Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 46. (Read 530606 times)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Just to let others know, I tried again to build the develop-themes branch on Debian (9) stretch x86 (and I'm not in a VM) but this time I deleted every anoncoin directories and started all new. I did follow the instructions and did exactly what is told here https://wiki.anoncoin.net/How_to_build_Anoncoin_develop , except that I did 'git checkout develop-themes' in that case.
Unfortunately the last 'make' command still ends with the scrypt-sse2 error that I already posted, and no anoncoin programs are build.

So my next step is to install debian 8 (Jessie) in a VM and try again.
Sorry to flood here. Should I fill a bug report somewhere? can it be a problem with the chipset of my laptop?
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Just to be clear: Anoncoin is not a dead coin. We have a new lead developer, GroundRod, who has brought the code up to bitcoin 0.10 standards, and who has added many new features, such as a innovative PID difficulty retargeting algorithm (see https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Development_schedule). You can download/build the the develop branch on github to see for yourself. We are currently testing the PID algorithm on internal testnets.

But to get back to your original comment: Meeh has not given up on Anoncoin, but even if he did, the project would live on without him.

Sorry, maybe I was a bit harsh and you are right.
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
https://twitter.com/mikalv/status/606826974418464768

Got this notification from Meeh. I guess you can translate yourselves \,,,/

don't believe that, meeh just talks a lot...

Google translation.....

It should work fine as far as I know. Has been "offline" in recent months, but should take a look at the project next week. Smiley

I have not spoken to Meeh so have no further comment at this time.

Maybe, but this is definitively a positive thing. He is alive and seems to be positive about the project anyways. He could have stated that he does not want to be affiliated with Anoncoin anymore too, but he didn't. I think he moved from Norway to Cebu ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cebu ) and it probably takes some time to settle down. May be that he eventually returns to the project when life over there gets boring Wink. We have seen coin projects where this has happened before... a developer with respect suddenly returns or takes over a "dead" coin and the value of the coin multi-ten-folds.

Just my thoughts
Just to be clear: Anoncoin is not a dead coin. We have a new lead developer, GroundRod, who has brought the code up to bitcoin 0.10 standards, and who has added many new features, such as a innovative PID difficulty retargeting algorithm (see https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Development_schedule). You can download/build the the develop branch on github to see for yourself. We are currently testing the PID algorithm on internal testnets.

But to get back to your original comment: Meeh has not given up on Anoncoin, but even if he did, the project would live on without him.

Google translation.....

It should work fine as far as I know. Has been "offline" in recent months, but should take a look at the project next week. Smiley

Maybe, but this is definitively a positive thing. He is alive and seems to be positive about the project anyways. He could have stated that he does not want to be affiliated with Anoncoin anymore too, but he didn't. I think he moved from Norway to Cebu ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cebu ) and it probably takes some time to settle down. May be that he eventually returns to the project when life over there gets boring Wink. We have seen coin projects where this has happened before... a developer with respect suddenly returns or takes over a "dead" coin and the value of the coin multi-ten-folds.

Just my thoughts
...ehrr.... there is still this same problem as before.

I finished to build in the depends directory. Thank you lunokhod and cryptoslave for your fast answers.
Fetching qt46 was long, and fetching bdb was a little too.

And then after that I went back and cleaned the "root" directory anoncoin-develop-themes. I ran 'make clean', deleted the configure file, the makefile and all other files standing there except directories. Then I uncompressed the original develop-themes.zip again to take all the original files needed. As there is no configure script at first, I ran ./autogen.sh in there (not in depends anymore).

and after that I did  accordingly to the wiki tutorial shown by lunokhod (https://wiki.anoncoin.net/How_to_build_Anoncoin_develop)
Code:
./configure --prefix=`pwd`/depends/i686-pc-linux-gnu

And then it's here again, same errors:

Code:
Making all in src
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/user/Code/anoncoin-develop-themes/src'
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/user/Code/anoncoin-develop-themes/src'
  CXX      libanoncoin_common_a-scrypt-sse2.o
scrypt-sse2.cpp: In function ‘void scrypt_1024_1_1_256_sp_sse2(const char*, char*, char*)’:
scrypt-sse2.cpp:124:50: warning: SSE vector return without SSE enabled changes the ABI [-Wpsabi]
    X.i128[k] = _mm_xor_si128(X.i128[k], V[j + k]);
                                                  ^
In file included from scrypt-sse2.cpp:36:0:
/usr/lib/gcc/i586-linux-gnu/4.9/include/emmintrin.h: In function ‘void xor_salsa8_sse2(__m128i*, const __m128i*)’:
/usr/lib/gcc/i586-linux-gnu/4.9/include/emmintrin.h:1282:1: error: inlining failed in call to always_inline ‘__m128i _mm_xor_si128(__m128i, __m128i)’: target specific option mismatch
 _mm_xor_si128 (__m128i __A, __m128i __B)
 ^
scrypt-sse2.cpp:44:39: error: called from here
  X0 = B[0] = _mm_xor_si128(B[0], Bx[0]);
                                       ^
/usr/lib/gcc/i586-linux-gnu/4.9/include/emmintrin.h:1282:1: error: inlining failed in call to always_inline ‘__m128i _mm_xor_si128(__m128i, __m128i)’: target specific option mismatch
 ^
scrypt-sse2.cpp:45:39: error: called from here
  X1 = B[1] = _mm_xor_si128(B[1], Bx[1]);

and finishes like that:

Code:
scrypt-sse2.cpp:92:31: error: called from here
  B[3] = _mm_add_epi32(B[3], X3);
                               ^
Makefile:2674: recipe for target 'libanoncoin_common_a-scrypt-sse2.o' failed
make[2]: *** [libanoncoin_common_a-scrypt-sse2.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/user/Code/anoncoin-develop-themes/src'
Makefile:5136: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/user/Code/anoncoin-develop-themes/src'
Makefile:573: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

So the only way I see to be sure is to delete everything and restart building clean. will do that in a few hours I think...
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Did you follow the instructions here: https://wiki.anoncoin.net/How_to_build_Anoncoin_develop, and build everything in the depends directory?

wow, thank you lunokhod, I was totally looking in the wrong direction... not building in the depends folder was my error. I needed to "cd depends" after autogen.sh
I'm used to stick to the README and INSTALL files when I'm compiling, and the instructions in the INSTALL file of the anoncoin-developp-themes were:

Code:
./autogen.sh
./configure
make
make install

Next time I'll look more carrefully in the wiki before posting here.

So now I have another building problem:

I ran autogen.sh in the root of the anoncoin-developp-themes uncompressed folder, then ran cd depends, and make.
But after 20 minutes or so, it is stuck at "fetching qt46", and top command shows no cpu activity for that task. I stopped, ran make again, same thing. All dependencies are satisfied by the way.

Fetching QT download it from web and this can take alot of time (it is the most long task in the whole building).

Let it run for 30 min - 1 h before becoming worried (take 20 min here)...

Did you follow the instructions here: https://wiki.anoncoin.net/How_to_build_Anoncoin_develop, and build everything in the depends directory?

wow, thank you lunokhod, I was totally looking in the wrong direction... not building in the depends folder was my error. I needed to "cd depends" after autogen.sh
I'm used to stick to the README and INSTALL files when I'm compiling, and the instructions in the INSTALL file of the anoncoin-developp-themes were:

Code:
./autogen.sh
./configure
make
make install

Next time I'll look more carrefully in the wiki before posting here.

So now I have another building problem:

I ran autogen.sh in the root of the anoncoin-developp-themes uncompressed folder, then ran cd depends, and make.
But after 20 minutes or so, it is stuck at "fetching qt46", and top command shows no cpu activity for that task. I stopped, ran make again, same thing. All dependencies are satisfied by the way.
Hi,
I'm trying to compile the develop-themes on debian testing (stretch), and I have some errors related to sse2 as much as I can tell.
I did 2 or 3 hours of research, no luck, so I'm turning to you because I can't acces IRC for the moment Wink

what I did:
After succesfully running autogen.sh and configure, make stops and gives these particular errors (I'm giving interestings chunks of logs only):

Code:
scrypt-sse2.cpp: In function ‘void scrypt_1024_1_1_256_sp_sse2(const char*, char*, char*)’:
scrypt-sse2.cpp:124:50: warning: SSE vector return without SSE enabled changes the ABI [-Wpsabi]
                                                  ^

then many times this same error, repeatedly:

Code:
 ^

and it all finishes like that:

Code:
                               ^

I tried to add -msse2 flags to the makefile on the CPPFLAGS  CXXFLAGS lines, but none of these work (nothing changed, and I did run "make clean" after every try).
Is it really an sse2 related error? where can I make sure the -msse2 option is passed to the compiler?
And yes my CPU has the sse2 flag (as far as cat /proc/cpuinfo can tell).

Hope anyone of you can help me

Activity: 158

Google translation.....

Hi,
I'm trying to compile the develop-themes on debian testing (stretch), and I have some errors related to sse2 as much as I can tell.
I did 2 or 3 hours of research, no luck, so I'm turning to you because I can't acces IRC for the moment Wink

what I did:
After succesfully running autogen.sh and configure, make stops and gives these particular errors (I'm giving interestings chunks of logs only):

Code:
                                                  ^

then many times this same error, repeatedly:

Code:
 ^

and it all finishes like that:

Code:
                               ^

I tried to add -msse2 flags to the makefile on the CPPFLAGS  CXXFLAGS lines, but none of these work (nothing changed, and I did run "make clean" after every try).
Is it really an sse2 related error? where can I make sure the -msse2 option is passed to the compiler?
And yes my CPU has the sse2 flag (as far as cat /proc/cpuinfo can tell).

Hope anyone of you can help me
Activity: 298

Here is some info I got from Cryptsy angels:

Hi! What does the status "Pending Wallet/Network Fix" mean?

The status means that our technical team is still working on the issue and will let us know as soon as this is resolved. Basically we are now just waiting for them to either restore the coins or released to the blockchain. Any way, I will let you know as soon as I have an update from them regarding your concern. Thank you for your patience.

This was six days ago and 10 days since the failing withdrawal. However, I can recall something similar happened a year ago and I had to wait two months, but the coins DID show up after all. Cryptsy has never scammed in that sense, so I have the trust and I do not actually worry at all

I received my coins that were stuck today. Lets hope they pay more attention in the future and dont repeat same mistakes.

Yes, I also got my coins now. Smiley
HzE
Activity: 161

The status means that our technical team is still working on the issue and will let us know as soon as this is resolved. Basically we are now just waiting for them to either restore the coins or released to the blockchain. Any way, I will let you know as soon as I have an update from them regarding your concern. Thank you for your patience.

This was six days ago and 10 days since the failing withdrawal. However, I can recall something similar happened a year ago and I had to wait two months, but the coins DID show up after all. Cryptsy has never scammed in that sense, so I have the trust and I do not actually worry at all

I received my coins that were stuck today. Lets hope they pay more attention in the future and dont repeat same mistakes.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null

The coins showed up because i helped them to get their tx's mined. same for some other exchanges.

Never scammed? Ok. give me 1000 ANC for 2 Months and i will give them back AND make money while doing so...

Activity: 54
Merit: 1
screenshot:

Fantastic! In 10 years from now we will look at that pic and say, oh boy who would have thought...
Activity: 150
When is the next Anoncoin block reduction and how often do they occur.  Also when will 90% of the coins be distributed and then 99%.  I couldn't seem to find this info on the Anoncoin wiki.  All the wiki says is the following -

What is the current block reward, and when will it halve?
The current block reward is 2.5 ANC. This is expected to halve to 2.5 ANC around November 2016.

If someone can give me a good explanation I'll try and add to the wiki.

Hi Matthew,

Here's the info, which was somewhat burried in the About Anoncoin wiki page

Anoncoin was originally a fork of the Litecoin source code. The creation of new coins is by the reward to miners for processing transactions into blocks that are added to the block chain, where mining is performed by proof of work using the scrypt hashing function. A total of 3.1 million coins can be mined into existence, which is 7 times less than the maximum supply of Bitcoin, and transactions are processed, on average, every 3 minutes. The current block reward is 2.5 ANC, and this will be halved to 1.25 on approximately October 23, 2016. The block reward distribution schedule is the following: 4.2 ANC for blocks until 42,000; 7 ANC until block 77,777; a 10 ANC bonus block for 77778; 5 ANC until block 306,600; and then halving of block rewards every 306,600 blocks (which is approximately every one year and nine months or 638 days). There were 4200 ANC premined by the developers, but these coins were returned to the community through the faucet and by give-aways.

If you could make a plot, or just clean up and add the relevant info, that would be great. I don't have much free time these days to work on this Sad
If you need an account, just let me know.

Here is a plot:

I remember reading that the devs were considering implementing the Primecoin hashing algo as one of the auxPoW hashing algo's in a myriad of chains.  Why not implement the Riecoin algo instead or as well of as one of the three chains minimum that are needed to run a myriad properly.

How is Riecoin different from Primecoin?

Primecoin uses the Fermat primality test, which has some flaws. Carmichael numbers are not prime and still pass Fermat's test for all bases, however those are relatively rare. Secondly, in general, if Fermat's test says a number is prime, it has at least a 50% probability of being prime. Primecoin uses only one Fermat test with base 2. While base 2 may provide more confidence than the general bound of 50%, still many composites will pass as primes. What's worst, is that Euler-Lagrange-Lifchitz test used for the other primes in the chain assumes the previous number in the chain is prime. So if the chain starts with a number that is not prime, then the Euler-Lagrange-Lifchitz test is not guaranteed to work, and all numbers in the chain may be composite.
Short version: Primecoin numbers are not guarranteed to be prime, they may be Fermat pseudoprimes to the base 2. There is an infinite list of Fermat pseudoprimes to the base 2 (oeis.org/A001567). Riecoin uses enough Rabin-Miller tests with random bases, so the probability of a number that is not prime being accepted by the majority of the Riecoin network is negligible.

We propose the n/s "range explored (numbers) per second" metric instead of pps (primes per second) or shorter-chains per second. This is the quantity of numbers tested (whether by sieve of explicit primality test) and discarded as not constituting a valid PoW per second. While it is still difficult to compare this number for different difficulties, it is a much better metric: it can be used to meaningfully compare different algorithms, hardware speed, etc as long as you have the same diff. More n/s always means more blocks. For example a mining rig would be advertised as having X n/s@minimum diff. Something similar like "multipliers per second" might be possible for Primecoin, but it wouldn't scale as well when difficulty grows. In Primecoin, PPS is "just for fun" and shorter chains per second may not be accurate to compare the performance of algorithms for full-length chains per second.

Assuming the Riemann Hypothesis and the Hardy-Littlewood k-tuple conjectures are true, by using Hardy-Littlewood constants a miner can estimate the average time before a block is found, allowing profit calculations and to estimate the computing power of the network.

In Primecoin there is no practical way of estimating the time before finding a block, moreover difficulty 10.1 is easier than 9.9 making it impossible to estimate how secure the network is.

A centralized checkpoint system is implemented inside Primecoin. While it is disabled by default, if FUD about attacks start to spread, I believe some people will panic and enable it. A centralized checkpoint allows its controllers to perform double spends without any need for any % of hash rate. Can we be sure it will not be hacked and/or abused?

Riecoin is capped to a fixed amount of coins (84M), but Primecoin has no limit. While it is arguable, we believe our deflationary model - similar to Bitcoin's - is better.

1min block speed would bloat the blockchain and create more orphans, stales. We have 2.5min which was tested for years in LTC. I don't know of any 1min coin that has years of testing. I think it's not true that 1min is fast enough for waiting in a line when you buy a coffee: with blocks targeted each minute, you have a 1 in 150 chance of having to wait more than 5 minutes for a block, this would still be unacceptable for some coffee stores. Also, with 2.5 each block requires more work, meaning we will have larger prime numbers sooner.

This sounds interesting... Our first objective is to get the 0.9.6 major release out that we've been working on the past 6 months or so. As you can see on the dev schedule, we have pretty much finished all the coding and we are working out some of the last bugs on a testnet.

After this is released, implementing 2+ POW chains is the next objective. We will probably start with 2 (scrypt, sha-256), but a third would be nice. We are also talking about merged mining on some of these chains. In any case, we are hoping that our new PID-based difficulty retarget algorithm will reduce (but not eliminate) much of the need for these developments.

Let's discuss this more after the next release...
When is the next Anoncoin block reduction and how often do they occur.  Also when will 90% of the coins be distributed and then 99%.  I couldn't seem to find this info on the Anoncoin wiki.  All the wiki says is the following -

What is the current block reward, and when will it halve?
The current block reward is 2.5 ANC. This is expected to halve to 2.5 ANC around November 2016.

If someone can give me a good explanation I'll try and add to the wiki.

Hi Matthew,

Here's the info, which was somewhat burried in the About Anoncoin wiki page

Anoncoin was originally a fork of the Litecoin source code. The creation of new coins is by the reward to miners for processing transactions into blocks that are added to the block chain, where mining is performed by proof of work using the scrypt hashing function. A total of 3.1 million coins can be mined into existence, which is 7 times less than the maximum supply of Bitcoin, and transactions are processed, on average, every 3 minutes. The current block reward is 2.5 ANC, and this will be halved to 1.25 on approximately October 23, 2016. The block reward distribution schedule is the following: 4.2 ANC for blocks until 42,000; 7 ANC until block 77,777; a 10 ANC bonus block for 77778; 5 ANC until block 306,600; and then halving of block rewards every 306,600 blocks (which is approximately every one year and nine months or 638 days). There were 4200 ANC premined by the developers, but these coins were returned to the community through the faucet and by give-aways.

If you could make a plot, or just clean up and add the relevant info, that would be great. I don't have much free time these days to work on this Sad
If you need an account, just let me know.

Pages:
Jump to: