Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 261. (Read 530489 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
The coin should have been released in the start of May when the project started, not now after 2000 alt coins..
So here you say that it was planned to be ready more than a month ago
Yet you still don't have anything ready one month after that

Did I say it was planned to be ready more than a month ago? Maybe it's mine or your english, but clearly that was not what I said. I said the project started. Started as in the idea came up, we were discussing it and looking on what could be improved etc. NOT as a finished project.
So "should have been released" != "was planned to be ready"? Can a native confirm et tell me the difference?

The reason the coin couldn't wait with release before the darknet features is because of services like you provide..
And here you say that you can't wait for anything to be ready because there are too many new coins

Doesn't make much sense

Yes, as you see, it flows over with coins.. The development process should have been done faster, I agree with you on that part. Used too long time discussing specs and features and what goals which is possible and not. And with all this new coins comming up, it was now or never. If you don't like the coin, don't use it. Simple solution.
"it was now or never"? Let's reformulate: "it was when there are thousands of coins or never".
It's a non-sense. You should have waited for the altcoins hype to stop.
And moreover you should have released a coin with actual improvements, not just improvement promises.
Tell me what improvement does your coin have right now.
A coin without actual improvement won't go anywhere. Period.

Also if you can't stand with free market, you should create a bank and start corrupting politics
That's the congress and the people with "protection and free marked overview" behind the central banks job, not mine.
What the hell are talking about?
Bitcoin is open-source, you copied Bitcoin just like everybody else so yeah there are plenty of other people who did what you're doing and who will continue to do it in the future.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
:)
Do you want to use it only via TOR?

1. Install TOR https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html.en

2. Put this in your config file (anoncoin.conf):
onlynet=tor
tor=127.0.0.1:9050
addnode=m6xwmit3jovw34r2.onion
addnode=aqmdzilaqayzjb6o.onion
addnode=sf2px26xdsqphkef.onion
addnode=wwniwxrykmk2wtcw.onion

On windows, simply type "%appdata%" in Run, then navigate into Anoncoin folder and create the file if it does not exist.
MARK: create it with notepad and select all files (in save dialog), and make sure it don't add a trailing .txt so the file will be named anoncoin.conf.txt

On linux (Terminal):
cd .anoncoin
touch anoncoin.conf
open anoncoin.conf

We will add more TOR nodes in short time.

From my local node:

./anoncoind getpeerinfo
[
    {
        "addr" : "m6xwmit3jovw34r2.onion:9377",
        "services" : "00000001",
        "lastsend" : 1370630570,
        "lastrecv" : 1370630572,
        "conntime" : 1370630259,
        "version" : 70001,
        "subver" : "/Anonymous:0.7.0/",
        "inbound" : false,
        "releasetime" : 0,
        "startingheight" : 10840,
        "banscore" : 0
    },
    {
        "addr" : "aqmdzilaqayzjb6o.onion:9377",
        "lastsend" : 1370630267,
        "lastrecv" : 1370630571,
        "conntime" : 1370630264,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "sf2px26xdsqphkef.onion:9377",
        "lastsend" : 1370630368,
        "lastrecv" : 1370630570,
        "conntime" : 1370630266,
    },
    {
        "addr" : "wwniwxrykmk2wtcw.onion:9377",
        "lastsend" : 1370630526,
        "lastrecv" : 1370630570,
        "conntime" : 1370630268,
    }
]
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
it actually is
Activity: 290
Don' mine this coin!  It's just bad news.  If Hazard thinks it's crappy, you know t's crappy cuz you know the stuff Hazard puts out ain't that great.  So go ahead and mine it if you want to mine a coin that's been premined to the kazoo!!  I pass on this also!

Sure. Or maybe Hazard is just mad because we can code our own coin without having him to create it for us?  Wink Mine whatever you want.

"NOT made by Hazard". It's a great feature Smiley
Don' mine this coin!  It's just bad news.  If Hazard thinks it's crappy, you know t's crappy cuz you know the stuff Hazard puts out ain't that great.  So go ahead and mine it if you want to mine a coin that's been premined to the kazoo!!  I pass on this also!

Sure. Or maybe Hazard is just mad because we can code our own coin without having him to create it for us?  Wink Mine whatever you want.
The coin should have been released in the start of May when the project started, not now after 2000 alt coins..

Did I say it was planned to be ready more than a month ago? Maybe it's mine or your english, but clearly that was not what I said. I said the project started. Started as in the idea came up, we were discussing it and looking on what could be improved etc. NOT as a finished project.

The reason the coin couldn't wait with release before the darknet features is because of services like you provide..
And here you say that you can't wait for anything to be ready because there are too many new coins

Doesn't make much sense

Yes, as you see, it flows over with coins.. The development process should have been done faster, I agree with you on that part. Used too long time discussing specs and features and what goals which is possible and not. And with all this new coins comming up, it was now or never. If you don't like the coin, don't use it. Simple solution.

Also if you can't stand with free market, you should create a bank and start corrupting politics

That's the congress and the people with "protection and free marked overview" behind the central banks job, not mine.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
NOT Pre-mined (only ~1000 blocks, but most of it goes to the facuet)

That's some serious double-speak there.  How many coins were in each of these first 1,000 blocks, I wonder?

The first 1000 was to set checkpoints. If you don't know why checkpoints is important, please read about it. You find more about it here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Checkpoint_Lockin

Blocks starts with 4.2 coins. Meaning it was 4200 coins at launch. If you wish to aquire some, visit the faucet where they are. Free for all to request once a day. Also, 200 of them was donated really fast to people using this coin.. Read the thread history if you don't believe it.

If there is doubt about the block size, check the source: https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L834

Fair answer and thanks for the reply.  That is a very reasonable amount, if you ask me.

I don't understand why anyone would waste hashing on a coin with a stated 1,000,000+ coin premine, regardless of the reasons stated, and have seen at least one that stated 2 blocks premined, only later in the thread it was discovered that those 2 blocks were a million coins each.

I am glad to hear this is not the case.  Best of luck to you and this coin.

Yes, I completely agree with you. Therefore we was really careful at mining the first 1000 blocks, so it didn't end up in 10k blocks instead...   The faucet have ~2500coins. The rest is spread out on the initial nodes. We will collect them and add it to the faucet when required.

Thanks, and best luck to you too!
Activity: 389

That's some serious double-speak there.  How many coins were in each of these first 1,000 blocks, I wonder?

The first 1000 was to set checkpoints. If you don't know why checkpoints is important, please read about it. You find more about it here: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Checkpoint_Lockin

Blocks starts with 4.2 coins. Meaning it was 4200 coins at launch. If you wish to aquire some, visit the faucet where they are. Free for all to request once a day. Also, 200 of them was donated really fast to people using this coin.. Read the thread history if you don't believe it.

If there is doubt about the block size, check the source: https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L834

Fair answer and thanks for the reply.  That is a very reasonable amount, if you ask me.

I don't understand why anyone would waste hashing on a coin with a stated 1,000,000+ coin premine, regardless of the reasons stated, and have seen at least one that stated 2 blocks premined, only later in the thread it was discovered that those 2 blocks were a million coins each.

I am glad to hear this is not the case.  Best of luck to you and this coin.

Notice that it's first on block 42000 the block value rises, so it was not a attempt to have a cheat start with big valued blocks at the beginning or something retarded like that.

If doh, 2-40k blocks where mined, I would agree with you that it was premined.
Activity: 389

That's some serious double-speak there.  How many coins were in each of these first 1,000 blocks, I wonder?
Activity: 476
420 block a day? when I sync the client, it says 10317 blocks to sync. Is this a joke??

10317 blocks = 24+ days, heavily premined??

lol, right, the OP said "Not premined, only 1000 blocks premined", and "420 blocks per day"

what a liar. Only half day (or less), that 9000+ blocks are gone?? premined? instamined? it's a crap..

Also not a shock that the person blaming lying have created a coin himself. Feel free to flame if you think it help your coin Smiley
Although this coin is moronic, that retard has been posting "premine" in the threads of every coin other than that Infnitecoin or whatever crap it's called.

well OP made a mistake in his post, and you called the peoploe who found the problem "retard"?? From what I read, you are a 100% retard, or maybe the OP himself.

To make a coin successful, honesty is the key.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

Doesn't make much sense
"oh hey you can use my coin behind a proxy" is NOT a selling point.

Do you read, or just comment...?

Quote myself:
"
Also, the name isn't just because of the upcomming features. It's also a "activist" coin agains the Central bank monopoly which try to stop bitcoin and all other coins if you haven't noticed. Believing the Central banks won't try to stop coins, is naive..
"

And I do not hide that every coin can be used behind a proxy.
"
All coins should support TOR via the proxy setting, but as far as I know none got TOR seed nodes. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
"

The coin is as said, again, meant to live on darknets, not use darknets as a proxy. Also it's a "activist" coin.

So in the end, this is not selling.. It's a offer, if you don't want it, then don't use it. Simple as that.
All coins are "activist" coins. Every single god damn one. Your coin offers nothing unique or special, just points out the obvious. Your coin is no more resistant to "central bank monopoly" pressure than every other coin.

There is nothing that forces people to use the coin on the darknet. Therefore that is not a feature.

But hey, you have a 4chan esque logo. You might attract some kiddies with it!

So why do you offer service to create new coins for people? Fun? Entertainment? Retardness? What's so special with your creations? Just because I don't use your service and actualy know to code doesn't give you the right to flame it with the selling argument.

The reason the coin couldn't wait with release before the darknet features is because of services like you provide.. Too much junk, and it get lost between orgicoin and analcoin created by people like you for people that can't make a coin. The coin should have been released in the start of May when the project started, not now after 2000 alt coins.

If you think the coin is stupid, say so, it's your opinion and you have full rights to say it. But you don't need to flame it.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Quote myself:
"
Also, the name isn't just because of the upcomming features. It's also a "activist" coin agains the Central bank monopoly which try to stop bitcoin and all other coins if you haven't noticed. Believing the Central banks won't try to stop coins, is naive..
"

"
All coins should support TOR via the proxy setting, but as far as I know none got TOR seed nodes. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
"

The coin is as said, again, meant to live on darknets, not use darknets as a proxy. Also it's a "activist" coin.

So in the end, this is not selling.. It's a offer, if you don't want it, then don't use it. Simple as that.
All coins are "activist" coins. Every single god damn one. Your coin offers nothing unique or special, just points out the obvious. Your coin is no more resistant to "central bank monopoly" pressure than every other coin.

There is nothing that forces people to use the coin on the darknet. Therefore that is not a feature.

But hey, you have a 4chan esque logo. You might attract some kiddies with it!

Quote myself:
"
"

"
"

Rather what YOU do is selling... Offering a service for creating coins for people in exchange for coins.. THAT is selling. Please have some self insight before posting.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Thank you for a real answer! Best of luck with your coin, I'll keep an eye on it!

No problem, and thanks Smiley I will update the first post with this info to make less confusion.
Activity: 308
Get me if I'm wrong, all nodes can't be on tor which is what ever other alt coin can do.

Correct.

The plan is to have three lists of nodes hardcoded into the client. Then you got a chooise, I2P, TOR, Normal Internet or a mix of them.. (In case of mix, you will work as a gateway between the networks.)

E.g. (Psudocode, not implementated yet)

./anoncoind -onlynet=I2P - I2P only
./anoncoind -onlynet=TOR - TOR only
./anoncoind -onlynet=CLEAR - Internet only

./anoncoind -net=ALL - Mix, all of them
./anoncoind -net=DARKNET - TOR/I2P only

Jump to: