Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history) - page 63. (Read 530606 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
How many core-dev ANC has?
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
I trust that progress will be made..... I just hope it comes faster than in the past.

During this time ...
https://i.imgur.com/Ec9P3KP.jpg
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
https://twitter.com/AnoncoinTeam/status/534233958687723520

Update from the (zero knowledge) competition

Please elaborate...

AnoncoinTwitter Grin
SDC has beaten ANC to become the first to reach public beta with a zero knowledge.

Meeh should learn with SDC devs!

Why do you care so much about ANC, its future prospects and its devs? Obviously you think ANC is total failure, move on with your life then.

I still believe in ANC!

I just made that Tweet because I thought it was important to note that our competition is making progress so we cant assume that continued delays will be accepted by the market. At some point a proven zero knowledge solution will capture market share. ANC needs to act quickly.

I am happy with the current ANC dev roadmap. I trust that progress will be made..... I just hope it comes faster than in the past.
Activity: 3
Anoncoin progress report

In this model, each algorithm will only create one-third of the blocks, making a 51% attack almost impossible (the attacker would need to control two of the algorithms, not just one).

So anoncoin is safe at last. http://www.martyink.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Sweating-WipingBrow-Overheated-200pxl.jpg
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
I wrote this up in response to one of the Anoncoin bounties : https://ihb.io/2014-11-17/news/anonymity-block-chain-13570

Comments appreciated. Smiley

Awesome

Please retry your trolling. Correct url is ihb.io, not hb.io. The result is roughly the same though.
Activity: 900
Merit: 1014
advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe
I wrote this up in response to one of the Anoncoin bounties : https://ihb.io/2014-11-17/news/anonymity-block-chain-13570

Comments appreciated. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
Cliff notes? Any dates/roadmap?
Activity: 54
Merit: 1

Please elaborate...

AnoncoinTwitter Grin
SDC has beaten ANC to become the first to reach public beta with a zero knowledge.

Why do you care so much about ANC, its future prospects and its devs? Obviously you think ANC is total failure, move on with your life then.
Activity: 15

AnoncoinTwitter Grin

Anoncoin progress report

I would like to give a quick update on some of the progress that has been made with Anoncoin in the past week.

First, we have put together a development schedule that is now online at the Anoncoin wiki. In short, we are planning three releases, which will require two hard forks.

The first release (release A) aims primarily to

• update the code base to bitcoin 0.9.3,
  • fix the KGW difficulty algorithm,
  • implement multiPOW with three chains (sha-256, scrypt, and the primecoin algorithm), with each allowing merged mining,
  • add DNS/I2P seed nodes, and
  • switch from I2P to I2Pd (though still routing traffic through the SAM bridge).

The biggest change will be the change in the mining algorithm. The idea is to use several different proof-of-work algorithms, similar to what was first started by Myriadcoin. In this model, each algorithm will only create one-third of the blocks, making a 51% attack almost impossible (the attacker would need to control two of the algorithms, not just one). Furthermore, in order to not be at the mercy of mining pools, which join and leave the network at irregular intervals giving rise to large spikes in the hash rate, each of these three POW chains will allow for merged mining. This means that anyone who is already mining scrypt (for example), will be able to mine Anoncoin with no additional work. We are open to comments from the community about these changes. The choice in the three mining algorithms was done by consensus, and this could be changed if there is a good reason.

I should note that there is a potential drawback to merged mining, which is that people who normally wouldn't mine Anoncoin will all of a sudden be able to get ANC for "free". These miners will almost certainly dump these coins, and this will lead to a downward pressure on the ANC price (though I should note that the price of Dogecoin increased after they implemented merged mining). This will partially be mitigated by the fact that the 5 ANC block reward will halve to 2.5 in about 2.5 months time. We had some discussions about changing the time that the block reward halved, but most of us think that it would be a bad idea to modify this.

Following this initial release, we plan on two other releases. Release B will be a cosmetic update, and will include a built in I2Pd router. Release C will include support for Zerocoin, and will require a second hard fork. Depending on how zerocoin progresses, the release time of B and C could be switched.

We have already hardcoded two DNS seed nodes, as well as a couple I2P seed nodes. Though two DNS seeders are probably enough, we would be happy to add additional ones.

I am unwilling to give estimates at this time for the release dates given the missed deadlines that we have all been subjected to in the past. As soon as I have a "hard" estimate, I will be certain to let you know.

Great update. I like your plan!

Activity: 126
Lean into the curves.
Anoncoin progress report

I would like to give a quick update on some of the progress that has been made with Anoncoin in the past week.

I am unwilling to give estimates at this time for the release dates given the missed deadlines that we have all been subjected to in the past. As soon as I have a "hard" estimate, I will be certain to let you know.

It will be very interesting to see what comes of this.  I hope it goes well and quickly.
Activity: 937
Merit: 1000
Is there a timeline for the tx fix?  We have a lot of customers wanting to withdraw funds, but we can't do that until the wallet will properly send them.

thanks
richie@bittrex
We are working on a 0.9.3 codebase.

In case you dont want to wait long, see below for a possible "hotfix" solution.

TXs bigger than 100KB are picked up by me and also by someone else, so they should get included in a block within some time.
If you are unable to broadcast your tx, please rebuild from latest (git HEAD) source. If this donst help, then i can happily (re)broadcast all your TXs for free until this gets resolved.

Thanks for the offer.  Based on this, we will be reopening the ANC wallet.  If you have a withdrawal that gets stuck, please open a support ticket with us, and we'll work with K1773R on getting it broadcasted properly.

thanks,
richie@bittrex
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003
The problem with adopting SHA256d as part of the auxPoW myriad is that potentially none of the bitcoin pools of any size add ANC merge-mining.  Therefor making the ANC SHA256d relative hashrate tiny compared to the network total hashrate.  So in effect making the chances of an attack taking place on that network more likely.  Out of any of the pools with >1% of the total network hashrate only - GHash.io - merge-mines anything but NMC.  While a lot of BTC pools don't currently merge-mine anything at all.  You may be better using NeoScrypt and merge-mining with Feathercoin.  As that is currently the largest GPU biased network not including X11/Darkcoin.  Or possibly using Cryptonight to merge-mine with Monero although I strongly feel that most of that network hashrate is made up of botnets.  Choosing only three networks to auxPoW with is a good idea IMHO.  Then further down the line after the new networks miners adopt ANC merge-mining then looking at potentially increasing the number of auxPoW networks to five and then possibly even seven can be looked at in more detail.  I'm not saying SHA256d should be completely ruled out just that ANC may struggle to attract a network size considered relatively secure.
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
Anoncoin progress report

First, we have put together a development schedule that is now online at the Anoncoin wiki. In short, we are planning three releases, which will require two hard forks.

The first release (release A) aims primarily to

• update the code base to bitcoin 0.9.3,
  • fix the KGW difficulty algorithm,
  • implement multiPOW with three chains (sha-256, scrypt, and the primecoin algorithm), with each allowing merged mining,
  • add DNS/I2P seed nodes, and
  • switch from I2P to I2Pd (though still routing traffic through the SAM bridge).

The biggest change will be the change in the mining algorithm. The idea is to use several different proof-of-work algorithms, similar to what was first started by Myriadcoin. In this model, each algorithm will only create one-third of the blocks, making a 51% attack almost impossible (the attacker would need to control two of the algorithms, not just one). Furthermore, in order to not be at the mercy of mining pools, which join and leave the network at irregular intervals giving rise to large spikes in the hash rate, each of these three POW chains will allow for merged mining. This means that anyone who is already mining scrypt (for example), will be able to mine Anoncoin with no additional work. We are open to comments from the community about these changes. The choice in the three mining algorithms was done by consensus, and this could be changed if there is a good reason.

I should note that there is a potential drawback to merged mining, which is that people who normally wouldn't mine Anoncoin will all of a sudden be able to get ANC for "free". These miners will almost certainly dump these coins, and this will lead to a downward pressure on the ANC price (though I should note that the price of Dogecoin increased after they implemented merged mining). This will partially be mitigated by the fact that the 5 ANC block reward will halve to 2.5 in about 2.5 months time. We had some discussions about changing the time that the block reward halved, but most of us think that it would be a bad idea to modify this.

Following this initial release, we plan on two other releases. Release B will be a cosmetic update, and will include a built in I2Pd router. Release C will include support for Zerocoin, and will require a second hard fork. Depending on how zerocoin progresses, the release time of B and C could be switched.

We have already hardcoded two DNS seed nodes, as well as a couple I2P seed nodes. Though two DNS seeders are probably enough, we would be happy to add additional ones.

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
Is there a timeline for the tx fix?  We have a lot of customers wanting to withdraw funds, but we can't do that until the wallet will properly send them.

thanks
richie@bittrex
We are working on a 0.9.3 codebase.

In case you dont want to wait long, see below for a possible "hotfix" solution.

TXs bigger than 100KB are picked up by me and also by someone else, so they should get included in a block within some time.
If you are unable to broadcast your tx, please rebuild from latest (git HEAD) source. If this donst help, then i can happily (re)broadcast all your TXs for free until this gets resolved.
Who cares about these bounties? They are available since months and no one cares.
This bounty story is a waste of time. Meeh go back to work if you are still able to.

The bounty for the ANC-QT "The best css design for the new anoncoin-qt wallet" is also still avaiable!  Grin

We currently have 2 DNSSeeds. I and keystroke are operating them currently.
If someone has problems to find clearnet nodes, please build from current src (master) and you should always have plenty of connetions.

https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/commit/f8848032d4491356318e65e29d87306ab58007e0
https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/commit/4ea0247c79b6fd8f702c35a454c5c87291fe180b

Glad I could help! The DNSSeed should be very stable but if there are any issues ever just message me here and I will check them out. I also have an anoncoin node running on static I2P.

I am speaking to a friend who might be able to do an Android wallet as well. (I have been looking through the bounties.)

Also, is the "Publication of an article about bitcoin-related privacy/anonymity solutions on a cryptocurrency or internet-privacy web site." bounty open? If so I will take care of that. Smiley
All bounties on the wiki are still open!
Activity: 150
The bounty for the ANC-QT "The best css design for the new anoncoin-qt wallet" is also still avaiable!  Grin

We currently have 2 DNSSeeds. I and keystroke are operating them currently.
If someone has problems to find clearnet nodes, please build from current src (master) and you should always have plenty of connetions.

https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/commit/f8848032d4491356318e65e29d87306ab58007e0
https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/commit/4ea0247c79b6fd8f702c35a454c5c87291fe180b

Glad I could help! The DNSSeed should be very stable but if there are any issues ever just message me here and I will check them out. I also have an anoncoin node running on static I2P.

I am speaking to a friend who might be able to do an Android wallet as well. (I have been looking through the bounties.)

Also, is the "Publication of an article about bitcoin-related privacy/anonymity solutions on a cryptocurrency or internet-privacy web site." bounty open? If so I will take care of that. Smiley
All bounties on the wiki are still open!

thanks
richie@bittrex

Good luck. We are waiting on the imminent fork since one month.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Anoncoin/comments/2ix6ny/a_hard_fork_is_imminent_pay_attention_to_forum/
Activity: 937
Merit: 1000
Is there a timeline for the tx fix?  We have a lot of customers wanting to withdraw funds, but we can't do that until the wallet will properly send them.

thanks
richie@bittrex
Pages:
Jump to: