Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 42. (Read 530606 times)

Activity: 298
Merit: 250
"nothing new in 4 months:
https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/tree/develop"

Best to stick to the facts rather than trying to get in early. Nothing new in 4 months seems pretty self explanatory. Someone was hyping ANC to me big time back with the Zerocoin stuff, none of it real, all BS. I won't buy in again until there is new code and a good reason. I think it has a good name though, and sort of a first mover advantage.

The coin had a first mover advantage in 2013. Development delays are normal in crypto but this has gone on too long...

Lack of ANC github activity has caused me to lose hope of any Zerocoin implementation. CryptoNote exists, the future is now. #XMR #BBR

Tweeted to 1000+ followers
Cryptonote has existed for a long time, and even though it provides good privacy, I don't believe that anyone believes cryptonote is the future of cryptocurrency. It is a good intermediate solution to use until something better like zerocoin comes along.

Concerning Zerocoin, we have repeatedly stated since the gnosis debacle that zerocoin is not our first objective. There will be no zerocoin development until after we get the next release out. Please look at the development schedule here: https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Development_schedule As you see, after the the next release, we plan to first implement multi-POW and probably merged mining. It is my opinion that this will be fairly easy to do compared to what we are working on now. I don't know how long it will take to implement zerocoin, but something like 6 months time would probably be required. Add this to the time it will take us to get the next two releases out and do the math. If you are waiting for zerocoin this year, you have no one to blame but yourself.

And what do you mean by "first-mover advantage"? Are you some kind of investor/speculator? If so, the development team does not care about you. We have stated that repeatedly. All that we care about is the technology and the fact that is ANC is being used.

Finally, I hate to disparage other coins, but you probably should not be putting boolbery in the same sentence as monero. Do some research: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/blowing-the-lid-off-the-cryptonotebytecoin-scam-with-the-exception-of-monero-740112

Thank you for the last link. I had not seen that

I am not a speculator. By mover advantage I mean the first major alt coin to actively work towards a certain niche (anonymous transactions). First mover advantage often leads to higher market share if the product is accepted by the market. Market acceptance is critical for any currency to be used in everyday transactions. That is what I am looking for (a usable currency) not an investment. Anoncoin lost its first mover advantage (in its target market for anonymous transactions) because its product has been delayed and delayed.

I have seen the development schedule many times. I will wait for code to be put on github before promoting ANC going forward. I do wish everyone here the best of luck.

I hope they don't put code on guthub until it's all finnished and ready. Shall take care so not to give some scammer the opportunity to copy paste the years of development.

Let's get real, ANC is not developing some ultimate anonymous thing here, why copying it at all.
The only thing what makes ANC private or "anonymous" is it's implementation of i2p - which is - by all means - not a big deal.

The Coin needs to attract Developers - When Exchange.i2p gets real big, and remain having a strong bond to Anoncoin, it might be possible Smiley - But as I said once, I highly doubt that ANC or Exchange.i2p attract many folks in that regard.

*one could say that they might not care about attracting many people ... but im sure the devs and initiators would like Anoncoin to be a coin that is being used and traded with... to get some media attention, that people talk about it, criticize it and improve it.
Activity: 54
Merit: 1

Best to stick to the facts rather than trying to get in early. Nothing new in 4 months seems pretty self explanatory. Someone was hyping ANC to me big time back with the Zerocoin stuff, none of it real, all BS. I won't buy in again until there is new code and a good reason. I think it has a good name though, and sort of a first mover advantage.

The coin had a first mover advantage in 2013. Development delays are normal in crypto but this has gone on too long...

Lack of ANC github activity has caused me to lose hope of any Zerocoin implementation. CryptoNote exists, the future is now. #XMR #BBR

Cryptonote has existed for a long time, and even though it provides good privacy, I don't believe that anyone believes cryptonote is the future of cryptocurrency. It is a good intermediate solution to use until something better like zerocoin comes along.

Concerning Zerocoin, we have repeatedly stated since the gnosis debacle that zerocoin is not our first objective. There will be no zerocoin development until after we get the next release out. Please look at the development schedule here: https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Development_schedule As you see, after the the next release, we plan to first implement multi-POW and probably merged mining. It is my opinion that this will be fairly easy to do compared to what we are working on now. I don't know how long it will take to implement zerocoin, but something like 6 months time would probably be required. Add this to the time it will take us to get the next two releases out and do the math. If you are waiting for zerocoin this year, you have no one to blame but yourself.

And what do you mean by "first-mover advantage"? Are you some kind of investor/speculator? If so, the development team does not care about you. We have stated that repeatedly. All that we care about is the technology and the fact that is ANC is being used.

Finally, I hate to disparage other coins, but you probably should not be putting boolbery in the same sentence as monero. Do some research: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/blowing-the-lid-off-the-cryptonotebytecoin-scam-with-the-exception-of-monero-740112

I am not a speculator. By mover advantage I mean the first major alt coin to actively work towards a certain niche (anonymous transactions). First mover advantage often leads to higher market share if the product is accepted by the market. Market acceptance is critical for any currency to be used in everyday transactions. That is what I am looking for (a usable currency) not an investment. Anoncoin lost its first mover advantage (in its target market for anonymous transactions) because its product has been delayed and delayed.

I have seen the development schedule many times. I will wait for code to be put on github before promoting ANC going forward. I do wish everyone here the best of luck.

I hope they don't put code on guthub until it's all finnished and ready. Shall take care so not to give some scammer the opportunity to copy paste the years of development.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100

Activity: 249

Activity: 158

Activity: 700
Merit: 508
BETA LAUNCH STARTS NOW!!!!

*wallets are not finished syncing. If your looking for fast deposits i would wait another 48 hours or so
soo....

new version? is the testnet going badly or is GroundRod having troubles?
The testnet is still ongoing. As can be seen on our development schedule (https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Development_schedule) we are at this point:

Setting Anoncoin's RetargetPID P, I and D parameters → ONGOING
Testing on Testnet-4 → ONGOING

Our PID difficulty retargeting algorithm (PID=Proportional-Integral-Derivative controller) represents a radical departure from what is used in all other cryptocurrencies. Given that this will require a hardfork, we are doing extensive testing to determine the best values for the parameters that are involved.

If you are asking for a deadline, I shouldn't have to remind you, but we don't give deadlines anymore.

jah, It's good giving no deadlines. Just wanted to check how its going, since we haven't heard much.
thx
soo....

The testnet is still ongoing. As can be seen on our development schedule (https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Development_schedule) we are at this point:

Setting Anoncoin's RetargetPID P, I and D parameters → ONGOING
Testing on Testnet-4 → ONGOING

Our PID difficulty retargeting algorithm (PID=Proportional-Integral-Derivative controller) represents a radical departure from what is used in all other cryptocurrencies. Given that this will require a hardfork, we are doing extensive testing to determine the best values for the parameters that are involved.

If you are asking for a deadline, I shouldn't have to remind you, but we don't give deadlines anymore.
soo....

Update, the exchange code is finished feel free to test it out. We are in the process of moving to a different server. It will be a couple more days maybe a week before configuration is done,  block chain syncing is complete and wallets are enabled.
Where can i access it?
http://fclgyds4otcwiwwlsqh6x3q6x54ws5qapythrtefg2ceyoa5vzsq.b32.i2p

your browser must be configured for i2p browsing first
Activity: 196
Merit: 104

That's np. Just felt a bit sorry for all your effort Smiley. If you are at Cryptsy, please give me your trade key instead, because then the ANC will arrive immediately. I have noticed lately that it takes several days before withdrawals can be seen on the blockchain.

Ok, since you did not answer, I sent them to the address you provided, but it may take one or two days.

Hey sorry about that just woke up but I see the transaction went through and +10ANC in my wallet. Much appreciated thank you!
Activity: 189
जगत् िमत
Update, the exchange code is finished feel free to test it out. We are in the process of moving to a different server. It will be a couple more days maybe a week before configuration is done,  block chain syncing is complete and wallets are enabled.
Where can i access it?
Activity: 95
Merit: 10

So did anonmining.com close up and steal any coins you still had there? Can't seem to find an answer of what happened and their domain is expired now. I don't think there was any warning or anything...

And sorry to bring this up here but I think it's relevant as they had advertised in this thread earlier and were one of the better anoncoin pools IMO.
Use p2pool. You can mine at my public p2pool or setup your own (the one @ my github).
Ok thanks that's a bit helpful just wish I could receive the 5 ANC I spent a couple months over the winter mining (was on fairly low intensity). It isn't so much the quantity that matters but the time I wasted producing them so they could be taken by whoever ran that place. Anyone know anything about who they were and if there's someone I could contact for the off-chance they would actually pay me my earnings?

Guess that's what I get for leaving coins in the account and not taking a payout sooner...

Hi, give me your address and I'll give you 10 ANC Smiley

Wow thank you so much! Aa9jashMtDJB7XBdFfqoWUVTkC8obgF1d7 should work. Really appreciate this was pretty bumbed out over my loss.

Thanks again!

That's np. Just felt a bit sorry for all your effort Smiley. If you are at Cryptsy, please give me your trade key instead, because then the ANC will arrive immediately. I have noticed lately that it takes several days before withdrawals can be seen on the blockchain.

Ok, since you did not answer, I sent them to the address you provided, but it may take one or two days.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10

So did anonmining.com close up and steal any coins you still had there? Can't seem to find an answer of what happened and their domain is expired now. I don't think there was any warning or anything...

And sorry to bring this up here but I think it's relevant as they had advertised in this thread earlier and were one of the better anoncoin pools IMO.
Use p2pool. You can mine at my public p2pool or setup your own (the one @ my github).
Ok thanks that's a bit helpful just wish I could receive the 5 ANC I spent a couple months over the winter mining (was on fairly low intensity). It isn't so much the quantity that matters but the time I wasted producing them so they could be taken by whoever ran that place. Anyone know anything about who they were and if there's someone I could contact for the off-chance they would actually pay me my earnings?

Guess that's what I get for leaving coins in the account and not taking a payout sooner...

Wow thank you so much! Aa9jashMtDJB7XBdFfqoWUVTkC8obgF1d7 should work. Really appreciate this was pretty bumbed out over my loss.

Thanks again!

Activity: 196
Merit: 104

Thanks again!
I have some news: the testnet will be delayed by 7 days. This is necessary because the code is not as close to being ready as I had anticipated when I made that estimate.

I have come up with a schedule for remaining components to finish. I will give updates at ~8:00 UTC each day with what parts of the schedule I have finished the previous day (I am at a UTC-7 timezone). Whenever possible, I will also provide evidence that the functionality works. Here's the schedule:

10-1410-1510-1610-1710-1810-1910-2010-21
CWalletCoinzerocoin_wallet storage
RPC mint txn
relaying mint txns
accum. chkpts in block
wallet witness update
wallet mint logic
refactor CoinSpend
RPC create spend + impl.
store own spend pieces locally
RPC get seeding spend proofs
net: seed spends
net: receive and verify spends
store received spend pieces
wallet spend logic
debugging
(GUI if time permits)
debuggingdebugging

I know that one week may seem like forever to some of you who have been eagerly watching this thread and IRC, but this is only a 15% increase in the time required since I started working full time on this, so not an unusual delay compared to similar large software projects.

The new launch date and time will be 2014-10-22 at 16:00 UTC.

EDIT 10-18: I realize now that I messed up the columns. Fixed.

At this point I think it is safe to say that Gnosis missed his revised 7 day deadline and has left the project

Meeh may not be active here but still seems to be doing a lot of work for the I2P Project so could continue to be very helpful in the future.

Meanwhile can someone who is in contact with meeh IRL ask him to update OP? We need to for example remove the links to the exchanges that no longer trade ANC (bittrex) or are obvious scam/fractional reserve exchanges (vircurex). We also need to be able to update OP with links to the new release when it comes. Not every new user will want to search this thread or visit Github for download links. Most bitcointalk newcomers expect current download links to be in the OP.

.Gnosis - The guy who realized that this whole thing doesn't work at all and quit the Zerocoin dream (I believe more in some Professor than in a internet dude)
.Meeh still being active on i2p? - I don't think so. That dude did a major break.

Only buy Bitcoin, your are on the safe side. Anoncoin won't ever go over 1.Mio again - even when the update comes. Many coins proved that software updates do nothing with the price, nor with the community.

In fact finding a price in the crypto world is very surreal, it depends on many factors - the best factor is that of something "new". A New Coin has a better chance of going higher than Anoncoin than an older Coin ...

A Coin needs to get hyped and hyped... and hyped further, up until that point the longer it stays up, the longer it stays there. If the people see a coin having a high price over a longer period of time, they get accustomed to the price... and buy in.
Hi SmokingSkull,

If you are an investor, please be aware that we don't a give shit about the price of ANC. You are quite right that the price of most cryptocoins has nothing to do with reality. If you care about fundamentals, you could at least start by ordering the crytpocoins by volume, and not market cap.

If you have any concrete questions you would like answered, please don't hesitate to ask.

Lunokhod

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
cryptocollectorsclub.com

Activity: 150
Merit: 102
@thunderjet - Excellent find!  Spent allot of time in that RelayWalletTransaction(), convinced that was where the problem must be @.  My initial reaction here is that you've nailed it.  My experience is primarily with the 0.9.2+ codebase & there is significant differences between the two there, did not know that about 0.8.6.  We'll have to see what Gnosis thinks, but I'm really happy you pointed this out!

GR

This is the MOST RECENT post of groundrod in this Anoncoin thread

He has not logged in or posted in any thread in months:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/groundrod-56142
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/groundrod-56142

If ANC is really close to releasing a new client why have we not heard from him?

Lack of communication from the devs and lack of code in Github is very suspicious.

nothing new in 4 months:
https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/tree/develop

I was fooled last fall with the promises and pump prior to "zerocoin" release. I wont be fooled by promises this time.

If I am wrong and groundrod updates github dev branch with innovative new code I am sorry.

Based on past experience I think being overly cautious is usually the best course of action.
I have some news: the testnet will be delayed by 7 days. This is necessary because the code is not as close to being ready as I had anticipated when I made that estimate.

I have come up with a schedule for remaining components to finish. I will give updates at ~8:00 UTC each day with what parts of the schedule I have finished the previous day (I am at a UTC-7 timezone). Whenever possible, I will also provide evidence that the functionality works. Here's the schedule:

10-1410-1510-1610-1710-1810-1910-2010-21
CWalletCoinzerocoin_wallet storage
RPC mint txn
relaying mint txns
accum. chkpts in block
wallet witness update
wallet mint logic
refactor CoinSpend
RPC create spend + impl.
store own spend pieces locally
RPC get seeding spend proofs
net: seed spends
net: receive and verify spends
store received spend pieces
wallet spend logic
debugging
(GUI if time permits)
debuggingdebugging

I know that one week may seem like forever to some of you who have been eagerly watching this thread and IRC, but this is only a 15% increase in the time required since I started working full time on this, so not an unusual delay compared to similar large software projects.

The new launch date and time will be 2014-10-22 at 16:00 UTC.

EDIT 10-18: I realize now that I messed up the columns. Fixed.

At this point I think it is safe to say that Gnosis missed his revised 7 day deadline and has left the project

Meeh may not be active here but still seems to be doing a lot of work for the I2P Project so could continue to be very helpful in the future.

Meanwhile can someone who is in contact with meeh IRL ask him to update OP? We need to for example remove the links to the exchanges that no longer trade ANC (bittrex) or are obvious scam/fractional reserve exchanges (vircurex). We also need to be able to update OP with links to the new release when it comes. Not every new user will want to search this thread or visit Github for download links. Most bitcointalk newcomers expect current download links to be in the OP.

.Gnosis - The guy who realized that this whole thing doesn't work at all and quit the Zerocoin dream (I believe more in some Professor than in a internet dude)
.Meeh still being active on i2p? - I don't think so. That dude did a major break.

Only buy Bitcoin, your are on the safe side. Anoncoin won't ever go over 1.Mio again - even when the update comes. Many coins proved that software updates do nothing with the price, nor with the community.

In fact finding a price in the crypto world is very surreal, it depends on many factors - the best factor is that of something "new". A New Coin has a better chance of going higher than Anoncoin than an older Coin ...

A Coin needs to get hyped and hyped... and hyped further, up until that point the longer it stays up, the longer it stays there. If the people see a coin having a high price over a longer period of time, they get accustomed to the price... and buy in.
Pages:
Jump to: