Pages:
Author

Topic: Official Bitcoin Price Prediction for Dec 31, 2014 - page 8. (Read 19784 times)

Activity: 433
Merit: 250
If I could change my vote, I would say 10k actually.
2k April
3k August
4k December
!
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
A lot of people seem to be thinking along the 10-100-1000-10000 line, but even with catalysts that's a stretch. However a multiple of 1,000 seems reasonable, given growing adoption & traffic.

Exactly. What exactly does 10-100-1000 mean? Sure they are they are nice round numbers and psychologically investors like those numbers. Whether Dow at 5000, 10000, 15000.  Bitcoin has to become a lot more mainstream for it to have a market cap over $100B and then $400B...

But I do believe in the long run it will get there...

The bigger the market cap, the more chance we have about bitcoin getting more adopted.
So far, this year looks like the year of the adoption with big companies getting in.
Activity: 994
Merit: 501
A lot of people seem to be thinking along the 10-100-1000-10000 line, but even with catalysts that's a stretch. However a multiple of 1,000 seems reasonable, given growing adoption & traffic.

Exactly. What exactly does 10-100-1000 mean? Sure they are they are nice round numbers and psychologically investors like those numbers. Whether Dow at 5000, 10000, 15000.  Bitcoin has to become a lot more mainstream for it to have a market cap over $100B and then $400B...

But I do believe in the long run it will get there...
Activity: 280
Activity: 378
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
It's gone up at least 10× every year so far.  Don't see any reason why 2014 will be slower.  Based on the adoption curve and where we are on it, it should be FASTER.   Shocked

LATE EDIT: Forgot to guess: $45,000

People feel intellectually/morally superior by not making optimistic predictions. They believe they are smarter because they say something that could not be considered enthusiastic.

I am intellectually superior. Probably morally superior also Wink. I am also an optimistic realist. $45k by years end is kind of ridiculous. Think about how much NEW money needs to flow into Bitcoin on 1 year?  Almost $350 Billion.  Will that ever happen? Probably. 1 year? Too quick I think.

would you have thought $1000+ was possible in 2013 when it was ~$10 at the beginning of the year?

Yes, easily

But who cares abt 1000... 5 figures or bust

all the people that got in at 0,1,2,3 figures care
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
dafar consulting
It's gone up at least 10× every year so far.  Don't see any reason why 2014 will be slower.  Based on the adoption curve and where we are on it, it should be FASTER.   Shocked

People feel intellectually/morally superior by not making optimistic predictions. They believe they are smarter because they say something that could not be considered enthusiastic.

I am intellectually superior. Probably morally superior also Wink. I am also an optimistic realist. $45k by years end is kind of ridiculous. Think about how much NEW money needs to flow into Bitcoin on 1 year?  Almost $350 Billion.  Will that ever happen? Probably. 1 year? Too quick I think.

would you have thought $1000+ was possible in 2013 when it was ~$10 at the beginning of the year?

Yes, easily

But who cares abt 1000... 5 figures or bust
Activity: 378
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

I am intellectually superior. Probably morally superior also Wink. I am also an optimistic realist. $45k by years end is kind of ridiculous. Think about how much NEW money needs to flow into Bitcoin on 1 year?  Almost $350 Billion.  Will that ever happen? Probably. 1 year? Too quick I think.

I am intellectually superior. Probably morally superior also Wink. I am also an optimistic realist. $45k by years end is kind of ridiculous. Think about how much NEW money needs to flow into Bitcoin on 1 year?  Almost $350 Billion.  Will that ever happen? Probably. 1 year? Too quick I think.
210 votes

cmon guys lets keep the votes coming in
Activity: 194
Merit: 100

Activity: 233
Merit: 101
i think it will rise to 10,000 somewhere in the year, but it will crash back to about 3000 and then, depending on when the crash and rise happened, it will slowly increase towards 4000~5000 and probably be around that price at the end of the year.

+1 My guess as well.
legendary
dafar consulting
I dont care what anyone says ITT... 5 figures or bust

Wake me up when btc is at least $10k

What happens at $10k?  It's like the magic ceiling we had int he past with the DOW reaching $10k.  It's just a number.  Do you sell?  Do you hold?  Are we all richer? Wink

I'll be very rich, that's what will happen. I dunno about you but I like financial freedom. That's why it bugs me when people say "the price does not matter"....umm, yes it does.

Financial freedom seems nice.  $10k will do that for you?  I'd need more like $40k. Wink  But I honestly don't think we can do much more than $2k by year's end.  I hope I'm wrong and you're right.

Nah, $10k actually won't do that for me either... but it would be a heck lot of capital for my age and I could quit my job for a few years and try to figure out some other ventures. It would be good capital to make more money and pay off all my debts. With $40k I can possibly retire and live a decent life without being too lavish.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
I'll say $3,500.

What happens at $10k?  It's like the magic ceiling we had int he past with the DOW reaching $10k.  It's just a number.  Do you sell?  Do you hold?  Are we all richer? Wink

I'll be very rich, that's what will happen. I dunno about you but I like financial freedom. That's why it bugs me when people say "the price does not matter"....umm, yes it does.

Financial freedom seems nice.  $10k will do that for you?  I'd need more like $40k. Wink  But I honestly don't think we can do much more than $2k by year's end.  I hope I'm wrong and you're right.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
75000 seems reasonable
legendary
dafar consulting

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

It is another one of those psychologically pleasing numbers that may cause a big sell-off.

If it can hit plateaus like this and keep growing, that is a sign of strength.

legendary
dafar consulting

Pages:
Jump to: