Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 45. (Read 530606 times)

Activity: 138
Merit: 100
http://www.btc38.com/trade.html?mk_type=cny&btc38_trade_coin_name=anc

Big volume in China again today

At this rate btc38 could replace Cryptsy as the primary ANC exchange
China has more volume in general i think now-a-days.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
http://www.btc38.com/trade.html?mk_type=cny&btc38_trade_coin_name=anc

Big volume in China again today

At this rate btc38 could replace Cryptsy as the primary ANC exchange
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Free wallpaper:

It's also on the anoncoin wiki:
https://wiki.anoncoin.net/File:Wallpaper3b.png

Looks good. Hints of both 3-D and motion.
Activity: 30
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
Hi all!

Posted some ANC from vircurex and the coins took several days to arrive at Cryptsy... The problem seemed to be slowness in the network (according to Cryptsy, as I never bothered to check the block chain). However, strange that the hashrate seems to be around the same as it has been for a while. What is the current situation, should it be OK to wait a few days or what do you think?

Its funny that cex.io/vircurex/oterhs work without problems Wink
AFAIK they still dont run it in I2PMode.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Hi all!

Posted some ANC from vircurex and the coins took several days to arrive at Cryptsy... The problem seemed to be slowness in the network (according to Cryptsy, as I never bothered to check the block chain). However, strange that the hashrate seems to be around the same as it has been for a while. What is the current situation, should it be OK to wait a few days or what do you think?
So did anonmining.com close up and steal any coins you still had there? Can't seem to find an answer of what happened and their domain is expired now. I don't think there was any warning or anything...

And sorry to bring this up here but I think it's relevant as they had advertised in this thread earlier and were one of the better anoncoin pools IMO.
Use p2pool. You can mine at my public p2pool or setup your own (the one @ my github).
Ok thanks that's a bit helpful just wish I could receive the 5 ANC I spent a couple months over the winter mining (was on fairly low intensity). It isn't so much the quantity that matters but the time I wasted producing them so they could be taken by whoever ran that place. Anyone know anything about who they were and if there's someone I could contact for the off-chance they would actually pay me my earnings?

Guess that's what I get for leaving coins in the account and not taking a payout sooner...

Hi, give me your address and I'll give you 10 ANC Smiley
Activity: 196
Merit: 104
So did anonmining.com close up and steal any coins you still had there? Can't seem to find an answer of what happened and their domain is expired now. I don't think there was any warning or anything...

And sorry to bring this up here but I think it's relevant as they had advertised in this thread earlier and were one of the better anoncoin pools IMO.
Use p2pool. You can mine at my public p2pool or setup your own (the one @ my github).
Ok thanks that's a bit helpful just wish I could receive the 5 ANC I spent a couple months over the winter mining (was on fairly low intensity). It isn't so much the quantity that matters but the time I wasted producing them so they could be taken by whoever ran that place. Anyone know anything about who they were and if there's someone I could contact for the off-chance they would actually pay me my earnings?

Guess that's what I get for leaving coins in the account and not taking a payout sooner...
legendary
/dev/null

Activity: 196
Merit: 104

Will the old wallets work with the new update? Was thinking of vircurex for example (they are not active developing anything anymore)
Activity: 30
You can open a Issue on Github with all details you have.

ok, here it is: https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/issues/76
legendary
/dev/null
Just to be clear: Anoncoin is not a dead coin. We have a new lead developer, GroundRod, who has brought the code up to bitcoin 0.10 standards, and who has added many new features, such as a innovative PID difficulty retargeting algorithm (see https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Development_schedule). You can download/build the the develop branch on github to see for yourself. We are currently testing the PID algorithm on internal testnets.

But to get back to your original comment: Meeh has not given up on Anoncoin, but even if he did, the project would live on without him.

Sorry, maybe I was a bit harsh and you are right.

Development branch hasn't been altered since February 2015.
We don't see GroundRod coding^^ or getting the code up to 0.1 standards

not blame - just saying
You are right in not trusting us. All I can say is that if you look at your Anoncoin peers, you will see about three that are running 0.9.6.1. We are holding back on pushing the post 0.9.4 code to github as some of our developments, including real block hashes and PID retargetting, could be easily copied.

Of course, it would be easy to make some clients with fake version numbers if we wanted to pump and dump.

As i have stated before I think we should push the current 9.6.1 code to a public development branch. More transparency would be refreshing,

Im against this. A lot of people still run the oldest working release! If we release this now, people will get it and stop bothering getting the finished new version.
We could let everyone know that it is unstable. There hasn't been a lot of activity on GitHub in several months so I can empathize with the frustration within the community. what If we released screenshots of the new wallet? I think this could go a long way towards alleviating some of the concerns about progress members of the community may have.
Aslong the beta/WIP code isnt released, im fine with it.
Activity: 700
Merit: 508
Just to be clear: Anoncoin is not a dead coin. We have a new lead developer, GroundRod, who has brought the code up to bitcoin 0.10 standards, and who has added many new features, such as a innovative PID difficulty retargeting algorithm (see https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Development_schedule). You can download/build the the develop branch on github to see for yourself. We are currently testing the PID algorithm on internal testnets.

But to get back to your original comment: Meeh has not given up on Anoncoin, but even if he did, the project would live on without him.

not blame - just saying
You are right in not trusting us. All I can say is that if you look at your Anoncoin peers, you will see about three that are running 0.9.6.1. We are holding back on pushing the post 0.9.4 code to github as some of our developments, including real block hashes and PID retargetting, could be easily copied.

Of course, it would be easy to make some clients with fake version numbers if we wanted to pump and dump.

As i have stated before I think we should push the current 9.6.1 code to a public development branch. More transparency would be refreshing,

Im against this. A lot of people still run the oldest working release! If we release this now, people will get it and stop bothering getting the finished new version.
We could let everyone know that it is unstable. There hasn't been a lot of activity on GitHub in several months so I can empathize with the frustration within the community. what If we released screenshots of the new wallet? I think this could go a long way towards alleviating some of the concerns about progress members of the community may have.
legendary
/dev/null

not blame - just saying

not blame - just saying

not blame - just saying
i have tested the new 9.6.1 client and can confirm it does exist and is has lots of improvements from the last public release. I cant say that im enthusiastic about how secretive the current anoncoin leaders are about it but progress is being made.
Activity: 249
Merit: 250

not blame - just saying

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

not blame - just saying
legendary
/dev/null
Just to let others know, I tried again to build the develop-themes branch on Debian (9) stretch x86 (and I'm not in a VM) but this time I deleted every anoncoin directories and started all new. I did follow the instructions and did exactly what is told here https://wiki.anoncoin.net/How_to_build_Anoncoin_develop , except that I did 'git checkout develop-themes' in that case.
Unfortunately the last 'make' command still ends with the scrypt-sse2 error that I already posted, and no anoncoin programs are build.

So my next step is to install debian 8 (Jessie) in a VM and try again.
Sorry to flood here. Should I fill a bug report somewhere? can it be a problem with the chipset of my laptop?
Compiling has nothing to do with chipsets.

You can open a Issue on Github with all details you have.
Pages:
Jump to: