Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 38. (Read 530606 times)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10
this would be an ideal time to close down the thread for good and move permanently to the darknet. Ive been suggesting so for months
Please DON'T! I love following this thread and I think that is the case for lots of other people.
Activity: 700
Merit: 508
good arb opportunities on ExchangeD.i2p. there are buy orders for 0.00088000btc

check it out and make some ez moneyz
Hello,

I was named "The____Shadow" in the twitter sphere, I had many many followers, and no fake ones - I sorted them out very carefully.
Twitter is a very powerful tool, in my view - The user of "AnoncoinTwitter" here on bitcointalk, does not know how to use it - In addition I do not know why he is still using this account - Proud of having many followers? Well it's not because of you, it's because of anoncoin and it's surroundings.

I too was very shattered when I heard that the development of Zerocoin was stuck and Gnosis and Meeh left. I am still uncertain, if Gnosis is from know on really working on Zerocoin - although I seen him on IRC it doesn't mean he goes to work.

But who am I to judge the ways of the people here trying to hold together what is left...

In the end... the most people here will cheer for anoncoin, when the price goes up. You will see "AnoncoinTwitter" tweeting like a dog ... to get people to buy ANC - when the price is rising ...
In the end - for most people - MOST - it's all about pricing, and I admit, for me it is too - because I was too long in the CryptoCommunity and worked on so many Coins... that I lost my faith in any coin out there - Thats the reason why I don't contribute anymore - Because I just get nothing in return, no pleasure, no friends.

I'm glad that some people get back to Anoncoin, although I know that Abyss and Cryptoslave sometimes exaggerate a little bit - it's no issue.

I simply suggest to the team, that you communicate more - and to let the people know (even via clearnet) that you are there! That you really develop! Show the Code! Get open! Because that's what people like to see... give them a reason to contribute to Anoncoin. Smiley

whatever happened to the____shadow, are you still tweeting?

I deleted my account for good - It can't be retrieved either, cuz it was too long ago.

It's better that way - at least for me. Abyss, you know what shit can hit you via forums and the crypto world ... sometimes it's better to take your time out and just leave it alone for your own sake.

The best advertisement for a coin are github entries anyway... no twitter, no bitcointalk, no facebook ... simple real progress.

its a shame your out, we had some good talks. how the lifestyle treating you these days? stop on by irc sometime to catch up
Activity: 298
Merit: 250
Hello,

I was named "The____Shadow" in the twitter sphere, I had many many followers, and no fake ones - I sorted them out very carefully.
Twitter is a very powerful tool, in my view - The user of "AnoncoinTwitter" here on bitcointalk, does not know how to use it - In addition I do not know why he is still using this account - Proud of having many followers? Well it's not because of you, it's because of anoncoin and it's surroundings.

I too was very shattered when I heard that the development of Zerocoin was stuck and Gnosis and Meeh left. I am still uncertain, if Gnosis is from know on really working on Zerocoin - although I seen him on IRC it doesn't mean he goes to work.

But who am I to judge the ways of the people here trying to hold together what is left...

In the end... the most people here will cheer for anoncoin, when the price goes up. You will see "AnoncoinTwitter" tweeting like a dog ... to get people to buy ANC - when the price is rising ...
In the end - for most people - MOST - it's all about pricing, and I admit, for me it is too - because I was too long in the CryptoCommunity and worked on so many Coins... that I lost my faith in any coin out there - Thats the reason why I don't contribute anymore - Because I just get nothing in return, no pleasure, no friends.

I'm glad that some people get back to Anoncoin, although I know that Abyss and Cryptoslave sometimes exaggerate a little bit - it's no issue.

I simply suggest to the team, that you communicate more - and to let the people know (even via clearnet) that you are there! That you really develop! Show the Code! Get open! Because that's what people like to see... give them a reason to contribute to Anoncoin. Smiley

I deleted my account for good - It can't be retrieved either, cuz it was too long ago.

It's better that way - at least for me. Abyss, you know what shit can hit you via forums and the crypto world ... sometimes it's better to take your time out and just leave it alone for your own sake.

The best advertisement for a coin are github entries anyway... no twitter, no bitcointalk, no facebook ... simple real progress.
Hello,

Activity: 54
Merit: 1
Hello,

Yeah, I bet no-one would follow him had he not used the word "anoncoin" in his Twitter username. The supposed scam coin gave a nobody 1000+ followers. He shall be grateful for that if nothing else.
Activity: 298
Merit: 250
Hello,

this would be an ideal time to close down the thread for good and move permanently to the darknet. Ive been suggesting so for months
Activity: 414
Merit: 251
There is a significant amount of skepticism about the progress and development of anoncoin here on bitcointalk. This is because (amoung other things) bitcointalk isnt the center of the anoncoin world. If you would like the most up to date news and talk to the devs, join the anonymous darknet irc channel.

That skepticism is well deserved based on the ridiculous amount of time since the last ANC tagged release and the fact that the first post in this thread has not been updated in a very long time.
There is a significant amount of skepticism about the progress and development of anoncoin here on bitcointalk. This is because (amoung other things) bitcointalk isnt the center of the anoncoin world. If you would like the most up to date news and talk to the devs, join the anonymous darknet irc channel.
Support the development of anoncoin. 5% of ANC trading fees at ExchangeD.I2P will be donated to anoncoin development fund.

First I think the community needs verification of who is actually developing the coin from the developers themselves

I have visited IRC lately and have not seen any evidence of meeh or gnosis being present. The comments about about github, wiki page or irc prove nothing.  I have seen no recent work proven to be from meeh or gnosis yet you claim the are back and active.

It they are they need to post in this thread (or show see actual work in github) to prove it.

Clearly some people believe you because at 60,000 satoshi ANC prices are still more than double (almost triple) what they were in late April and early May

However people (including myself) believed what they were told about Zerocoin last fall. Look how that turned out.

I think you are quoting the wrong comment, but hey, while your at it, you got 1000 followers, could you tweet about ExchangeD.I2P?

I quoted the right post. I don't think anyone should be contributing to the development team if there are questions about who is actually developing.  You made comments about certain developers being back but have not provided proof they are true.

Until that proof is made I don't think it helps your exchange to say a certain percentage of trading fees will go towards ANC development

If gnosis and meeh reappear and can verify your claims, then maybe I would be willing to tweet about your exchange. Trust needs to be built first.

Too many new exchanges have run off with customer funds.  Until some more things can be verified I see no reason to promote it

so... you going to join the right channel? Do you need help with configuring your irc client?

This goes back to the part of our conversation where bitcointalk was a shill infested cesspool. Seriously, while your promotion is appreciated, is joining the correct channel to much to ask for?

lol
... Just be happy I have not tweeted anything negative about your exchange. Based on your post history here there are some legitimate questions regarding your technical ability to run such an exchange successfully.

comments such as...
Support the development of anoncoin. 5% of ANC trading fees at ExchangeD.I2P will be donated to anoncoin development fund.

First I think the community needs verification of who is actually developing the coin from the developers themselves

I have visited IRC lately and have not seen any evidence of meeh or gnosis being present. The comments about about github, wiki page or irc prove nothing.  I have seen no recent work proven to be from meeh or gnosis yet you claim the are back and active.

It they are they need to post in this thread (or show see actual work in github) to prove it.

Clearly some people believe you because at 60,000 satoshi ANC prices are still more than double (almost triple) what they were in late April and early May

However people (including myself) believed what they were told about Zerocoin last fall. Look how that turned out.

I think you are quoting the wrong comment, but hey, while your at it, you got 1000 followers, could you tweet about ExchangeD.I2P?

I quoted the right post. I don't think anyone should be contributing to the development team if there are questions about who is actually developing.  You made comments about certain developers being back but have not provided proof they are true.

Until that proof is made I don't think it helps your exchange to say a certain percentage of trading fees will go towards ANC development

If gnosis and meeh reappear and can verify your claims, then maybe I would be willing to tweet about your exchange. Trust needs to be built first.

Too many new exchanges have run off with customer funds.  Until some more things can be verified I see no reason to promote it

so... you going to join the right channel? Do you need help with configuring your irc client?

This goes back to the part of our conversation where bitcointalk was a shill infested cesspool. Seriously, while your promotion is appreciated, is joining the correct channel to much to ask for?

...I know how to use IRC and have been in the right channel...
what username?
Activity: 158
Merit: 100

lol
I know how to use IRC and have been in the right channel. Just be happy I have not tweeted anything negative about your exchange. Based on your post history here there are some legitimate questions regarding your technical ability to run such an exchange successfully. If I don't yet have enough trust in you to trade on your exchange, I certainly wont encourage others to do so at this time.

Like I said once I see some positive reviews of your exchange and trust is established I might consider Tweeting about you in the future. Insulting me is not going to help your cause.

I think part of the reason my Twitter followers like me is that I am honest and capable of changing my opinions. I don't blindly trust the developers of ANC or any coin for that matter.  I have said positive things about multiple coins and given constructive criticism where I think it is needed

I quoted the right post. I don't think anyone should be contributing to the development team if there are questions about who is actually developing.  You made comments about certain developers being back but have not provided proof they are true.

Too many new exchanges have run off with customer funds.  Until some more things can be verified I see no reason to promote it

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null

you need to go to IRC2P not freenode.

GNOSIS IS BACK!!!!!!

from #anoncoin-dev in irc2p:

Gnosis [nunya@7h5b2mduixkumb2aztv7qi5zgzjv45m2y2cckbhiknrnm5m5dh3q.b32.i2p] entered the room.
mode (+o Gnosis) by ChanServ
Gnosis: hi
Cryptoslave_ left the room (quit: Connection reset by peer).
Gnosis: I apologize for going away for so long
Gnosis: I'm working on picking up where I left off
me: Gnosis: \o/
me: welcome back!!!!
Gnosis: thanks!
me: what happened?
Gnosis: well I was working as a technical cofounder of a startup from November to March
me: got moneyz?
Gnosis: that took up just about 100% of my time
Gnosis: yes
me: what startup if you dont mind me asking or is it private?
Gnosis: mostly because of my current job
Gnosis: it's a mobile app
Gnosis: but yeah, private Smiley
me: cool
Gnosis: or, it _was_
Gnosis: didn't get funding
me: so are you back for good? how much free time do you have?
me: that sucks Sad
me: i launched a startup earlier this month
Gnosis: I'm not going to go away until I'm done
Gnosis: I can promise that much
Gnosis: hard to say how many hours per week I'll have
Gnosis: what was your startup?
Cryptoslave [[email protected]] entered the room.
me: exchanged.i2p
me: the first ever darknet cryptocureency exchange
Gnosis: awesome
me: also join #exchange
me: Smiley
Gnosis: somebody had to be the first
Gnosis: ok
Gnosis: does GroundRod come in here much?
me: groundrod has been working but not active on irc so much
me: we sends weekly emails though
Gnosis: ah cool
Gnosis: I'll PM him on btctalk
me: dont forget to post that you are back
me: Smiley
Gnosis: right
Gnosis: honestly though I don't want to spend more than 5-10% of my time replying to stuff on btctalk
me: dont
me: bitcointalk is a cesspool
Gnosis: there is just an enormous number of speculators both for and against ANC
me: truth
me: just something to let people know you are still alive
Gnosis: I'm bad at PR anyway
Gnosis: I'd rather hand that off to other

This easily could be a photoshop job. where are the time stamps? if Gnosis was really back it would take him less just a few minutes to log in here and tell us. Can anyone else verify he has been in IRC? I have not seen him. 

or... you could join the dev channel and ask him yourself *gasp*
Pages:
Jump to: