Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 59. (Read 530606 times)

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
Official instructions for *buntu users or a highlighted link to the launchpad would help a lot of people.  Since the Snowden revelations there's been a lot more people trying Linux out for the first time and most new Linux users start with an *buntu based distro.  *buntu is a pretty popular OS now as well.  I've got a little bit of insight into using the terminal and my friend is a systems admin who I can always call on for help.  Although most new users will just give up and not bother.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
Which of the following nightly builds do I need for Xubunty 14.04LTS - https://nightly.privacysolutions.no/Anoncoin-Linux - I got the top one build 100 and get the following error

Code:
./anoncoin-qt: error while loading shared libraries: libdb_cxx-5.1.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I've installed
Code:
libudev-dev

I used to use the Ubuntu launchpad but can't seem to find a link to it anymore?

Found the launchpad and just used that - https://launchpad.net/~anoncoin/+archive/ubuntu/anoncoin - you should advertise that on your website.  As it will make things a lot easier for the average *buntu user.  
installing libudev when you need libdb wont help. i told meeh its a bad idea to link to db 5.1, verify that your anoncoin binary is linked to libdb4.8.
legendary
Which of the following nightly builds do I need for Xubunty 14.04LTS - https://nightly.privacysolutions.no/Anoncoin-Linux - I got the top one build 100 and get the following error

Code:
./anoncoin-qt: error while loading shared libraries: libdb_cxx-5.1.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I've installed
Code:
libudev-dev

Found the launchpad and just used that - https://launchpad.net/~anoncoin/+archive/ubuntu/anoncoin - you should advertise that on your website.  As it will make things a lot easier for the average *buntu user. 
legendary

Code:

I've installed
Code:
libudev-dev

Activity: 462
Merit: 500
Regarding ShadowCoins zerocoin progress, any thoughts from the Gnosis and the rest of the ANC dev team?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9852228

Its ShadowCASH my man
Activity: 189
Merit: 10
Regarding ShadowCoins zerocoin progress, any thoughts from the Gnosis and the rest of the ANC dev team?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9852228
Activity: 298
Merit: 250
How is the ZKP stuff going? Smiley

Don't expect any real updates from "Meeh" here on bitcointalk OR on IRC.

In fact, don't get your hopes up when it comes to Anoncoin.
Main developer doesn't seem to work at all on the Code, nor see I action when it comes to the other developers if you can call them that.

The Coin started off very well in 2013, work was being done. Now devs don't get in contact, don't write back, I just see a bunch of people on the IRC merely talking, and sometimes Meeh making "promises" that this happenes, and that happens ...

Forget it - Take your money, use it for real trading - on the stock market - and leave the Crypto market to the kids and developers.

This is a playground and nobody should put money into this especially when the developers just shut up about their once so loved project.

If the developers were serious about this project, we would not see such inactivity. In fact it looks just like a developers hobby to code a little here and there.

I'm out of this game, I don't see Anoncoin ever getting this codebase or Zerocoin done. This is my view.
legendary
/dev/null
Did developpers consider idea to replace Scrypt algorhythm with Lyra 2RE(Vertcoin is doing hardfork with it for few days)? It will remove stability threat  from Scrypt ASIC farms and is extremely adaptable for any future changes.
No "butthurt GPU miner" algos...
Activity: 916
Merit: 312
Did developpers consider idea to replace Scrypt algorhythm with Lyra 2RE(Vertcoin is doing hardfork with it for few days)? It will remove stability threat  from Scrypt ASIC farms and is extremely adaptable for any future changes.
legendary
/dev/null
I agree in that if the targets in the roadmap had some clearly defined public deadlines then everyone would feel better.  Even if those time frames for those deadlines were given a lot of extra leeway.

We have seen it is better to not have deadlines planned to avoid possible pumping of the price in the month before the deadline and dumping of the price if the date becomes overdue. We think what happened in October shall not happen again and we prefer not to give anymore deadline for this reason. People who want to have more information about the implementation are warmly invited to come ask on the IRC channel #anoncoin or to read our development track at wiki
i like to see this. im sick of ppl who just wanna make a quick buck and dont give a shit otherwise.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
I agree in that if the targets in the roadmap had some clearly defined public deadlines then everyone would feel better.  Even if those time frames for those deadlines were given a lot of extra leeway.

We have seen it is better to not have deadlines planned to avoid possible pumping of the price in the month before the deadline and dumping of the price if the date becomes overdue. We think what happened in October shall not happen again and we prefer not to give anymore deadline for this reason. People who want to have more information about the implementation are warmly invited to come ask on the IRC channel #anoncoin or to read our development track at wiki
legendary
Activity: 258
So, I recognize that until substantive changes occur to the ANC code things are at a relative standstill. However, I would just like to point out that delays began happening after it became apparent that TOR was compromised. Around that same time period, impressive changes have been happening to I2P. In order to have a strong coin you need to have an equally strong network overwhich you can freely transmit. As much as I want ANC to succeed I think you also need to see continuing changes revolving around I2P and the network. Regardless of the underlying roadwork needed for transmissions, an updated timeframe concerning aux/pow, and new code would be nice to see... but at the same time, I can understand how providing updated information could possibly be contrary to the mission. Tinfoil and popcorn? Smiley
Activity: 686
Merit: 500

I think the immediate focus is on other issues as outlined in this thread. We need to have the blockchain functioning properly so all the exchanges will resume trading.

This is also a top priority before we approach major merchants and ask them to accept ANC
Activity: 364
Stand up , Stand up , Stand up !
The best buying opportunity
Activity: 900
Merit: 1014
advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
I got the same problem back again with an unconfirmed transaction!

Is this something that will be solved with the 0.9 client?

I can't keep bugging people on this forum every time I need to send coins.
It rescanned but is still showing the same thing, 0/6 confirmations etc....

Well then give me the raw transaction like this:

Right-click on the unconfirmed transaction under transaction tab, copy the ID
Go into the debug console, type "getrawtransaction ID-without-000" it will generate an hexstring
Then PM me this hexstring and I will mine it..

Ex: ID=546a464b46849c46846d46464c64654f646546a5464b5464e45646a454b6456f-000
getrawtransaction 546a464b46849c46846d46464c64654f646546a5464b5464e45646a454b6456f
-> hexstring
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"
It rescanned but is still showing the same thing, 0/6 confirmations etc....
I dont use a Mac, try this? :

Code:
open /Applications/Anoncoin-Qt.app --args -rescan

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cant-open-qt-need-help-corrupted-402204

using a Mac and tried from Terminal but no luck, just error codes...thanks
Pages:
Jump to: