:

how far is your zerocoin implementation?

Was just coming here to ask the same thing. Any updates?

It's still in an early stage. The first part will be implementing the early alpha of Zerocoin into the Anoncoin testnet, then comes the testing to discover bugs within Zerocoin itself that the Zerocoin devs will be working on. I would not expect a fully working zerocoin implementation until the end of the year at best. If it works flawlessly the first time around (personally I believe there's a ~1% chance of that happening) it would probably be complete during november.

So I'm really looking forward to a clarification of the implementation of Zerocoin into Anoncoin. Smiley

In simple and quick words: Matthew is a odd guy saying "please send an mail", and when we do it there is no fucking reply. We have decided to do it on our own, we don't need him. Final. There has been no contact between us other than the public posts on twitter, he obviously can't handle email systems since he has not replied me, Gnosis or any other person trying to contact him. The zerocoin mailinglist is also dead, seen people ask questions, never any replies from the zerocoin guys.

There is also no "flaws" with the old zerocoin implementation, just some temporary disk increments that can be solved. From the little I read on reddit it seems like Matthew and the rest of the group of can't-handle-email-systems guys haven't been able to even get the whitepapers finished. Those was dued to early December IIRC from Matthew's tweet 16. Nov?. - Blog entry will be written when I've gone more into details about his speak, haven't had time to hear it yet.

At last, sneakpeak; we're in discussion on "upgrading" zerocoin with multiple modulus, different denominations (10 ANC, 1 ANC, 0.1 ANC, etc.) and more. This will then slowly move away from the original zerocoin design.
Activity: 562
Merit: 509
I been mining this coin for over 3 weeks. And have only made .04.. yeah it kinda sucks.
Wow that ain't a lot. If you want to make a profit you seriously need a new GPU. I'm mining between 1,7 and 2,1 ANC a day, depending on the current difficulty.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I been mining this coin for over 3 weeks. And have only made .04.. yeah it kinda sucks.
Activity: 562
Merit: 509
Hi all!

Many has wondered and asked about whats Anoncoin going to do when v2 of zerocoin is released, if it's gonna affect it's development, etc etc etc. And it's not time effective to answer one at a time Smiley

I will write a blog entry about it, where I will answer where,what,when,why and hopefully the rest of w's :p

We're about to release a new site as well. I'll get back to you in short time! Also, I think Matthew is going to give a talk on Monday at New York City College, so I think I post the blog entry after that, in case he says anything that could become a question.

Any closer to the blog entry? Really keen to see what's going on regarding ANC and Zerocoin. Waiting for this announcement before making the next move  Smiley

bold Smiley (first off, I need to get a copy of what he said, next I need to think trough it, after that discuss it with the rest of the team, then get time to write the blog)

I'm a little bit confused of Matthew Green's speech right now, as he doesn't mention Anoncoin anywhere as far as I can see... but it was mentioned a few times already that Zerocoin will be implemented into Anoncoin:

how far is your zerocoin implementation?

Was just coming here to ask the same thing. Any updates?

It's still in an early stage. The first part will be implementing the early alpha of Zerocoin into the Anoncoin testnet, then comes the testing to discover bugs within Zerocoin itself that the Zerocoin devs will be working on. I would not expect a fully working zerocoin implementation until the end of the year at best. If it works flawlessly the first time around (personally I believe there's a ~1% chance of that happening) it would probably be complete during november.

So I'm really looking forward to a clarification of the implementation of Zerocoin into Anoncoin. Smiley
Activity: 836
Merit: 1007
"How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time..."
Activity: 48
Any idea why price of anc is dropping hard ?
Still not showing up.

I would recommend not using cryptsy for ANC deposits for the time being, they are working on the backend right now, no idea if this issue is related to it or not.

Has anyone else had a deposit show up on cryptsy within the last few hours?

cryptsy is unstable and is not recommended to use for the moment :/
Hi all!

Activity: 20
long live anoncoin!
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Hi all!

Any closer to the blog entry? Really keen to see what's going on regarding ANC and Zerocoin. Waiting for this announcement before making the next move  Smiley
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
Hello,
please join my Mining Pool.

Fast Server Xenon 4 x 3,2Ghs 32 GB Ram, SSD HD
Stratum
Vardiff
Get your coin to your Wallet min payout 0.1 ANC
PROP Payout
Manual and Auto Payout
0,0% Fee (Saturday and Sunday)

Join our Pool:
http://anc.coinpool.de

Support Forum:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-mining-pool-vardiff-stratum-ddos-protected-coinpoolde-382959

THANKS 4 MINING!!!!
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Had to resort to trolling them on twitter, but they finally fixed the issue and it showed up.
I deposited some ANC to Cryptsy a few days ago and it took nearly 30 hours to show - a huge nightmare!
Activity: 364
Had to resort to trolling them on twitter, but they finally fixed the issue and it showed up.
Still not showing up.

I would recommend not using cryptsy for ANC deposits for the time being, they are working on the backend right now, no idea if this issue is related to it or not.

Has anyone else had a deposit show up on cryptsy within the last few hours?
cryptsy is crap. simple
AHZ1iKoXNDsSe68RzWy2yFxwaLky5c8Gmq

Sent some ANC there hours ago, still not showing @ cryptsy.

can't suss the "Not yet redeemed" Also, can't tell how many confirmations with the blockchain (unless I am looking in the wrong place)

Not sure if it is normal for 2 hour transactions, it was very fast getting it from cryptsy to the site I was trading on....

Help?

Pumped ? I only see its value falling :s

@Meeh what is happening ?
I have all my eggs in this coin. I think it has a great futur with the implementation of zerocoin. Why are the devs seem silent?
Anoncoin being pumped now.
Activity: 290
It has been brought to our attention that the pool anc.usr.io is under new management, and they are _not_ paying out requested withdrawals for an extended period. Find yourself another pool or you risk losing coins.
Jump to: