Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 54. (Read 530606 times)

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002
New Anoncoin developer builds

This is just to let everyone know that we have put out our first 0.9.4 developer builds for testing on the anoncoin web site. At this moment, we have builds only for OSX and win64: linux builds will be added later.

These binaries are for testing purposes only, so please use caution and be sure to back up your wallet. We would be interested in any feedback you might have, so please let the developers know if you run into any problems or have ideas for improvement.

If you would like to compile the code yourself, instructions can be found here.

I cannot seem to find the source for 0.9.4
Activity: 158
Merit: 100

This is just to let everyone know that we have put out our first 0.9.4 developer builds for testing on the anoncoin web site. At this moment, we have builds only for OSX and win64: linux builds will be added later.

These binaries are for testing purposes only, so please use caution and be sure to back up your wallet. We would be interested in any feedback you might have, so please let the developers know if you run into any problems or have ideas for improvement.

Thanks for the update!
Activity: 249
Merit: 250

Hi Darkota,

I don't think that Anoncoin has been pumped and dumped repeatedly by the developers. It is true that Anoncoin has seen price manipulation like any other coin with low trading volume, but I don't see the hands of the developers in this. It is also true that the Gnosis's implementation of zerocoin was overhyped: my impression is that he was overly naive about the time commitment required to finish the job and that he did not profit from this (though I could be wrong, I am basing this on personal communication with him and judgement of his character).

Now that Cryptoslave and myself and acting as project managers, all development on the coin will be in the open on the Anoncoin development schedule. We will announce here only when new builds/release-candidates/releases are available, or when important milestones have been met. There will be no hype coming from the development team. If we have lost your trust, we hope to earn it back.

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

I have been involuntarily HODLing anoncoins for almost 4 months now, looking forward to dump it all during that huge pump. With a new wallet update I guess cryptsy will finally give me my coins...

Only for its name and its history as the first tor coin it has a long term value quite high. When the next surge occurs in crypto anc will climb high on the backs of people who have not followed the drama.

It is a shame that almost all coins now are controlled by essentially marketmakers. Anyone with us$50k can takeover almost any midcap coin and make a huge profit whipsawing people. In this case you had people with unlimited capital even able to force out other miners so they could acquire coins.

Bitcoin is the only "privacy" currency right now. A U.S. two star General can fly into Pakistan, hand a usb stick with $5m in bitcoin to his Pak counterpart. The heroin will arrive because bitcoin is trusted.

You cannot do that with anc or drk or any others.

Yea, bitcoin is soo private, that's why Bonafide raised 850k to add reputations to bitcoin addresses, http://www.coindesk.com/bonafide-raises-850k-build-reputation-system-bitcoin/. Also why blockchain anaylsis programs are being advanced further and further to parse the blockchain and connect addresses and bitcoins that have even gone through mixing...

The truth is tough, but Bitcoin is more transparent than a bank account, credit card, paypal, and far more transparent than physical cash.

Moving onto Anoncoin, this coin has Obviouly been pumped and dumped repeatedly by it's "developers", who have failed on literally every promise they've made. Hell, you can't even send anoncoins because the difficulty algo is messed up. Not to mention, Gnosis and others pumping/dumping Anoncoin with their Zerocoin announcements, over and over and over again...while having implemented absolutely nothing so far.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
BUMP       on: October 25, 2014, 07:34:28 AM

Our dear good boy Meeh

I know him from when he was younger,but I see that has stayed the same and even worsened the condition. Promise from the beginning,with less and less enthusiasm.
You do not know what is your ZC dev doing.
You don't know him.
You do not follow the market.
You became a drug addict,sleep is your priority,you're probably replaced the drugs with sleeping pills and tranquilizers.

What ANC can do is wait for a miracle someone to take your broken coin, and fix it if possible.
You evan didn't know to calculate the total supply.

Programmers were all leaving ANC, JackOfAll, Brotroxer.K1773R just shitting on the forum.In addition to the main web page where it says he is dev,can't be seen anywhere that he is the developer of the ANC.
PR has gone out from the beginning.You don't need PR,because you need not fuss about organized theft of people.
The truth is,that is just a strategy what makes ANC holders belive that you are REAL anonlover,don't need PR,don't need price for your coin.

Today we see your coin don't need blockchain.
Problems are very old, not just last few weeks.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5610837

Yes,this is theft,fraud,scam.
You tricked many investors,and thank goodness of crypto that I too appreciate my BTC.
I am not convince to buy your shit.

Picked money along with the major miners like K1773R and the partners at the end of 2013,you stood on the ball and watched still no plan to cheat,after that,out there is a solid work with the ZC,which you tried to use it.

The testnet in March, May, September!
Gnosis's try to get donation one time
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6366123
Fail

You show up stronger than ever,gnosis is not answering,you taking over the project.
This opens a collaboration with XMR,answering how on ZC started working with the new guy, Original.
After a couple of days returns gnosis in game.
He is more active on the forum.Flying around with the legendary members and sheep support in pumping.
New robbery comes.

Second time he was smarter with his partner ,get donations and pump the price after that.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8811344

Next was this
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9148128

Delay 7 days just 1 day before?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9203978

New Delay for 2-3 months?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9259153

Meeh,are you saying that you still know nothing?
When will you stop the bullshit meeh?
When will this stop? The sheep follow your shit and try to get more sheep in game?

These are just indicative of the fact. I've been waiting for you here last days for details.

ANC is game over.
Activity: 22
BITTREX is removing the following coins:

"We will be removing the following wallets on February 15th, 2015. Once removed, we will not be able to retrieve your funds. Please remove all coins ASAP. Note, that some of these coins have broken blockchains where we will not be able to send coins.

We have flagged and warned on these wallets for at least 30 days and no exceptions will be made once the wallets are removed."

Symbol   Coin Name
ANC   AnonCoin
AXR   Axron
BIG   BigBullion
BURN   BurnerCoin
CHCC   CHCCoin
DCN   DeepCoin
DEAF   DeafDollars
DIME   DimeCoin
DSB   DarkShibe
FLEX   FlexibleCoin
FRSH   FreshCoin
GANJA   GanjaCoin
GB   GreenBacks
GLOW   GlowCoin
HIC   HawaiiCoin
LKNX   InkwayCoin
MCL   MiracleCoin
MOB   MobCoin
NET   NetCoin
NMB   Nimbus
NOPE   NopeCoin
NUD   NewUniversalDollar
PYRA   PyramidsCoin
REKT   RektCoin
RUBLE   Ruble
SHADE   ShadeCoin
TAC   TalkCoin
TECH   TechCoin
UROD   UroDark
VAULT   VaultCoin
VIK   VikingCoin
VLTY   VolatilityCoin
VOOT   VootCoin
WWC   WorldWideCoin
XBOT   SocialXBot
XXX   XXXCoin
Activity: 532
Any prevision for the new release? I have some anoncoins stuck on cryptsy too. I would like to send them to my cold storage!

Yes I'd like to know too, for dumping all of them at a slightly smaller loss...cold storage, yes.
Activity: 2

I have been involuntarily HODLing anoncoins for almost 4 months now, looking forward to dump it all during that huge pump. With a new wallet update I guess cryptsy will finally give me my coins...

Only for its name and its history as the first tor coin it has a long term value quite high. When the next surge occurs in crypto anc will climb high on the backs of people who have not followed the drama.

It is a shame that almost all coins now are controlled by essentially marketmakers. Anyone with us$50k can takeover almost any midcap coin and make a huge profit whipsawing people. In this case you had people with unlimited capital even able to force out other miners so they could acquire coins.

Bitcoin is the only "privacy" currency right now. A U.S. two star General can fly into Pakistan, hand a usb stick with $5m in bitcoin to his Pak counterpart. The heroin will arrive because bitcoin is trusted.

You cannot do that with anc or drk or any others.

You rocks Pablo!
Activity: 2
Isn't there a fundamental problem with ANC, that people don't know who the big holders (whales) are?
Or how the distribution is? How many big holders?

Like in other anon coins its know who the big holders are. How coin is distributed over the community.
But in ANC not so much.
because we are not interested in pump'n'dump.
move along...

Anyone can look at http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/anoncoin/ chart / all and see the biggest one day spike in anc history.

Someone is getting ready for a massive pump or a massive dump.

One of the most crookedly traded of the older altcoins.

So is it going to be a pump or a dump?

Educated guess, based on experience with anc, is that a new major update comes out soon. Then a huge pump. Once the market seems to peak the big holders will dump. Same as before.

Meeh has been lured to the Phillipines, also known as Planecrashistan. Once he is officially off the coin the next pumpndump cycle begins. Another attempt to implement a rigged algo. Another cash windfall for the supposed protectors of liberty. Same modus operandi with altcoins as with their other projects.

Carry on.

Pablo, welcome back my master Wink
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/7d/7df4637bab26adc59e92e7e0d53a9376decc295afa935cb3c9b2e14f9f995716.jpg
Done. Just added it...
legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010
Help Anoncoin translate the Qt client (Bounty!)

In preparation for the release of Anoncoin 0.9.4, we have started a project on Transifex to translate the text associated with the Anoncoin-Qt client. We have chosen about ~25 high priority languages, but others can easily be added. Most of these languages are already partially translated as we have started with files that come from the Bitcoin project. We consider this a high priority task as Anoncoin should be available to those who need it, regardless of their native tongue.

We are offering a bounty of 25 ANC for each translation that is brought to 100%. We would like to offer more, but this is all that our donation account can support. All that we ask is that you be a native speaker of the language, and that you not use machine translation. Instruction on how to use the Transifex site can be found here. If you would like to act as a reviewer of previously translated pages, or if you would like to help coordinate specific languages, please contact me.

As usual, you can find everything you ever wanted to know on the Anoncoin wiki!

Why not Swedish? Add swedish and I'll do it. If you want.
Help Anoncoin translate the Qt client (Bounty!)

In preparation for the release of Anoncoin 0.9.4, we have started a project on Transifex to translate the text associated with the Anoncoin-Qt client. We have chosen about ~25 high priority languages, but others can easily be added. Most of these languages are already partially translated as we have started with files that come from the Bitcoin project. We consider this a high priority task as Anoncoin should be available to those who need it, regardless of their native tongue.

We are offering a bounty of 25 ANC for each translation that is brought to 100%. We would like to offer more, but this is all that our donation account can support. All that we ask is that you be a native speaker of the language, and that you not use machine translation. Instruction on how to use the Transifex site can be found here. If you would like to act as a reviewer of previously translated pages, or if you would like to help coordinate specific languages, please contact me.

As usual, you can find everything you ever wanted to know on the Anoncoin wiki!
legendary
Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047
Isn't there a fundamental problem with ANC, that people don't know who the big holders (whales) are?

Like in other anon coins its know who the big holders are. How coin is distributed over the community.
But in ANC not so much.
move along...

Anyone can look at http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/anoncoin/ chart / all and see the biggest one day spike in anc history.

Someone is getting ready for a massive pump or a massive dump.

One of the most crookedly traded of the older altcoins.

So is it going to be a pump or a dump?

Educated guess, based on experience with anc, is that a new major update comes out soon. Then a huge pump. Once the market seems to peak the big holders will dump. Same as before.

Meeh has been lured to the Phillipines, also known as Planecrashistan. Once he is officially off the coin the next pumpndump cycle begins. Another attempt to implement a rigged algo. Another cash windfall for the supposed protectors of liberty. Same modus operandi with altcoins as with their other projects.

Carry on.

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
What's up with the huge ANC/BTC volume on BTC38?

Yeah for over forty-eight hours now it has been showing a very high volume.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
Yeah. But who owns these 100 addresses?
100 real ANC community members or one ANC core dev & his three friends?

Currency is about trust. No one gonna trust ANC if ownership is so uncertain IMHO.
Why are you using fiat money then? there you even know less who owns the currency Tongue so its an invalid argument.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null

But in ANC not so much.
move along...
Activity: 770

Someone trading amongst themself.
Activity: 532
Yeah. But who owns these 100 addresses?
100 real ANC community members or one ANC core dev & his three friends?

Currency is about trust. No one gonna trust ANC if ownership is so uncertain IMHO.
I don't think that any coin can answer this type of question (sorry, I didn't mean to be hostile).

One aspect is: Who are the miners?

The second is: Once the miner sells his reward on the open market, who buys it?

I don't know the answer to either of these.

As for the question of trust, I would say that the creation of currency involves trust. After the initial creation, no trust is involved at all.
Pages:
Jump to: