Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 226. (Read 530599 times)

Activity: 74
Merit: 10
Devout Atheist
I just read this entire thread.   Is the only fundamental difference from BTC/LTC that ANC can use I2P?   Is I2P and coin mixing going to be implemented in such a way that it is easier to be anonymous than with other coins?   If an exchange is not using I2P does the client need to be in clearnet mode in order to transfer coins in and out?   Any clarification on what makes this coin more anonymous would be helpful in deciding if I should make it an alt coin investment.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Nice gains for Anoncoin today!
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Add the line stfu=1 to your anoncoin.conf to silence it  Wink

Thank you it works great!

How would I do this:
'and run from command line in correct folder "anoncoin-qt -rescan" this way your balance of ANC on the imported key will be updated'
 Huh

On windows you can edit the properties of the shortcut for anoncoin-QT, by default the target is ' "C:\Program Files (x86)\Anoncoin\anoncoin-qt.exe" ' and you shall replace this by ' "C:\Program Files (x86)\Anoncoin\anoncoin-qt.exe" -rescan '. Otherwise open explorer and go in above folder then hold shift and right click then choose 'open command window here'. At prompt type 'anoncoin-qt -rescan'.

Under linux you shall execute it in terminal by typing 'anoncoin-qt -rescan' too. 
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
Is there a way to stop the alert windows 'Anoncoin is running on clearnet!' that open at start of anoncoin-QT 0.8.5.6 (i2p=1 in anoncoin.conf) under windows? Because for solo-mining when this open at restart of CPU it stop there waiting someone to hit OK button... hence I cannot start to solomine automatically anymore... maybe by putting something in anoncoin.conf or by using a command line argument?

Thank you!

Add the line stfu=1 to your anoncoin.conf to silence it  Wink
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Cool, am hoping to do an initial run in a month or so - my main issue is how do I go about creating a paper wallet for ANC? I'm not as technically minded as some unfortunately  Huh

We're having a site with support for this, I will try make it finished soon! What I did was only printing privatekeys with coins sent to the addresses on a paper. Smiley

In fact http://jsaddr.anoncoin.net/ works already very good... Wink

Also to import private key there is a tutorial here https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/How_to_import_private_keys_v7%2B

Also the anoncoin-QT will hang after importprivkey, just close it, restart the program or CPU (on windows due to a lock on the folder) and run from command line in correct folder "anoncoin-qt -rescan" this way your balance of ANC on the imported key will be updated.

Awsome, post your address for a little reward Smiley

Hehe but I got helped by K1773R and others Wink

anyway AHTF7G49ktEeo5Nh7t1EYupLDv7WZdTW6A Smiley thank you much appreciated

How would I do this:
'and run from command line in correct folder "anoncoin-qt -rescan" this way your balance of ANC on the imported key will be updated'
 Huh
Cool, am hoping to do an initial run in a month or so - my main issue is how do I go about creating a paper wallet for ANC? I'm not as technically minded as some unfortunately  Huh

We're having a site with support for this, I will try make it finished soon! What I did was only printing privatekeys with coins sent to the addresses on a paper. Smiley

Nice, shall look forward to it  Smiley
Is there a way to stop the alert windows 'Anoncoin is running on clearnet!' that open at start of anoncoin-QT 0.8.5.6 (i2p=1 in anoncoin.conf) under windows? Because for solo-mining when this open at restart of CPU it stop there waiting someone to hit OK button... hence I cannot start to solomine automatically anymore... maybe by putting something in anoncoin.conf or by using a command line argument?

Thank you!
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
:)

Still, you're the person who is willing to write a guide about it, that's a job itself, and we really need documentation! It would be awsome if you could post it on the offical forum as well. https://forum.anoncoin.net Smiley
I forgot to mention the style feature!

You can also style your client with CSS. Put a CSS file inside your anoncoin config dir, like default.css, and then add style=default.css to load the stylesheet! Link to CSS reference is here: http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/stylesheet.html
Cool, am hoping to do an initial run in a month or so - my main issue is how do I go about creating a paper wallet for ANC? I'm not as technically minded as some unfortunately  Huh

In fact http://jsaddr.anoncoin.net/ works already very good... Wink

Also to import private key there is a tutorial here https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/How_to_import_private_keys_v7%2B

Also the anoncoin-QT will hang after importprivkey, just close it, restart the program or CPU (on windows due to a lock on the folder) and run from command line in correct folder "anoncoin-qt -rescan" this way your balance of ANC on the imported key will be updated.

Activity: 308
Merit: 251
Giga
Finally, Anoncoin 0.8.5.6 is released!

The new client will warn people using clearnet connections. Clearnet is internet, unencrypted without the usage of I2P or Tor. For pool operators which should run their wallet on clearnet can disable this with the stfu=1 flag. People that don't have a anoncoin.conf file will get it written by a Wizard while starting Anoncoin. The Wizard will ask if you run I2P or Tor, if you run one or both, it can autoconfigure the client to use I2P, Tor or both.

New features/changes:

* Leveldb
* More return params in RPC getinfo
* Tracking of moneysupply in blockchain
* Coin Control
* Darknet setup Wizard
* Lower fees, minimum fee are now 0.002 ANC

Windows and OSX binaries are released here:

https://anoncoin.net/downloads/0.8.5.6/

atlast a working OSX client! thnx and Good job  Smiley
hud
Activity: 25
it is not clear what to expect
wait a long time?
~/anoncoin/src$ anoncoind

Warning: Anoncoin is running on clearnet!

Failed to connect to SAM(111)
Created a brand new SAM session (DCCITJOX)
Created a new SAM session (DCCITJOX)  from another (DCCITJOX)
Closing SAM session (DCCITJOX) ...

I'm unsure what you want. You have started the daemon, which runs in background. If you're looking for a GUI, please look at the guide above (Anoncoin-QT section) Smiley

Excellent. exactly
Finally, Anoncoin 0.8.5.6 is released!

The new client will warn people using clearnet connections. Clearnet is internet, unencrypted without the usage of I2P or Tor. For pool operators which should run their wallet on clearnet can disable this with the stfu=1 flag. People that don't have a anoncoin.conf file will get it written by a Wizard while starting Anoncoin. The Wizard will ask if you run I2P or Tor, if you run one or both, it can autoconfigure the client to use I2P, Tor or both.

New features/changes:

* Leveldb
* More return params in RPC getinfo
* Tracking of moneysupply in blockchain
* Coin Control
* Darknet setup Wizard
* Lower fees, minimum fee are now 0.002 ANC

Windows and OSX binaries are released here:

https://anoncoin.net/downloads/0.8.5.6/
Noob's guide to install on Xubuntu 12.04 & 13.10

wait a long time?

Created a new SAM session (DCCITJOX)  from another (DCCITJOX)

I'm unsure what you want. You have started the daemon, which runs in background. If you're looking for a GUI, please look at the guide above (Anoncoin-QT section) Smiley
Cool, am hoping to do an initial run in a month or so - my main issue is how do I go about creating a paper wallet for ANC? I'm not as technically minded as some unfortunately  Huh

Noob's guide to install on Xubuntu 12.04 & 13.10

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anoncoind
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Download Xubuntu 12.04 or 13.10 Desktop (http://xubuntu.org/getxubuntu/)
2) Download Universal-USB-Installer and create a bootable xubuntu USB with 4gb home folder as explained here : http://www.bluewhaleseo.com/blog/bootable-xubuntu-linux-os-usb-flash-drive-improve-productivity-mobility/
2b) or alternativelly install xubuntu on the hard drive following any tutorial

3) Restart and boot on Xubuntu:
4) when arrived on desktop : [super]+T to open terminal ([super] = [win] touch on the keyboard)
5) In the windows that open type these to update the system, and install required tools.
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get upgrade

6) Restart computer if prompted then go back in the terminal and type
$ sudo apt-get install libqtgui4 qt4-qmake libqt4-dev build-essential libboost-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev libssl-dev libdb++-dev git

7) Next, get the anoncoin source code from git. Type in terminal
$ git clone https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin.git

Cool Now that you got the source. Navigate to the src directory and begin the compilation.
$ cd anoncoin/src/

9) Type this in terminal:
$ make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-

9b) If it doesn't work because g++ is not found (because you use a xubuntu USB in place of an install) type:
$ sudo apt-get install g++
...then go back to 9) and reexecute make

9c) If it doesn't work because there is problem detecting the boost library, type this:
$ sudo apt-get install build-essential libboost-all-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libdb4.8-dev libdb4.8++-dev

10) When it completes you should have a binary file named anoncoind in the folder ($ dir). Copy this somewhere to make it executable for every user on the system.
$ sudo cp anoncoind /usr/bin/anoncoind

11) You should now be ready to run anoncoind as soon as you have a configuration file in place. You will get instructions when running anoncoind.

$ anoncoind

12) To edit anoncoin.conf :
$ nano ~/.anoncoin/anoncoin.conf
rpcuser=**your username**
rpcpassword=**your password**
daemon=1
server=1

save and close, run anoncoind, command line stop to stop, help for help
For those who does not like command line program CLI, you shall install anoncoin-QT to get a GUI

Anoncoin-QT:
0) At first, stop anoncoind
$ anoncoind stop

1) Type this
$ sudo apt-add-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin -y
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get build-dep bitcoin -y

2) Change directory to where the Git-Hub got cloned (see step 6+7 of install of anoncoind)
$ cd ~/anoncoin

3) Compile Anoncoin-QT
$ qmake "USE_BOOST_46=1"
$ make

4) When it completes you should have a binary file named anoncoin-qt in the folder ($ dir). Copy this somewhere to make it executable for every user on the system.
$ sudo cp anoncoin-qt /usr/local/bin

5) After that you can execute anoncoin-qt but stop anoncoind first
$ anoncoind stop
$ anoncoin-qt

6) If there is an error 22DbRunRecoveryException, and IF THERE IS NO COIN IN WALLET.DAT
stop anoncoin-qt and do this: $ rm ~/.anoncoin/wallet.dat
and this also: $ rm -R ~/.anoncoin/blk* ~/.anoncoin/__db* ~/.anoncoin/database
after this it should work

================================================================

TRY THIS FIRST - EASIEST MANNER:

$ sudo apt-add-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin -y
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get upgrade
$ sudo apt-get build-dep bitcoin -y
$ sudo apt-get install git
$ git clone https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin.git
$ cd anoncoin/src/
$ make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-
$ sudo cp anoncoind /usr/bin/anoncoind
$ anoncoind

12) To edit anoncoin.conf :
$ nano ~/.anoncoin/anoncoin.conf
rpcuser=**your username**
rpcpassword=**your password**
daemon=1
server=1

qt:
$ cd ~/anoncoin
$ qmake "USE_BOOST_46=1"
$ make
$ sudo cp anoncoin-qt /usr/local/bin
$ anoncoin-qt
hud
Activity: 25
wait a long time?

Created a new SAM session (DCCITJOX)  from another (DCCITJOX)

I fancy some physical Anoncoins, anyone else like the idea of this? May produce a few myself....

I'm currently giving away "value-papers" this Christmas, some few ANC on some privatekeys printed on papers to family Tongue So yea, like the idea hehe.

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
Installation instructions for
https://anoncoin.net/CompileYourOwn.htmldid not work

~/anoncoin/src$ make -f makefile.unix USE_UPNP=-
/bin/sh ../share/genbuild.sh obj/build.h
g++ -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/home/anoncoin/src -I/home/anoncoin/src/obj -DUSE_IPV6=1 -DUSE_NATIVE_I2P -I"../i2psam" -I/home/anoncoin/src/leveldb/include -I/home/anoncoin/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -o anoncoind leveldb/libleveldb.a obj/alert.o obj/version.o obj/checkpoints.o obj/netbase.o obj/addrman.o obj/crypter.o obj/key.o obj/db.o obj/init.o obj/keystore.o obj/irc.o obj/i2p.o obj/main.o obj/net.o obj/protocol.o obj/bitcoinrpc.o obj/rpcdump.o obj/rpcnet.o obj/rpcmining.o obj/rpcwallet.o obj/rpcblockchain.o obj/rpcrawtransaction.o obj/script.o obj/scrypt.o obj/sync.o obj/util.o obj/wallet.o obj/walletdb.o obj/hash.o obj/bloom.o obj/noui.o obj/leveldb.o obj/txdb.o -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now   -Wl,-Bdynamic -l boost_system -l boost_filesystem -l boost_program_options -l boost_thread -l db_cxx -l ssl -l crypto -Wl,-Bdynamic -l z -l dl -l pthread -l i2psam -L"../i2psam" /home/moon/anoncoin/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a /home/anoncoin/src/leveldb/libmemenv.a
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -li2psam
collect2: ld execution completed with return code 1
make: *** [anoncoind] Error 1
Ubuntu 12.04
go to folder i2psam and execute this
Code:
make -f makefile.unix
Jump to: